Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #3661
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Hi ladies.

Just received an email from Bob.

I don't know how to link an email, so I have to write it out. I'm sure you will see some mistakes, as I am quite upset.

Hi folks,
I know no other way to say this, but to be blunt. Dawn crashed last night, and did not receive oxygen for a period of time.I thought we had lost her. The crash team responded marvelously, but the extent of the damage if any to her brain is not known. Today she had another episode where her body tried to shut down. They bought her back, but again with the drop in oxygen and blood pressure, more damage man have been done. The neurology team has been brought in and will start assessing. There is swelling on the brain, but she does have brainwaves. Her brain may be perfectly fine,or it could be severely damaged. Everything around her seems to work in 48 hour increments. They tell me we will know for sure by Sunday. In the interim, the hospital has asked me the questions I have been dreading. Please continue your thoughts and prayers for Dawn, but also for everyone who loves her. Hopefully when the tests come back her brain will be fine, and they can continue to fight the H1N1. On that note, the cultures finally confirmed that she has virulent strain of the virus, but we already knew that. I am off quarantine, but she is not obviously.

Thank you all again,

Bob
Poor sweet Dawn - This is so upsetting

Old 11-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #3662
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Hi ladies.

I don't know how to link an email, so I have to write it out. I'm sure you will see some mistakes, as I am quite upset.

Hi folks,
I know no other way to say this, but to be blunt. Dawn crashed last night, and did not receive oxygen for a period of time.I thought we had lost her. The crash team responded marvelously, but the extent of the damage if any to her brain is not known. Today she had another episode where her body tried to shut down. They bought her back, but again with the drop in oxygen and blood pressure, more damage man have been done. The neurology team has been brought in and will start assessing. There is swelling on the brain, but she does have brainwaves. Her brain may be perfectly fine,or it could be severely damaged. Everything around her seems to work in 48 hour increments. They tell me we will know for sure by Sunday. In the interim, the hospital has asked me the questions I have been dreading. Please continue your thoughts and prayers for Dawn, but also for everyone who loves her. Hopefully when the tests come back her brain will be fine, and they can continue to fight the H1N1. On that note, the cultures finally confirmed that she has virulent strain of the virus, but we already knew that. I am off quarantine, but she is not obviously.

Thank you all again,

Bob
This is just unbelievable. I just cannot believe that she will be anything other than ok. My prayers and thoughts will continue to go out to her and to her family who must be scared beyond anything I can imagine. And to everyone else, hug your loved ones. Hold them close. This is just an eye opener that life is precious, but can change without warning and we really cannot take a second for granted.
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #3663
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

I'm very worried about Dawn. I hate that all anyone can do is wait!
Old 11-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #3664
wendypooh22
Sometimes I'm a little Grumpy
He kept asking me to ride "The tiny world" ride

Quote:
Hi ladies.

Hi folks,

Thank you all again,

Bob
Hi.. I haven't been on the boards much lately - just popping in and out..

Although I have never met Dawn, I am deeply saddned by this news. My heart goes out to her family and I will keep them in my prayers.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #3665
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

I am sad to hear the update but I am also holding onto his words that her brain might be fine. I am sending positive thoughts your way Dawn and much love. I am going to get my mil to add her to the convents prayer group.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
Old 11-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #3666
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Mel, thanks for the update. Continued prayers for Dawn and Bob. I just cannot even imagine how he is dealing with this right now.....
Old 11-20-2009, 06:20 PM   #3667
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Just got home from HomeConnections and saw this news.

More prayers being said for our Dawn. I wish there was more we could do.

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
Old 11-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #3668
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Just got home from HomeConnections and saw this news.

More prayers being said for our Dawn. I wish there was more we could do.
I know it may sound silly but I lit a candle I have for her tonight. It's called a candle of hope. It had a really nice poem that came with it, wish I still had it.
Anyway, just kinda felt like in my own way I was showing support. Anyone else care to light one for Dawn as well?
Old 11-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #3669
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
I know it may sound silly but I lit a candle I have for her tonight. It's called a candle of hope. It had a really nice poem that came with it, wish I still had it.
Anyway, just kinda felt like in my own way I was showing support. Anyone else care to light one for Dawn as well?
Wonderful idea, Janelle.. I'm going to do it right now and say a prayer.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #3670
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Janelle, that's a great idea. I'm going to light a candle for her now too.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #3671
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

I am so so sad. I pray that Dawn will find the strength to continue fighting this.

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
Old 11-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #3672
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizbuzz View Post
DAWN: Sending you lots and lots of good healthy wishes from Disneyland Paris!!! I am just miserable about what you are going through and can not believe this is happening to you. Please get much better REAL soon. Disneyland Paris is a beautiful place and I just cant wait for you to come visit Spring 2011! Much pixie dust your way!!!

And hello from DLP to everyone else! Internet connectivity is very expensive here so I have not been able to use my iPhone. Today was our second day in the park. It is beautifully decorated for Christmas and crowds are low. Basically a walk on for everything except for a visit with Santa which was over an hour wait, but you gotta do it!

High points: Space Mountain which goes upside down and is just beautiful. Pirates which has all the familiar elements but put together in a different order. The Phanton Manor which has a great story line with the bride and is a little creepier. Thunder Mountain which is on its own little island and is long and fun. The castle which has a dragon in the caverns underneath. And Fantasyland which just shouldbe better in Europe. The second park Disney Studios did not impress with few rides which all seemed to be closed. And Disney Village is not as nice as Downtown Disney. I did convince DH to get the annual passes which are actually less expensive than three day park tickets.

I have some iPhone photos which I can share with more details once we get back to Switzerland

Tomorrow we drive into Paris to see SacreCour and Eiffle Tour. And to get some good food!

More later...
Jen
I am so jealous of you Jen. You guys are living a wonderful adventure in Europe. Granted you cant do laundry on sunday, but its a give and take world. Can't wait to see the pcis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Not good news I'm afraid.

Dawn had a seizure last night and pulled out her oxygen tube. They are watching her to determine if there has been brain damage because they aren't sure how long she went without oxygen. I'll let you know more as soon as I hear anything.
Thanks for the update.

Quote:
Hi ladies.

Hi folks,

Thank you all again,

Bob
How sad is all of this. I just can't get my head around whats going on. Hard to believe that a month ago we were all having such a fun time at the TOT party and Sally's birthday. Continued prayers.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 11-20-2009, 07:23 PM   #3673
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Wonderful idea, Janelle.. I'm going to do it right now and say a prayer.

Courtney I saw you took over updating the December thread for Dawn....that was really nice of you.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #3674
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
I think that's a great idea, Janelle, and I'm going to light a candle for Dawn right now. I am really not one to pray, but this whole situation has really got me thinking.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #3675
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Mel when I read your post it took my breath away! This scares me to death and I am so scared for her. I am afraid to come on here every day for what I might read. I am praying and praying and hoping for the best but am so afraid of something bad happening. Dear Lord PLEASE keep our Dawn safe. And Dawn please be strong and keep fighting!!!

Continued thoughts and prayers!!!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: