Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 01:39 AM   #2311
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Hey all! It's been crazy lately but I am thinking of you all often! I haven't had a chance to read back, so I hope everyone is doing well.

Later,
Sarah

Old 10-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #2312
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning and Happy Hump day!

Safe travels to those that are leaving today or are already on their way!! We still have one more day. We don't leave till tomorrow night!

I was going to call my doc's office to confirm my apt and then they called ME to say that he was going in to surgery yesterday and that they wanted to change my apt to the morning. SOOOO at least I knew I was on the schedule at least So I went down at 10 instead of 3 and then they didn't have me on the schedule for EITHER time and it was totally packed with all these people that had apts and then the ones they were trying to fit in. It was nuts. But at least I got in to see him and he is keeping me on the current meds and gave me a scrip for a NEW one to try for a month and then he said if that didn't work I may have to do botox injections. UGH! I would have to go under anesthesia and have them injected directly into my bladder and he said that the women who have to have that usually have to do it once a year I guess forever or whatever. I hope that isn't the case. But anyway we shall see!

I also went upstairs to open the blinds to let the sun in to warm up the house and I had been noticing that someone kept closing the one in our middle bedroom and couldn't figure out why because there was NO reason for it. Our middle room is a play room for the girls and in the winter I open up the blinds to let the sun warm up the house and cut down on the heat bills. Well the girls close their blinds at night in their rooms and I have to remind them to open them back up during the day but there is NO reason for that one to be closed. No one goes in there except to get the toys or whatever and that blind should have been left open. Well it was closed and all the stuffed animals were piled up against it. So I opened it up and noticed that the screen was cut. Lynn has been sneaking out AGAIN! I was lvid. I mean it just NEVER ends with that kid. She has gotten in trouble for something like every other day the last week. It is just relentless!

So my parents picked her up to take her to work and had a long talk with her and convinced her that joining the marines was probably NOT the smartest thing but they think that joining the military IS a good idea since she doesn't have a whole lot of options at this point and so she is going to look into other branches. It is either that or she is GOING to end up back in juvey. She just KEEPS messing up and it is only a matter of time! I will admit though I am skeptical about her even being able to make it in the military. I hope she doesn't screw this up too cuz this is honestly her last hope.

Anyway today I am just going to be doing more stuff around here to get ready for tomorrow and mom is taking her with her to Truckee and then the girls have church tonight and that's bout it.

Hope everyone has a great day and ttyl!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #2313
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Good morning divas!

It's early and I'm so frustrated!

At work, I'm a receptionist and a file clerk. I share my job with 2 other people. We alternate days on who does what. There's a new kid (he's 20) who starting working in the same position as me in July. He calls in sick about once a week. When I first started working here (2 years ago), my boss made it very clear to me in my interview she does not tolerate people who call in sick constantly. Well what does this kid do? Call in sick. Constantly. He called in sick today. Last time he called in sick was last Tuesday, while I was in Laughlin.

There are many other issues with him. Like actually doing his work. He sits on the computer all day on Twitter, (not that I'm on the Dis, but I do get my work done!) even when a computer isn't need to do his work! People complain about him, but telling our boss doesn't do much. She says okay, but doesn't take action unless she sees it. And does she see it? Who knows. I think she does and she doesn't say anything to him.

I guess it's just frustrating when I work very hard and make sure all my work is done and done on time and there are people who don't care and get away with it.... Thank you for letting me rant, girls.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #2314
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Good morning divas!

It's early and I'm so frustrated!

At work, I'm a receptionist and a file clerk. I share my job with 2 other people. We alternate days on who does what. There's a new kid (he's 20) who starting working in the same position as me in July. He calls in sick about once a week. When I first started working here (2 years ago), my boss made it very clear to me in my interview she does not tolerate people who call in sick constantly. Well what does this kid do? Call in sick. Constantly. He called in sick today. Last time he called in sick was last Tuesday, while I was in Laughlin.

There are many other issues with him. Like actually doing his work. He sits on the computer all day on Twitter, (not that I'm on the Dis, but I do get my work done!) even when a computer isn't need to do his work! People complain about him, but telling our boss doesn't do much. She says okay, but doesn't take action unless she sees it. And does she see it? Who knows. I think she does and she doesn't say anything to him.

I guess it's just frustrating when I work very hard and make sure all my work is done and done on time and there are people who don't care and get away with it.... Thank you for letting me rant, girls.
Courtney - I'm sorry, that really does stink! I can relate though and sometimes that's just how it is. That's why I work for myself now I got tired of working in places were some people did diddly and others did more than what was expected, but the pay was equal across the board. Now I control what I do and how much money I earn and if I'm cheesed off at anyone, it's me

Chin up and keep doing a good job - it does matter
Old 10-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #2315
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Hey Bridgette--I heard from someone that they sell approx. 1,000 tickets the day of so that might be a solution.
Thanks Cheryl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Bridgette good to see you! So glad we are still going to get to meet!!
Hopefully I'll still see some of you! If you see me don't be shy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Hey stranger! Glad you're doing well and we'll get to see you this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Please pray for my grandpa!
He's heading into surgery at 6pm. They are putting in the pacemaker after all.
The doctor said the surgery isn't as severe as the last one because they will be attaching the pacemaker adjacent to the heart but not actually in it. But surgery is surgery so we're all still a bit worried. I have faith that everything will go successfully but extra prayers never hurt!

Thanks girls, you are a great bunch of friends!
Continuing to pray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
Here's a picture of the shirts I made for DD and I for Halloween at DL:

I may be ready to make my own for February!! Just not sure what colors!!
Love those shirts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
I would be very frustrated too. You're such a hard worker, keep it up! It's okay to vent!
Old 10-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #2316
grizbuzz
DIS Veteran

Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone is having fun with Halloween preparations, especially those going to DL!!! Yeah!

Just want to report in from Switzerland. Making progress on three fronts:

1) Laundry: finally got a laundry card from my landlord which means I can use the laundry machines down in the basement. I'm the the schedule for Thursday nights. Also got the name of a person who can help to install a washing machine in the apartment. Hopefully, I've done my last bathtub washing session in awhile!

2) Car: My DH arrived home WITH our Subaru about an hour ago. We have a car!!!

3) Job interview: I was called back for an all day interview with that job I'm trying to get. I have five hours of interviews this Friday with four managers. They also provided me with a seven page case study and I must prepare an hour presentation on it for the managers. Help! How am I possibly going to find time to do this. No more DISing. Time to start working.

Later ladies!
-Jen

Me DH DS (11) DS (9)
Old 10-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #2317
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Soooooo, it's been a little (ok.....) BIG while since I've checked in here.......sorry!! We had computer issues, then moved, we're without our own home for a bit (and no computer access) & then finally got settled in. So really no excuses for being gone as long as I have been.....I have missed you all!!

So hubby is starting to give me a little grief about the possibility of doing this trip....which is frustrating to say the least!! I'm still trying to figure out if financially I can pull this off......the taxes would have to come back before I could go. We'll have a big enough refund for me to go, but he doesn't think it's fair that I go with out him.......big baby!!

So any-who.......gonna try to get myself somewhat caught up on the goings on & planning & see if I can convince him to let me go. (problem is, he's being laid off again starting tomorrow....he got a 3 day extension but don't see if going further than today)

I hope those who aren't living on Facebook (which is where I tend to check in the most).....are doing well!!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 10-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #2318
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Good afternoon!
Old 10-22-2009, 12:21 AM   #2319
katieandmattsmom
Mouseketeer

So I have been watching airfare for February. Just jumped onto Southwest and booked my airfare for $60 each way!!!! When I looked yesterday it was $118 each way. I am soooo excited!!! Flyin out of Seattle and into LAX. John Wayne cost the same but I didn't want to switch planes. Flyin in Thursday and out Tuesday.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #2320
cccdisney
DIS Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieandmattsmom View Post
So I have been watching airfare for February. Just jumped onto Southwest and booked my airfare for $60 each way!!!! When I looked yesterday it was $118 each way. I am soooo excited!!! Flyin out of Seattle and into LAX. John Wayne cost the same but I didn't want to switch planes. Flyin in Thursday and out Tuesday.
YAY! I still need to book a flight. I know I should be able to go down on Thursday, but not yet sure how long I can stay. Need to work on that . . .
Old 10-22-2009, 12:39 AM   #2321
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieandmattsmom View Post
Woo Hoo! That is awesome news! And what a great rate you got. My DH's son used to live in Seattle (Issaquah, actually) and the best rate we ever got was $200 total RT.

I am staying until Tuesday morning myself - can't wait to meet you.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 10-22-2009, 12:58 AM   #2322
disney-inspired

I don't know my exact dates yet. It all depends if I get my top choice for my spring semester schedule where I would have class TWTH.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:48 AM   #2323
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

I'm going to go read until I fall asleep. Goodnight, ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
Courtney - I'm sorry, that really does stink! I can relate though and sometimes that's just how it is. That's why I work for myself now I got tired of working in places were some people did diddly and others did more than what was expected, but the pay was equal across the board. Now I control what I do and how much money I earn and if I'm cheesed off at anyone, it's me

Chin up and keep doing a good job - it does matter
Aww, thank you! You're a lucky duck to be your own boss! I think this is why I should either: 1) marry a millionaire. 2) win the lotto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
I would be very frustrated too. You're such a hard worker, keep it up! It's okay to vent!
Thank you, Bridgette! I miss you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizbuzz View Post
Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone is having fun with Halloween preparations, especially those going to DL!!! Yeah!

Just want to report in from Switzerland. Making progress on three fronts:

1) Laundry: finally got a laundry card from my landlord which means I can use the laundry machines down in the basement. I'm the the schedule for Thursday nights. Also got the name of a person who can help to install a washing machine in the apartment. Hopefully, I've done my last bathtub washing session in awhile!

2) Car: My DH arrived home WITH our Subaru about an hour ago. We have a car!!!

3) Job interview: I was called back for an all day interview with that job I'm trying to get. I have five hours of interviews this Friday with four managers. They also provided me with a seven page case study and I must prepare an hour presentation on it for the managers. Help! How am I possibly going to find time to do this. No more DISing. Time to start working.

Later ladies!
-Jen
Glad you're doing well, Jen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Soooooo, it's been a little (ok.....) BIG while since I've checked in here.......sorry!! We had computer issues, then moved, we're without our own home for a bit (and no computer access) & then finally got settled in. So really no excuses for being gone as long as I have been.....I have missed you all!!

So hubby is starting to give me a little grief about the possibility of doing this trip....which is frustrating to say the least!! I'm still trying to figure out if financially I can pull this off......the taxes would have to come back before I could go. We'll have a big enough refund for me to go, but he doesn't think it's fair that I go with out him.......big baby!!

So any-who.......gonna try to get myself somewhat caught up on the goings on & planning & see if I can convince him to let me go. (problem is, he's being laid off again starting tomorrow....he got a 3 day extension but don't see if going further than today)

I hope those who aren't living on Facebook (which is where I tend to check in the most).....are doing well!!!!
Laurie! Great to see you check in! I was thinking about you the other day. Hope you, DH and the kids are doing good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Good afternoon!
Sup girl!!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:22 AM   #2324
disney-inspired

I just have to say, at this time of needing to lose some serious weight I'm so grateful for creative stretching

Seriously though, after this mini meet it's crunch time and I'm SERIOUS.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:15 AM   #2325
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Hi Gals! Went to the TOT party tonight. Ran into Tina in the lobby of HOJO on our way there. Had a great time (even more fun than 10 days ago with the kids!) Did Toy Story twice, Screamin twice, TOT twice, monsters, lots of trick or treating, took tons of pictures and in general had a great time. Not very crowded at all!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: