Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #3781
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

I don't even know what to say. I haven't been on the boards much this weekend and was so afraid of what might happen. Even though she had been sick for awhile, it just seems like it happened so fast! We are definitely going to miss you, Dawn!!!

Cheryl, I know this is so hard for you, and for her mom, dad, and Bob. I couldn't even imagine!! Like I said, a parent should NOT have to bury a child, it's just not right!!
Old 11-22-2009, 09:19 PM   #3782
BC Disney Lover
Diva Prankster

I'm so sorry for all of you, you've lost a wonderful friend.

I feel so badly for her entire family, I can't imagine my kids losing their grandma. I just told my daughter that my Disney friend has passed away and she remembered the cute gift bag she got from Dawn in October.

I'm in for any kind of remembrance you decide on for February.

Angie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #3783
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Just found out through updates on FB. I just still can't accept it.

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
Old 11-22-2009, 09:24 PM   #3784
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Thanks ladies. Really--I'm fine. The one I'm really worried about is Sally.

I don't think all of you know this--but Dawn has a scare earlier this year with a potential of breast cancer--which turned out not to be--but Sally was very upset and PM'd me that she didn't know what she would do if she lost her Dawn. And now she has.

I also keep thinking about Dawn's little grandchildren--she was such a big part of their lives and how sad that they are going to miss having their Grandma to do so many fun things with. During the last trip Dawn and I had bought a lot of 100 pins off the Internet--we sat in the concierge lounge one afternoon and divided them up between Dawn, Sally and me. Wendy was there too and got some. Most of Dawn's pins, however, were for her grandkids. She was picking out which ones she wanted with the thought of which ones they would like.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #3785
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

To all of you.

Maybe we should all put something in our siggies for her too?
Old 11-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #3786
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Bree & I just got home from Sea World. We just cannot believe it.
MY DL Diva trips will never be the same without her.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 11-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #3787
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

We'll miss you Dawn. My heart is with her mom, husband and grandkids especially right now. It just doesn't seem possible. I am up for whatever we decide for a rememberance.

Hugs to all of you amazing women. I am so blessed to know all of you and have you in my life. I want you all to know how much you mean to me.

Sarah

Old 11-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #3788
4fosterkids
DIS Veteran

oh my gosh....I just got home and logged into FB and here........My mouth hit the floor when I read the first page of FB posts! I am so shocked and sad to read this news. It is just so sad....I don't know what to even say.
Hugs to you all, as well as her family. I can't even imagine what they are going thru. I feel so lucky to have met Dawn a few times. She touched many lives and will always be a very special person in all our hearts.
DCL Fantasy 6/12* Dis Diva's DL trip 2/12*WDW 570 Girls trip 1/12 * Aulani trip 8/29/11 * WDW 3/2011*Dis Diva DL 3/2011*DCL Cruise to nowhere 1/2011*Zeta Beach trip WDW AKL 7/2010, Dis Diva's girls trip to DLR 2/25-3/1*Disney Magic Panama Canal 8/08 TOAL *Island GirlsWDW trip 10/07*Paradise Pier Concierge 08/07*Girls trip to WDW 2/07*Parker's Wish Trip on Wonder 12/3/06 *Girls WDW Trip 9/29/06* WDW Poly & WL Holidays 12/05*DL Hotel 9/05 * Disney Magic West Coast 7/2/05*WDW Pop/Polynesion 3/04 * WDW AK/ GF 3/03*DL Grand Californian 9/02 * WDW Beach Club 3/02*WDW Beach Club 4/00 * DL Disneyland Hotel 9/00
Old 11-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #3789
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Yeah Beth I thought about the people that are new but I thought maybe we could do something in a way that would let them see how special she was. I don't know I just feel like she deserves something really special because she made everything so special herself. I am sure everyone will come together and think of something great!

And Cheryl I feel the exact same way. That was what I was saying in my other post that it seemed like Dawn really took care of her mom and I am REALLY worried about how this is going to affect Sally. In fact Mel I was going to tell you I would like you to send my gift on to Sally. I sent a tea cup with the footprints poem on it as well as a plaque with the poem and I think right now it would be nice to pass that on to her. I would like to see it go to her since obviously it won't be going to our precious Dawn now. I don't know if you think it is still appropriate to send the card I was going to send her or not. I don't know if that would be too painful to read get well cards or not. If you think not you can just toss it.

I def want to send a condolence card though and I will prob need her address again for those that have it and as I said if we decide to go together and get a floral arrangement for her service or whatever I def want to be in on that.

I just wish we all lived closer so we could get together and greive together and remember her!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 11-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #3790
cheshiregirl

Prayers do work
Maseca!

We just got home from a birthday party for one of Ty's classmates and I am catching up on what happened today. I wish I could say that it was unexpected, but like Cheryl I had a feeling that Dawn was never going to be with us all again. I just hope that she has found Walt on the other side and is talking his ear off about how he was able to bring us all together through his vision for creating family magic. We may not be related by blood, but I have lost one of my Diva sisters today and our group will never quite be the same
Old 11-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #3791
LulubellesDD
~*~Former DL CM who still loves the magic~*~

I am so heart broken

I just can't believe that Dawn is gone. It breaks my heart to think I won't see her in December with my mom and Cheryl or in February with the rest of the Divas. She was such a remarkable person and I really bonded with her over the past few years, I am just so sad. My thoughts are with her family and friends during this time. I am sincerely heart broken to lose such an amazing woman. I will always cherish the memories I have of her and the creativity she possessed that touched the lives of so many of us.

Brianne
Lulubelles DD

Love and Light
Old 11-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #3792
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
We just got home from a birthday party for one of Ty's classmates and I am catching up on what happened today. I wish I could say that it was unexpected, but like Cheryl I had a feeling that Dawn was never going to be with us all again. I just hope that she has found Walt on the other side and is talking his ear off about how he was able to bring us all together through his vision for creating family magic. We may not be related by blood, but I have lost one of my Diva sisters today and our group will never quite be the same

I like this. It helps to think of her with Walt. Thank you for this image.

Sarah

Old 11-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #3793
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

I was blessed to know her, if only a little.

I am so saddened that we lost our Dawn, how amazingly tragic and unfair and just wrong...so young and so full of love and spice.
I, too, hoped that against all evidence, that Dawn was going to make it.

I feel so much for her family. If Dawn touched us so much, how will her family go on without her power and Dawn-ness?

I think we should wear an armband, and wear BRIGHT RED lipstick at the PFF and bring her with us in all of our hearts.

We all so loved her, I feel so selfishly empty, but should remember how lucky I am to have gotten even a little bit of her to keep in my memory.

So overwhelmingly awful, I feel my words are insufficient, pitifully.

Be in peace, Dawn. I loved you and feel just knowing you enriched my life and encouraged me to be a better person.

AmySue
Old 11-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #3794
4fosterkids
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad we have the disboards and facebook, and can in some weird virtual way, laugh, cry and help each other thru this! I can just hear Dawn now, being upset that we are all so upset and making a fuss over her All I can say is she deserves a big fuss!
If its not rude to ask....how old was Dawn? and what was the timeline for this awful illness?
DCL Fantasy 6/12* Dis Diva's DL trip 2/12*WDW 570 Girls trip 1/12 * Aulani trip 8/29/11 * WDW 3/2011*Dis Diva DL 3/2011*DCL Cruise to nowhere 1/2011*Zeta Beach trip WDW AKL 7/2010, Dis Diva's girls trip to DLR 2/25-3/1*Disney Magic Panama Canal 8/08 TOAL *Island GirlsWDW trip 10/07*Paradise Pier Concierge 08/07*Girls trip to WDW 2/07*Parker's Wish Trip on Wonder 12/3/06 *Girls WDW Trip 9/29/06* WDW Poly & WL Holidays 12/05*DL Hotel 9/05 * Disney Magic West Coast 7/2/05*WDW Pop/Polynesion 3/04 * WDW AK/ GF 3/03*DL Grand Californian 9/02 * WDW Beach Club 3/02*WDW Beach Club 4/00 * DL Disneyland Hotel 9/00
Old 11-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #3795
cccdisney
DIS Diva

Just saw on FB the news about Dawn. My contined prayers for her family. I don't have much battery left on my iPhone but wanted to post. Kind of strange getting this news while at Disneyland.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: