Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #181
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
I thought I'd post a visual aid.

This photo is about a year old and he wears glasses. I took a bunch of photos of him when we went out shooting the other day, but I left my memory card on his desk so it'll have to wait a day or so.
Is there a whistle icon? Cause wow. That's all I got to say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
I know I told you guys about our new kitty, the one in my avatar pic, but did I tell you that DBF decided she needed a friend? We named the first one Pearl and the new one Gizmo.

I really like the names you chose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
ooh oooh I forgot to say congrats to Sarah for the weight loss!
Thanks!

Sarah

Old 08-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #182
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Did you guys know they are going to bring back Captain EO for Halloween time?
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #183
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Hey gals!

I've been following along when I can (not very often). I know I've missed a lot. Just wanted to pop in and say.

I MISS DISNEYLAND!!! It sure is going to be tough not going to my happiest place for another 3 years. Guess I need to stop listening to visionsfantastic radio, huh?

Just wanted to say hey howdy hey! TTFN!

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
Old 08-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #184
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Is there a whistle icon? Cause wow. That's all I got to say!
Oh yeah, TOTALLY agree!! This is as close to a whistle as it gets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Hey gals!

I've been following along when I can (not very often). I know I've missed a lot. Just wanted to pop in and say.

I MISS DISNEYLAND!!! It sure is going to be tough not going to my happiest place for another 3 years. Guess I need to stop listening to visionsfantastic radio, huh?

No way! Say that again!! You miss Disneyland!!??!! And you thought you could stay away! Just wait and see how you feel in February... we'll find a place for you, even if it's in the bathtub!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #185
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Hey where is Wendy and Stacerita? I haven't seen them lately and their posts always make me smile. I think we need a rule.. those two must post often or else no jello shots for them!
Yeah, I don't like that rule.

Hey girl hey!!!!

I know I haven't been posting like I normally do. Things just keep coming up. I feel like I am being pulled in a million different directions and have way too much going on. UGH! But I promise to try to post more often. Also, I should be finishing up the trip report soon, so that will give me more time.

Hope all is well.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 08-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #186
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
That's mine, too! Just ask the Vegas ladies... they laughed at me, but I love it!!
I take mine everywhere too. I use plain yogurt with a bit of splenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
I like to add fresh blueberies and/or strawberries to my yogurt parfaits. Best. Breakfast. Ever.
I like to use fruit too. Strawberries and bananas are the best I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
Hey, that's eh, I'll have you know - pronounced A as in Hay, hmpff! And it's Angie..... Remember, Theresa and Angie are the cool Canadians with the same b-day!!!
Oh. Ha Ha! Sorry for my spelling error. I do pronounce it A as in Hay. I had a Candian friend once that told me a joke...........which I am sure you have told.

"How do you spell Canada?" C-eh, n-eh, d-eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
My surgery is scheduled for Sept 10th. I'm still worried about what the growth is but there's nothing I can do until then so I'm trying to keep my mind off of it.

Good idea!!

I'll report back about the Price is Right and whether I get selected or win anything.
steph
Ooooh, how fun. Be sure to wear your uniform to impress the picker outers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
PS....guess where I am....hee hee hee.... Double today that is almost done and another double tomorrow. DH said that while my ds was in toes up time he was crying and calling out for me I feel so bad. Haven't seen him since sunday at 3pm.
I hope you get some time off soon. You deserve it big time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Hi Again! Steph, that is cool about Price is Right! I went to the cheesy Vegas one at Bally's once. Hi Dawn, hope your move goes okay. Alzheimers is a tough one. You are such a good cook. I made goulash today, which for me is basically browning some stew meat, throwing in some seasoning, covering with water or broth, adding whatever vegis I have on hand, in cans, fresh or frozen, tomato sauce barley, and then eat it 6 hours later. Major easy, but always good.
I babysat my friends 3 year old today because she had a follow up series of appointments to her 5 year old diabetes diagnosis at the local Children's hospital. Her husband would not go and he expected her to manage the appointments with a 1 year old, a 3 year old and then the 5 year old patient. I don't know what is the matter with some men. Anyhow, he dropped her off to me (who took a day off basically to take care of her??) with nothing. Then I am so distracted right now that I never changed her pants until 6 hours later, and then they were overflowing with pea and poop. I don't know what the heck is the matter with me. Additional sad news was that her little guy also has Celiac disease in addition to the diabetes. I can't believe it. It is manageable, but geesh, trying to control the diabetes is hard enough. He has to have some carbs, and now that will be limited to gluten free carbs only. I just feel so bad for them.
Honestly between them, my Mom (who has been diagnosed with anxiety after several trips to the ER and a ton of testing), and my nephew losing his Dad all in the last 30 days, I just feel weighted down with the impossibility of adequately supporting each of them. I know that the lord does not give you more than you can handle, but I am digging deep right now.
Tracey, I am so sorry for all of these burdens you are carrying. Sometimes it does seem like we can not take anymore. There was a time in our lives that we too had alot to carry, and that verse that you just quoted kept us going. God bless and keep you during this time. Oh and that husband of your friend is an absolute twerp. Someone needs to tell him to wake up, and take controll of his life and his child. I'd punch him out if I could!

Quote:
At least I snagged a bf while I was away!!!
Well no wonder you have been MIA!!

Quote:
Not much happening here. Nathan had an 'autistic' day yesterday-toe walking, repetitive language, lining things up, moving stuff from one box to another while 'in the zone'. I hope he has a better day today. The video I sent to the autism center last night was awful, but that might be good. Maybe they will have suggestions to help me help him. (I upload 3 videos a week, and they help me come up with strategies to make things better and help him talk more. It's part of the research project, and I will be doing it for 3 months.)

Nolan has discovered that if he climbs on top of the table, he can turn the lights on and off. I told Stacie on FB yesterday, that I'm going to end up in the ER many times with him. He's 'all boy' as they say.

I made another pampered chef recipe for dinner last night. It was the taco ring (Stacie says it's her DS18's favorite). It was so yummy! DH had 3rds!

I hope everyone has a great day. Talk with you all later.
Your recipe looks good. I will be giving that a try. Keep up the good work with your boys. Some days, you must be really tired. I commend you. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
We got back from Seattle/Victoria last night and all I have to say is I LOVED Victoria. Such a beautiful city, flowers everywhere, very friendly people, and would be great for a romantic getaway. We did and saw a lot and we are all very tired this morning. It might take most of the week to catch up but it was so worth it to visit Victoria.
Welcome home Vicki! Someday Dave and I are going to take a trip there. It does sound so beautiful and romantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerTggr View Post

Homemade granola?!?! Do you have a recipe? I love granola, but so hard to get good ones without nuts in the store.
Sure... here goes.

6 c. rolled oats
2 c. coconut
2 cups chopped almonds
1/2 c. wheat germ
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. oil

Mix all together and pour into two 9"X13" baking pans. Bake in 350* oven for 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. You may add raisens or craisens the last 10 minutes or so.
Can you have sundflower seeds? Maybe you could substitute those for the almonds. Or pumpkin seeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Sarah, that 30 lb banner is looking mighty hot on you!! We won't even recognize you when we see you next!
Good observation Beth.

Goooooooo Sarah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post

Hey where is Wendy and Stacerita? I haven't seen them lately and their posts always make me smile. I think we need a rule.. those two must post often or else no jello shots for them!
Yeah............they have been MIA too!

Quote:
He is absolutely a keeper. I've moved fast in relationships before as far as the whole lovey-dovey-spend every waking moment together-I love you stuff, but that was always just because in the past. They say when you know, you know. His parents are flying me to Portland in a week and 1/2 to meet them. He's going too, of course

Ooh la la Brigette! Be careful and take care!

Quote:
I know I told you guys about our new kitty, the one in my avatar pic, but did I tell you that DBF decided she needed a friend? We named the first one Pearl and the new one Gizmo.

Too cute!! What a fluuuuffff ball!! Poof!

Quote:
Hey gals!

HI!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:54 PM   #187
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
Yeah, I don't like that rule.

Hey girl hey!!!!

I know I haven't been posting like I normally do. Things just keep coming up. I feel like I am being pulled in a million different directions and have way too much going on. UGH! But I promise to try to post more often. Also, I should be finishing up the trip report soon, so that will give me more time.

Hope all is well.
Were your ears burning or something?
Old 08-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #188
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Thanks Mel for the kind words. You granola recipe sounds yummy! Honey and coconut. Yum! Stacie's sounds healthier though. I think I will add craisins to it.

Oh, and isn't it funny how people can look alike? I can totally see Bridgette and her new man together. KWIM?

That's all for now.

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
Old 08-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #189
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Thanks Mel for the kind words. You granola recipe sounds yummy! Honey and coconut. Yum! Stacie's sounds healthier though. I think I will add craisins to it.
I'm pretty sure that Stacie's will have some sort of sweetener and oil in it too.

So Stacie.......what is your version?
Old 08-11-2009, 08:31 PM   #190
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

I don't think Stacie bakes hers. She mentioned her recipe a page or two back. I love coconut. Did I tell you about the coconut chocolate cheesecake I got at the Cheescake Factory??? It was a slice of heaven.

Here's their description: Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheesecake

Coconut Cheesecake Topped with Coconut Cream Custard, all on a Chocolate Macaroon Crust.

It was the chocolate macaroon crust that did me in.

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
Old 08-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #191
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:

He is absolutely a keeper. Yes a very cute keeper!

Yes a very cute keeper!

Quote:

Just adorable!

Quote:
Hey gals!

TTFN!
I think we 'drove' right by your island on the ferry to and from Victoria! I can see why you are happy there...that entire area is just beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

Welcome home Vicki! Someday Dave and I are going to take a trip there. It does sound so beautiful and romantic.

I totally recommend taking a trip there when you can and yes it is very beautiful and romantic. We want to go back for the romantic trip someday!

Old 08-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #192
BC Disney Lover
Diva Prankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
We got back from Seattle/Victoria last night and all I have to say is I LOVED Victoria. Such a beautiful city, flowers everywhere, very friendly people, and would be great for a romantic getaway. We did and saw a lot and we are all very tired this morning. It might take most of the week to catch up but it was so worth it to visit Victoria!
We love Victoria! You should also look into a trip to Tofino one day, it's beautiful and we went whale watching!
Old 08-11-2009, 08:36 PM   #193
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Quote:
I don't think Stacie bakes hers. She mentioned her recipe a page or two back. I love coconut. Did I tell you about the coconut chocolate cheesecake I got at the Cheescake Factory??? It was a slice of heaven.

Here's their description: Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheesecake

Coconut Cheesecake Topped with Coconut Cream Custard, all on a Chocolate Macaroon Crust.

It was the chocolate macaroon crust that did me in.

DROOOOOOL! OMgoodness, I coconut

And who is that gorgeous man on every page? Hubba hubba.

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
Old 08-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #194
BC Disney Lover
Diva Prankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

Oh. Ha Ha! Sorry for my spelling error. I do pronounce it A as in Hay. I had a Candian friend once that told me a joke...........which I am sure you have told.

"How do you spell Canada?" C-eh, n-eh, d-eh.

My FIL talks just like that!
Old 08-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #195
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
What type of AP are you planning on getting?
I want to get the deluxe again because the weekends aren't blocked out in the fall/winter months.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: