Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 05:06 PM   #616
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Oh great! Thanks for telling me dawn. Luckily my pharmacy always gives me the generic stuff so maybe that will be better who knows! I just know they said I needed something really strong because of the fact that it was Ecoli in there. I know I have taken just about EVERY flippin antibiotic known to man with all my bladder troubles in the past and it seems like I am immune to them!

Thanks for the warning!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 08-25-2009, 05:11 PM   #617
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

It's a strong drug.. I used to take it for my lungs. I never ever had any kind of leg pain.. my leg/ankle tendons hurt so much i have to put the heating pad on them in the mornings and at night.

I'm not involved in any of the lawsuits.. yet I know that they are valid because I now have problems from having taken the drug.

Good Luck.

Cristabel.. thank You for providing the link!
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #618
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

How long did you take it? I am only supposed to take it for 5 days. You know it is funny I have a lot of problems with my knees I wonder if that is from all the antibiotics I took for years? I have like no cartiledge left. It sounds like rice krispies when I bend my knees.

Sorry for your pains! And again thanks for the warning! I have a call in to my stupid uro but his office isn't answering the phone! I wanted to see what he thought of all this!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 08-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #619
fairykin

Over a period of 2 years I did several rounds of it. I took the really strong dose.. giant horse pills. Sometimes Your body just needs something strong.. but wow.. who would have thought there would be this effect.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #620
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Happy Tuesday lovely Divas!

I have been in such a funk lately, I just don't know what to do with myself anymore. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with myself so I'll just have to deal with it.

On Saturday I was looking at the front page of this thread looking at the activities listed and I got a wave of nostalgia from this years trip and it made me so happy to remember what a great time I had.

Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear about all the pain your in. I hope you get relief soon.

Beth, that totally sucks about the cost of the van. My car is starting to get up there in years and it's starting to freak me out, because I REALLY can't afford to have something happen to it.

Heather, it sounds like you had a super great birthday! How lucky that you were surrounded by fellow Diva's. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I can't believe they did away with one of the fancy toilets at Club 33.

Dawnikins, it's good to see you on the boards again!

Melody, tackle hug!

Cristabel, that's so awesome that some of the Diva's got together to get you a Deluxe AP! These gals are really awesome. I hope you're enjoying college life so far.

Laurie, I don't know if you're reading here, I know you have a lot going on. I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts and I'm hoping for the best for you all. You are a very strong woman and I know you and your family will find a way to make things work.

Oooh, I know there's more I wanted to say, but I'm at work and got distracted by a phone call so I don't remember anymore.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #621
Tinker_
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post

You should definitely come!

I fly into John Wayne or Long Beach. Both are very, very easy, and are close to DLR.

We usually take a cab to and from the airport, for about $40-45 each way. I know a lot of people also use Super Shuttle.

:
Thank I will check those two out and see how much my airfare is- I cant fly out of Arkansas bc the airports here are basically like getting in a sardine can and being shot out of a slingshot.. so I always fly out of DFW or OKC! haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Welcome Tinker!!

There is a big shuttle bus that comes to most of the major airports. It has Disneyland emblazioned on the side, so you cant miss it. I think they pick up every 30 minutes or so. I believe they charge round 30.00 or so round trip. Then there are tons of privately owned ones that you can make arrangements with too.

Anyways, we are always so glad to have newcomers join in the fun. If you have anymore questions, ask away!

:
Thanks!! I have been wanting to come to DLR for a looong time. (I hope no one takes offense to this) but Disney is like a way of living to me (create magic- pay it forward- follow your dreams).. and being able to go to DLR is like going to the Holy Land! And you guys would all have to bring tissues for me bc I would just be crying my eyes out the whole trip! haha! But in a good way!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:09 PM   #622
fairykin

Tink.. Hi.. it's nice to meet you

WendyLouWho.. smile because you are cared for by oh so many people
Old 08-25-2009, 06:09 PM   #623
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

So I was just filmed for a CBP recruiting video! Crazy!

Sarah

Old 08-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #624
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_ View Post
Thanks!! I have been wanting to come to DLR for a looong time. (I hope no one takes offense to this) but Disney is like a way of living to me (create magic- pay it forward- follow your dreams).. and being able to go to DLR is like going to the Holy Land! And you guys would all have to bring tissues for me bc I would just be crying my eyes out the whole trip! haha! But in a good way!
Tinker: Many of us are the same way, so you'll fit right in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Hi everyone. Hugs to you all!

I've been busy with school lately, so I haven't been on here much the past few days, but I think I'm going to get another 4.0 in my class.
Anyway, my family and I leave for Disneyland on August 31st, so only a handful of days left before we leave. I wish I could stay for my birthday, but it's on labor day this year, and our kids start school the very next day, so it just wasn't going to work out. Oh well. My hubby thought I should wear a birthday button at Disneyland anyway, but I would feel weird doing that when it's not my actual birthday, like I was doing something wrong.
Yay for 4.0's! And YES YOU HAVE TO WEAR YOUR BIRTHDAY BUTTON. That is an ORDER. In fact, I have had CMs tell me to wear one if you're "celebrating" your birthday even though it's not THE day. So wear it with pride.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #625
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Does anyone know if ariels has soup on it's lunch menu? If it does then we will go. {crossing my fingers and toes}
Dawn, the only "soup" at Ariel's is the cioppino - which looks really awesome

Quote:
Cassi, I cry every time I go to DL - because I'm happy, not because I'm sad. I just love it

Wendell - hugs to you

Happy Tuesday everyone
Old 08-25-2009, 06:49 PM   #626
cccdisney
DIS Diva

Afternoon ladies! Hope everyone is doing well.
I am really missing DLR right now! My DH and oldest DS took a short trip down there in late July. Then my sister took my DD in mid-August. I want a turn! But I will need to wait until November. We are going as a family the week before Thanksgiving. We went during this week last year and it was great!
AND we are in the beginning stages of planning a trip to WDW!!!
This would be for November 2010! Still - as some of you know - it takes alot more planning to do a trip to WDW!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:56 PM   #627
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Drive by HI!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #628
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Tinker: Many of us are the same way, so you'll fit right in!

Yay for 4.0's! And YES YOU HAVE TO WEAR YOUR BIRTHDAY BUTTON. That is an ORDER. In fact, I have had CMs tell me to wear one if you're "celebrating" your birthday even though it's not THE day. So wear it with pride.
..sigh...Main St for the first time? Or Wishes? Or the EWP? Gee, I feel teary just thinking about it!

As for the birthday button - Oh yes, do get one! I had a CM convince me to wear one even though my birthday was 2 weeks past...it was still a birthday trip. Didn't think I would like it , but it was fun!! Get that birthday button!!!

See everyone in the morning! Rest well - especially those who are not feeling well. Kelly extra for you.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #629
KerTggr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
I have been in such a funk lately, I just don't know what to do with myself anymore. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with myself so I'll just have to deal with it.
Wendy - Funks are no fun. Especially when it's summertime.

Kelly - I'm sorry to hear you aren't back closer to 100%. Hopefully your recovery will pick up and you will wake up one morning (in the NEAR future) feeling significantly better.

Cristabel - that is so exciting about your AP!! Will have to take & post pics of your daily trips there so we can all live vicariously through you

Quote:
No one in this group will be offended by that. You are more likely to have some of us happy-crying right beside you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccdisney View Post
AND we are in the beginning stages of planning a trip to WDW!!! This would be for November 2010! Still - as some of you know - it takes alot more planning to do a trip to WDW!
That is so exciting!!! I love planning for WDW trips >1 year out.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #630
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Hey ladies, I need some hugs, pixie dust and just some moral support.

I've mentioned before that my parents have been having some financial troubles lately mainly because both of their incomes got cut at their jobs. Well last year we moved from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment. The mortgage was getting too much (this was before my parent's pay cut) and the house was too big (always has been, we've been there since I was 2) for just the 3 of us. Since we were downgrading, my parents rented a storage unit. Well, my Mom goes to the storage to pay her bill and what does the lady tell her? "Sorry, we auctioned off all your stuff last week." Did we get a phone call? A letter that our payment was late? Anything? NOPE. A brand new HE washer and dryer. Gone. My grandparent's couches. Gone. My parent's dressers. Gone.

My Mom is in tears trying to find papers, bill statements, anything that shows her the last time she paid them. She remember she went in June to pay and the lady told her she can just pay half and that would be fine. The lady told my Mom today she sent us certified letters/bills. Did she have any copies of them? Nope. My Mom went to the post office and they don't have any letters/bills for us.

It's just material stuff. It can be fixed. I'll buy my parents all the washers and dryers in the world. I guess we're lucky all our personal stuff is here in the garage (my pageant dresses, all my grandmother's stuff, old pictures, etc.) and wasn't in that storage unit.

I'm just so MAD that the lady (or anyone working there) didn't make more of an effort to get a hold of us. Like washers and dryers and couches come from trees.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: