Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #271
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Cristabel - Love the new do. Its super cute. And like Cheryl said, check on your classes. The cutbacks were talked about in the news today. Hope nothing changes for you.

Beth - Congrats with the good news at the doctor and dentist.

Courtney - sorry to hear about your aunt. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Stacielee- when you talk about goiter, all I can think about is that Sienfeld episode with the lady who had the football shaped goiter sticking out of her neck.

Amy Sue- Just saying hello now that I am not standing in the middle of a corn field. lol

Steph - Hey there!

Wendy, Mel and Dawn - thanks for working on the scavenger hunt. You guys rock!!!

Hope eveyrone else is enjoying their friday! We will be heading out to Magic Mountain tomorrow for the day. Wish me luck. I haven't been there since before Tay was born.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 08-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #272
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post

Hope eveyrone else is enjoying their friday! We will be heading out to Magic Mountain tomorrow for the day. Wish me luck. I haven't been there since before Tay was born.
Have fun at MM. Let me know if you try Tatsu.
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2009, 08:07 PM   #273
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post

DBF and I are going to take the boat out and go fishing. I just got a cute Pink fishing pole from WalMart.
Awww, cute. A pink pole for a Princess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Good morning and Happy Friday everyone!

Last night we went, well I didn't, but Bob and his climbing group went rock climbing...I only watch because I haven't really gotten the nerve up to try it and not sure I ever will. It was a beautiful night and when it got too dark we went to a favorite Mexican food restaurant it was really nice to get out with adults and enjoy adult conversation, it's been awhile!

Tonight we get another 'alone' night and we are off to the Hollywood Bowl to hear Tchaikovsky with fireworks.

Tomorrow I am taking Bob's DS to the D23 Walt Disney Studio's Archive tour. We are both really excited.
Wow, you are having a good time right now!! Lots of fun things going on. I'm jealous. lol Enjoy everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerTggr View Post
DH & I will be going to Costco. We our monthly costco trips.
Don't forget to sample everything! That's my favorite part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
My aunt (My Dad's brother's wife) passed away yesterday, so I stayed home with my parents.
Oh hon, I'm so sorry to hear that. It was nice of you to be home and be there for your parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
I went to the doctor about a month ago and she said my neck looked swollen so she had me get an ultrasound and I have a "multi-nodular goiter"! Only one of the nodules was big enough that the endocrinologist felt she needed to do a biopsy. The blood test on my thyroid came back fine, but I still think there's an issue there. My mom, aunt & grandma all had low thyroid problems and took thyroid medicine. I'm sure I'll be next.
Huh. I see. Well, good thing you are taking steps to get it checked out. I'm glad the blood test came back ok. My family (my mom, aunts and grandma) all take medication for their thyroid. I'm sure at some point I will too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Afternoon all! I'm BAAAAAACK!
Kelly!! Welcome back!! I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you trip was going.
I'm glad to hear over all it went well. Sorry you were in pain though. That sucks. You were a trooper to keep on going for the rest of the family though.
Love the pics. Thanks for sharing. And yes, don't you just love adventures in traveling??? There is always something, I tell ya. lol

Quote:
Hope everyone else is enjoying their friday! We will be heading out to Magic Mountain tomorrow for the day. Wish me luck. I haven't been there since before Tay was born.
Good luck!!! That place scares me! The people and the rides. lol
Old 08-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #274
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Stacielee- when you talk about goiter, all I can think about is that Sienfeld episode with the lady who had the football shaped goiter sticking out of her neck.
I know! That's the first thing I thought about, too!!

Have fun at MM!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #275
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Have fun at MM. Let me know if you try Tatsu.
If thats a big scary ride, then I probably won't be trying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Good luck!!! That place scares me! The people and the rides. lol
No worries, they have metal detectors and wands before you enter.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:35 PM   #276
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

I finally finished my Diva Las Vegas Trip Report!!!

Old 08-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #277
cheshiregirl

Prayers do work
Maseca!

My last few posts have been on the Turkey Time in Vegas thread and I know that not all of you visit that thread, so I thought I would just pop by to say hello.

It's been super, super crazy at work and is only going to get busier as the students starting moving back onto campus next Thursday and classes begin on the 24th. I have to work until at least 10 pm every night that week due to all the programs and events that will be going on. But then it will quickly be Labor Day and we'll be off to DLR to celebrate Ty's 2nd birthday!!!

The biggest news in my world is that we booked a weeklong WDW trip for the week of May 10th today. As of right now we are booked at All Star Sports since we tend to spend so little time in our room, but that may change down the road. I am using a Disney only travel agent and I love, love, love her! She and I literally talked for almost an hour today and all I was really calling to do was to make my deposit.

It's funny: I've only been on two WDW vacations, but I feel like something of an expert. And yet, I am totally using a travel agent if for no other reason than it means that I won't have to be up at 4 am one morning to make all of our ADRs! It will be fabulous to have someone else worrying about getting LeCellier dinner ressies , etc. And, if and when any discounts become available for our travel dates she will automatically rebook us to get the best deal. Oh, and the best part was that the initial price she got us was $100 less than I was able to find on WDW site!

Have a fantabulous weekend everyone!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #278
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Just stopping in to say good night. It's been a long day. Good news though! No biopsy for me and no cavities for Adam or Noelle. Thanks for all the support and well wishes from everyone. It means a lot to me.

I'm tired now and headed off to bed. Sweet dreams all!!
I'm a bit late per the usual, but great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
My new 'do!
It's a simple bob with a little bit of bangs. Diana is going to dye it for me before I leave next Wednesday. It feels so good not having to put my hair up in a pony tail anymore.

Very Cute Cristabel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
I went to the doctor about a month ago and she said my neck looked swollen so she had me get an ultrasound and I have a "multi-nodular goiter"! Only one of the nodules was big enough that the endocrinologist felt she needed to do a biopsy. The blood test on my thyroid came back fine, but I still think there's an issue there. My mom, aunt & grandma all had low thyroid problems and took thyroid medicine. I'm sure I'll be next.
Ouch! Hope it all turns out okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
So sorry to hear about your aunt
Me too Courtney.

Quote:
You go Girl!
Old 08-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #279
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Hey all, haven't had time to read back but I finally am able to post the pic of my Disneyland cake! Hope you like it!

Sarah

Old 08-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #280
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Welcome home, Kelly!

OK, girls. I know not all of you are on FB, so I have to tell you what happened to me today. I have three catering jobs this weekend, so I was at Costco, picking up a cartload of things they don't carry at Restaurant Depot. I was in line at the register, and the couple in front of me had separate orders and an expired membership. So it took a while for them to finish up. And just when I handed the clerk my membership card, the power went out. I waited maybe 20 minutes or so, because I needed my stuff! The power finally came up for about 1 minute and went out again. And then we started smelling smoke, and people started running from behind closed doors yelling "evacuate, evacuate!" So I left in a somewhat orderly fashion without my goods, and had to go to another Costco across town.

Fun times!

Old 08-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #281
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Hey all, haven't had time to read back but I finally am able to post the pic of my Disneyland cake! Hope you like it!

Sarah
I LOVE it Sarah!!!

Old 08-14-2009, 11:58 PM   #282
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post

The biggest news in my world is that we booked a weeklong WDW trip for the week of May 10th today. As of right now we are booked at All Star Sports since we tend to spend so little time in our room, but that may change down the road. I am using a Disney only travel agent and I love, love, love her! She and I literally talked for almost an hour today and all I was really calling to do was to make my deposit.
Yay for WDW!!!!!

Quote:

Sarah
Very cute! I would love to have something like that at a party! Do you Fed Ex? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
OK, girls. I know not all of you are on FB, so I have to tell you what happened to me today. I have three catering jobs this weekend, so I was at Costco, picking up a cartload of things they don't carry at Restaurant Depot. I was in line at the register, and the couple in front of me had separate orders and an expired membership. So it took a while for them to finish up. And just when I handed the clerk my membership card, the power went out. I waited maybe 20 minutes or so, because I needed my stuff! The power finally came up for about 1 minute and went out again. And then we started smelling smoke, and people started running from behind closed doors yelling "evacuate, evacuate!" So I left in a somewhat orderly fashion without my goods, and had to go to another Costco across town.

Fun times!
Tina--I saw that on FB--how scary (not to mention annoying!)

Old 08-15-2009, 12:28 AM   #283
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

We went to my grandparents and my Mom made dinner. It was really nice. My aunt's funeral is on Wednesday. I think I'll just take the day off again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
So sorry to hear about your aunt
Thank you.

Quote:
Sorry about your aunt, Courtney.
Thank you so much, Tina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Courtney: I'm sorry about your aunt.
Thank you, Cheryl.

Quote:
Courtney - sorry to hear about your aunt. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Thanks, Stacie. Have a great time at Magic Mountain!

Quote:
Oh hon, I'm so sorry to hear that. It was nice of you to be home and be there for your parents.
Thank you, Beth.

Quote:

Sarah
Holy cow, lady, that is fantastic! Great job!!

Quote:
How freaking weird. Did you ever figure out what had happened?

Kelly, welcome home! Glad you had a great trip and what great pictures!!
Old 08-15-2009, 01:21 AM   #284
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Gracious...I stop visiting the thread a month or so and see all the talking that happens?

I just went back only a few pages...christabel that cut is great, and you're looking really terrific! Courtney, sorry about your aunt. Cheryl, I keeping meaning to PM you, but in case I forget again, check your office mail (the address you gave me way back in March)! American Girl...all the talk reminds me of the scene in The Gameplan... DC is great. OK that's all I can remember.

No trips planned for the near future at all...will really only know about any all-female trips right before it...we got all brainwashed by the whole Ramsey thing and are trying to smash down our car loan right now. Then it's DVC up next...convenient timing, to get into Ramsey, AFTER buying in, right? If we'd gotten into it before, we wouldn't have bought. I think that's calling having our cake and eating it too, LOL. Robert's back at amazon, a product tester, and he's off on a quick international trip (very quick...leaves Sunday morning, comes back Monday afternoon) to check if something works somewhere. I knew it was coming, but I'm all bummed about it. Surely it can't have anything to do with the fact that Monday is our anniversary, can it?

We joined the YMCA, E is taking gymnastics classes, I finally got to work out, the drug Robert's taking for the pituitary tumor thing continues to have visible results as he melts off the poundage all the prolactin in his system had put on... Seems to be all good 'round here, except for my bummed out mood about the business trip, quick as it will be.

Tomorrow's the big company picnic, and it won't be nearly as hot as it was last year, so hopefully I won't have to spend an hour or more in the 1st Aid tent again. We're also not taking Robert's niece, so that's good...if any of you saw my confused/desperate post on the CB last year 'round this time, where my post got one of the very very few unanimous answers on the CB, you know I'm very glad she won't be around. Sad sad sad when you can't trust a 9 year old around your littler kid...she's just lived a really rough life, and seems to be taking away all the WRONG things. Gotta protect my dude, and her mom won't listen to us, so there's nothing (short of calling the authorities) we can do. Anyway, she won't be with us for this picnic, and that's good.

So that's about all that's up with me, should anyone wonder.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 08-15-2009, 01:45 AM   #285
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:

No worries, they have metal detectors and wands before you enter.
LOL Good!

Quote:
LOVED it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
But then it will quickly be Labor Day and we'll be off to DLR to celebrate Ty's 2nd birthday!!!

The biggest news in my world is that we booked a weeklong WDW trip for the week of May 10th today.
YAY for the upcoming b-day trip and for booking WDW!!! Hang in there through those late nights.

Quote:

Sarah
I love it. GREAT work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post

Tina--I saw that on FB--how scary (not to mention annoying!)
I know! Yikes.

Molly, good to see you! I'm glad to hear overall things are well with you. Sorry about the business trip over your anniversary. I hope the two of you are still able to do something nice at some point.

Night ladies!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: