Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #1621
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
BTW, Beth, that pic of you and your daughter is adorable.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Beth thanks so much about my friend but we are still having my uncle's 90th/family reunion. My friend was just coming out to go to it so although I will miss seeing HER I still get to see all the rest of my family and go to the party so I am still really excited about that!
Got it. That's good and sounds like it will be a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post

Beth- You DD is lovely. What grade is she in?? I can't remember if she already started Jr. High??
Thanks. She's in 8th grade and will be 13 this November. She's going to be tall I think, already probably around 5'7". We just went through her closet and had to give away 13 pairs of jeans she'd outgrown.

Good morning everyone!! I've got to take Hannah to the dentist today. She's getting three teeth pulled. Check back later! Have a good day.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #1622
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Register to remove

Old 09-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #1623
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post

Moning all!!

I just called Disney dining, and I am pretty discouraged. I want to purchase Candlelight Dinner tickets. Of course they don't have any info on them yet, which I expected. What I wanted to know was when to plan on trying to get them and if I had to pay full price for kids. They don't know yet when to purchase them, and as of now I have to pay FULL price for a 3 and 5 year old!!! 85+ dollars for each of them!! Are you bloomin kidding? They won't even hardly eat anything. They also told me no AP discount!! It just keeps getting better.

Ok........vent over for the moment.

I hope the rest of you have a good day.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #1624
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

Moning all!!

I just called Disney dining, and I am pretty discouraged. I want to purchase Candlelight Dinner tickets. Of course they don't have any info on them yet, which I expected. What I wanted to know was when to plan on trying to get them and if I had to pay full price for kids. They don't know yet when to purchase them, and as of now I have to pay FULL price for a 3 and 5 year old!!! 85+ dollars for each of them!! Are you bloomin kidding? They won't even hardly eat anything. They also told me no AP discount!! It just keeps getting better.

$85 for an adult is expensive but for a toddler? Outrageous!
That really is a bummer.

Hi Melody

Old 09-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #1625
anut4disney
Just call me bashful

Hey ladies, haven't been on for a few days. Woke up Sunday with a severe migraine and it lasted until last night. Only good thing I lost 2.5 lbs, shame it won't stay away.

I hope that everyone is having a great day and I will be on later.

Raymond (aka Grumpy).
Wonderful husband, father and grandfather.
You are in our hearts forever.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #1626
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
$85 for an adult is expensive but for a toddler? Outrageous!
That really is a bummer.

Hi Melody
Hi Sweettie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anut4disney View Post
Hey ladies, haven't been on for a few days. Woke up Sunday with a severe migraine and it lasted until last night. Only good thing I lost 2.5 lbs, shame it won't stay away.

Aw!!
Migraines are the pits! My oldest DD Becky gets them.

Nice to see you around again!!

Last edited by tinkermell; 09-23-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #1627
mommaU4

Quote:

Moning all!!

I wanna play!! lol

Melody, that's a lot of money for such little kids. Wow. I'm sorry it's so frustrating and they didn't have much info for you yet. I love Disney, but as we all know, sometimes their prices just make me go !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anut4disney View Post

Hey Shirley. Sorry about the migraine.
I like your biggest loser banner. You can do it!! There are several here working on weight loss, myself included. Check out our WISH thread. Link is on the front page.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #1628
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
I wanna play!! lol

Melody, that's a lot of money for such little kids. Wow. I'm sorry it's so frustrating and they didn't have much info for you yet. I love Disney, but as we all know, sometimes their prices just make me go !!!

Beth, I know, I know!!
As Dave would say, "They got you by the gonads."

Hey Shirley. Sorry about the migraine.
I like your biggest loser banner. You can do it!! There are several here working on weight loss, myself included. Check out our WISH thread. Link is on the front page.
I like your banner too Shirley!
Old 09-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #1629
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Me three (on the banner)
Hi Shirley

I love that pic of you and your DD, Beth. You are both so pretty.

My DD is home today. Actually spending it with DH, kind of playing secretary for him all day. He was not feeling well. They have a lot of fun together, they are so close.

Have a great day everyone.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 09-23-2009, 05:02 PM   #1630
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Melody, the price for a child is ridiculous! I can't believe they would charge that...oh wait, yes I can.

Shirley, sorry about the migraines.

Linda, Bree is so great, I hope when/if I have a daughter, she's as great as yours!

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 09-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #1631
Zoemakes5
Support me in my Disney mania
Still likes pennies more than quarters
Had to pop SOMETHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
OOH! That stuff looks cool! Love the picture of you two knock out girls! Didn't know that my address was floating out there!

Hi AmySue! I can't keep up either! I hope that you will come and have a mini meet with me at my hotel. Remember I will be in San Diego on Oct 19-20th.
I'd love to see you too! Do you still have my number? I'm sure I can visit you while you're here...
Old 09-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #1632
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Afternoon all! I am back from my day! MUCH better day today then yesterday. I went and saw my neuro but unfortunately he doesn't take my new ins. I REALLY like him and it took forever for me to get a doctor to finally refer me to one. He was going to give me 3 months supply of my headache meds but since I am right in the middle of a RX I don't think my ins will do it and by next week I will have NEW ins and then I can't do it. SOOOO frustrating. So I am basically just going to tell everything he told me to my new primary next week and HOPE that he can deal with it and maybe refer me to someone decent! I am just so bummed that I am losing 2 good docs! But anyway then mom and I had lunch at CA pizza kitchen which was yum!

Then we had time so I convinced her to go to the costume store in old sac!!! It was JUST like you said Mel! WAY cool! If anyone is ever in this area you HAVE to check it out! SO neat! I even bought Shane's costume too! I got him a pirate costume and if I had more money I could have gotten him a REALLY nice costume! They had super nice costumes that are the quality of cast member costumes or whatever but they are VERY expensive like 200 or more. But I went for the 50 version so not quite so great but hey I am on a budget

Then I went and saw my surgeon and he said I am healing ok but still wants to do another check in 2 more weeks. I am pretty sure he takes my new ins but luckily I am still under the 90 post op which is all covered so I don't have to worry.

Then mom and I went to that shoe store but they didn't have the shoes after all that we wanted so that didn't work out but it was still a pretty fun day none the less.

Now tonight the girls have church although Lynn doesn't want to go so so much for Shane and I having a night to ourselves. Oh well!

And I DID find two remote theaters playing Harry potter but only at night and I don't know if it will even still be playing by this weekend so I hate to even THINK about it but we MAY try one last time IF it is still playing at one of the theaters this weekend since my friend didn't come and we have Sunday open now. We will just have to see what happens.

But anyway that was my day! Hope everyone else has a good rest of their day!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 09-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #1633
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

I feel so wrong right now.

I really can't stand my nephews and I don't think that's normal .

I usually am good with kids and I love my niece to pieces, but my nephews are vulgar, violent, spoiled rotten, unappreciative, disrepectful.....etc.

I full horrible for feeling this way, but after watching them for almost 3 months, my nerves are SHOT (there's only so much back talking & noise I can handle). I've been trying to teach them to be better individuals, but they are now 7 and 9 and I think they are set in their ways .

Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #1634
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Afternoon all! I am back from my day! MUCH better day today then yesterday.
I'm glad to hear that. And the costume shop you went to sounds so cool. I'm glad you found a great costume for Shane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
I feel so wrong right now.

I really can't stand my nephews and I don't think that's normal .

I usually am good with kids and I love my niece to pieces, but my nephews are vulgar, violent, spoiled rotten, unappreciative, disrepectful.....etc.

I full horrible for feeling this way, but after watching them for almost 3 months, my nerves are SHOT (there's only so much back talking & noise I can handle). I've been trying to teach them to be better individuals, but they are now 7 and 9 and I think they are set in their ways .

Thanks for letting me vent.
I'm sorry Katie. I actually do think that's normal though. I mean we feel how we feel and cannot change that. kwim? It doesn't mean you wish them ill will or anything. And it's really not even them you dislike, but their behavior. Two separate things. You can love a child, but hate the way they act or things they do.

I don't think that at 7 and 9 they are set in their ways. That's still young. They can be taught to act differently. HOWEVER it would take time and consistency from ALL the adults in their lives. It's not something you alone can do in the short amount of time you spend with them.

I hope who ever is their main caregiver or parent works with them to change their behavior. Even if that means some sort of counseling or other intervention. The violent comment especially worries me. At this age, they can still change. If their behavior is allowed to continue it will get out of hand. And as a teen, they'd be much harder to control and could become dangerous to themselves and/or others.

What does their mom do about them?? It's really her responsibility to take care of this. And hopefully she will. For their sake and those around them.

In the meantime, if they are causing you to be this upset, you need to limit your time with them. Or at least take a break. It's not good for you and you are under enough stresses of your own.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:47 PM   #1635
anut4disney
Just call me bashful

Quote:
Hi Sweettie!!

Aw!!
Migraines are the pits! My oldest DD Becky gets them.

Nice to see you around again!!
I thought about her when mine started. I believe I was saying I didn't really have them anymore, made a liar out of myself didn't I.

Raymond (aka Grumpy).
Wonderful husband, father and grandfather.
You are in our hearts forever.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: