Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #1636
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Hey girls!

For those of you who live in So Cal probably know there is another fire. This one is near me. It's still far from us, but in our county. It smells of smoke and there's smoke all around us and ashes on the cars, but we're okay. No homes have been lost yet. The firefighters are predicting it to be contained by Saturday. I hope so. I don't ever remember having so many fires here in So Cal when I was younger. It's like they're one right after another.

Beth, that pic of you and your DD is adorable. She's darling!

Melody, that's crazy about the CP prices. We're going to be there that week/weekend, but not going to the CP. I hope you can find out more info soon.

Shirley, I hope you feel better! Migraines just suck.

Katie, it sounds so frustrating about your nephews. But everything Beth said was spot on. You can only do so much. You're such a sweet lady to try and help them. Hopefully they see one adult reaching out and try to behave themselves.

Hi Wendy and Linda and Kelly!!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #1637
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
I love that pic of you and your DD, Beth. You are both so pretty.

My DD is home today. Actually spending it with DH, kind of playing secretary for him all day. He was not feeling well. They have a lot of fun together, they are so close.
Thanks for the compliment.
That's so nice they are close like that. I envy those who have close relationships with their dads. I never knew my biological father and my step-dad and I were barely civil to each other while I was growing up. I often wonder how having a father in the picture would have changed my life, or if it would have made a difference at all.
Guess I'll never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Hey girls!

For those of you who live in So Cal probably know there is another fire. This one is near me. It's still far from us, but in our county. It smells of smoke and there's smoke all around us and ashes on the cars, but we're okay.

Beth, that pic of you and your DD is adorable. She's darling!
Thanks.
Stay safe and indoors as much as possible.
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #1638
LulubellesDD
~*~Former DL CM who still loves the magic~*~

Hello Divas!

Happy Wednesday! I hope everyone is having a tiggerific week so far! =) I wanted to let Dawn, Cheryl, Donna, Sarah, and Vicki know that my professor approved my pear story! Breezy's Adventures With The Perfect Pair is about the magical day spent at Disneyland. I put together a photo album using fairty tale scrapbook paper and wrote a little story about the adventures and fantasies we discovered throughout the day! Super cute and pretty fun to make! She said I can make a series with Bartlett and Bosc and use them throughout the semester so I am excited!! =)

Can't wait to see everyone in October (Or February!) <3

Brianne
Lulubelles DD

Love and Light
Old 09-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #1639
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Me three (on the banner)
Hi Shirley

I love that pic of you and your DD, Beth. You are both so pretty.

My DD is home today. Actually spending it with DH, kind of playing secretary for him all day. He was not feeling well. They have a lot of fun together, they are so close.

Have a great day everyone.
That is so awesome that they are so close. You raised her to be a wonderful young woman. The way she interacts with people she just meets in line shows what a wonderful heart she has. Great job!!

Cristabel - whats the recipe for Puppy Chow? Let me know, thank!!!

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 09-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #1640
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post

Hi Stacie. I'm not Cristabel, , but after she posted about Puppy Chow, I looked it up and found this recipe on allrecipes. I'd never heard of it before! But this one got good reviews. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Puppy-Chow/Detail.aspx

I like allrecipes because you can see pics from others who've made it and read their tips and advice.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #1641
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hi Stacie. I'm not Cristabel, , but after she posted about Puppy Chow, I looked it up and found this recipe on allrecipes. I'd never heard of it before! But this one got good reviews. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Puppy-Chow/Detail.aspx

I like allrecipes because you can see pics from others who've made it and read their tips and advice.
That's the recipe, it's so yummy!! I try not to make it too often because I end up eating too much of it!!
Old 09-23-2009, 08:21 PM   #1642
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
9 cup Chex
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Put cereal in large bowl. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake well to coat. Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.

This is the most common recipe but I didn't use butter or vanilla (that just sounds gross!) and I used Life cereal instead of Chex.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #1643
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:

Thanks! My nephews and brother are coming over this weekend and I want to make it for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
That's the recipe, it's so yummy!! I try not to make it too often because I end up eating too much of it!!
Im afaid that I will eat one batch, and then need to make another for everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
9 cup Chex
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Put cereal in large bowl. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake well to coat. Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.

This is the most common recipe but I didn't use butter or vanilla (that just sounds gross!) and I used Life cereal instead of Chex.
Great....Id skip the butter and vanilla too I think.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 09-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #1644
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Thanks! My nephews and brother are coming over this weekend and I want to make it for them.

Im afaid that I will eat one batch, and then need to make another for everyone else.

Great....Id skip the butter and vanilla too I think.
Oh yeah, you definitely need to make at least 2 batches! And the recipe from Allrecipes didn't include butter or vanilla. It's just so easy to make, and way too easy to eat!! Hmmm, maybe I should make some...
Old 09-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #1645
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment.
That's so nice they are close like that. I envy those who have close relationships with their dads. I never knew my biological father and my step-dad and I were barely civil to each other while I was growing up. I often wonder how having a father in the picture would have changed my life, or if it would have made a difference at all.
Guess I'll never know

Thanks.
Stay safe and indoors as much as possible.
Well, you are right that they are lucky. I'm sorry about your dad. mY upbringing was similar except my mom left when I was ten. My dad remarried twice, both step moms hated me. She passed away two years ago and my dad is lonely, I feel bad for him. Even though my mom lives in Buena Park we are not close. I never forgave her. As a mom I could never leave my child. Plus I feel like because of the lack of a mom I never really knew how to "do it right". KWIM? So to see how Bree turned out to be a lovely young lady and to read all your compliments touch my heart more than you could know.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 09-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #1646
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Courtney I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers....I hope this fire doesn't get as out of hand as the others have. Keep us posted.

Hope everyone is having a good night. I'm having some quiet mom time....all is ok just a lot on my mind.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #1647
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulubellesDD View Post
Happy Wednesday! I hope everyone is having a tiggerific week so far! =) I wanted to let Dawn, Cheryl, Donna, Sarah, and Vicki know that my professor approved my pear story! Breezy's Adventures With The Perfect Pair is about the magical day spent at Disneyland. I put together a photo album using fairty tale scrapbook paper and wrote a little story about the adventures and fantasies we discovered throughout the day! Super cute and pretty fun to make! She said I can make a series with Bartlett and Bosc and use them throughout the semester so I am excited!! =)

Can't wait to see everyone in October (Or February!) <3
Breezy, that is great news!

Quote:
Well, you are right that they are lucky. I'm sorry about your dad. mY upbringing was similar except my mom left when I was ten. My dad remarried twice, both step moms hated me. She passed away two years ago and my dad is lonely, I feel bad for him. Even though my mom lives in Buena Park we are not close. I never forgave her. As a mom I could never leave my child. Plus I feel like because of the lack of a mom I never really knew how to "do it right". KWIM? So to see how Bree turned out to be a lovely young lady and to read all your compliments touch my heart more than you could know.
Aw, Linda, That is the hardest thing possible on a little girl. I'm sorry. I had that on the dad side so I understand. But the wonderful thing is that you turned out to be a really great mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Hey girls!

For those of you who live in So Cal probably know there is another fire. This one is near me. It's still far from us, but in our county. It smells of smoke and there's smoke all around us and ashes on the cars, but we're okay. No homes have been lost yet. The firefighters are predicting it to be contained by Saturday. I hope so. I don't ever remember having so many fires here in So Cal when I was younger. It's like they're one right after another.

!!
Courtney, be careful. Try not to go outside if you can help it.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
Old 09-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #1648
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Courtney- you stay away from the fires, girl! I hope they get it under control SOON.

We are watching DWTS. Ashley Hamilton deservingly went home. Don't know which woman is going, but I hope it is Macy.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 09-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #1649
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Quote:
Wow, Linda, that shocked me to hear about your childhood. You hear a lot about kids growing up without a dad (unfortunately I was one of them, too), but to hear that a mom abandoned her child, well, that's just unthinkable!

Breezy, if you're reading, skip this next part or your head might explode.

And I agree with everyone else. Bree is a gorgeous, intelligent, thoughtful, amazing young woman, and we all know who raised her up to be that way.

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
Old 09-23-2009, 11:16 PM   #1650
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

HI!

Mr. CA made it home from Orlando/Atlanta today but he has to go back on Monday to ATL...Oh well, I am just happy he is home for a couple of days!

We 'celebrated' by going to back to school night.

Courtney - I thought of you when I heard on the news that the smoke was blowing towarad Camarillo...I'm Sorry!! Hopefully they'll have it out soon and you all can breath clean air again. Even though the fire is not too far away the smoke seems to be blowing the opposite direction and we have been lucky. I had a horrible coughing attack last night so I have been using my inhaler just in case there is smoke in the air that we can't really see. I do hope they get the fire(s) under control soon.

Linda - I agree, Breezy is a wonderful, beautiful girl...you did a great job! I wish my DD lived closer so I could see her as much as you see Bree.

Bree - What wonderful news about your professor and the pears! It was fun being witness to a couple of their photo ops! I love it when a professor has a sense of humor!

Donna - I'm armed and ready to call first thing tomorrow for the F dessert party, early seating.

We are going to DL this weekend to celebrate Mr. CA's DS's BD and we are planning to spend the night Sat. night. I think we've decided on HoJo's, we've never stayed there and all of the AP rates are sold out at the DL hotels. I am really excited to ride Space Mt and HM and to see the new Halloween fireworks and the decorations.

I'm off to bed soon to read and to spend time with Mr. CA after the kids are in bed. (Yep, we have the kids until he leaves again on Monday...my idea because his ex-wife has had them for the past 10 days and I could tell she needed a break and he misses them.) I think we'll get a weekend alone when he meets me in Colorado in October.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: