Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 02:13 AM   #3691
BC Disney Lover
Diva Prankster

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm thinking of Dawn ,but also all of you who are friends with her. I haven't been on the boards in a few days and I came on hoping to find some good news. I have to admit that if feels a little odd to be hurting so bad for someone I've only met once, but in one meeting it was easy to see what a kind, sweet, inspirational woman Dawn is.

Hugs to everyone. If I'm feeling this way, I can only imagine how those close to her are feeling.

Angie
Old 11-21-2009, 02:38 AM   #3692
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

I'm still fervently praying for Dawn. She is such a beautiful and loving person. I go to bed with her in my head and on my heart.

I love you Dawn, you're such a warm and welcoming person! We need more people like you in this world!
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2009, 02:41 AM   #3693
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

I just wanted to post something sweet before I go to bed.

God willing everything goes smoothly and she isn't sick or have serious behavioral problems, we may be adding this cutie to our family tomorrow.

Good night.

I hope no one thinks that I don't think Dawn's situation isn't important. This is just my way of keeping myself distracted because if I don't I'll just sit here and my worries will overwhelm me. Dawn, I'm praying right now!

Last edited by disney-inspired; 11-21-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #3694
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post

God willing everything goes smoothly and she isn't sick or have serious behavioral problems, we may be adding this cutie to our family tomorrow.

Good night.

I hope no one thinks that I don't think Dawn's situation isn't important. This is just my way of keeping myself distracted because if I don't I'll just sit here and my worries will overwhelm me. Dawn, I'm praying right now!
Oh Cristabel now THOSE are puppy eyes! So cute! I've been watching and waiting on Facebook for the post that you did get a new furry family member!
Everyone knows how important Dawn's situation is, but like Beth said we still need to think happy thoughts. It would be what she'd want as well.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday! We're taking my football loving boy to the Sac State Football game. He has NEVER been to a football game and the kid LOVES football, thanks to Chris. The kid can tell you what is a good play and what isn't. It's funny to hear him talk football "jive". LOL

Fingers crossed for good news today regarding Dawn. I'll be thinking of her.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:11 AM   #3695
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Good morning and happy saturday all!

Cristabel what a cute puppy! I hope you DO end up getting him/her! I know when I lost my kitten years ago I ended up getting another one right away and sometimes it helps. I know sometimes you can't replace your pets but sometimes it helps to bring another pet into your home to feel that awful void your other loved pet left! He/she looks precious and I hope it all works out!

((hugs)) to cheryl! I know how worried you must be and how hard this must be for you as well. I have only met Dawn twice but I feel like I know her so well through talking on the boards and through pm's. This whole thing just has me sick with worry about her. I can only imagine how overwhelmed her family must be.

This is probably a moot point but I was thinking whether or not she was signed up for the christmas card exchange or not we should all send her one regardless. I think she would like that. Besides all the other stuff I think that would make her feel good to get a card from all the people who were going to do it anyway. Just a thought but I think it would be nice to do eventhough she probably won't be able to participate I know I for one would like to send her a card!

Anyway we went to the harvest festival yesterday and mom and I were able to find Tye dye shirts. They aren't "disney" looking but they are tye dye so at least that's done! We had fun and got lots of fun stuff. I got an ornament that has these adorable little penguins and the lady personalized it for me and wrote mom, dad, Katy and Shelby on each penguin and then Our family name and the year on the bottom. It is REALLY cute! They had little snowmen, Christmas trees with angels and several other designs you could personalize. It was neat! We also got these AWESOME caramel apples that probably weigh about 20 lbs each LOL and probably are about 12 million calories but they are YUM. have tons of choc caramel and lots of other goodies all over them!!

I tell you though I almost feel guilty having a good time knowing our poor Dawn is so sick. I so want to come on here and hear good news!!

Many continued prayers to her and her family and I am going to put in another prayer request at church tomorrow!

Hope everyone else has a good day!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 11-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #3696
Zoemakes5
Support me in my Disney mania
Still likes pennies more than quarters
Had to pop SOMETHING

Hi all...I've been battling DIS for weeks now. Often I can't get it to load. Frequently, even when I can get it to load, I can't reply. That's been why I've been MIA.
I've been able to keep up what was happening with Dawn and I am just so sad! Sending hugs to her family and all my DIS friends here who are sick with worry.
I wanted you all to know, since you have been so supportive that I did find out yesterday that I didn't pass the bar. I know more for taking it next time, though.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #3697
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Is it too late to get in on the Christmas card exchange? Not sure how I missed that.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #3698
cheshiregirl

Prayers do work
Maseca!

Here's a prayer to the universe... Please let today be better than yesterday.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:19 AM   #3699
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
Here's a prayer to the universe... Please let today be better than yesterday.
ITA!

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 11-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #3700
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Good morning girlies. I sure do hope we get some good news about Dawn today.

Cristabel--super-cute puppy!

Michelle-- I'm sorry about the bar. But like you said, now you'll be more prepared for next time.

Janelle--just PM Cristabel with your address to get on the Christmas card list.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #3701
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
for everyone on facebook, Ms. Sally is beside herself with worry. Please send her good thoughts and such.

I can't begin to tell you how hard today was--thank you Mel for posting Bob's email--I couldn't bring myself to do it. I do know that the family met at Ms. Sally's today as Bob is finally out of quarantine.

the guy in the office next door to my office is a part-time psychic healer--when he's not being a plumbing engineer. (I know--sounds wacky-he just told me this a few weeks ago) I actually went next door to his office today to ask him to send healing thoughts to Dawn. I'm ready to try anything.

Ladies, please keep the prayers and thoughts going. I am also doing visualization and visualizing Dawn in her pj's at next year's Meet and Greet!
Cheryl, I will continue to send Miss Sally fb messages. It is shocking how fast this has escalated. Two days ago, I imagined she would be home soon.
Great on the healer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Ladies, I have to be gone this weekend. I hate like heck that I need to be gone, but it can not be helped.

I am going to try and find a computer to catch up, and in the meantime Cheryl is going to keep me informed.

Mel
Melody, you are doing so much, don't worry, just go.

Jen, I can't remember if I responded, but loved the update. Cristabel, that dog is a cutie.

Michelle, I've heard of many people who didn't pass the CA bar the first time, but did later.

To Dawn:
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."

Last edited by CaliforniaDreamer; 11-21-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #3702
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoemakes5 View Post
Hi all...I've been battling DIS for weeks now. Often I can't get it to load. Frequently, even when I can get it to load, I can't reply. That's been why I've been MIA.
I've been able to keep up what was happening with Dawn and I am just so sad! Sending hugs to her family and all my DIS friends here who are sick with worry.
I wanted you all to know, since you have been so supportive that I did find out yesterday that I didn't pass the bar. I know more for taking it next time, though.
So sorry to hear about the bar. You'll get it next time!

I'm just so anxious for news about Dawn.

Sarah

Old 11-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #3703
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:

Good night.

She is a sweetie. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoemakes5 View Post
Sorry to hear that Michelle. Glad you are already looking forward to next time.

Love and Light to Dawn!

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 11-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #3704
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Hi girls--I posted the full update in the Disneyland Community Board from Bob--the news is what I would call "neutral"--no crashes in the nighttime, but still concern that there might have been brain damage. They are weaning her off some of the systems/medications that she is on so they can take her for a brain scan. And I agree with everyone--Dawn would not want us to all be sad and not be happy with happy things in our lives, so with that--Kelly great idea on the Christmas card thing!

Quote:

What a face! Have you thought of names? She would be such a lucky doggie to get to be with your family.

And I am keeping myself distracted as much as possible too--so no worries!

Thanks to to everyone who has PMd me--Dawn became such an important part of my life over the last year and I am feeling lost--many times I would call her just to chat on my way to work. It was like having morning coffee with a friend. I keep thinking of things I want to share with her and it's hard because I can't.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #3705
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

And to Michelle--I know many many people who have not passed the bar on the first (or second, third, fourth .. . . ) try and have gone on to do so and have successful careers. I know it's hard to have a family and study when you're the Mom but your family is going to have to do without you and allow you the time and space to study the way you need to for the California bar. It was difficult 25+ years ago when I took it and from what I understand it's worse now.

Best wishes the next time around--

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: