Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #3676
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post

Courtney I saw you took over updating the December thread for Dawn....that was really nice of you.
Thank you, I thought of her and I know she was doing an awesome job on keeping that thread out. I thought I'd keep it up while she was gone, so when she comes back it wasn't a big mess!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
I think that's a great idea, Janelle, and I'm going to light a candle for Dawn right now. I am really not one to pray, but this whole situation has really got me thinking.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:20 PM   #3677
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

for everyone on facebook, Ms. Sally is beside herself with worry. Please send her good thoughts and such.

I can't begin to tell you how hard today was--thank you Mel for posting Bob's email--I couldn't bring myself to do it. I do know that the family met at Ms. Sally's today as Bob is finally out of quarantine.

I can't believe that a few short months ago I had never met Dawn "in person." She has made such an impact on me I cannot tell you all in words. She is truly one of my best friends, along with Brandy, Linda and a few others.

Brandy and I were talking today about the effect it had on us, and we cannot imagine what Bob, Sally and the rest of her family must be going through. We laughed today about Dawn calling Bob "her boyfriend" and how it confused a lot of people who didn't realize "her boyfriend" was really Bob her husband. they were here for my Fourth of July bbq and both fit like in as if they had been friends/family forever.

the guy in the office next door to my office is a part-time psychic healer--when he's not being a plumbing engineer. (I know--sounds wacky-he just told me this a few weeks ago) I actually went next door to his office today to ask him to send healing thoughts to Dawn. I'm ready to try anything.

Ladies, please keep the prayers and thoughts going. I am also doing visualization and visualizing Dawn in her pj's at next year's Meet and Greet!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #3678
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Thanks for the update.

I am just at a loss for words. I can't even imagine what her family is going through.
My thoughts and prayers are with Dawns family.

Its just not the same without my texts from her.
We were just talking about how sick with the flu we both were.

I got her the cutest Monkey butler get well card today.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #3679
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Cheryl, I've been thinking about you a lot too. Dawn just loves you and considers you one of her besties too. She's talked so sweetly of you.

My Mom taught me about visualizing, I've been doing the same thing. Just picturing her and Miss Sally with us next year. She really wants to meet my Mom, I keep picturing that.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #3680
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

I'm sitting her in tears, and worried about Dawn. I am praying together with all of you, and will light a candle for her, too.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:01 PM   #3681
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

I just don't know what to do with myself. I keep checking back here to see if there's any news.
Cheryl, I keep thinking about you, too. Hang in there.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #3682
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Ladies, I have to be gone this weekend. I hate like heck that I need to be gone, but it can not be helped.

I am going to try and find a computer to catch up, and in the meantime Cheryl is going to keep me informed.

Mel
Old 11-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #3683
4fosterkids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Not good news I'm afraid.

Dawn had a seizure last night and pulled out her oxygen tube. They are watching her to determine if there has been brain damage because they aren't sure how long she went without oxygen. I'll let you know more as soon as I hear anything.
this makes me sooo sad to read, as well as the update I read the disboards earlier today, but when I was reading my facebook and saw many of your personal lines...I knew there must be more news since this morning, so I jumped over here! As some of you know...my 3rd son, Parker has epilepsy and has had 1,000's of seizures during his lifetime so far. I hope and pray that they can get her stabilized, so she can fight. For now, we can help her fight with the might of prayer, and any other types of powerful and positive thoughts!

Hugs to you all, as well as Dawn's family, during these difficult times of waiting!
DCL Fantasy 6/12* Dis Diva's DL trip 2/12*WDW 570 Girls trip 1/12 * Aulani trip 8/29/11 * WDW 3/2011*Dis Diva DL 3/2011*DCL Cruise to nowhere 1/2011*Zeta Beach trip WDW AKL 7/2010, Dis Diva's girls trip to DLR 2/25-3/1*Disney Magic Panama Canal 8/08 TOAL *Island GirlsWDW trip 10/07*Paradise Pier Concierge 08/07*Girls trip to WDW 2/07*Parker's Wish Trip on Wonder 12/3/06 *Girls WDW Trip 9/29/06* WDW Poly & WL Holidays 12/05*DL Hotel 9/05 * Disney Magic West Coast 7/2/05*WDW Pop/Polynesion 3/04 * WDW AK/ GF 3/03*DL Grand Californian 9/02 * WDW Beach Club 3/02*WDW Beach Club 4/00 * DL Disneyland Hotel 9/00
Old 11-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #3684
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Ladies, I have to be gone this weekend. I hate like heck that I need to be gone, but it can not be helped.

I am going to try and find a computer to catch up, and in the meantime Cheryl is going to keep me informed.

Mel
Take care, Mel. We all apreciate everything you are doing. I will get a package for Dawn out to you tomorrow.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #3685
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Ladies: I will be updating both this thread and the one on the community board whenever I hear additional news about Dawn.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:24 PM   #3686
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Thank you, Cheryl.

Praying for Dawn

Old 11-20-2009, 11:07 PM   #3687
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Sitting here reading all these messages about Dawn is just amazing. Thoughts for her are stretching across from West to East coast. She is going to be one grateful lady when she comes through this. Grateful and lucky to have such a support system. You ladies are really amazing.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:10 PM   #3688
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

I can't tell you how deeply this has affected me.....I've never met Dawn & haven't really had conversations with her....but reading her comments in the Diva thread has enlightened me on how wonderful she must be. Reading the forwarded letter from her husband was gut-wrenching & heartbreaking. I cry every time I think about what she & the family are going thru. I will continue to pray for her strength to come back & fight this. My candle is lit as well.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 11-21-2009, 12:23 AM   #3689
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Just got back from seeing New Moon...really loved the movie but I couldn't help but think of Dawn several times during the movie.

Dawn - Thinking of you tonight even though there was a HOT 17 year old warewolve on the big screen! Sending postitive, healing thoughts your way!! And hugs to Miss Sally and your Bob and keeping you all in my thoughts. I held my Bob's hand a little tighter tonight thinking of you and your Bob.

Cheryl - Please know that you have a lot of Diva friends who are sending thoughts your way too. There is nothing worse then feeling so helpless with a dear friend is in such need. Hugs to you!

Old 11-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #3690
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
for everyone on facebook, Ms. Sally is beside herself with worry. Please send her good thoughts and such.

I can't begin to tell you how hard today was--thank you Mel for posting Bob's email--I couldn't bring myself to do it. I do know that the family met at Ms. Sally's today as Bob is finally out of quarantine.

I can't believe that a few short months ago I had never met Dawn "in person." She has made such an impact on me I cannot tell you all in words. She is truly one of my best friends, along with Brandy, Linda and a few others.

Brandy and I were talking today about the effect it had on us, and we cannot imagine what Bob, Sally and the rest of her family must be going through. We laughed today about Dawn calling Bob "her boyfriend" and how it confused a lot of people who didn't realize "her boyfriend" was really Bob her husband. they were here for my Fourth of July bbq and both fit like in as if they had been friends/family forever.

the guy in the office next door to my office is a part-time psychic healer--when he's not being a plumbing engineer. (I know--sounds wacky-he just told me this a few weeks ago) I actually went next door to his office today to ask him to send healing thoughts to Dawn. I'm ready to try anything.

Ladies, please keep the prayers and thoughts going. I am also doing visualization and visualizing Dawn in her pj's at next year's Meet and Greet!
I don't know how to talk to Miss Sally on Facebook. Can you tell me?

I am praying for Dawn and just shocked that she is still having to fight so hard. I will also visualize her at the meet and greet, but I am going with jammies and her sparkly minnie ears.
Thank you Cheryl for posting. I know it is hard.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: