Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 12:04 PM   #3001
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Okay, I sent Christabel my hubby's info for the Christmas card list.

Which design of Mel's son are we going with? The retro one?....or the castle one?.....or?
Old 11-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #3002
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post

And I am so very sad reading all the plans. I will and already do truly miss you all
Oh Tracey, I am very sad that you won't be there. This is a work conflict for you, isn't it? A conference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post

Angie.. how funny you and theresa share the same birthday!

Daisy... i can't wait to meet you, i just met angie at my mom's birthday party and she was so sweet!

Today everyone is coming over for grilled burgers and hotdogs, i'm so happy to get to see my family, they've been staying away as not to get sick.
Dawn, great to hear you're feeling so much better.

Where did I miss that Angie shares my birthday???? Is that true that three of us have the same birthday? How weird is that?

And she is a sweetie.

I'm in for the Christmas cards. I will PM Cristabel.

Has anyone here ever gotten whiplash from the gym? I can't believe my neck is getting worse and that's the only thing I could have done to it.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #3003
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

T-shirts, please read, thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
So... i'm a little confuzzled..

Are we going to do a black hoodie in the pirate design Heather made and Dan modified?

And then a t shirt from Melody's son's designs?

or 2 t shirts?

Personally, I'd like to go with the black hoodie and the one t shirt. But of course I'll do what everyone decides on.
We are using the pirate princess design for sure.

It will go on something black. I personally don't wear hoodies, they make me feel as if I'm choking. If it was just a style issue, I'd totally suck it up and wear one, but I literally will end up pulling at my neck all day.

So I think for the pirate princess design it should be done on anything black that each person prefers, a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, a hoodie, or whatever else you can think of. As long as it's black and has that design. We aren't all going to be matching exactly anyway, because some will want the design on front and some on the back. (I'll probably end up making it into a sweatshirt since it could be chilly that time of year and I don't have a sweatshirt to wear.)

Then we will have a poll to see which of Melody's tees we will be using for our other shirt.

And finally we will have the tie dye shirt which is very open and general and can be totally left up to each individual to pick what sort of shirt, color, and style they want for that. It will be fun to see the different varieties of tie dye we all come up with!

And of course we will still have a few days with matching colors. Meaning you wear anything you want to style-wise as long as it falls within a certain color scheme.

Hope that helps to clear up any confusion for everyone.

Last edited by mommaU4; 11-08-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #3004
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Which design of Mel's son are we going with? The retro one?....or the castle one?.....or?
I'm going to get a poll going today. I just didn't have time yesterday. Got caught up in other things. I'll post a link as soon as it's ready, so keep an eye out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
I can't believe my neck is getting worse and that's the only thing I could have done to it.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you can find some relief.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #3005
mommaU4

The t-shirt poll is UP AND READY!!!! Here is the link, http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2326467. Just click on that and cast your vote.
Also there is a link in my signature you can click on as well.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #3006
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

I will send my info to Cristabel.

I am off to the store....I am going to get a super sweet & nice card for Justin, so Capri can go!! To bad we are not flying together.

Have you seen the Frosty the Snowman build a bear??? He is super cute!!!
I totally love SNOWMEN!!
Old 11-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #3007
disney-super-mom
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post

I am off to the store....I am going to get a super sweet & nice card for Justin, so Capri can go!!
You're the WOMAN!!!

I wish we were flying together too. :-(
Old 11-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #3008
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Happy Sunday ladies!!

I had a great time at the party last night. I'll post some pictures later today.

But guess what? I got SICK!!!! Ewww. I am not a happy camper right now. Last night I had a fever and red blotchy grossness all over my body. I think my fever went away, but now I'm coughing and I feel phlegm-y. This is no bueno.

Cristabel, I'm sending you a PM for the Christmas card thing and I'm off to vote for tshirts!
Old 11-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #3009
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

I just voted for the tee.
And guess what. I totally changed my mind at the last minute. Am I weird or what? Oh well, I really will be fine with whatever we decide.

Now to PM Cristabelita with my address for the card exchange.

It is an absolutely beautiful day here in So Cal. Have a great day, everyone.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 11-08-2009, 02:49 PM   #3010
disney-super-mom
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Happy Sunday ladies!!

I had a great time at the party last night. I'll post some pictures later today.

But guess what? I got SICK!!!! Ewww. I am not a happy camper right now. Last night I had a fever and red blotchy grossness all over my body. I think my fever went away, but now I'm coughing and I feel phlegm-y. This is no bueno.

Cristabel, I'm sending you a PM for the Christmas card thing and I'm off to vote for tshirts!
Oh no, I'm sorry you got sick Courtney. That doesn't sound fun at all. Try to get some rest and take it easy today.

(I got sick last night too, but for me, it was just my stomach not agreeing with Arby's. Happens everytime I eat Arby's. I was hoping that wasn't the case anymore.....but nope.....it's still the case. I have to stick with their salads and fresh deli sandwiches to avoid kneeling at the porcelain altar later.)
Old 11-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #3011
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Hi ladies!

Sorry to those who are feeling ill. Man this has been the season for yucks!

Donna, I think I know what you mean. My neck always feels wrong, and sometimes I think I strained too hard at the gym one or two times. Who knows? I seem to take alot of IBs to help it out. Especially at night when I go to bed. Of course when I am at DL, I love me some rides, and I have to be really careful. Phooey!!

Steph!! Woo hoo or passing your tests!! CONGRATS!!!!!

Beth, when you are referring to hoodies, do you mean the pullover kind or the zipper kind. Some pullovers pull at my neck too if that is what you mean. Ha........maybe that is why they call them that.

A BIG
thankyou
for posting the t-shirt poll too!!
Old 11-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #3012
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

I just got back from Christmas Carol and it is AWESOME!! We saw it on the Imax and it is SO worth it to see it on that! SO real! LOVED it! It IS a bit scary in parts so I don't know that I would take younger kids. Mine were fine with it but even Katy my 9 year old thinks it was scary in parts. It is amazing though and I highly recommend it!

Ok I am off to vote for the T-shirts!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 11-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #3013
disney-super-mom
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

Beth, when you are referring to hoodies, do you mean the pullover kind or the zipper kind. Some pullovers pull at my neck too if that is what you mean. Ha........maybe that is why they call them that.
It's funny that you mention this. Whenever I think of hoodies, I ONLY think of the zip-up kind. I never think of the pullover kind because I would never wear a pullover for the same reason as Beth mentioned.....they make me feel like I'm choking because the hood pulls back on the neck of the sweatshirt. But with zip-ups, you don't have that same problem.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #3014
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
It's funny that you mention this. Whenever I think of hoodies, I ONLY think of the zip-up kind. I never think of the pullover kind because I would never wear a pullover for the same reason as Beth mentioned.....they make me feel like I'm choking because the hood pulls back on the neck of the sweatshirt. But with zip-ups, you don't have that same problem.
Old Navy has all sorts of hoodies to choose from with zips and without. Some of the pull-overs have low necklines to prevent the "pulling". Really cute options, gals!

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
Old 11-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #3015
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

I wear hoodies but it has to be a zip up one or I feel like I'm trapped in it. Also if I want to take it off it musses up my hair. Although, I probably will just go with a black t-shirt because I get hot very quickly; especially with Anaheim's humidity.

Lazy, lazy Sunday here. We're all sleeping. My parents are at dinner with some friends so Diana, Tyrae, me and Anais are here at the house.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: