Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 01:24 AM   #3736
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Cristabel - cute pup!!! And I love how she lets you dress her up. I expect to see frequent updates on FB.

Michelle - Condolences on the bar, but I like your attitude that you will be better prepared for the next exam. My cousin had to take the CPA exam more than once, and he's very successful in El Paso, so I'm sure you'll do well on your next one.

Bree - What a thoughtful gift. I bet that Dawn will really be uplifted when she gets this gift and be wrapped in all the diva love. You so totally rock!!

Cheryl - thank you again for updating us. Dawn is constantly on my mind, and my kids also have her in their thoughts.

All of you:
Old 11-22-2009, 02:00 AM   #3737
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo View Post
You so totally rock!!
No no no

You so totally rock . . . . DUDE!!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2009, 02:13 AM   #3738
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Ahem

Bree - What a thoughtful gift. I bet that Dawn will really be uplifted when she gets this gift and be wrapped in all the diva love. You so totally rock!! DUUUUUDE.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:26 AM   #3739
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Cristabel, what a CUTIE!!! She's going to be a wonderful addition to your family! I agree with Beth, you should get her a pink doggie snuggie. I want to get one for my dog!

Bree, that is an awesome blanket! Dawn will love it. MJ is right, you do so totally rock.... Dude!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. to you all!
Old 11-22-2009, 03:33 AM   #3740
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulubellesDD View Post
My mom told me about Dawn and it makes me so sad. My thoughts are with her and her family! My mom wanted to send her a little something and she put me in charge of finding the perfect thing. I went onto SnapFish and created a fleece blanket with a collage of pictures from the Dis Diva trips. Hopefully it will brighten her day a little. Mel, it will be shipped to your address.This is what it looks like:

I wish everyone is having as spectacular a day as possible. I know I am glad to be home spending time with my mom and dad.
:
Bree, girl,you are sooo talented! That is a perfect gift for her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
She needs a pink dog snuggie!

What a nice idea. She'll love that. You two will have a blast, and you definitely deserve a do over after last time.
Cheryl, it's a wonderful idea and Beth is right, you deserve a really good visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post

We're not entirely sure what kind of terrier she is but we looked online and a number of dog sites say a small breed dog stops growing skeletaly around 8 months with adult muscle by 10 months. She's already between 4-5 months so not too much bigger. Her paws are pretty tiny.

Thank you Kelly, she's a sweetheart.
If you can talk to the people who gave her away, you can get some info out of them. BTW, you did the right thing. Putting clothes on dogs actually makes them feel less anxious. Really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

Neutral is good. We'll take it! And write those things down. Just think of the massive "catch up" fest you'll have when she's back to her old self. A few glasses of wine, a comfy chair, and talking for hours on the phone.

My mom almost named me Priscilla.
You are so not a Priscilla.
Yes, I'm liking that image of a Cheryl/Dawn gabfest, Beth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
well, personally, I prefer Italian operas. Much livelier and not as dark and ponderous. and usually better costumes! I am no expert by any means however~!
Me too, Cheryl. Have you ever seen a Handel opera? This was my first. It had some beautiful music, some wonderful talent, and some fun ancient instruments (I have to look them up but two kinds of lutes I think). But mostly, it was picked because Placido Domingo wanted to play the showy role of the father.

And actually, the most lively opera composer was not Italian. Anyone wanna guess who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Congrats to your family Cristabel! How cute is she?!?!

We are L-O-V-I-N' our new kitty, Spikey. He is so full of love and is such a mischeif-maker. He is into everything!

Did some Christmas shopping today. Feel like I am beating the crowds, although the stores were pretty hopping with business. That's a good thing.

Bree & I are going to Sea World tomorrow (we have annual passes). DH is staying home to rest.
Spikey sounds adorable... Have a great time at Sea World tomorrow!

Dude.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
Old 11-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #3741
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Good morning and Happy Sunday! Hope everyone had a good Saturday!

The girls had a good day. As I said they won their soccer game and then last night they went to a friend's birthday party at John's Incredible Pizza. For those that don't know it is kind of like a Chuck E Cheese on steroids LOL. They supposedly have a roller coaster and some other carnival type rides. The girls couldn't stop talking about it!

Anyway today we are off to church where I am going to put in another prayer request for Dawn and then we have to drop Lynn off at work and then do our grocery shopping. Then Shane is going over to do a side job and the girls and I are just going to be home and relax. It looks like rain so I like to be home on days like this! We got DRENCHED on Friday! Tomorrow I have my dentist apt and I have to go in to work and then Tues I have a doc apt and then Wed HOPEFULLY we are going to go and try and see New Moon. So that is my week in a nutshell. LOTS going on!

Hope everyone has some fun plans for next week!

Continued prayers to Dawn and family and Cristabel have fun with Almond!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 11-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #3742
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Hi ladies--I wish I had a better update--I just got an email from Sally and Dawn had a very bad night. The fever is back and they had to stop taking her off machines/medicine, which means they can't take the tests they need to take.

Bob and Dawn's father were just leaving to go to the hospital. Sally was up all night (I know I was emailing with her at 3 a.m.). Bob was apparently at the hospital till the wee hours.

I will of course update you all the minute I hear any news. Continue the good thoughts and prayers.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:26 AM   #3743
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Continuing to pray for Dawn, her family & friends.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 11-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #3744
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Quote:
Hi ladies--I wish I had a better update--I just got an email from Sally and Dawn had a very bad night. The fever is back and they had to stop taking her off machines/medicine, which means they can't take the tests they need to take.

Bob and Dawn's father were just leaving to go to the hospital. Sally was up all night (I know I was emailing with her at 3 a.m.). Bob was apparently at the hospital till the wee hours.

I will of course update you all the minute I hear any news. Continue the good thoughts and prayers.
That's not good .

I just wish there was something I could do to make her feel better. I feel so helpless, but I'll continue praying for her & her family.

I let my kids now how ill she was & they were really shocked & saddened. Even though they only met her once, she made a very positive impression on them. They ask me everyday if she is better.

Thanks Cheryl for the updates. I check almost every hour & hope for good news.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #3745
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:

Cheryl, thanks for the update. Continued prayers for Dawn and Bob and Sally in this very difficult time. I really hope that Dawn pulls through this quickly and can shake this infection!

Bree - that blanket is so awesome! A terrific gift.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #3746
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Keeping Dawn and her family in my family's thoughts and prayers.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 11-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #3747
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

I'm praying for Dawn! I'm going to put in a prayer request at church today. She needs all the prayer she can get!
Old 11-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #3748
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:

I'm just geting ready to take off for my BiL's welcome home party. I'm really hoping to come home to some good news tonight.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #3749
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
That's not good .

I just wish there was something I could do to make her feel better. I feel so helpless, but I'll continue praying for her & her family.

I let my kids now how ill she was & they were really shocked & saddened. Even though they only met her once, she made a very positive impression on them. They ask me everyday if she is better.
You said it well, Katie.
Poor Miss Sally.
Thank you Cheryl for being our contact. And you get some rest too.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
Old 11-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #3750
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulubellesDD View Post
My mom told me about Dawn and it makes me so sad. My thoughts are with her and her family! My mom wanted to send her a little something and she put me in charge of finding the perfect thing. I went onto SnapFish and created a fleece blanket with a collage of pictures from the Dis Diva trips. Hopefully it will brighten her day a little. Mel, it will be shipped to your address.This is what it looks like:

I wish everyone is having as spectacular a day as possible. I know I am glad to be home spending time with my mom and dad.

Cheryl, have fun with my mom in Vegas! I want pictures of her reaction of Dick's...
How neat is that! What a great gift!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: