Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #631
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Oh, Courtney My heart just aches for your parents. Hope some recourse can be found for this unfair action. Is it possible the place may have gotten your family's unti mixed up with someone else?

I'm so sorry, sweetie.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:14 PM   #632
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Courtney, this happened to Heather too. Maybe she'll have some words of comfort (she's working today). I am so sorry about this. Can you believe that this can happen? With no warning?
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #633
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Hello everyone . I know I've missed tons lately, but I'm starting to get a little more control of my life and was able to skim back a little.

Kelly & Stacerita- Sorry you're in such pain & I hope you feel better soon.

Donna- Hope you get over your illness.

Beth- That really sucks about the van. I completely know how you feel!!!

Wendy- We all get in a funk once in awhile. Your a great person & shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Hugs to you .

Steph- Thanks for thinking of me .

Cristabel- Glad you got moved okay!!

Heather- Sounds like you had a marvelous birthday at Disneyland. What Fun!!

Dawn- Hugs & Kisses that you're okay .

Hope everyone else is good. My kids start school tomorrow so we're trying to get everything ready.

I was without a car for 4 days (which seemed like forever). My car got totaled while parked at my sisters house (someone side swiped it at full speed). Since I don't have a job I couldn't get financed for a new car (banks won't touch you with no job). I had to find a car I could pay cash for. So I went from having a car that was less than 2 years old to a used Toyota Camry with with over 150,000. The good thing is I had GAP insurance on the other car so I don't owe anything & I no longer have a car payment. The bad thing is, I'm so afraid the car will break at any minute. It runs fine, but I'm still nervous. But Toyota's are usually reliable.

Besides that I've had a lot of family stress so I'm just trying to stay sane .

Oh, the baby got her first tooth last week. She has one tooth on the top front so I call her snaggle-tooth .
Old 08-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #634
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Courtney, I'm so sorry that happened to your parents. I'm glad it wasn't anything priceless or irreplaceable such as momentos or photos, but still. I think they should sue the storage company. It all sounds very fishy to me. Good luck to you and your parents.

Katie, that sucks about your car! Thank goodness you don't still have to pay for a totaled car. I always wondered about that. Hopefully the one you have now keeps going strong for you.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #635
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Katie - post a pic of snagle tooth please. Babies are so cute like that.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 08-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #636
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
So I was just filmed for a CBP recruiting video! Crazy!

Sarah
Did you give the Dis Divas a shout out??

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Hey ladies, I need some hugs, pixie dust and just some moral support.

I've mentioned before that my parents have been having some financial troubles lately mainly because both of their incomes got cut at their jobs. Well last year we moved from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment. The mortgage was getting too much (this was before my parent's pay cut) and the house was too big (always has been, we've been there since I was 2) for just the 3 of us. Since we were downgrading, my parents rented a storage unit. Well, my Mom goes to the storage to pay her bill and what does the lady tell her? "Sorry, we auctioned off all your stuff last week." Did we get a phone call? A letter that our payment was late? Anything? NOPE. A brand new HE washer and dryer. Gone. My grandparent's couches. Gone. My parent's dressers. Gone.

My Mom is in tears trying to find papers, bill statements, anything that shows her the last time she paid them. She remember she went in June to pay and the lady told her she can just pay half and that would be fine. The lady told my Mom today she sent us certified letters/bills. Did she have any copies of them? Nope. My Mom went to the post office and they don't have any letters/bills for us.

It's just material stuff. It can be fixed. I'll buy my parents all the washers and dryers in the world. I guess we're lucky all our personal stuff is here in the garage (my pageant dresses, all my grandmother's stuff, old pictures, etc.) and wasn't in that storage unit.

I'm just so MAD that the lady (or anyone working there) didn't make more of an effort to get a hold of us. Like washers and dryers and couches come from trees.

Thank you for letting me vent.
That totally stinks. And with no record that they tried to get ahold of you sounds a bit hokie if you ask me. Something is up with that and I would persue it. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
I took a moment to update the schedule and try to reflect some of the more recent things we've talked about. If someone can take a look at it and let me know if it's seems right so far, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!!

SCHEDULE

(The meals that are listed are the planned group meals. All other meals are on your own, either sit down, counter service, or grab a corn dog in between rides!)
Thursday
Arrival day ~ All arriving at various times
Those arriving in time for lunch, meet for a counter service lunch at Rancho del Zocalo followed by group ride on Pirates
Dinner will be at the Meet and Greet like last time.

Friday
Princess Fantasy Faire followed by group ride on Small World (wear your tiaras)
Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour
Lunch: Ariel's Princess lunch (don't forget to wear your tiaras for this too!)
Dinner: Carnation Cafe

Saturday
Scavenger Hunt followed by group ride on the train
Late Lunch: Cafe Orleans (and Club 33 for a lucky few thanks to Heather!!)
Dinner: Napa Rose OR a counter service in the park OR a DTD restaurant

Sunday
Segway Tour
House of Blues Gospel Brunch
Cove Bar for drinks that evening

Monday
Lunch: Wine Country Trattoria followed by a group ride on Soarin
Blue Bayou for dessert in the evening

Tuesday
Departure Day
Farewell Breakfast: Mimi's Cafe

That all looks great to me.

Does anyone want to add a trip to the Animation Bldg after drinks at the Cove Bar? A few of us went last year and had a great time.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 08-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #637
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post

That all looks great to me.

Does anyone want to add a trip to the Animation Bldg after drinks at the Cove Bar? A few of us went last year and had a great time.
Yes Beth, the new plans love mah-velous to me. I want to do everything on the list!

Count me in for the Animation Bldg. God only knows my sketch couldn't be any worse than the one I did Sat with Cristabel & Cheryl. And I was sober then!

Courtney, sweetie, I am sooooo sorry this happened to your family. I cried when I read it. Stupid storage unit companies. They really push the envelope, don't they? But the important thing (like you said) is that none of your family heirlooms and special items were in there. But the new HE W/D set? I just bought a set for my unspoiled child this year and even at the Sears floor-model-slightly scratched-as is store it was over $1,200. I would be FURIOUS too if I were your mom.

Kelly, be careful during your recovery. You have been through so much, I cannot even imagine how you cope each day. Hugs to you...and Shane for being such a good DH.

Beth & Katie - that sucks about your vehicles. Darn it!

Have a good evening everyone.

PS I didn't mean to imply my DD is anything but an angel. I love her to pieces, but anyone that knows us really does know she is spoiled to death. Derservingly so.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 08-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #638
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Yes on the animation!!! Great idea!!
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
Old 08-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #639
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Thank you ladies for all the well wishes and hugs. I will keep you girls posted on what happens with this storage mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Oh, Courtney My heart just aches for your parents. Hope some recourse can be found for this unfair action. Is it possible the place may have gotten your family's unti mixed up with someone else?

I'm so sorry, sweetie.
Thank you so much, Christine. My Mom is getting together all her paperwork from the storage place, like receipts and the contract thing they signed. She kind of doesn't want to deal with it right now and I guess I don't blame her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
Courtney, this happened to Heather too. Maybe she'll have some words of comfort (she's working today). I am so sorry about this. Can you believe that this can happen? With no warning?
Thank you! I'll shoot Heather a PM tomorrow.

Quote:
Courtney, I'm so sorry that happened to your parents. I'm glad it wasn't anything priceless or irreplaceable such as momentos or photos, but still. I think they should sue the storage company. It all sounds very fishy to me. Good luck to you and your parents.
Thank you, Beth. It sounds weird to us too. My Mom said this lady at the storage place has never been friendly to her anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
That totally stinks. And with no record that they tried to get ahold of you sounds a bit hokie if you ask me. Something is up with that and I would persue it. Good luck..
Thank you, Stacie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Courtney, sweetie, I am sooooo sorry this happened to your family. I cried when I read it. Stupid storage unit companies. They really push the envelope, don't they? But the important thing (like you said) is that none of your family heirlooms and special items were in there. But the new HE W/D set? I just bought a set for my unspoiled child this year and even at the Sears floor-model-slightly scratched-as is store it was over $1,200. I would be FURIOUS too if I were your mom.
Thank you so much, Linda. The washer/dryer set is fairly new. We put it in storage since our apartment came with a washer/dryer.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:52 PM   #640
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Okay, you talked me into it. I'll wear a birthday button even though it will be a few days early. I'm not sure why I still feel guilty about it though.....Catholic guilt maybe? LOL.

Courtney, I think something fishy is going on too and your parents got burned. I agree with Cheryl; you're parents should pursue this and get to the bottom of what happened. I'm so sorry that happened to all of you!

Katie - UGH, you're car got totaled?!? That just plain sucks!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #641
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Courtney and Katie--I'm so sorry. Big hugs to both of you.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #642
karylrocks
I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....

Quote:
My Mom is in tears trying to find papers, bill statements, anything that shows her the last time she paid them. She remember she went in June to pay and the lady told her she can just pay half and that would be fine. The lady told my Mom today she sent us certified letters/bills. Did she have any copies of them? Nope. My Mom went to the post office and they don't have any letters/bills for us.
I totally understand that your mom doesn't want to deal with all this right now, she must be feeling just terrible! Sometimes it just seems like one thing after another and you wonder when it will end. I do hope that she will pursue the issue though because it sounds like they do not have any record of the certified letters and should be held accountable, especially if you were not late enough on your payments to warrent what they did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
I was without a car for 4 days (which seemed like forever). My car got totaled while parked at my sisters house (someone side swiped it at full speed). Since I don't have a job I couldn't get financed for a new car (banks won't touch you with no job). I had to find a car I could pay cash for. So I went from having a car that was less than 2 years old to a used Toyota Camry with with over 150,000. The good thing is I had GAP insurance on the other car so I don't owe anything & I no longer have a car payment. The bad thing is, I'm so afraid the car will break at any minute. It runs fine, but I'm still nervous. But Toyota's are usually reliable.
That is tough! I went without a car for several months and about a year after I finally got one, it was totaled by an apparantly drunk driver. Right now we are trying to help our son find a car so he can get to school (taking classes at 3 different college campuses this term) and I just don't feel comfortable that anything we can afford will work out. I hope your Camry works out for you!
Quote:
Friday
Princess Fantasy Faire followed by group ride on Small World (wear your tiaras)
Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour
Lunch: Ariel's Princess lunch (don't forget to wear your tiaras for this too!)
Dinner: Carnation Cafe
It looks like we will be choosing between doing the Tour or doing PFF and Ariels, since the Tour takes all morning and includes lunch. Is that correct?

Disneyland: 1964, 1977, 1979, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Walt Disney World: 1994, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013
DCL: Wonder-10 Night Southern Caribbean 2006, Mexican Riviera 2011; Magic-Inaugural Galveston 2012
Aulani: May 2012
Old 08-25-2009, 11:17 PM   #643
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
It must be a genetic gift for the Who Sisters to be so thoughtful with their phone texts! Cuz WendyLouWho and DebbieLouWho have been so sweet to send me happy texts during the past 2 weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Theresa! Good to see you!

Does anyone have any cute back to school stories from their children's first day? Or grandchildren
School doesn't start here until Tuesday.

Quote:
Hey ladies, I need some hugs, pixie dust and just some moral support.

I've mentioned before that my parents have been having some financial troubles lately mainly because both of their incomes got cut at their jobs. Well last year we moved from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment. The mortgage was getting too much (this was before my parent's pay cut) and the house was too big (always has been, we've been there since I was 2) for just the 3 of us. Since we were downgrading, my parents rented a storage unit. Well, my Mom goes to the storage to pay her bill and what does the lady tell her? "Sorry, we auctioned off all your stuff last week." Did we get a phone call? A letter that our payment was late? Anything? NOPE. A brand new HE washer and dryer. Gone. My grandparent's couches. Gone. My parent's dressers. Gone.

It's just material stuff. It can be fixed. I'll buy my parents all the washers and dryers in the world. I guess we're lucky all our personal stuff is here in the garage (my pageant dresses, all my grandmother's stuff, old pictures, etc.) and wasn't in that storage unit.

I'm just so MAD that the lady (or anyone working there) didn't make more of an effort to get a hold of us. Like washers and dryers and couches come from trees.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Ugh...this happened to my friend Amber about 3 months ago. EVERYTHING was gone!! She only moved what she needed into her parents house. All her 2 childrens babystuff that she was keeping GONE!! Furniture gone. Personal items gone. She is now suing the storage place. They have changed their story 5 times. Said they sent certified mail/bills but there was nothing ever delivered to her.

I hope they get your parents situation figured out. I could only imagine how frustrating it is.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:20 PM   #644
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
Courtney--I know your Mom doesn't want to deal with this right now but I would demand evidence of the letters they claim to have sent--before they have time to "manufacture" it. Hugs to you and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
PS I didn't mean to imply my DD is anything but an angel. I love her to pieces, but anyone that knows us really does know she is spoiled to death. Derservingly so.
My Mom used to say I was always spoiled--but not a brat. And that's the same with Bree.

Katie: I hope things get better soon.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:20 PM   #645
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Courtney--you might also call the Consumer Affairs division of the state.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: