Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #301
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

KELLY, that is so great that you took the girls on this wonderful, educational trip. All kids should be so lucky. I'm sorry about all the challenges on your body though. BTW, SW - if you fly them again, the secret is to get on a computer as soon as you are able - I think 24 hours ahead, and confirm. You'll get in the A boarding group that way and now they have the number assignment as well (at least on the flights I've been on). I know this time it wouldn't have helped you since your connection was late.

Thanks Donna. We DID have a fun time even though it was tough with me feeling so crappy but I am still glad I went because it is such a GREAT place and we DO want to go back someday! And I know all about the SW thing. I was up bright and early the day before we left, called on the dot and STILL we got at the very END of the A group. I don't get that whole thing. I know they reserve the first "few" seats for business class but I tried a minute BEFORE our time and it said it was too early then I tried a minute later and got A 52!!

Then on our return we were at the Zoo and stopped what we were doing to do it over our phone and we STILL got in the B group! It was nuts! Luckily at least from Baltimore to Phoenix we got to sit together even with the B group but I just don't get how you can check in RIGHT at that 24 hour mark and STILL get so far back. I don't even want to KNOW what we would have gotten if we had waited till we got to the airport on Thurs. Luckily we had the cell with the internet. But then after ALL that we had A group for Phoenix but like you said it didn't matter because the plane was late and by the time we got there we got whatever was left! It really sucked too cuz it was not OUR fault and yet we get stuck sitting apart. We got to the airport 4 hours before our flight was supposed to leave and had checked in 24 hours in advance and then when I found out the flight would be late I asked if they could put us on the next flight and they said NO! I was like well what if it doesn't wait!! He said it would and it DID but that was what we got stuck with which in my opinion is not fair to us since it wasn't OUR fault but whatever.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 08-15-2009, 03:35 PM   #302
kelmac284

I went back and noticed you asked about our hotel, sorry LOL. We stayed at the Hyatt in D.C. which was ok but the room was pretty small. The location was good though and I would probably stay there again for the location alone.

But we stayed at the Embassy Suites in NY and it was AWESOME. I have ALWAYS had great stays with them everywhere I have stayed. GREAT big rooms and the free breakfast is worth it right there. Plus the location and view were awesome!

And by the way your trip sounded awesome as well!! I have been to Vancouver and Victoria but never to the East Coast of Canada and have always wanted to go. I have seen the movie at Epcot and it looks marvelous! Glad you had fun and hope you are feeling better as well!

Capri I am so sorry about everything you are going through!! I hope you are feeling better and that thing with your brother is nuts. Your SIL must be Bipolar 1. That is what Lynn's mom is. And she can be a REAL pain. Of course she won't admit it and she causes TONS of problems because of it. She got in contact with Lynn finally as well through Facebook. Tried to plant all this crap in her head (guilt trips and lies) and is up to her same old crap. Tried to tell her that because she is paying child support that she deserves to see her EVEN though she is NOT paying. We have a judgment but she made ONE lousy weekly payment and then quit paying. She is now in arrears over 3000 just since April! We know where she is now at least. Not an address but a town! And the ironic thing is she acts like we have tried to keep Lynn away but has she called even ONCE to try and arrange to see her? UH that would be a NO!!! And even if she did she knows she can't because of the abuse! NUTS!!!!

Anyway Tina I just read about your crazy costco nightmare. That is nuts! Sorry that happened. I would be a little more than upset about that one! Sounds like you took it well though!

And Janelle I am excited for you seeing your sis! I know EXACTLY what restaurant that is! Olive Garden right?

Have a blast!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #303
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Thanks everyone for listening to my troubles.

Yep, my poor brother goes through crap like this all the time it seems, but the problem is that it also affects all of us as well. My poor parents.....I swear all of this drama is going to be the end of them. Heck, my dad is already elderly and sickly as it is. Everytime my dad talks about my brother and his familly, he starts to cry. It's so sad.

No one had to post bail for my brother because, literally the prosecutor said, "I don't have anything on you. Sorry for the inconvenience." Okaaaaaaaaay, yeaaaaaaaah, I guess being handcuffed and arrested for a bogus call from Scottsdale AZ at 10:00pm at night, at your home, in front of your children and neighbors, and then having to spend the night and all the next day in jail, could be called an inconvenience.

Cheryl, even if they did get divorced, I don't think he would ask for custody of the kids, or at least sole custody, because he just wouldn't do that to her. The kids love their mom, and she loves them. The oldest of the kids, my niece, will be 16 years old in January, and she's old enough to be aware if her mom is behaving irratically and could call to let her grandma know (my SIL's mom) so grandma could get my SIL back on track. The other two kids are a little too young for that responsibility (my other niece is 10, and my nephew is 7).

Plus, my brother is like, "How can I pay for two places, one for her and the kids, and the other for myself." He has a point. I don't know how anyone can afford that?

Anyway, my brother is leaving tomorrow to fly down to Phoenix to stay for a while and check up on his business there. (He has an appraisal company in Phoenix, which also has an attached condo, so he'll stay there for a bit and try to figure out what to do.) Poor guy, I feel bad for him. I don't know what I would do either. I mean, yeah, he could move back to Phoenix and stay in the condo, but then he would never see his kids. And that's the problem he's facing now while trying to decide if divorce is the right choice and what exactly would be feasable in order for him to see his kids regularly. Justin (my hubby) and I will check up on my SIL and the kids regularly while he is away to make sure they are alright and if they need anything.

I don't know, it's such a mess. (sigh) At least there not a lot of bitterness between everyone and the lines of communication are relatively friendly and open, considering the circumstances. I mean, when a person is bipolar, then they're bipolar. My brother still cares for her, but I just don't think he can continue to be married to her and live with her anymore. I really don't think he loves her anymore, at least in a romantic way, if that makes sense. I can tell he loves her as a person and as the mother of his kids, but nothing more than that. At least that is what it seems like to me. You know, after putting up with stuff like this for so long, he's just worn down, and he deserves to have some peace and happiness in his life, and so do the kids.

Beth - you get hot flashes too?!! Okay, well actually I'm relieved to hear that because I thought that maybe something was really wrong with me to experience that in my late thirties. They are horrible, aren't they?!! I practically needed to take a cold shower after doing the dishes, I was so flippin' hot. Luckily it only lasted for about 5-10 minutes. My hubby claims he's gonna have to wear long johns to bed (in the summer, for pete's sake) because I'm feezing him out with the air conditioner and ceiling fan going full blast all night long. I told him to go for it.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #304
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Cristabel--four days!!!!
I know, I'm so excited! I can't wait to be able to see you & Stacie more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Happy Saturday ladies!!

I only have a minute but just wanted to stop in and say hi. I agreed to let the girls have a slumber party tonight, so I'm off to the store to pick up junk food and movies for them. It's going to be a long night. lol
That's what summer is all about - NO sleep! I know I have really been living a summer life, going to bed at 3am and waking up around 11 or 12pm I better get my sleeping habits in order because I start school in 9 days!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #305
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Kelly, I'm wondering if the travel made your back problems worse. It usually does for me - sitting in middle seats on a plane, carrying bags, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Good morning girls.

Well, I've pretty much had a crappy week. First, I felt sick most of the week (starting Tuesday morning).....week, tired, shaky, and the back of the neck hurt really bad and then the pain went up the back of my head, so I had a really bad headache too. And I hardly ever get headaches, so it was just strange for me. Anyway, that finally seemed to subside as of yesterday. Maybe it was some kind of virus?

Then, I've been experiencing lots of hot flashes this week. Usually I would only get them at night when I was in bed, but this week I've started to get them during the day too I don't know......I've heard that women can start to experience these things even in their mid to late 30s, and I am 39 years old as of Labor day, but still, aren't I too young for this? Okay, maybe don't answer that - LOL.

Finally, my brother was taken to jail Thursday night.....again. It wasn't a big deal really, and the judge dropped all the charges because they were bogus. (One of my SIL's girlfriends, just as a big joke and to be evil, decided to call the police up here to make a report that my brother was threatening to kill one of his daughters. Can you believe that?!!! Yeah, she did it just to get my brother arrested because she hates him.) My SIL didn't even know her friend did that, until while they were watching TV after just getting home from having pizza somewhere, the doorbell rings, and it's the police. SURPRISE, we're here to take you to jail from a call we recieved from Scottsdale AZ. Both my brother and SIL were like, "Whaaaaa?!" Now my SIL wants a divorce from my brother because her friend down in Scottsdale, the one who called the police with the bogus charge, keeps telling her she needs to divorce my brother. Interestingly, the friend from Scottsdale has been divorced 3 times now. I guess now that she doesn't have a man to divorce herself, she's getting her divorce needs fulfilled by manipulating her friends into getting one. My SIL is particularly easy to manipulate because she has fairly sever bi-polar disorder. Anyway, blah blah blah.

Personally, I think my brother should get a divorce. Maybe he could have a normal life for a change. Stay friends with my SIL of course so they could both be good parents for their kids, but a divorce and living apart would give him the opportunity to get out of the mayhem that my SIL and her friends create. My brother has a hard time with the idea of divorce because he's been taking care of my SIL (with her severe bi-polar) for 14 years now, and I think he fears what will happen to her and/or the children if he's not there to make sure she's taking her meds.

Family drama......gotta love it.

Sorry to lay all this out there on you guys. Geesh, I'm not a very good Diva am I? I don't post anything for a couple of days, and then I come on here and just lay all this crummy, boring stuff on you. Seriously, I'm done and won't bore you anymore. Ummmm, lets change subjects......

.....so, about our ladies trip......
Capri, wow, you really have a story when you do come on and post. That is a complex situation but I agree with you -- he would have a chance for a normal life if he did go for the divorce. It's one excuse for his wife to have bi-polar problems, but what's the excuse for the girlfriend who called the cops on him??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Happy Saturday ladies!!

I only have a minute but just wanted to stop in and say hi. I agreed to let the girls have a slumber party tonight, so I'm off to the store to pick up junk food and movies for them. It's going to be a long night. lol

Anyway, couple things before I go:

Donna, welcome back!!! Sounds like a nice trip. I'd love to see all the medieval looking places. Very cool. And thanks for the info on the thyroid stuff. I think I'm ok now, but with it running in my family so much, I do need to be on the look out for symptoms.

Janelle, what a wonderful surprise!! You've been such a tease on FB. lol

Capri, I am sorry for all the family drama. My half brother used to date a girl who was bi-polar. It was rough. Lots of drama there that I won't even get into, but he ended up in jail because of her too. Also false charges. In fact, after having him arrested, she went and bailed him out. So weird.
Anyway, vent with us anytime.

Oh, and I've been having hot flashes too!!! Sometimes I feel like I am just burning up. I'm only 37 so I thought I was too young for that but maybe not. Ahhhh, the joys of aging.

Cheryl, thanks for updating us on Dawn. Poor thing. It's super sweet what she's doing though.

Well, I guess that's all I can remember for now. I'm off to take Adam to a birthday party, and then hit the store. Talk to y'all later.
You are such a great mom!
Yeah, hot flashes can happen anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Oh, and Capri--if it were me I'd seriously be looking at and talking to the police about charging SIL's friend with making a false police report . . . . .
Ditto that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post

Thanks Donna. We DID have a fun time even though it was tough with me feeling so crappy but I am still glad I went because it is such a GREAT place and we DO want to go back someday! And I know all about the SW thing. I was up bright and early the day before we left, called on the dot and STILL we got at the very END of the A group. I don't get that whole thing. I know they reserve the first "few" seats for business class but I tried a minute BEFORE our time and it said it was too early then I tried a minute later and got A 52!!

Then on our return we were at the Zoo and stopped what we were doing to do it over our phone and we STILL got in the B group! It was nuts! Luckily at least from Baltimore to Phoenix we got to sit together even with the B group but I just don't get how you can check in RIGHT at that 24 hour mark and STILL get so far back. I don't even want to KNOW what we would have gotten if we had waited till we got to the airport on Thurs. Luckily we had the cell with the internet. But then after ALL that we had A group for Phoenix but like you said it didn't matter because the plane was late and by the time we got there we got whatever was left! It really sucked too cuz it was not OUR fault and yet we get stuck sitting apart. We got to the airport 4 hours before our flight was supposed to leave and had checked in 24 hours in advance and then when I found out the flight would be late I asked if they could put us on the next flight and they said NO! I was like well what if it doesn't wait!! He said it would and it DID but that was what we got stuck with which in my opinion is not fair to us since it wasn't OUR fault but whatever.
I don't get why when you called at the first opportunity... - maybe... hmm.. maybe it's because it's faster at home, on high-speed computers vs a cell phone?

That is surprising about not allowing you to go on the next flight...
Ah, the service on airlines...

And btw, in Canada, they make you put your purse and your shoes directly on the dirty conveyor belt, instead of letting you use the trays... why?

Quote:

But we stayed at the Embassy Suites in NY and it was AWESOME. I have ALWAYS had great stays with them everywhere I have stayed. GREAT big rooms and the free breakfast is worth it right there. Plus the location and view were awesome!

And by the way your trip sounded awesome as well!! I have been to Vancouver and Victoria but never to the East Coast of Canada and have always wanted to go. I have seen the movie at Epcot and it looks marvelous! Glad you had fun and hope you are feeling better as well!

Have a blast!
Thanks, Kelly. You know, once I left, I was fine. I had forgotten about how sick I was the week before the trip until I saw the meds I brought (just in case). You have lots of time to see the rest of Canada.

Funny story - at WDW, we were sitting waiting for the Canada movie. The girl dips below the podium and then pops up like 2 minutes later, saying the movie will not be shown. It was our last chance, and right before closing, so we never got to see it....

Where in NY is the E Suites? A large room in NY is a thing of rarity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Thanks everyone for listening to my troubles.

I don't know, it's such a mess. (sigh) At least there not a lot of bitterness between everyone and the lines of communication are relatively friendly and open, considering the circumstances. I mean, when a person is bipolar, then they're bipolar. My brother still cares for her, but I just don't think he can continue to be married to her and live with her anymore. I really don't think he loves her anymore, at least in a romantic way, if that makes sense. I can tell he loves her as a person and as the mother of his kids, but nothing more than that. At least that is what it seems like to me. You know, after putting up with stuff like this for so long, he's just worn down, and he deserves to have some peace and happiness in his life, and so do the kids.
:
Ah, that last sentence is a good reason to make some changes.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
Old 08-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #306
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

I'm wonder how AmySue's day at American Girl went?

Do you think she saw any dolls like the one I saw at Epcot Germany?

Old 08-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #307
BillyFan

Wow, sorry that is so humongo! I'm not sure how to resize photos for posting.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #308
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
I'm wonder how AmySue's day at American Girl went?

Do you think she saw any dolls like the one I saw at Epcot Germany?

How creepy is that photo? American girl was quite fun. My DD had such fun with me and her favorite Aunt. We arrived for our dining reservation and were seated right away. They hook a little pink chair to the table so Claire's doll could dine with her. The first course is "welcome buns", warm cinnamin buns that go down in about two bites.

When the buns were brought, the doll was given her own little tea cup and plate. Very cute.

The food was okay...my DD had the bitty bite meal which was a mini hamburger and mini hotdog and fruit cut into shapes..I think a star and a heart.

Desset was cute, a two bit frosted heart shaped cake, a small frosted star cookie and a little flower pot of chocolate mousse.

Then we wandered about the store which is very well done, I pictured an expensive target, I was wrong, picture more COACH with dolls. We made an appointment to have her doll's hair done, and shopped around. Dolly is now sporting an elegant french twist type look. FOr the styling the dolls are strapped into a "salon" chair and the cape is put about them. QUite funny.
Claire did take a picture of me in front of an entire case of dolls all wearing the same outfits....not too creepy, they didn't seem to be staring too much.

We then hung out in EL Segundo at Auntie's house, had dinner and drove home. 2.5 hours in the dark major traffic had me a bit white knuckled, but the day was swell.

We didn't end up getting a doll as coincidences of coincidences my mom called me Friday AM all excited as she found the exact doll my DD wanted at a garage sale still in the box that morning during her AM walk

So, getting Josefina for less than half, so we just bought the accessories yesterday.

Sadly, back to the work grind today. WOrked an 8 hour day and didn't cry. Things might be getting better????

Have a great rest of the weekend!!

AmySUe
Old 08-16-2009, 12:51 AM   #309
BillyFan

Hey, I'm married to that creep!

Glad you didn't cry at work today!!!

Old 08-16-2009, 01:05 AM   #310
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Quote:
And Janelle I am excited for you seeing your sis! I know EXACTLY what restaurant that is! Olive Garden right?

Have a blast!
VERY close...we were right behind it at Fuddruckers

We have had such a good time with them....It's going to be soooooo hard to say goodbye to them on Monday night. They leave early Tuesday. They have stayed the night with me every night since Thursday.
I love these kids so much and having them so far away has been so difficult for me. I can't even call and talk to them on the phone because I end up getting so upset when I talk to them.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:11 AM   #311
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Amy, I'm glad to hear you and your DD had a good time...and that you weren't to freaked out by all the dolls.

Seems pretty quiet on here today.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:14 AM   #312
kelmac284

Donna yeah it is weird about the flights but so be it. We have never flown Southwest back east before so it is a def exp that's for sure. We have always gone Delta or American and had assigned seats and I tell you that right there is a big difference. Nice to know you HAVE that for just this reason. But anyway as far as our room in NY we stayed down in Battery Park very close to the WTC site. It is a LOVELY area down there. Right near the water and lots of shops and restaurants etc. It is also near the financial district.

This was the view from our room.

In D.C. even though we were RIGHT near the capitol and when you walked out the front doors you saw the bldg, from our window we had a view of an air conditioner. That's my typical luck LOL.

I was VERY surprised and happy to get such a GREAT room with a view no less in NY!

It was a typical embassy suites too. We had a king size bed in the master and then a nice front room with the couch, tv etc and a little mini bar etc and of course our bathroom. All nice size!

I got that off the AAA website and it was decent priced for NY too 179/night!

Anyway I am up at the butt crack of dawn because unfortunately yesterday the pain just got worse and worse to where I had to go to bed at 6 last night. Shane was nice enough to let me have the bed so I could stretch out and he slept downstairs but then I woke up at 4 with the beginnings of a migraine no less. I think taking all these pain meds it is giving me a rebound headache. So I got up and took yet another bath and took some DIFFERENT pills for my headache and now I am up. My back is feeling better for now as is the other area so hopefully by resting all day yesterday that helped. I was hurting so badly yesterday I seriously was considering the ER which I NEVER want to go to cuz you will literally sit there till the end of time and as much pain as I am in that is even WORSE torture!

I am hoping I can just make it through today and then I have to go to my stupid Uro tomorrow but I plan to call the GI first thing and hope I can make it clear to him just how urgent this is that I get in to the specialist asap! I really need to get this resolved!

If not I will HAVE to go to the ER cuz I can't go on like this much longer!

Anyway I hope everyone has a good day today. I don't know if Shane is going to take teh girls to church today or what but I am just going to try and relax and hope that this lull keeps up and I don't start feeling worse again!

Talk later!

Old 08-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #313
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Hey, I'm married to that creep!

Glad you didn't cry at work today!!!
The doll heads are creepy, not the man!! Is it wrong that I want to rub yor DH's head?

AMySue
Old 08-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #314
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
The doll heads are creepy, not the man!! Is it wrong that I want to rub yor DH's head?

AMySue
I loved that photo! He's a cutie.

AmySue, great find on the doll - your mom has the garage sale touch. I've missed what happened at work for you -- last I read, you were worried you'd be cut back...?

Kelly, fantastic view. That room is a find in NY! I think the prices have gotten better because tourism in general is down. (although not in Canada!)

We are going to the Depeche Mode concert at the Bowl tonight, providing it's not cancelled. They cancelled their last two dates (one was just two days ago) due to the lead singer's throat problems.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
Old 08-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #315
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
I loved that photo! He's a cutie.

AmySue, great find on the doll - your mom has the garage sale touch. I've missed what happened at work for you -- last I read, you were worried you'd be cut back...?

Kelly, fantastic view. That room is a find in NY! I think the prices have gotten better because tourism in general is down. (although not in Canada!)

We are going to the Depeche Mode concert at the Bowl tonight, providing it's not cancelled. They cancelled their last two dates (one was just two days ago) due to the lead singer's throat problems.

Hey Donna, I think most of my job woes have been bandied about on FaceBook...I am still employed, even though I really am not needed that much. Work has been kinda slow, so each day we have enough work easily for 2 people to do, but not enough for 3, and there are 3, so I worry that I won't keep my job for all that longer...but I am a natural worrier!!

My frustration to tears part comes mostly from my super type A personality...I do not flourish in a chaotic enviornment...and we are the land of chaos and noise now. THe practice is tiny and needs some redesigning to allow for three doctors. Because I am part time, I have always shared a desk, meaning whoever was off that day, I got their desk. Well, now there are three of us,two work stations so I feel disorganized...missing things I am supposed to be doing, trying to make sensitive phone calls standing in our Grand Central Station tiny treatment room...Some people would likely not even find it distracting. It is enough to cause a migraine in me. Also, the other two doctors are seriously the loudest human beings on the planet. I can hear every word of their end of an appointment or phone call from the other side of the clinic. Why do some people shout on the telephone?

Curse my perfectionist uptight personality!! I feel that I am letting everything slip through the cracks!!!

So, now the world is updated!!

And yes....super cool my mom and the garage sale. SHe got 2 or 3 outfits as well, so yeah mom!!!

Nice to see more of us on the thread...I have been missing everyone!!
AmySue
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: