Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #196
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Hi!
I don't sign on for two days and the thread grows six pages!

I called Sallie Mae to inquire about my private loan and they said it was approved! They are just waiting for CSUF to certify it. They sent a request for certification on July 3rd!!! Why are they taking so long?! I emailed the financial aid office asking for information and stressing the fact that if they don't certify the loan I will most definitely not be able to attend CSUF. I tried calling them but I was put on hold for so long that I lost the connection. I called at least three times and each time I was disconnected

I move out in 8 days!

I miss you all and I can't wait to relocate closer to the mouse!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #197
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Wow, you ladies have been busy today!

Bridgette, so happy for you, but be careful and guard your heart. He's really HANDSOME!

Sarah, love the kitties. I have been thinking about a new cat and asked DH if he was ready and he said with a heavy sigh....no. So, it's not time for us yet.

Mel, your granola sounds good. I LOVE coconut, too.

Cristabel - congrats on the loan and move. You will love So Cal.

Callie, you simply must come in Feb. It wouldn't be the same without you.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #198
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Cristabelita... BigHugTackLe'NutherHug!

OOohhh Handsome Boyfriend.. may goodness be his virtue to You.

aahhh what a great cat.. she looks like a little old lady

Melody..thank You for the idea of the splenda in the plain yogurt.. i love yogurt every morning.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:55 PM   #199
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Hey gals!

I've been following along when I can (not very often). I know I've missed a lot. Just wanted to pop in and say.

I MISS DISNEYLAND!!! It sure is going to be tough not going to my happiest place for another 3 years. Guess I need to stop listening to visionsfantastic radio, huh?

Just wanted to say hey howdy hey! TTFN!
I've been listening to visionsfantastic radio nonstop since you mentioned it on FB a few days ago. I love it! It's so nice to have a bit of variety from the Disney music I already have!

Oh, and I'll see you in February!!!

i

Old 08-12-2009, 12:01 AM   #200
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
I'm pretty sure that Stacie's will have some sort of sweetener and oil in it too.

So Stacie.......what is your version?
Here it is, it makes a lot:

4 Cup Oats
3/4 Cup Wheat Bran
1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
2 Cup Wheat Germ
1/2 Cup Oat Bran
1/4 Cup Canola Oil
2 Tablespoon Honey
1 Cup Roasted Sunflower Seeds
2 Teaspoon Vanilla

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix together oats, wheat bran, flour, wheat germ, oat bran, oil and honey. Spread into a large shallow pan. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Add the sunflower seeds during the last 15 minutes of baking. Add vanilla at the end of the baking time. Let cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
I've been listening to visionsfantastic radio nonstop since you mentioned it on FB a few days ago. I love it! It's so nice to have a bit of variety from the Disney music I already have!

Oh, and I'll see you in February!!!
Yes, we WILL see Callie in February!!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:02 AM   #201
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Hi Everyone!!!

I'm exhausted I just got home about 15 minutes ago from the taping of the show. So I didn't get called up on stage . The show did feed us lunch and dinner, both were quite tasty. A fellow Airman did make it to the show case showdown and will make it worth the watch. I did end up on stage at the end of the show during the ending credits part. This was the military appreciation episode so there were 300 US Armed Services members in the audience. This show will be aired on Veteran's Day (November 11th).

I'm headed to bed as I have to be at work at 7 am tomorrow morning.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 08-12-2009, 12:18 AM   #202
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Congrats on the loan Cristabel!

Yummy recipe Stacie!

Bummer Steph, was it at least fun to watch?

Tina or Callie, where do I find this visionsfantastic radio? It sounds like fun!

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
Old 08-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #203
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...p?recipe=87383

I made it with 1.5 pounds beef, and 2 cups of cheese with 1/4 cup of cheese on top.
I love Pampered Chef recipes. High on carbs, but always good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Good morning my favorite Divas!

I found you! I haven't had a chance to read back but I'll try to catch up tonight. Hope everyone is well and that you all had a great weekend!

We got back from Seattle/Victoria last night and all I have to say is I LOVED Victoria. Such a beautiful city, flowers everywhere, very friendly people, and would be great for a romantic getaway. We did and saw a lot and we are all very tired this morning. It might take most of the week to catch up but it was so worth it to visit Victoria!

I'll post pictures later on my FB account later.

Have a great Tuesday!
I love Victoria too. I grew up across the water and we used to go there as teengers in big groups to shop before school started. Those were the days, when a note from Mom got you across the border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Hi ladies,

Steph - Ooooh, good luck on the Price is Right!!!

Bridgette - got a new boyyyyyyfriend! (singing)

Heather - I think it's amazing all that you're doing with Nathan. You are an inspiration to me!

Lots of hugs for all my other Divas. I love you all!
Capri said it all so well: Ditto from me, except for I don't sing. Especially to Heather. You are amazing and resouceful and the best Mom that ever could be for Nathan, and Nolan too, whom you will surely get to hold through many stitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Thanks Beth. I think I am finally able to see a bit of a difference too. We'll see if it is noticable when I meet up with some of the ladies in september. I am hoping I might be able to put up a 35 lb clippie tomorrow but that all depends on Aunt Flo. Lol

Sarah
Sarah, that is such an amazing accomplishment and you should be patting yourself on the back daily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
I had fun with chu too! We need to go out again!

He is absolutely a keeper. I've moved fast in relationships before as far as the whole lovey-dovey-spend every waking moment together-I love you stuff, but that was always just because in the past. They say when you know, you know. His parents are flying me to Portland in a week and 1/2 to meet them. He's going too, of course

I thought I'd post a visual aid.

This photo is about a year old and he wears glasses. I took a bunch of photos of him when we went out shooting the other day, but I left my memory card on his desk so it'll have to wait a day or so.
He is super darling Bridgett. Take your time dear girl. You have plenty of it.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #204
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

I also wanted to say thank you to all of you for your kind words of support. I guess that is why I am so comfortable just spilling my guts. You are always there! I really do appreciate it.

Today I am in a better frame of mind. One thing I do need if anyone already has it, or if anyone is going to DL in the near future, is the Gluten Free list that they have for the restaurants. It is at City Hall. I emailed the chef and they won't just send it. Strange in todays age, but what can you do? Anyhow, if you can get me that, I do have a fax that it could be sent to, or I am happy to reimburse for mailing. It just seems like we need that to be able to plan our PS, and not to just pick up the day of our trip, kwim??? Many thanks in advance. Tracey
Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #205
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Capri said it all so well: Ditto from me, except for I don't sing. Especially to Heather. You are amazing and resourceful and the best Mom that ever could be for Nathan, and Nolan too, whom you will surely get to hold through many stitches
You all are so good for my ego. I don't think I'm doing anything different than any other mother would do. You did make me laugh about the stitches. Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Today I am in a better frame of mind. One thing I do need if anyone already has it, or if anyone is going to DL in the near future, is the Gluten Free list that they have for the restaurants. It is at City Hall. I emailed the chef and they won't just send it. Strange in todays age, but what can you do? Anyhow, if you can get me that, I do have a fax that it could be sent to, or I am happy to reimburse for mailing. It just seems like we need that to be able to plan our PS, and not to just pick up the day of our trip, kwim??? Many thanks in advance. Tracey
I will be there soon (in the next week or so). PM me the details, and I'll try to fax it to you.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor, would you be mine, could you be mine, woun't you be my neighbor?

Useless fact about my family: My dad went to seminary with Mr. Rogers. He was a wonderful man.

I have NOTHING on the schedule today, and I'm happy happy happy! I might rearrange some furniture. That's always a fun thing to do every so often.

I hope everyone is having a divalicious morning.

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
Old 08-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #206
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

~Good Morning~
Old 08-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #207
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
You all are so good for my ego. I don't think I'm doing anything different than any other mother would do. You did make me laugh about the stitches. Thanks for the kind words.

I will be there soon (in the next week or so). PM me the details, and I'll try to fax it to you.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor, would you be mine, could you be mine, woun't you be my neighbor?

Useless fact about my family: My dad went to seminary with Mr. Rogers. He was a wonderful man.

I have NOTHING on the schedule today, and I'm happy happy happy! I might rearrange some furniture. That's always a fun thing to do every so often.

I hope everyone is having a divalicious morning.
Thank you so much Heather. PM on the way.

I love Mr. Rogers and both my boys liked to watch him too. He was such a gentle kind soul and really connected with the boyish need to explore, touch, feel, know, understand, etc.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #208
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Morning all!!

Slow start here today. I read back but didn't multi quote so hopefully I can remember what I read.

I remember yummy recipes, a yummy guy, yummy coconut cheesecake, a cute kitty, a surprise and welcome visit from Callie, Sarah hoping her visit from AF doesn't ruin her chance at the 35 lb banner, Stacerita being busy, Heather rearranging furniture, Tracey feeling a bit better (yay!), Steph not being able to "Come on down!" (bummer, but yay for her friend), Cristabel moving out in a few days, and..........that's where my memory fails me. So if I missed anyone hugs to you all.

Hope your having a happy hump day! Talk to you later.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #209
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Morning all!!

Slow start here today. I read back but didn't multi quote so hopefully I can remember what I read.

I remember yummy recipes, a yummy guy, yummy coconut cheesecake, a cute kitty, a surprise and welcome visit from Callie, Sarah hoping her visit from AF doesn't ruin her chance at the 35 lb banner, Stacerita being busy, Heather rearranging furniture, Tracey feeling a bit better (yay!), Steph not being able to "Come on down!" (bummer, but yay for her friend), Cristabel moving out in a few days, and..........that's where my memory fails me. So if I missed anyone hugs to you all.

Hope your having a happy hump day! Talk to you later.
I think that's about everything.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #210
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Good morning all -

It's a sad day...I used to frequent the Singles Thread here on the DIS before meeting Bob and I still read the thread to keep up with the friends that I made there. Yesterday we found out that one of the ladies who had been a part of that group for a very long time had a heart attack and passed. She was a single mom of two young children. I had not had the pleasure of meeting her but a group from the Singles Thread where planning a trip out here to DL in early Dec. and I was planning to meet up with them and Jenroc was amongst those who where coming and I was looking so forward to meeting her. It's amazing how connected you can become with someone you have never met. My heart is just breaking for her family and children.

Sorry to be a downer today but I just wanted to tell you all how much your friendship means to me even if I have not met you all yet. Thank you all of being such wonderful women!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: