Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #211
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Hi!
I don't sign on for two days and the thread grows six pages!

I called Sallie Mae to inquire about my private loan and they said it was approved! They are just waiting for CSUF to certify it. They sent a request for certification on July 3rd!!! Why are they taking so long?! I emailed the financial aid office asking for information and stressing the fact that if they don't certify the loan I will most definitely not be able to attend CSUF. I tried calling them but I was put on hold for so long that I lost the connection. I called at least three times and each time I was disconnected

I move out in 8 days!

I miss you all and I can't wait to relocate closer to the mouse!

Good luck on your move!!
Becareful with student loans! Esp Sallie Mae....they are PIA!! Sometimes not very friendly & sometimes they don't have there ducks in a row!!

I hope you enjoy your last few days with your family!
Old 08-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #212
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Good morning all -

It's a sad day...I used to frequent the Singles Thread here on the DIS before meeting Bob and I still read the thread to keep up with the friends that I made there. Yesterday we found out that one of the ladies who had been a part of that group for a very long time had a heart attack and passed. She was a single mom of two young children. I had not had the pleasure of meeting her but a group from the Singles Thread where planning a trip out here to DL in early Dec. and I was planning to meet up with them and Jenroc was amongst those who where coming and I was looking so forward to meeting her. It's amazing how connected you can become with someone you have never met. My heart is just breaking for her family and children.

Sorry to be a downer today but I just wanted to tell you all how much your friendship means to me even if I have not met you all yet. Thank you all of being such wonderful women!
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #213
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Quote:
Good morning all -

It's a sad day...I used to frequent the Singles Thread here on the DIS before meeting Bob and I still read the thread to keep up with the friends that I made there. Yesterday we found out that one of the ladies who had been a part of that group for a very long time had a heart attack and passed. She was a single mom of two young children. I had not had the pleasure of meeting her but a group from the Singles Thread where planning a trip out here to DL in early Dec. and I was planning to meet up with them and Jenroc was amongst those who where coming and I was looking so forward to meeting her. It's amazing how connected you can become with someone you have never met. My heart is just breaking for her family and children.

Sorry to be a downer today but I just wanted to tell you all how much your friendship means to me even if I have not met you all yet. Thank you all of being such wonderful women!
Vicki, that is so sad. Think you're attached to us now? Just wait till you meet us. Her family will be in my prayers.

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
Old 08-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #214
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Hey girls. I've been feeling so weird today. I have this chest pain that won't go away. I've gotten the same pain occasionally, but today it's been since I woke up. It feels like a muscle if anything, especially when I bend and twist.

Quote:
Good morning all -

Old 08-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #215
KerTggr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Hey girls. I've been feeling so weird today. I have this chest pain that won't go away. I've gotten the same pain occasionally, but today it's been since I woke up. It feels like a muscle if anything, especially when I bend and twist.
Oh no! I sometimes get those too. No idea what they are (I'm 30, I shouldn't still be growing). Hope it goes away soon!!
Old 08-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #216
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Yesterday we found out that one of the ladies who had been a part of that group for a very long time had a heart attack and passed. She was a single mom of two young children.
Oh no. That is so sad. Those poor children.
Really shows you not to take a single day or moment for granted.

Courtney, I hope you feel better soon. I hate those pains!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #217
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Good morning all -

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post

Yikes! If it persists, make sure you get it checked out.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:03 PM   #218
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Good luck on your move!!
Becareful with student loans! Esp Sallie Mae....they are PIA!! Sometimes not very friendly & sometimes they don't have there ducks in a row!!

I hope you enjoy your last few days with your family!
Thanks, Deb. Any kind of student loan is evil but a necessary evil at that. Sallie Mae is a PITA because they charge you an "origination" fee. SO STUPID. You are already have me at $22k what more do you want?!?!?!
I better get a good job because I know I will be paying off these loans for the next 20 - 30 years of my life.

*grumble*stupid loans *grumble*

I can't wait to get a stable job! The uncertainty of it all just makes my stress level sky rocket!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #219
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Hi Everyone, hope you all are doing well.

It's very possible I won't be able to make the Feb trip now afterall.

I just wanted to give some notice so if my roomies wanted to find a new roomie it's ok. I won't know for sure until it gets closer, (unfortunately) but as for now, it's not looking good.

So upset right now I can't even talk about it....just know I appreciate you girls very much.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #220
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Thanks, Deb. Any kind of student loan is evil but a necessary evil at that. Sallie Mae is a PITA because they charge you an "origination" fee. SO STUPID. You are already have me at $22k what more do you want?!?!?!
I better get a good job because I know I will be paying off these loans for the next 20 - 30 years of my life.

*grumble*stupid loans *grumble*

I can't wait to get a stable job! The uncertainty of it all just makes my stress level sky rocket!
Glad to hear that your loan came through!! We are slowly getting my DD's load together but it's been a use PITA! She'll have to get a great paying job too to pay these off. I'll help her some but I also have to save if I ever want to retirement...geez never ending! What will you be majoring in?

Old 08-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #221
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post

I just wanted to give some notice so if my roomies wanted to find a new roomie it's ok. I won't know for sure until it gets closer, (unfortunately) but as for now, it's not looking good.

So upset right now I can't even talk about it....just know I appreciate you girls very much.

Don't worry about us, we'll be fine. I hope things improve for you though.

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
Old 08-12-2009, 09:45 PM   #222
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
Vicki, that is so sad. Think you're attached to us now? Just wait till you meet us. Her family will be in my prayers.
I can't wait to meet you all!

Old 08-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #223
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post

Don't worry about us, we'll be fine. I hope things improve for you though.
That's what I was going to say. If it works out, fine; if it doesn't, not fine, but what can you do about it? We'll be fine, I'm assuming Callie will miss us/DL so much she won't be able to resist coming!! But you still know we want you to come, if at all possible, even at the last minute. That's what roll-aways are for!!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #224
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Ive added more to my trip report, and a bunch of pics.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 08-12-2009, 10:09 PM   #225
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Quote:

Janelle, I hope everything's ok.

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: