Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:30 PM   #1651
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post

Then we had time so I convinced her to go to the costume store in old sac!!! It was JUST like you said Mel! WAY cool! If anyone is ever in this area you HAVE to check it out! SO neat! I even bought Shane's costume too! I got him a pirate costume and if I had more money I could have gotten him a REALLY nice costume! They had super nice costumes that are the quality of cast member costumes or whatever but they are VERY expensive like 200 or more. But I went for the 50 version so not quite so great but hey I am on a budget.
Oh I am so glad you liked it!! Isn't it huge??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
I feel so wrong right now.

I really can't stand my nephews and I don't think that's normal .

I usually am good with kids and I love my niece to pieces, but my nephews are vulgar, violent, spoiled rotten, unappreciative, disrepectful.....etc.

I full horrible for feeling this way, but after watching them for almost 3 months, my nerves are SHOT (there's only so much back talking & noise I can handle). I've been trying to teach them to be better individuals, but they are now 7 and 9 and I think they are set in their ways .

Thanks for letting me vent.
Vent all you want Katie. Are they living with you at the moment? Or do you take care of them part time?? Anywhos after reading Beth's post I think she is spot on!!! So I ditto everything she says. To me those actions are pretty bad for just a 7 and 9 year old. I presume that their home life is kind of ruff?? If I had nephews like that, I'd be pretty upset too. So you are perfectly normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
I'm glad to hear that. And the costume shop you went to sounds so cool. I'm glad you found a great costume for Shane!

I'm sorry Katie. I actually do think that's normal though. I mean we feel how we feel and cannot change that. kwim? It doesn't mean you wish them ill will or anything. And it's really not even them you dislike, but their behavior. Two separate things. You can love a child, but hate the way they act or things they do.

I don't think that at 7 and 9 they are set in their ways. That's still young. They can be taught to act differently. HOWEVER it would take time and consistency from ALL the adults in their lives. It's not something you alone can do in the short amount of time you spend with them.

I hope who ever is their main caregiver or parent works with them to change their behavior. Even if that means some sort of counseling or other intervention. The violent comment especially worries me. At this age, they can still change. If their behavior is allowed to continue it will get out of hand. And as a teen, they'd be much harder to control and could become dangerous to themselves and/or others.

What does their mom do about them?? It's really her responsibility to take care of this. And hopefully she will. For their sake and those around them.

In the meantime, if they are causing you to be this upset, you need to limit your time with them. Or at least take a break. It's not good for you and you are under enough stresses of your own.
I agree Beth!!

BTW- Cute pic of you and your DD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anut4disney View Post
I thought about her when mine started. I believe I was saying I didn't really have them anymore, made a liar out of myself didn't I.
When I was writing that out to you, I was thinking to myself, "Who did I just tell this to? " It was YOU!.......I'm really losing it lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Hey girls!

For those of you who live in So Cal probably know there is another fire. This one is near me. It's still far from us, but in our county. It smells of smoke and there's smoke all around us and ashes on the cars, but we're okay. No homes have been lost yet. The firefighters are predicting it to be contained by Saturday. I hope so. I don't ever remember having so many fires here in So Cal when I was younger. It's like they're one right after another.
Hey Courtney! My niece lives in Newberry Park, and says it is pretty bad there too. Take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulubellesDD View Post
Happy Wednesday! I hope everyone is having a tiggerific week so far! =) I wanted to let Dawn, Cheryl, Donna, Sarah, and Vicki know that my professor approved my pear story! Breezy's Adventures With The Perfect Pair is about the magical day spent at Disneyland. I put together a photo album using fairty tale scrapbook paper and wrote a little story about the adventures and fantasies we discovered throughout the day! Super cute and pretty fun to make! She said I can make a series with Bartlett and Bosc and use them throughout the semester so I am excited!! =)

Can't wait to see everyone in October (Or February!) <3
Bree, This is really cool. What a fun project for school!!! What a good excuse to go to DL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
Im afaid that I will eat one batch, and then need to make another for everyone else..
HOw about one for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Well, you are right that they are lucky. I'm sorry about your dad. mY upbringing was similar except my mom left when I was ten. My dad remarried twice, both step moms hated me. She passed away two years ago and my dad is lonely, I feel bad for him. Even though my mom lives in Buena Park we are not close. I never forgave her. As a mom I could never leave my child. Plus I feel like because of the lack of a mom I never really knew how to "do it right". KWIM? So to see how Bree turned out to be a lovely young lady and to read all your compliments touch my heart more than you could know.
Myn goodness!! Who would have known this?? You are a wonderful Mom, and Brianne is certainly the proof of your efforts. You are extremely blessed Linda, to have a wonderful DH and DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
Courtney I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers....I hope this fire doesn't get as out of hand as the others have. Keep us posted.

Hope everyone is having a good night. I'm having some quiet mom time....all is ok just a lot on my mind.
Hugs to you Janelle!

Hey Wendy!! It is so nice to see you hanging again!! What is happening in your life at the moment?

Cheryl,
I'm wondering how you are enjoying your first night in your Villa??
Old 09-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #1652
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Good night!
methinks I'm going to watch a movie in bed.
Tomorrow is a slightly busy day. I plan on getting up at a decent hour (before 11am), going to the gym, eating breakfast, getting ready for the day, STUDY STUDY STUDY for history exam, bake sugar cookies and make frosting for the cookies.

Tomorrow is the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy and my roomie Brynna and I are going down to the residence hall's MPR and claiming the television. I'm assuming more people will be joining us so those sugar cookies will come in handy!

Adios muchachas!
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2009, 12:30 AM   #1653
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Good night!
methinks I'm going to watch a movie in bed.
Tomorrow is a slightly busy day. I plan on getting up at a decent hour (before 11am), going to the gym, eating breakfast, getting ready for the day, STUDY STUDY STUDY for history exam, bake sugar cookies and make frosting for the cookies.

Tomorrow is the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy and my roomie Brynna and I are going down to the residence hall's MPR and claiming the television. I'm assuming more people will be joining us so those sugar cookies will come in handy!

Adios muchachas!
What fun!!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #1654
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Good morning ladies.

Quote:
I'm sorry Katie. I actually do think that's normal though. I mean we feel how we feel and cannot change that. kwim? It doesn't mean you wish them ill will or anything. And it's really not even them you dislike, but their behavior. Two separate things. You can love a child, but hate the way they act or things they do.

I don't think that at 7 and 9 they are set in their ways. That's still young. They can be taught to act differently. HOWEVER it would take time and consistency from ALL the adults in their lives. It's not something you alone can do in the short amount of time you spend with them.

I hope who ever is their main caregiver or parent works with them to change their behavior. Even if that means some sort of counseling or other intervention. The violent comment especially worries me. At this age, they can still change. If their behavior is allowed to continue it will get out of hand. And as a teen, they'd be much harder to control and could become dangerous to themselves and/or others.

What does their mom do about them?? It's really her responsibility to take care of this. And hopefully she will. For their sake and those around them.

In the meantime, if they are causing you to be this upset, you need to limit your time with them. Or at least take a break. It's not good for you and you are under enough stresses of your own.
Thanks Beth! I know they can change it just seems impossible. I watch Supernanny and she helps kids even older . Their parents need to be the ones who do it, but I don't see that happening anytime soon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post

Katie, it sounds so frustrating about your nephews. But everything Beth said was spot on. You can only do so much. You're such a sweet lady to try and help them. Hopefully they see one adult reaching out and try to behave themselves.
Thanks for the support Courtney. They don't think I'm so sweet for trying to help. One of them even called me the "B" word. They are NOT used to having someone discipline them or tell them no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Vent all you want Katie. Are they living with you at the moment? Or do you take care of them part time?? Anywhos after reading Beth's post I think she is spot on!!! So I ditto everything she says. To me those actions are pretty bad for just a 7 and 9 year old. I presume that their home life is kind of ruff?? If I had nephews like that, I'd be pretty upset too. So you are perfectly normal.
I watched them all day in the summer, but now I pick them up from school and watch them until 6:30. Yes their home life is ruff right now because my sister and BIL just separated, but they have been like this since they were small. I hate to say it, but it was how they were raised. My BIL isn't the most "caring" father & my sister just ignores them when they do something wrong.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #1655
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning divas!!

Mel you were SO right about Evangelines! What a cool place and yes it is HUGE! It used to be a really cool old restaurant and while it is sad that the restaurant went out it is probably the neatest costume store I have ever seen! We "may" attempt one last time to see HP at the Arden Mall as that is one of the last places it is playing and since that is close to downtown I may try to convince Shane to go check it out either before or after the movie. Esp since now our Sunday plans were all scrapped since my friend is no longer coming. He looks really great in his costume by the way!

Courtney be safe with the fire! I hope it stays away from your home!!!

Katie I am so sorry for what you are going through! That is rough! It is really hard being around kids that are so hateful and awful. Let's just say I know how you feel and I will leave it at that. I 100% agree with Beth's advice and I hope that you can get some resolution cuz that is NO fun having to be around that all the time! I KNOW!!

Bree that is awesome about your project and Linda you are a GREAT mom and I think that sometimes when we come from bad situations we try all the harder to be better than what we came from. To sort of make up for it if that makes sense and you CERTAINLY did that! You guys are great together and you did a WONDERFUL job! You have a great gal there!!

Shirley I meant to mention yesterday I feel your pain with the migraines. I am a big time migraine suffererer and take daily meds for it. ((hugs)) and I hope you are feeling better!!

Cristabel have fun watching Grey's tonight! As for me I will be watching Survivor, Flash Forward and Fringe and tivoing CSI!! LOTS of good tv tonight!!!

No work for me today since my friend isn't coming so just laundry and other chores round here. And then as I said I have a date with my tv tonight and can't wait!!!

Then tomorrow everyone arrives and mom and I and the girls are going up to help set up at the hotel as soon as the girls are out of school and then Lynn has to work and Shane and my dad will come up after Shane gets off work. I don't know who all will be there tomorrow night but I am excited to see everyone and visit. And then Saturday is the big party so I can't wait to get to see all my family! It will be really fun! Plus my uncle is NOT doing well so this may be his last big birthday or his last birthday period which is really sad to say. He is the relative that really brings our family together. So I am glad that we are doing this for him!!

Anyway hope everyone has a GREAT day and ttyl!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 09-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #1656
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Good morning! Thank you everyone for the stay safes!

Quote:
Thanks.
Stay safe and indoors as much as possible.
Thanks, Beth!!

Quote:
Well, you are right that they are lucky. I'm sorry about your dad. mY upbringing was similar except my mom left when I was ten. My dad remarried twice, both step moms hated me. She passed away two years ago and my dad is lonely, I feel bad for him. Even though my mom lives in Buena Park we are not close. I never forgave her. As a mom I could never leave my child. Plus I feel like because of the lack of a mom I never really knew how to "do it right". KWIM? So to see how Bree turned out to be a lovely young lady and to read all your compliments touch my heart more than you could know.
Oh Linda. I haven't even met Breezy yet and I can just tell you raised a wonderful DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
Courtney I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers....I hope this fire doesn't get as out of hand as the others have. Keep us posted.
Thank you, Janelle. I hope they get it under control. Yesterday they said they should have it contained by Saturday, but then later last night it grew bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
Courtney, be careful. Try not to go outside if you can help it.
Thank you.

Quote:
Courtney- you stay away from the fires, girl! I hope they get it under control SOON.
Thanks, Linda! I hope they get it under control soon too. It's been so hot and the crazy wind, I feel bad for those firefighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Courtney - I thought of you when I heard on the news that the smoke was blowing towarad Camarillo...I'm Sorry!! Hopefully they'll have it out soon and you all can breath clean air again. Even though the fire is not too far away the smoke seems to be blowing the opposite direction and we have been lucky. I had a horrible coughing attack last night so I have been using my inhaler just in case there is smoke in the air that we can't really see. I do hope they get the fire(s) under control soon.
Hi Vicki!! You're my only Ventura County-ian here! The smoke is worse in Camarillo, but I can still smell/see/feel it in Oxnard too. We live on the far end of Oxnard, closer to Ventura, so those mountains right where the fires are near Fillmore are right behind us. The VC Star said the only cities in Ventura County that have no smoke is Simi, Piru and Ojai. You're lucky you haven't been getting any smoke! Stay safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Hey Courtney! My niece lives in Newberry Park, and says it is pretty bad there too. Take care!
Thanks, Melody! Tell your niece to stay safe too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Thanks for the support Courtney. They don't think I'm so sweet for trying to help. One of them even called me the "B" word. They are NOT used to having someone discipline them or tell them no..
Ugh, how frustrating. Big hugs and lots of patience sent your way.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #1657
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

spoiler alert - DWTW

Quote:
Courtney- you stay away from the fires, girl! I hope they get it under control SOON.

We are watching DWTS. Ashley Hamilton deservingly went home. Don't know which woman is going, but I hope it is Macy.
Since it is the day after, you probably know now that you got your wish. She was the worst, but watching was a guilty pleasure... I wanted to see what she'd do next. Like watching a train wreck.

One of the things I like the best is watching supermodels dance poorly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
HI!

Mr. CA made it home from Orlando/Atlanta today but he has to go back on Monday to ATL...Oh well, I am just happy he is home for a couple of days!

We 'celebrated' by going to back to school night.

Donna - I'm armed and ready to call first thing tomorrow for the F dessert party, early seating.

We are going to DL this weekend to celebrate Mr. CA's DS's BD and we are planning to spend the night Sat. night. I think we've decided on HoJo's, we've never stayed there and all of the AP rates are sold out at the DL hotels. I am really excited to ride Space Mt and HM and to see the new Halloween fireworks and the decorations.

I'm off to bed soon to read and to spend time with Mr. CA after the kids are in bed. (Yep, we have the kids until he leaves again on Monday...my idea because his ex-wife has had them for the past 10 days and I could tell she needed a break and he misses them.) I think we'll get a weekend alone when he meets me in Colorado in October.
And that's why he is so lucky to have you in his life!
Did you manage to get through to someone at Hojo's who can get you the better building? Or did you find out how the other buildings are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Morning divas!!

Mel you were SO right about Evangelines! What a cool place and yes it is HUGE! It used to be a really cool old restaurant and while it is sad that the restaurant went out it is probably the neatest costume store I have ever seen! We "may" attempt one last time to see HP at the Arden Mall

Katie I am so sorry for what you are going through! That is rough! It is really hard being around kids that are so hateful and awful. Let's just say I know how you feel and I will leave it at that. I 100% agree with Beth's advice and I hope that you can get some resolution cuz that is NO fun having to be around that all the time! I KNOW!!

!
Katie, ditto everything Beth and Mel and Kelly said!
Kelly, have a fabulous time at your uncle's party. It will be triple digits here today.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
Old 09-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #1658
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Thanks Donna! I don't know about you but I am SO ready for some cool weather!! Our party is up on Yuba City and it is EVEN hotter there than here in Sac. YUCK! It will most likely be in the 100's up there this weekend as well. BLEH! Hopefully you have something cool that you can do!

Luckily we will be inside all weekend. Tomorrow night we are doing a pizza deal kind of like our meet and greet at HoJo's. All the relatives that are coming from all over the US and World are staying at this one hotel so they rented out the conference room and we are getting pizza and some hors douerves trays as well as a sheet cake and basically just sitting around and visiting. But this stupid hotel doesn't allow any alcohol. Doesn't bother me since I don't drink but I know my mom was bummed as she likes her wine.

And then the actual party on Saturday is going to be a prime rib buffet dinner at a restaurant up there. So luckily we will be indoors the entire time out of the heat. The last time we had a reunion it was outside at my aunt's house who lives up there. So I am glad we aren't doing that!!

I just hope it is cool but not too cool or too hot for the Oct trip. I know when I went in 07 it was actually kind of cold and when I looked at my pics it was earlier in the month. We went around the 12th I think. It actually RAINED the night of our Halloween party. So hopefully we have nice weather. Not too hot and not too cold!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 09-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #1659
anut4disney
Just call me bashful

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment.
That's so nice they are close like that. I envy those who have close relationships with their dads. I never knew my biological father and my step-dad and I were barely civil to each other while I was growing up. I often wonder how having a father in the picture would have changed my life, or if it would have made a difference at all.
Guess I'll never know.

Thanks.
Stay safe and indoors as much as possible.
I didn't even know who my dad was until I was 4 (called my grandfather Daddy), actually didn't know that I had a sister until then either. He and my mother divorced when we were very young and each took a child.

When I was 4 they decided that I should live with him and his new wife. Well his wife loved me, he disliked me and showed it every chance that he could. He deserted us when I was around eight and my stepmother raised both me and my sister as her own. Mom didn't want us and for sure dad didn't but Mommy(stepmother) was there for us until the day that she died.

I too wonder how I would have been if they had been in my life. Maybe I wouldn't be so shy or would have confidence to do things. Who knows but I wouldn't give up anything if it had meant that we didn't have the wonderful lady who raised us.

Boy did I ramble on.

Raymond (aka Grumpy).
Wonderful husband, father and grandfather.
You are in our hearts forever.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:59 PM   #1660
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Morning Divas!!
I've got errands to run today. I kept the car because Noelle has a back to school dance to go to. Her first dance. How cute!! And while I'm out I'm picking up the ingredient for puppy chow!

Linda, and Shirley~ I am sorry for what you both went through. Linda for your mom to leave and Shirley for both your parents to take off, well, it's just unimaginable. I'm glad Shirley you had someone wonderful in your life to raise you. For both of you, I don't know any kinder, sweeter or more fun women! And I'm so honored to call you both my friends. And Brianne is wonderful, you did a great job Linda. And Shirley, I know from what you've said so is your DD.

Vicki~ Glad Mr. CA is home. If only for a few days.

Katie~ If the parents are unwilling to do anything about it, then I'm afraid it's out of your hands. You can try, and you should, but truthfully, it would take consistency and if the mom won't reinforce it, then odds are it wouldn't stick with them. It's sad really. And those are the people who will be out there with our kids when they are grown up.

Kelly~ YAY for a good tv night!! Anyone watch Cougar Town or Modern Family last night?? What'd ya think?

Ok, I'm outta here. TTYL
Old 09-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #1661
BC Disney Lover
Diva Prankster

Quote:
Kelly~ YAY for a good tv night!! Anyone watch Cougar Town or Modern Family last night?? What'd ya think?
I watched Modern Family and thought it was great, I loved the Lion King part!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:50 PM   #1662
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Wow, Linda, that shocked me to hear about your childhood. You hear a lot about kids growing up without a dad (unfortunately I was one of them, too), but to hear that a mom abandoned her child, well, that's just unthinkable!

Breezy, if you're reading, skip this next part or your head might explode.

And I agree with everyone else. Bree is a gorgeous, intelligent, thoughtful, amazing young woman, and we all know who raised her up to be that way.
Callie, your post brought a tear to my eye.
That is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said.
Thank you.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 09-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #1663
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
I watched Modern Family and thought it was great, I loved the Lion King part!
We watched both after DWTS.

We really liked Modern Family (although I think Ed O'Neills wife is mis-cast; didn't care for her and think she was not believeable as his wife). I especially liked the end when Julie Bowen said "you named her Lilly, won't she have a hard time pronouncing that?" and when Ed said "Oh, let me see the little pot sticker!". We already saw this episode at the D23 expo and I laughed just as much the second time.

We thought Cougartown was dumb (and I like Courtney Cox, just not this show).

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 09-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #1664
anut4disney
Just call me bashful

Here is a strange question but what is the weather like in Feb/Mar?

Of course with me being the hot flash queen it shouldn't matter but I was wondering what to bring.

Raymond (aka Grumpy).
Wonderful husband, father and grandfather.
You are in our hearts forever.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #1665
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

I hope CheryL had a great time at the Villas! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Big Hugs for Linda just cuz i wannnnnnnnnnA!

BLooooooooooooOOOoooooOOOoooWs some rain to Courtney to help with the fires

aahhh Katie... you are such a good person.. hang in there. Don't be afraid to tell your family that this can't go on forever.. and you will watch them til a date you decide then you will need help.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: