Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #2251
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Aw, Cristabel. I see in your siggie Osita passed away. I'm so sorry.
Thank you, Courtney

Kelly, the sleepover was fun even if only four of us could make it. Merrilee, Bree, Beth and I watched the last part of Pride and Prejudice and then Dan in Real Life. We awoke this morning around 9am and Bree made pancakes for us which we ate while we watched Full House.

We changed and packed up our stuff and headed to Newport Beach. It's a nice beach but there are no public bathrooms. I had to watch about three blocks to the public library and change there. I got in for a few minutes after getting sweaty playing frisbee. We all layed out and got burnt but I only burnt my face. I got tan everywhere else. We ate at BJ's and then drove back to school. I arrived, showered, super cleaned our bathroom (inspections this Thursday) and then cleaned my room. I'm pooped!

This is going to be a weird week because we have furlough days. I only have class Monday and Friday.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #2252
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning and Happy Sunday!

Cristabel, glad you had fun with your sleepover! Sounds like a lot of fun!! Enjoy your days off school this week and see you soon!!!

We had a lot of fun watching all our movies yesterday. The only one we didn't get to was Nightmare Before Christmas which we will probably watch sometime today if we get time.

We are skipping church because we HAVE to get the pomegranets picked today or else we won't have time to do it any other day. We already lost most of them to the rain last week. They all cracked open which is a shame cuz we had quite a few. But hopefully the girls will get a bucket or two to sell. Then Shane has to run over to my uncle's house to help him replace his garbage disposal and he wants to replace his faucets and sink as well although Shane is not going to do that today but rather just help him pick stuff.

Anyway I got all packed this morning. I figured I better do it since we leave in only a few day! Looking forward to my shows tonight and then tomorrow have to work and Tuesday I go back to see my urologist finally so I am hoping he can do something! Way back after my surgery last Feb he put me on this medicine but it doesn't seem to be working so I am really hoping there is something else that can be done! Then nothing wed other than the girls have church and then Thurs I have to work as does Shane but the girls have their early day at school. We don't leave till later though because I didn't want Shane to miss more than 2 days of work so our plane doesn't leave till like 7:30. Mom is going to take us to the airport so I think we are going to try and stop and grab some dinner on the way.

Anyway that's my week in a nutshell. SOOO looking forward to seeing those that are going! TTYL and have a great day today everyone!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #2253
Zoemakes5
Support me in my Disney mania
Still likes pennies more than quarters
Had to pop SOMETHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Courtney..but what we really wanna know is what kinda jelly? Strawberry or Grape?

Aaaahh i want to see Where the Wild Things are!

Well my husband is stuck in Houston. The weather is bad and he's still at the airport. They say he will make it home it will just be really late due to bad weather. I worry him flying in it.
I'm sorry about your DH in Houston....I hate when weather strands you somewhere.

And, PEACH or APRICOT are the bestest jams/jellies!
Old 10-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #2254
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

I am posting on the fly, as I am getting ready to fly out tomorrow, but wanted to ask for your help with the below:

Please take a moment to click on the following video links and then click on the 5th "not rated" star to record a rating for the video. We are having a "most clicks" contest for my work, and it is Seattle against the rest of the ...districts. Help me show them that Seattle is indeed the most tech savvy place there is and that you all "get" the click thing. Thanks for your time and feel free to pass along these links to anyone else that might click to help us out. PS You can click more than once by clicking refresh

http://ziptvblog.blogspot.com/2009/1...y-seattle.html

http://ziptvblog.blogspot.com/2009/1...eam-video.html

Thanks Gals!
Tracey
Old 10-18-2009, 02:06 PM   #2255
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoemakes5 View Post
I'm sorry about your DH in Houston....I hate when weather strands you somewhere.

And, PEACH or APRICOT are the bestest jams/jellies!
Apricot-Pineapple!

Old 10-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #2256
grizbuzz
DIS Veteran

Hi ladies!

Back from legoland. Weather was just awful: rainy and so cold. Good news was no crowds and my boys were oblivious to the wet and chill. They LOVED legoland. Just loved it. The rides, the Lego building areas, the shops, the legoland village (where we stayed the night). It was a joy to take them and hopefully none of us will come down with a cold frm being wet two days straight. Have only been to Carlsbad legoland once but think I liked this park better. Kids now like legoland better than Disney (not me though ) and I'm sure we will be back when it reopens next spring. I put some pics up on facebook.

Me DH DS (9) DS (7)
Old 10-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #2257
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
I am posting on the fly, as I am getting ready to fly out tomorrow, but wanted to ask for your help with the below:

Please take a moment to click on the following video links and then click on the 5th "not rated" star to record a rating for the video. We are having a "most clicks" contest for my work, and it is Seattle against the rest of the ...districts. Help me show them that Seattle is indeed the most tech savvy place there is and that you all "get" the click thing. Thanks for your time and feel free to pass along these links to anyone else that might click to help us out. PS You can click more than once by clicking refresh

Thanks Gals!
Tracey

I voted - hope you win
Old 10-18-2009, 05:20 PM   #2258
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Apricot-Pineapple!

I'm an orange marmelade gal myself!

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 10-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #2259
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Hi everyone.

Dawn - Glad your dh made it home safely and they found his luggage.

Jen - Glad you all had fun. I'm sure when you all go in the spring you will have better weather.

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend. Yesterday at the air show was busy to say the least. They estimated that 160,000 people attended.

So today we had some errands to do. I have an important class to attend this week and I have to wear civilian clothing. Business casual actually. I never felt so weird as I did today when I was looking at clothing not to mention shoes. I have been so used to wearing one of two uniforms every day I go to work that I feel like I was shopping for the first day of school for me. I hope I did alright but I know when I'm retired from the Air Force I'm going to need some help (something like What Not to Wear, or a personal shopper of sorts) when I have to wear business clothing on a daily basis.

I also booked my PS for my birthday trip. It makes the trip feel that much closer. I have a month to make my mind up on Fantasmic seating. I think I'm going to but I still have time before I can reserve.

Take care, talk to you all soon.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 10-18-2009, 05:23 PM   #2260
21yankees

Quote:

Thanks Gals!
Tracey
I clicked on both of them.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 10-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #2261
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Just here to ask for prayers. My grandpa had a seizure this morning and is in the hospital. My mom is with him now and says he's looking great but they still don't know anything. I hate that about the medical practice, it takes FOREVER to get any answer! I really think this is about his weak heart and he will be needing surgery very soon.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:04 PM   #2262
21yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Just here to ask for prayers. My grandpa had a seizure this morning and is in the hospital. My mom is with him now and says he's looking great but they still don't know anything. I hate that about the medical practice, it takes FOREVER to get any answer! I really think this is about his weak heart and he will be needing surgery very soon.
Your family is my thoughts and prayers.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 10-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #2263
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post

So today we had some errands to do. I have an important class to attend this week and I have to wear civilian clothing. Business casual actually. I never felt so weird as I did today when I was looking at clothing not to mention shoes. I have been so used to wearing one of two uniforms every day I go to work that I feel like I was shopping for the first day of school for me. I hope I did alright but I know when I'm retired from the Air Force I'm going to need some help (something like What Not to Wear, or a personal shopper of sorts) when I have to wear business clothing on a daily basis.

I also booked my PS for my birthday trip. It makes the trip feel that much closer. I have a month to make my mind up on Fantasmic seating. I think I'm going to but I still have time before I can reserve.

Take care, talk to you all soon.

steph
Steph: I'm sure there are some Divas who would LOVE to help you shop!

When is your birthday?

Quote:
I'm so sorry--I hope he's better soon!

Old 10-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #2264
21yankees

Cheryl. My birthday is Dec 18th. I would love the Divas help with clothes shopping. I told Josh today that I just feel that I don't fit in that environment. I've never experienced this before. I enlisted in the Air Force when I was 17. So I went from high school where I was a jeans and t-shirt to an adult who wears the same when I'm not on duty.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 10-18-2009, 08:47 PM   #2265
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:

Thanks Gals!
Tracey
I voted!

Quote:
Your grandpa and your family are in my prayers.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: