Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 04:35 PM   #3061
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Well i'm back from the doctor again. we went in at 9:15 and they took me right in, we didn't get out til 2:45. I had two breathing treatments.. an antibiotic shot that starts with r.. and a steriod shot and they took chest x rays.. then gave me 4 prescriptions.. one zpack of antibiotics..a prescription for liquid codeine for the pain.. another for cough syrup and one for a decongestant. Luckily Bob was able to stay with me.

have a good day everyonne.
Dawn - Sending you lots and lots of get well wishes. It sounds like you have really been put through it. Please take special care of yourself and get better SOON!

Old 11-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #3062
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

I've been working this weekend, and come one to see so many sick. I hate it. I hope and pray that you all feel very much better soon!

No School for us on Wed either. I have to work tomorrow again, but then will have Wed to hang with the boys. I miss them so much when I'm working.

Cheryl, that really stinks that you had a bad trip. How disappointing.

I voted for my favorite shirt. I'm still thinking about the cards. I'd love to do it, but have to choose my stressors right now.

Talk with you later!

Heather

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS6-Nathan , DS5-Nolan , DD2-Natalie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #3063
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Dawn, I'm sorry you've had such a rough time of it lately with being sick and all. I hope you start to be on the mend really soon.

Deb, sounds like you've got the boys pretty much set! I think I'm almost set with my kids too. I want to get all the girls bikes. That will be their main present, then I'll get them each a couple smaller presents, just to have more to open.

I don't know what to do with Adam. I wanted to get him a bike too, but he refuses to wear a helmet. None of his other friends do and it just wouldn't be "cool".

I'm not entirely "unhip", lol, and I can understand that part of it. No one wants to be the only geek in your group of teen friends who's mommy makes them wear a helmet.
But I keep reminding him we aren't out in the country like in Michigan where he's riding on grassy fields. It's cement and cars. If he crashes, all it takes is one time for something horrific to happen. kwim? And how would I feel as a mom if something happened to my son because I wanted to let him be cool and not wear a protective helmet.

I don't know. We are at a stand still on this. I simply cannot allow him to ride without a helmet. I just feel it's too risky. I even told him we could pick out any helmet style or design he wanted. But he won't wear one. So I said, no helmet, no bike. So now he just said fine, he doesn't want a bike. Which is a shame because we were all getting them as a family to use on the many walking/riding trails around the house.

Oh well. Gee, I didn't mean to ramble on like that!!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #3064
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
I don't know what to do with Adam. I wanted to get him a bike too, but he refuses to wear a helmet. None of his other friends do and it just wouldn't be "cool".

I'm not entirely "unhip", lol, and I can understand that part of it. No one wants to be the only geek in your group of teen friends who's mommy makes them wear a helmet.
But I keep reminding him we aren't out in the country like in Michigan where he's riding on grassy fields. It's cement and cars. If he crashes, all it takes is one time for something horrific to happen. kwim? And how would I feel as a mom if something happened to my son because I wanted to let him be cool and not wear a protective helmet.

I don't know. We are at a stand still on this. I simply cannot allow him to ride without a helmet. I just feel it's too risky. I even told him we could pick out any helmet style or design he wanted. But he won't wear one. So I said, no helmet, no bike. So now he just said fine, he doesn't want a bike. Which is a shame because we were all getting them as a family to use on the many walking/riding trails around the house.

I understand because I feel the same way. And it doesn't take something horrific to happen. Just recently here there was a 13-year-old boy who was skateboarding without a helmet and he fell down and bonked his head. Seemed fine, then hours later he is in a coma that he never woke up from. Such a tragedy! Jesse knows it's a helmet or no bike or skateboard. Period.

I hope everyone who is sick gets better really quickly! We spent a good part of October with at least one person sick, so I'm glad to be out of there for now. Take care and get lots of rest
Old 11-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #3065
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Well i'm back from the doctor again. we went in at 9:15 and they took me right in, we didn't get out til 2:45. I had two breathing treatments.. an antibiotic shot that starts with r.. and a steriod shot and they took chest x rays.. then gave me 4 prescriptions.. one zpack of antibiotics..a prescription for liquid codeine for the pain.. another for cough syrup and one for a decongestant. Luckily Bob was able to stay with me.
Dawn - you poor babe! I hope you get better quickly now that they armed you with your own pharmacy. Take care sweetie!

Cheryl - That's too bad you had such a rotten time while on vacation in WDW. It's just not fair. I think when stuff like that happens, you should get an automatic do-over.

Courtney - I hope everything is going well with the doctor and you get better soon too.

As far as bike helmets go, you HAVE to wear them here. It's the law.....seriously.....and if someone is caught not wearing a helmet while riding a bike or a skateboard or scooter, he/she will be fined. Yep.

Christmas shopping.....well, lets say I'm just hoping to be able to get the boys at least a couple of things they want. It's definitely going to be a lean Christmas for us, but all that matters is that we do our best to make it special for the boys. Justin and I are just happy knowing our family is together, happy and healthy. That will be our present under the tree this year.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:44 PM   #3066
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Dawn, I'm sorry you've had such a rough time of it lately with being sick and all. I hope you start to be on the mend really soon.

Deb, sounds like you've got the boys pretty much set! I think I'm almost set with my kids too. I want to get all the girls bikes. That will be their main present, then I'll get them each a couple smaller presents, just to have more to open.

Make him wear the helmet. Lets be in that club. Ive worked too long in a peds hospital to see what happens when one doesn't wear a helmet.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 11-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #3067
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Meet and Greet!!!

Ive noticed many of you ladies asking about the meet and greet and going on about the theme of it. There is also some speculation as to what the theme is. Last year we had kept it a secret till the party, and everyone was surprised. This year it seems many want to know ahead of time. No problem with that. And considering the theme it will help that you all know ahead of time to prepare. The meet and greet theme for this year's trip is......

Slumber Party!!!

The plan is for everyone to come dressed in their comfy jammies. Sweats, tshirts, slippers and any other sleeping attire is apporpriate.

The candy buffet will be back.

The exchange at the party will be a pillow case exchange. Very similar to the way we did the tote exchange last year, but with pillow cases instead.

We are looking to have a great meet and greet this year. Lots of fun, and good times like last time. The committee is excited and can't wait to get our plans into action. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

More details will follow as time goes on.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 11-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #3068
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

So I'm back from the doctors. And it looks like I have h1n1. Well, my doctor can't do a rapidtest (is that what it's called?) because our county isn't administrating it to any doctor's office. She said they were told to treat everyone who comes in with flu symptoms like they have h1n1. I can't get any medication because it's a virus so I just gotta rest and take a lot of fluids. And I can't go back to work until my fever is gone on it's own for atleast 24 hours. So no work for me tomorrow.

Dawn, I really hope you feel better soon.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #3069
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
Ive noticed many of you ladies asking about the meet and greet and going on about the theme of it. There is also some speculation as to what the theme is. Last year we had kept it a secret till the party, and everyone was surprised. This year it seems many want to know ahead of time. No problem with that. And considering the theme it will help that you all know ahead of time to prepare. The meet and greet theme for this year's trip is......

Slumber Party!!!

The plan is for everyone to come dressed in their comfy jammies. Sweats, tshirts, slippers and any other sleeping attire is apporpriate.

The exchange at the party will be a pillow case exchange. Very similar to the way we did the tote exchange last year, but with pillow cases instead.

We are looking to have a great meet and greet this year. Lots of fun, and good times like last time. The committee is excited and can't wait to get our plans into action. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

That sounds like a blast!!! Comfy jammies at a party.....yeah baby!

Ohhhh man, I sure hope I get to come!

So, can we put extra goodies in the pillow cases too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
So I'm back from the doctors. And it looks like I have h1n1. Well, my doctor can't do a rapidtest (is that what it's called?) because our county isn't administrating it to any doctor's office. She said they were told to treat everyone who comes in with flu symptoms like they have h1n1. I can't get any medication because it's a virus so I just gotta rest and take a lot of fluids. And I can't go back to work until my fever is gone on it's own for atleast 24 hours. So no work for me tomorrow.
Awwwww, that's the pits sweetie! Get lots of rest and GET WELL SOON!!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #3070
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:

Slumber Party!!!

Is there going to be a limit on the exchange???? And can you please explain a little more about the pillow case exchange? We just bring a pillow case or what's the dealio??

Quote:

Take care and I hope you get better soon
Old 11-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #3071
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Beth, you really have your hands full. If you want I'm more than happy to be in charge of gathering the addresses and sending out PMs for the Christmas cards. Just want to help out!
I'll be PMing you once I catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Hi ladies!

Sorry to those who are feeling ill. Man this has been the season for yucks!

Donna, I think I know what you mean. My neck always feels wrong, and sometimes I think I strained too hard at the gym one or two times. Who knows? I seem to take alot of IBs to help it out. Especially at night when I go to bed. Of course when I am at DL, I love me some rides, and I have to be really careful. Phooey!!

Steph!! Woo hoo or passing your tests!! CONGRATS!!!!!

Beth, when you are referring to hoodies, do you mean the pullover kind or the zipper kind. Some pullovers pull at my neck too if that is what you mean. Ha........maybe that is why they call them that.

A BIG
thankyou
for posting the t-shirt poll too!!
How was the fabric district? Hope you had a nice weekend.

Quote:
Thank you, Capri. I'm sorry about your tummy hurting. I wonder what it is in Arby's?

I don't know if I have the flu? I took my temp right now and it's 101.6. I have bad chills (I'm freezing!!), headache, and my chest hurts. I don't know if it's h1n1, I don't have any potty issues. I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow if I feel worse or my fever is the same.
Hope you're feeling better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizbuzz View Post
Capri and Courtney--
Hope you feel better.

And can I be in the Christmas card exchange? I don't think I'll be getting many cards here in Switzerland. I'm going to go ahead and send Cristabel my info. Pretty please....

Later ladies..
Jen
Hoping you do the Christmas card exchange. I'm looking forward to it this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
I pm'd Cristabel for the Christmas card exchange. I didn't participate last year, but I think it'll be fun and the extra lift to my spirits that I need .

Jen- I wouldn't mind mailing a card to Switzerland & I think it would be fun to receive an international card .
How are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
You know how last week I was home for two days because ds was sick? Now I am home because dd is sick. It doesn't seem to be as bad, but she has a fever so can't go to daycare and all my normal sitters are sick or on vacation and dh just started his new job and doesn't get sick leave. Fun fun. I hope no one gets sick for the rest of the winter because I am using up all my sick leave now!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Sarah
Sorry to hear your dd is sick. Hopefully after she's recovered no one else gets sick.

Quote:
Good morning ladies!!!
Hope you all had a nice weekend.

It's going to be a weird week here. The kids go to school for two days, then off on Wed, then go for two more days, then the weekend. I just know it's going to mess me up on my days.
Anyone else off Wednesday, for Veteran's Day?

Have a good one! TTYL!!
Yeah this 2 days of work, a day off, 2 days of work is rough. I'll be making apple pie on Wednesday. The kids have been asking for one for a while now, I just haven't been here or had the time (when I've been here) to make one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Silly girl! Of COURSE you should be in the exchange! For us it's just one card--for you . . . . . .a LOT of international postage!

Ok ladies, I am home from the disaster trip. Well, not really--but it seems like something went wrong every day! Yikes!

I'll try to give more details later . . . . . .
Sorry to hear your trip didn't go well. Hope you're feeling better.

steph
(back to catching up)

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 11-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #3072
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Slumber Party!!!

A SLUMBER PARTY theme!!!! How Cool! So excited! Does that mean we are bringing back the LPF? Just wondering!

Quote:

So sorry! How awful! My kids have been sick but luckily it hasn't been that! Hope you feel better soon!

Sarah

Old 11-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #3073
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulubellesDD View Post
Hey ladies,

I am doing a project for one of my classes and I need some help! I am doing a survey to find out if people prefer ice cream or frozen yogurt. It's only two questions! Thank you so much Dis Divas!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...aAqWsAvg_3d_3d

or copy and paste this into your web browser:

<a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=z0DAq1fLgb5a8taAqWsAvg_3d_3d">Click Here to take survey</a>
My vote was for Cold Stone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
Ha, Jesse is counting that down too - and I mean literally!! He has an app on his iPod that counts down whatever and he is checking that all the time. Most of the stores here are opening at 11:59 p.m. for the release (which he preordered already) - the sad thing is his XBox is taken away until Thursday for being such a poop in school and completely blowing off English (I mean going to class, just not doing ANY work!!!). So he'll get the game tomorrow, but he can't play it until Thursday (yes, I am that mean ).

Courtney - take care. The flu stinks!! They might get you to wear a mask in the office as a precaution. Our doctor doesn't even have magazines or toys for the kids right now to try and help prevent spread of the flu as it is so prevalent right now..... Scary stuff. The good thing is it's not any worse than a normal flu in most cases, just lots of people getting it.

Good for you sticking to the punishment. Kids think the punishment is so hard on them. Do they really think we want to take the fun stuff away from them?

Quote:
I'm glad you got an appt. Take care of you hon.

That sounds like Adam. He's only watched the trailer for it on youtube like a 100 times. And we pre-ordered it weeks ago. He wanted to go to the midnight release party at Game Stop but it's on a school night so I put my foot down and said no way.

So how nuts do you think Jesse will make you begging to play the game???
And anyone without teen boys is probably wondering what on earth we are talking about.
Who needs teen boys when you have a dh that's a gamer Although dh isn't interested in that one too much but he does love the Halo games and he plays WoW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
I love Christmas. I usually buy everyone a gift and that runs me around $500. This year I can't do that since I don't have a seasonal job. I try to get meaningful gifts and avoid gift cards. It's harder with my cousins though because all the really do want is money lol.
For local friends we're going to make treat trays. Chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate lollipops, fudge, and assorted cookies.

Quote:

i am so tire.d

courtney take good care of you and good lucky at the doctor.

debra you need to watch it and not get sicker.

cheryl i'm glad they were able to get those prescriptions to you on your trip.

have a good day everyonne.
Rest as much as you can. Hope you feel better soon.

Quote:

All of ours where their helmets. On base you can't ride a bike w/o one or the military member of the person caught w/o it will get into trouble.

Quote:

Slumber Party!!!

Sounds great.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 11-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #3074
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Warning--long post!

Ok--so here's more detail on my trip for those who were interested.

We're calling this trip the "Titanic"--because it was such a shipwreck!

Well, not completely, but it seems like we had a disaster a day.

First, it turns out that Saratoga Springs has NO roll-in accessible studio rooms where someone with an assistive device can access the main closet. (The area between the bed and closet wall is about 14 inches.) Some of you may recall we had the same issue last year, and they told us they just didn't have the "right" room available. Now they're saying there are none. So, I'm going to have to have a long talk with my guide.

They were going to upgrade my Mom (who has to use a walker) to a one bedroom-but they didn't have any available. Oh, and they said they were going to charge "ME" the additional points required. Uh, no. I don't think so. So instead they "upgraded" us to a two-bedroom--only one problem guys--I DIDN'T WANT a villa WITH my Mother (that sounds bad, doesn't it?) that is why I booked TWO STUDIOS and then to add insult to injury in the two-bedroom units the "second" bedroom (the one I was in because it was the non-accessible one) has NO Internet connection. Ok, out to the electronics store to buy a wireless router. $150 later . . . . . . and I'm waiting to see if they don't hit my DVC account for extra points (you will probably hear the screams of protest through the Internet if that happens) Oh, and SSR's solution to the no Internet in the second bedroom where I needed to work problem--they would pay for a cab to take me to an Internet cafe. Uh, yeah--can I wear my jammies?

Second, I got sick. I'm pretty sure it was the swine flu. Didn't think to ask my doctor for Tamiflu--thought it was sinus infection and just asked for a Z-pack--then had to fight all day with doc and the pharmacy--one wouldn't do prescriptions by fax/the other wouldn't do prescriptions by phone. They finally decided to kiss and make up and I got the Z-pack late Monday night.

Third, my Mom thought she lost her purse on Wednesday. After two hours of dealing with lost and found and the restaurant where she might have lost it, we went back to the villa and discovered it in a cupboard she had put it in.

Fourth, did I mention I was sick?

Fifth, I lost my room key and almost immediately called the front desk to report it missing and ask that they void it. After first saying "no-we can't do that" they assured me that it was done. Then the next morning I got a call saying I was over the resort limit. Not only had they been charging me cash (instead of points) for the room but someone had charged $575+ to my room (some crooked person apparently found my room key--which had NOT been properly voided.) Front desk did agree to waive the charges--after carefully telling me that they would investigate any fraud. Well duh--of course there was fraud. Someone else used MY ROOM KEY which would have been avoided if your staff had properly handled the issue. I was insulted, because they seemed to be implying that if they discovered I had committed fraud they would have Security get in touch with me. Yeah, right--I am going to risk my career and reputation for $575 worth of Disney crap.

Friday we went to dinner at Yak and Yeti. Good experience, other than the hostess who pitched a fit about my Mom's scooter--we were at a table next to a wall--my Mom parked her scooter behind her own seat between her and the wall--no one would be walking in there --not even the server. She wanted it moved outside --we said "why?" it's not in the way. She went away, came back and didn't say a word, just put the menus down and walked away.

Saturday we flew home. Finally got some pixie dust as the gate agent was able to get us the bulkhead. Then we hit LAX where they couldn't find my Mom's scooter for 30 minutes and my suitcase for an hour. Then we got to valet parking and I had a dead battery.

Other than that it was a GREAT trip! I've never been so happy to be home from vacation!

I don't want to sound like we didn't have any fun. Our stay (on cash) at Boardwalk Inn was without incident. The accessible room we shared was HUMONGOUS with two queen sized beds. In retrospect I wish I could have stayed there the whole time. On Saturday (the first full day there) we went to Epcot and had lunch at Chefs de France and checked out the Food and Wine festival. I had this awesome Cosmopolitan slushie in France that was delicious--it was a hot day and it tasted sooo good. Of course, I had a red tongue when I brushed my teeth that night. And the profiteroles at chefs de France are to die for. Unfortunately our waiter did not rival the cuteness of the waiter in April so no pics--sorry girls.

That night we had dinner at the new Cat Cora restaurant Kouzzina with friends that live in Florida. It was "ok"--I had heard raves about this and it was good, but not great. I had the lamb burger that was spicy and maybe I was starting to get sick--just can't tell.
The night before (Friday--after we flew in) we shared an appetizer of calamari and the potato crusted red snapper at Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. VERY pricy--and good--but again not something I will wake up craving (my criteria for something outstanding). They did, however, give us free creme brulee because Mom was wearing her birthday button--and it was very good (but still not cravable).

On Sunday we moved to SSR (and encountered the aforementioned room issue). Our bellman and the greeter at SSR were fabulous, however--we ran into them often on our trip and they always had a smile and were gracious.

Monday we went to Hollywood Studios--mostly because Mom didn't get to go last year because she wasn't feeling well. We ate at 50's Prime Time and again it was "ok"--our waiter tried but he was sorta blah--or maybe because of my Mom's age he didn't rib us as much as he could have. (she could have matched him jab for jab). Having been to this park three times I think it is "missable"--my Mom only having been there once has reached the same conclusion. Of course, we don't do RocknRoller Coaster. And the fastpasses for TSMM were gone by the time we got there. We did the Great Movie Ride and the Backlot Tour.

Tuesday we stayed in all day until we had dinner at Ohana. We enjoyed this--especially since it turned out we could see Wishes fireworks from our seats--they pipe the music into the restaurant. We both got "lei'd" and thought the food overall was good--although the noodles were bland. We were both stuffed. The only thing we thought was so so was the dessert--a bread pudding. I don't like bread pudding and my Mom--who adores bread pudding--thought it was yucky. After dinner we took a grand circle tour on the Monorail from the Poly all the way round and back again to the Poly.

That night I got an emergency call from a client. So Wednesday morning I got up early and worked, then we left for breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe. The food (we had the breakfast skillet) was delicious and our waitress was a delight. We didn't see a lot of "antics" but they did do the ketchup and giant coke thing. Back to the villa and more work, then a short rest.
That night we went to the Hoop Dee Doo at Fort Wilderness. The show is ok--no better than a high school or college production (and depending on the college maybe not as good) maybe it was tempered by the fact that we had to fight for a good table despite having made reservations six months ago. they were going to seat us in the front row (good) behind the upright piano (bad). They claimed there were no other tables. I had to use my "lawyer" voice. Especially since it was my Mom's actual birthday that day (which is why I scheduled it for that day). Miracle of miracles--a table in the middle of the front row opened up--imagine that!

Mom became the "star" of the show--once the funnyman found out it was her 79th birthday he played the entire show to her. It was fun. Getting to and from Fort Wilderness, however, was not fun. We drove the rental car to a parking lot then had to take a bus. The problem was getting her scooter in and out of the car. I couldn't do it myself. We snagged this guy on the way in--but when we got to the car after there was no one around. I had to call security and they sent a Fort Wilderness person.

On Thursday--more work. So Thursday morning I slept in and got to work. I worked until lunchtime and then we went to the Turf Club at SSR for lunch. This is really our favorite place. We had the steak sandwich for lunch. (We had eaten there Sunday night too--had lamb (Mom) and a strip steak (me)) Their cheesecake is to die for. That was Sunday night. Thursday we had the chocolate espresso cake with port wine vanilla ice cream. We were full, so just ate the ice cream and took the cake to go. We ate some that night and it SOOOOO rich and good. Definitely something to have again.

I finally finished working at 5 p.m. and we jumped on a bus for Epcot. Our plan was to "eat around the World" at some of the Food and wine booths using our snack credits on the dining plan. This is where I lost my key card--at the first booth! Luckily my Mom had her key and we were able to continue with our eating spree. The best thing was the Irish Lobster and Scallop pie. It was divine! We would have had it again later if we hadn't been so full. I couldn't even do a Cosmo slushie again (of course, it had also turned cooler so it didn't appeal quite as much).

Friday morning was when we discovered the charges on my key card, so we didn't really get started until 11:30 a.m. or so. We went to Animal Kingdom and it was a nice day. We had lunch at Flame Tree BBQ (very good--but too much food) and then dinner at Yak and Yeti--also delicious--especially dessert--pineapple cream cheese wontons! Yum! I had another mango daiquiri like last time but could only finish half of it. There were tons of animals out on the safari and I had a stare down contest with a tiger on the Maharaja Jungle Trek (I wonder what those windows are made out of . . . . ?)

Back to the room by 7, where we spent an hour packing. I had already scheduled bell services to come at 10:45 the next morning. We got up early and had an hour before 10:45 just to rest. Bell services was right on time (they know what they are doing) and got everything where it needed to go. We were checking one bag at resort check-in where we encountered our final SSR indignity. I had booked our airfare through US Airways because we had a $400 credit from where my Mom broke her leg in Feb. and couldn't go last March. However, we were flying on a United flight. There were two gals at Resort Check-In. One started telling me she couldn't check us in because it was a co-share flight. She looked up the flight for US Airways and said, see--it won't let me do it. I told her--two or three times--that we had to check in on United when we flew out. She just kept saying she couldn't do it. I didn't have the United flight number (my error to not have that) and I asked her if she could look it up by time and destination. She said sometimes she could, but it probably wouldn't let her do it. finally, the other gal starts typing and the first girl turns to her and says--what are you doing? and the other girl says "I'm going to help her." Sure enough, within about ten seconds she says "is your name Cheryl?" "Yes," I said, "and my Mom is Doris." She had our boarding passes printed out and our bag checked in about 30 seconds flat. The other girl spent more time arguing that it couldn't be done than the one who helped us took to actually do it. I was extremely thankful for the second lady and extremely annoyed at the first girl. It was the "Disney NO" that I have encountered way too many times recently. Disney's reputation for good customer service is going down the drain.

We had lunch at the counter service place at SSR (which is ok, but not great) and also got a couple extra meals to use up our meal credits and take on the plane. We got to the airport early and enjoyed watching people until it was time to board. I have to say the United personnel were great for the most part--especially that one gate agent.

So girls, that was my trip in a nutshell (a LARGE nutshell). And now? Well, after a year of visiting others, Aunt Flo has suddenly decided to pay me a visit. Oh joy.

Missed you all! Planning now to concentrate on the scavenger hunt!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #3075
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
Just recently here there was a 13-year-old boy who was skateboarding without a helmet and he fell down and bonked his head. Seemed fine, then hours later he is in a coma that he never woke up from. Such a tragedy!
That is a tragedy. So sad. Only 13. Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post

As far as bike helmets go, you HAVE to wear them here. It's the law.....seriously.....and if someone is caught not wearing a helmet while riding a bike or a skateboard or scooter, he/she will be fined. Yep.
It was the law in CA too, which I liked! I wish it was the law here.

Quote:
Make him wear the helmet. Lets be in that club. Ive worked too long in a peds hospital to see what happens when one doesn't wear a helmet.
I agree. It's helmet or nothing. I can't believe how none of the kids here wear them. None. I see large groups of teens skateboarding down the roads and at the skate parks, and they don't have them on. Don't their parents care what happens to them???

Quote:
I can't get any medication because it's a virus so I just gotta rest and take a lot of fluids.
What about that Tamiflu stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post

All of ours where their helmets. On base you can't ride a bike w/o one or the military member of the person caught w/o it will get into trouble.
Wow, they mean business. That's good!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: