Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #241
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Hi everyone.

Beth I hope all went well at your doctor's appointment.

AmySue have a great time at American Girl. We took our girls there on Valentine's Day and they didn't want to leave. I told them when I win the lottery then we'll go back and they can get whatever they want. They did each pick out their dolls and one accessory/outfit/furniture piece. The experience is so much fun.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 08-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #242
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Very Cool! Will the Entertainment part focus on amusement type tourism or movie type entertainment? I work for a hospitality technology company specializing in hotels/resorts so when you get finished let me know if you want to work in the hotel business because I have grreat hotel connections with some really cool properties.

My degree was in Business Administration with a concentration in E-Business Management (Internet), nothing to do with hospitality and I have never worked in a hotel even though I think it would be fun! I was a travel agent for 5 years many years ago.

I'm excited for you! I loved going to college even more the second time around and I sometimes think of going back to work on my Masters at a leisurely pace.
I think it's more focused on the entertainment part but I really want to work for either: Disney, AAA, or my own travel agency. I love to travel and I love planning the trip just as much! I kind of want to work with the VIP guests and high-rollers Like corporate or celebrities but then I think about it and I can just imagine them being bratty and ruining my life! I love Disney so either working for the Walt Disney Travel Co. or one of their hotels would be lovely! Plus, free admission But I would be more than grateful for any help you could give!

I'm off to meet my sister at Bed, bath & Beyond.
I got a haircut today so I'll show you guys later.
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #243
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

I've been to the AG store in Chicago. Not sure if they are the same, but the one there was 3 stories. A story with dolls, a story for the Tea Room and beauty salon for the dolls, and a story for a theater, and history.

My oldest DD looooved her Samantha doll. She has the original doll when the company had just started. She has most of all her clothes and the bed too. They had matching nighties. My DD is now 26. She loved that doll so much that she took her everywhere, and slept with her. She would have given anything to go to an AG girl store and have tea and cookies there. I know this sounds really silly, but when I went to the Chicago store a few years ago, and saw the Tea Room with all the little girls and their dolls, I got teary eyed. All I could think about, was how Becky would have loved this. But alas................she had long gone grown out of Samantha. So sad...........to see your children grow. Ok....now I am teary eyed all again.

Ladies, hold onto to your children. Hug them, put them on your lap, and carry them for as loooooooooong as possible. I used to tell Kaitlyn, my baby who is now 15, that she had to stop growing. I didn't want the day to come, when I couldn't lift her up into my arms anymore. She'd always respond back by saying, "But Mama, I have to grow."

Have fun Amy Sue!
Watch that, you made ME all teary. My DD is already 9, just a minute ago she was just starting preschool, I know in another minute she won't want to go to the AG event with me. So, despite my doll misgivings...I am doing the AG thing up big!!! My Claire has been in negotiations with me for a month whether or not she is going to be allowed to select a doll tomorrow. SHe has a "just like me" that she was given when she was 6 by her aunties, but she now has interest in the historical dolls. I still am unsure....I guess if she behaves...it is a done deal!!! We did have 47 dollars in our change jar, so that will get us started!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerTggr View Post
The cafe thing totally reminds me of an episode of Gilmore Girls where they hosted a doll breakfast. They had planned for tiny chairs & tea for the dolls even.

Excited to see pics (though dolls also freak me out).
I LOVED the Gilmore girls!!! I remember that episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
I want pics of AmySue sitting with the dolls!

!
You, my dear, have an afore unnoticed cruel streak, I am just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Hi everyone.

AmySue have a great time at American Girl. We took our girls there on Valentine's Day and they didn't want to leave. I told them when I win the lottery then we'll go back and they can get whatever they want. They did each pick out their dolls and one accessory/outfit/furniture piece. The experience is so much fun.

steph

Steph, I am glad to hear you say that since you don't strike me as being much the doll type yourself!!!

As for photos with me and the dolls, might be taken, but I am somehow biologically unable to post photos. It just doesn't work for me...just doesn't.

TTYL!!!

AmySUe
Old 08-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #244
disney-inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Watch that, you made ME all teary. My DD is already 9, just a minute ago she was just starting preschool, I know in another minute she won't want to go to the AG event with me. So, despite my doll misgivings...I am doing the AG thing up big!!! My Claire has been in negotiations with me for a month whether or not she is going to be allowed to select a doll tomorrow. SHe has a "just like me" that she was given when she was 6 by her aunties, but she now has interest in the historical dolls. I still am unsure....I guess if she behaves...it is a done deal!!! We did have 47 dollars in our change jar, so that will get us started!!!

As for photos with me and the dolls, might be taken, but I am somehow biologically unable to post photos. It just doesn't work for me...just doesn't.

TTYL!!!

AmySUe
I want to see pictures, too. I was never really into dolls. My grandmother bought me a handful of porcelain dolls but I just kept them in the garage. Last Christmas I was tight on money and instead of buying some useless trinket or toy that would last maybe a day, I decided to clean and give my porcelain dolls to my four youngest cousins (ages: 6,7,8,9). They are definitely girly-girls and thought the dolls were very pretty. The moms did, too

I was an avid Cabbage Patch collector when I was a kid, not really by choice because they were birthday and Christmas gifts. When I started getting older I was still drawn to them and thought they were the cutest things. I plan on buying them if I have a daughter. I also collected trolls
Old 08-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #245
disney-inspired

Amy, if you want to post pictures you can e-mail them to me and I'll happily put them up here.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:40 PM   #246
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Just stopping in to say good night. It's been a long day. Good news though! No biopsy for me and no cavities for Adam or Noelle. Thanks for all the support and well wishes from everyone. It means a lot to me.

I'm tired now and headed off to bed. Sweet dreams all!!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:44 PM   #247
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Just stopping in to say good night. It's been a long day. Good news though! No biopsy for me and no cavities for Adam or Noelle. Thanks for all the support and well wishes from everyone. It means a lot to me.

That's great news all the way around, Beth!

G'night!

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
Old 08-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #248
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Quote:
Good news though! No biopsy for me and no cavities for Adam or Noelle. Thanks for all the support and well wishes from everyone. It means a lot to me.

YAY!!! That's great news!

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 08-13-2009, 11:12 PM   #249
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:

Add my WAHOO!

Old 08-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #250
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:

Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-13-2009, 11:49 PM   #251
disney-inspired

Quote:

That's great news!
Good night!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:50 PM   #252
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:

Terrific news, Beth. That's wonderful.
I'm off to bed, too.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 08-13-2009, 11:54 PM   #253
disney-inspired

My new 'do!
It's a simple bob with a little bit of bangs. Diana is going to dye it for me before I leave next Wednesday. It feels so good not having to put my hair up in a pony tail anymore.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:08 AM   #254
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Super cute, Cristabel!!!

Old 08-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #255
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
AmySUe
Be prepared!! Probably by the time you leave, YOU will want a doll too! But if Claire gets a doll, then all of the books, clothes and accessories make great gifts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
I was an avid Cabbage Patch collector when I was a kid, not really by choice because they were birthday and Christmas gifts. When I started getting older I was still drawn to them and thought they were the cutest things. I plan on buying them if I have a daughter. I also collected trolls
I also liked Trolls. If anyone is in my age group, you know they were really really big. I had every size imaginable, every hair color, clothes and I used to make them their furniture. The girl up the street from me, had more than me, and that made me mad. But my biggest love was Barbie!!! I loved Barbie, and all of her friends...........including Ken. That same girl and I would spend hours playing with them.

Quote:

Beth, that is the most wonderful news. What a relief, it must be. I'm sure you had nice sweet dreams last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
My new 'do!
It's a simple bob with a little bit of bangs. Diana is going to dye it for me before I leave next Wednesday. It feels so good not having to put my hair up in a pony tail anymore.

Looks good Cristabel!! What color are you looking for?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: