Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #226
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
That's what I was going to say. If it works out, fine; if it doesn't, not fine, but what can you do about it? We'll be fine, I'm assuming Callie will miss us/DL so much she won't be able to resist coming!! But you still know we want you to come, if at all possible, even at the last minute. That's what roll-aways are for!!
Aw thanks Stacie. I'll keep you guys posted. A roll away would work for me, afterall, it is DL!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #227
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerTggr View Post
Oh no! I sometimes get those too. No idea what they are (I'm 30, I shouldn't still be growing). Hope it goes away soon!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Courtney, I hope you feel better soon. I hate those pains!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Yikes! If it persists, make sure you get it checked out.
Thank you girls. I feel better than I did earlier, but it's still there a little bit. If it doesn't go away by Friday I'll go to the Urgent Care (since I probably won't get in to my pcp until September or something).
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
Hi Everyone, hope you all are doing well.

It's very possible I won't be able to make the Feb trip now afterall.

I just wanted to give some notice so if my roomies wanted to find a new roomie it's ok. I won't know for sure until it gets closer, (unfortunately) but as for now, it's not looking good.

So upset right now I can't even talk about it....just know I appreciate you girls very much.
Hope everything is okay.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #228
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Glad to hear that your loan came through!! We are slowly getting my DD's load together but it's been a use PITA! She'll have to get a great paying job too to pay these off. I'll help her some but I also have to save if I ever want to retirement...geez never ending! What will you be majoring in?
I'll be majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Entertainment & Tourism. I wish it was hospitality & tourism, though.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 AM   #229
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:

I just wanted to give some notice so if my roomies wanted to find a new roomie it's ok. I won't know for sure until it gets closer, (unfortunately) but as for now, it's not looking good.

So upset right now I can't even talk about it....just know I appreciate you girls very much.
Oh Janelle, I'm sorry to hear this. But it's a long ways off still. You never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
I'll be majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Entertainment & Tourism. I wish it was hospitality & tourism, though.
You can come work in Vegas!

Night ladies!! Sweet dreams.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #230
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:

Oh Janelle, I hope everything works out. It's long way off, so you never know what's going to happen.

Good morning ladies! I have been busy busy busy! I'm telling you, I can't wait until we arein the position to hire some help. My body is feeling like it's 80 years ole lately. But we're building every week, so I know it will be coming soon.

On another note, I saw Julie and Julia last nigth and I loved it! Not surprising, I know! But if you enjoy cooking or still trying to figure out what you want to bewhen you grow up, go see it.

I hope you all have a great day!!!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #231
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good morning ladies!!

I've got a busy day ahead of me. Going to the breast surgeon today to follow up on my mammo and find out if she wants to do a biopsy or not. I'm hoping not. lol
Then later Adam and Noelle both have dentist appointments. So over all, just a really fun day planned.

NOT!

Anyway, I hope you are all happy, healthy, and have a good day. TTYL!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #232
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Good luck, Beth!

Old 08-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #233
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Very Cool! Will the Entertainment part focus on amusement type tourism or movie type entertainment? I work for a hospitality technology company specializing in hotels/resorts so when you get finished let me know if you want to work in the hotel business because I have grreat hotel connections with some really cool properties.

My degree was in Business Administration with a concentration in E-Business Management (Internet), nothing to do with hospitality and I have never worked in a hotel even though I think it would be fun! I was a travel agent for 5 years many years ago.

I'm excited for you! I loved going to college even more the second time around and I sometimes think of going back to work on my Masters at a leisurely pace.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #234
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Morning all!!

Good luck today Beth...my trip to the eye doctor with my DD was pretty uneventful and full of good news. She doesn't need new lenses yet. Oh hurrah. We get the color changing ones since we are in sunny San Diego, and when we bought this current pair..including the grooviest frames....the were $450!! Pretty awesomely cool to not need new ones yet!!

It's typical, I know, , I will go to COstco and get my own glasses (139 with frames) but go for the good stuff for her!!

Other than that today is laundry/ironing day. I already put in 30 hours at work in 3 days, so am enjoying the day off.

Tomorrow I am taking my DD9 to the American Girl Store in LA for lunch/doll hair styles/ the works. So one of our errands today is to take our money jar to CoinStar to see what we can buy!!!! My DD's favorite Aunt is joining us, so should be a fun day....if I can get over the discomfort I have being surrounded by dolls with blinky eyes all staring at me. Don't like clowns or mimes either!!

As for everyone....I hope all problems become lighter, stresses become easier to bear, and everyone has a good day!!!

AmySue
Old 08-13-2009, 12:23 PM   #235
KerTggr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
On another note, I saw Julie and Julia last nigth and I loved it! Not surprising, I know! But if you enjoy cooking or still trying to figure out what you want to bewhen you grow up, go see it.
I am so excited to see this! I'm a big Julia Childs & Amy Adams fan! Glad to hear you liked it.

Quote:
I've got a busy day ahead of me. Going to the breast surgeon today to follow up on my mammo and find out if she wants to do a biopsy or not. I'm hoping not. lol
Good Luck, Beth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Tomorrow I am taking my DD9 to the American Girl Store in LA for lunch/doll hair styles/ the works. So one of our errands today is to take our money jar to CoinStar to see what we can buy!!!! My DD's favorite Aunt is joining us, so should be a fun day....if I can get over the discomfort I have being surrounded by dolls with blinky eyes all staring at me. Don't like clowns or mimes either!!
AmySue - I have a friend who is coming down from WA and going to be taking her daughter to the American Girl Store. I have heard of American Girl, but the store sounds like more than a store. What is there?
Old 08-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #236
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerTggr View Post
I am so excited to see this! I'm a big Julia Childs & Amy Adams fan! Glad to hear you liked it.

Good Luck, Beth!

AmySue - I have a friend who is coming down from WA and going to be taking her daughter to the American Girl Store. I have heard of American Girl, but the store sounds like more than a store. What is there?
Well, I have never been, but I hear it is a big extravaganza!! We have reservations in the cafe where we get to dine with our dolls we bring...apparently they supply chairs for the doll. Then the retail area is supposed to be quite huge with all of the historical dolls in individual locations/nooks with all of the accessory items set up...kind of like scenes is what my DD tells me.

There is a doll hair studio where you can get your AG doll's tresses all gussied up, even get the doll's ears pierced for pities sake!!

A photo studio where the girl and her doll can get a mock up cover of the AG magazine.

I am sure there is more, I just don't remember. They have tons of special events that you can sign up for...none going on when we are there..but cooking with the theme of one of the historical dolls, or crafts.

SO, it is a big thing. AND totally not my thing. I never liked dolls, never played with them, and find their vacant stares a bit unnerving. My DD is SO excited that I know I will have fun too!!!

We are just doing lunch/doll hair and shopping....that is enough money for me!!!

Okay, back to your regular programming....no more AG store commercial!!

AmySUe

OH, I will post more after our visit so you can share with your friend!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #237
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Hey girls. I've been feeling so weird today. I have this chest pain that won't go away. I've gotten the same pain occasionally, but today it's been since I woke up. It feels like a muscle if anything, especially when I bend and twist.
Hmm? If it persist, maybe you should see a doctor. Take care!

Quote:

Oh, Janelle.......this is sad news. I hope that by the time the new year is here, that things will look waaaaaaaaaaay better, and you can give us some good news. Please keep talking with us, and don't give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Thank you girls. I feel better than I did earlier, but it's still there a little bit. If it doesn't go away by Friday I'll go to the Urgent Care (since I probably won't get in to my pcp until September or something).
I'm glad that you are feeling better.

Quote:
Oooh.........this sounds like a good choice for you!

Quote:

I hope you all have a great day!!!
I'm looking forward to seeing this movie. I also love to cook, and am anxious to see what it is all about!

Quote:
Good morning ladies!!

Then later Adam and Noelle both have dentist appointments. So over all, just a really fun day planned.

NOT!

Anyway, I hope you are all happy, healthy, and have a good day. TTYL!
HI ya Beth! I hope you get some good news today from the doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Very Cool! Will the Entertainment part focus on amusement type tourism or movie type entertainment? I work for a hospitality technology company specializing in hotels/resorts so when you get finished let me know if you want to work in the hotel business because I have grreat hotel connections with some really cool properties.

My degree was in Business Administration with a concentration in E-Business Management (Internet), nothing to do with hospitality and I have never worked in a hotel even though I think it would be fun! I was a travel agent for 5 years many years ago.

I'm excited for you! I loved going to college even more the second time around and I sometimes think of going back to work on my Masters at a leisurely pace.
I always thought it would be fun to be a travel agent. I looooooooooove to travel and plan trips. My friends are always asking for advice about something.

Quote:
Good luck today Beth...my trip to the eye doctor with my DD was pretty uneventful and full of good news. She doesn't need new lenses yet. Oh hurrah. We get the color changing ones since we are in sunny San Diego, and when we bought this current pair..including the grooviest frames....the were $450!! Pretty awesomely cool to not need new ones yet!!

It's typical, I know, , I will go to COstco and get my own glasses (139 with frames) but go for the good stuff for her!!

Other than that today is laundry/ironing day. I already put in 30 hours at work in 3 days, so am enjoying the day off.

As for everyone....I hope all problems become lighter, stresses become easier to bear, and everyone has a good day!!!

AmySue
I've been to the AG store in Chicago. Not sure if they are the same, but the one there was 3 stories. A story with dolls, a story for the Tea Room and beauty salon for the dolls, and a story for a theater, and history.

My oldest DD looooved her Samantha doll. She has the original doll when the company had just started. She has most of all her clothes and the bed too. They had matching nighties. My DD is now 26. She loved that doll so much that she took her everywhere, and slept with her. She would have given anything to go to an AG girl store and have tea and cookies there. I know this sounds really silly, but when I went to the Chicago store a few years ago, and saw the Tea Room with all the little girls and their dolls, I got teary eyed. All I could think about, was how Becky would have loved this. But alas................she had long gone grown out of Samantha. So sad...........to see your children grow. Ok....now I am teary eyed all again.

Ladies, hold onto to your children. Hug them, put them on your lap, and carry them for as loooooooooong as possible. I used to tell Kaitlyn, my baby who is now 15, that she had to stop growing. I didn't want the day to come, when I couldn't lift her up into my arms anymore. She'd always respond back by saying, "But Mama, I have to grow."

Have fun Amy Sue!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #238
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Just a quick hello! Mel, you are so right. Those babies grow up too fast. I never did have a girl though, so can't imagine a tea party. Have fun AmySue.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #239
KerTggr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, I have never been, but I hear it is a big extravaganza!! We have reservations in the cafe where we get to dine with our dolls we bring...apparently they supply chairs for the doll. Then the retail area is supposed to be quite huge with all of the historical dolls in individual locations/nooks with all of the accessory items set up...kind of like scenes is what my DD tells me.

AmySUe

OH, I will post more after our visit so you can share with your friend!!!
The cafe thing totally reminds me of an episode of Gilmore Girls where they hosted a doll breakfast. They had planned for tiny chairs & tea for the dolls even.

Excited to see pics (though dolls also freak me out).
Old 08-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #240
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

I want pics of AmySue sitting with the dolls!

Can I just say I can't wait for all the fun events coming up!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: