Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 02:12 PM   #1591
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
Wasn't there also a purple one? If there was, that's the one I wanted. I'll have to look in WDW when I'm there... in 10 days!!! I checked in online this morning... Can't wait, and DH still doesn't know where we're going!!
I'm not sure. It seems there WAS another color, so you're probably right.

10 days!!! Wow, almost to single digits!! How exciting that he still doesn't know. I cannot wait to hear all about his reaction and the trip!

Last edited by mommaU4; 09-22-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #1592
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
I'm not sure. It seems there WAS another color, so you're probably right.

10 days!!! Wow, almost to double digits!! How exciting that he still doesn't know. I cannot wait to hear all about his reaction and the trip!
Shouldn't that be single digits?? I know, you're having too much fun with your game to worry about other things
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #1593
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Oh my gosh I am back from my morning. What a CRAZY day it has been SHEESH! I went to the post office and first I got a bill from the surgery center for my surgery! I SHOULD have known when the check in lady said there was no charge that she was WRONG! I had to pay a co-pay when I had my surgery back in Feb but she said there was no charge. Well sure enough there was so I got a nice big bill today! UGH! That sucks when you aren't expecting something like that! Plus I still haven't gotten the bills yet from my 2 visits to the ER but I KNOW those are coming!

Anyway so then we went across the street to Walmart and NO Ghost Whisperer. They didn't even have ANY seasons of it. So I DID get the birthday card for my uncle but they didn't have much of a selection. I REALLY don't like that Walmart. But anyway so then we went to the credit union that I was going to have Lynn open her acct at and it didn't open till 10! Mine opens at 9! So we were right next to Target so I went in and luckily they had 1 copy of GW! I don't think they had very many to begin with since it JUST came out today but anyway I got it luckily but then when I went to pay they said my debit card didn't work. Luckily it also works as a visa so we were able to get it but I was like AHHHHH!

So anyway then we went and got ALL the way through this process of opening up her acct and then they wouldn't let her do it because I had to be on the acct and I had a bankruptcy 10 years ago and they wouldn't let us do it. I was like for goodness sake. I was NOT happy! So we drove to one of the branches of MY bank and I couldn't get IN! It turns out at THAT branch you have to slide your atm card just to get in the door! I was like for the love of mike! We finally got in the door only to read that they couldn't issue any debit cards. I was like NOW WHAT! I was NOT having a good day!

But anyway so then we had to drive all the way over to MY bank where we have our account but the good news is at least THERE Lynn was able to get her OWN acct AND she was able to get a debit card not just an atm. So it turned out ok in the end but what a nightmare! SHEESH!

I am just glad I am home now. As soon as I finish my lunch I plan to watch DWTS finally and then start watching GW!!

Hope everyone is having a better day then I! TTYL!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 09-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #1594
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
Shouldn't that be single digits?? I know, you're having too much fun with your game to worry about other things
LOL Uhhhh, yeah. Single digits is much more exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Oh my gosh I am back from my morning. What a CRAZY day it has been SHEESH!
Blah, I hate days like that when it's one little thing going wrong after another.

Where is everyone???? This thread is so quiet. Where are our regulars? Where's Cheryl, Dawn, Wendy, Deb, Stacie, everyone?? I know some were on vacation, but still. It's too quiet, like a ghost town.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:45 PM   #1595
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

I'm here...just being a stalker and not saying anything.

Beth, that game of LIFE looks like fun!

Sorry to hear about your frustrating day Kelly.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:51 PM   #1596
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

I'm lurking too--trying to get back to 'REAL' life. Had a really fun weekend with Dawn although we weren't in the parks that much. A few negatives (Disney's definition of "concierge" and ours differs quite a bit). Getting work done today because TOMORROW I get to go to grand opening of the Villas at the Grand Californian! Whoo hoo! I actually got to see a villa Sunday night because my guide was staying there with his family and invited me over. It was AWESOME. They had a great view of Paradise Pier--even on the second floor. I'm hoping that we get a park view too--but whatever I'm just excited to be there!

TTYL

Cheryl

Old 09-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #1597
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
I'm here...just being a stalker and not saying anything.
I thought I felt someone watching me!
Well, speak up woman! I know I speak for everyone when I say, we miss you Wendall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
I'm lurking too--trying to get back to 'REAL' life. Had a really fun weekend with Dawn although we weren't in the parks that much. A few negatives (Disney's definition of "concierge" and ours differs quite a bit). Getting work done today because TOMORROW I get to go to grand opening of the Villas at the Grand Californian! Whoo hoo! I actually got to see a villa Sunday night because my guide was staying there with his family and invited me over. It was AWESOME. They had a great view of Paradise Pier--even on the second floor. I'm hoping that we get a park view too--but whatever I'm just excited to be there!

TTYL

Cheryl
Hey Chery! Oh, I bet getting back to real life would be quite a challenge after the fun you've had lately.
And it seems the fun continues! How very cool you get to go to the villas! I'd tell you to enjoy that but I know you will. lol

So you'll have to elaborate on the whole Disney concierge comment. I'm curious. Not that I'll ever stay anywhere concierge but I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:01 PM   #1598
cccdisney
DIS Diva

I'm around too - trying to multi-task, that's all!
I went to the Disney Store this morning for the Halloween exchange. $60 later (obviously not all for the exchange) I left the store wanting to drive immediately to DLR! They had some good deals.
But it was the music that was doing me in! I DLR music!
Old 09-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #1599
wendylady36

Cheryl, it sounds like you and Dawn had a great time! How exciting about the grand opening of the Villas tomorrow and the sneak preview you got on Sunday!
Old 09-22-2009, 06:21 PM   #1600
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Hi ladies!!
Wow I had alot to catch up on!!

Big hugs to all of you.

Welcome Cassi!! I love your pictures!!

I am jealous of the conceirge ladies!!! What fun!!!

I have big news!!

I'm going to be a grandma again. My DIL who had the miscarriage in May is expecting again. So now I have 2 grandbabies on the way, only a month apart. I'm going to be a busy grandma!!!

I'm going to talk to my son about designing a shirt, and see what he thinks about a pirate princess theme, and how to go about it. Just because I do this, does not mean we have to do it. I just want to get some ideas. I hope that is OK?
Congrats mel! Good Vibes for a healthy pregnancy for both! Also I think it would be great if he could work on the design and I agree with Beth on everything she said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
I am so lucky to have such great friends!!!

A box was delivered to my house today. Inside was an early birthday present from Donna, Steph, Tina, Theresa and Tracey!!
There were a couple items all wrapped in Halloween tissue, orange with black spider webs.
Inside were glow in the dark bats, a fun Sharon Osbourne dressed as a witch from Claire's, a Dracula glossy pic, some cute Halloween scrapbooking supplies, a birthday card and at the bottom, the best of ALL.............

The Haunted Mansion Life board game!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and yes, I was jumping up and down, not a pretty sight especially with a broken toe, but I didn't care, haha!!)

Thank you so much ladies. I am so thrilled with this. I spent way too long just looking at the game box. lol It's too pretty to open. (oh, but I will of course!)

I cannot wait to play it. Thank you all for thinking of me.

(I took pics, but will have to wait for Ruben to get home to post them. I don't know how to get them from the camera into my photobucket account. lol)
That is so great!!!!! What a fabulous idea they had to get that for you! Have fun playing it with your family!

Sarah

Old 09-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #1601
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

AND my day is complete! My friend from Pittsburgh just called when I went to pick up the girls and she's not coming! Some kind of emergency with her dh's job! I better not leave my house or something even worse could happen LOL!

SHEESH!

Anyway I am not going to let it ruin my weekend though! And it is funny cuz all the kids could do was say "and we did ALLLL that work cleaning the house for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!" And I was like HA! It needed it anyway! Who needs an excuse! So hey I got a clean house out of it at least!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 09-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #1602
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post

That is so great!!!!! What a fabulous idea they had to get that for you! Have fun playing it with your family!

Sarah
Well, I saw it online and posted about how I wanted to buy one. Donna got in touch with me on Facebook to say she was in Disneyland and did I want her to pick one up and send it to me. Of course I said yes, and told her to let me know how much I owed her for the game and shipping. Well, when it arrived it was all packaged up so cute with other surprises and a sweet card saying it was an early birthday present for me from her and a few other Divas. It was a pleasant surprise.

So anyway, good to see you! Does this mean you are home?? How was Disney??

Becci, I love Disney music too. I need to get myself to a Disney store. I need a Disney fix some way. lol

Kelly, oh man. What a bummer. I know how excited you were to see your friend again. I'm sorry. I'm glad you are staying positive though. Things happen. Find something fun to do this weekend with your family. Or maybe just stay home and enjoy the clean house.

Last edited by mommaU4; 09-22-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:17 PM   #1603
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Hi Hi Everyone!

I'm having to log on through my boyfriends computer.. i downloaded a song last night and got a virus on mine.

First, I just want to say what a Lovely Hostess CheryL is , she's such a great friend and we had so much fun. It's wonderful that we can and do talk about everything. She's my California Cousin and I'm her Texas Cousin! We made so many happy memories.. i'm sure i'll be posting more and more about them. my time is short now.

The Napa Rose Birthday Party was Exquisite! Sweet Friends who shared Lovely Gifts and Yummy Food! How can You go wrong! The energy was really wonderful. It was a nice to always remember, Thank You, CheryL, Melody, Donna, Linda, Vicki and Brandi! Melody's husband was so sweet to drive her in as a surprise for just the dinner.. what a special friend! I am so blessed.

Then there was a great breakfast at Steakhouse 55 with Cheryl and Stacerita who i couldn't tell enough how much i've been missing her! We had such a great time, the food was delicious and the atmosphere really nice. Thanks Staciegirl for the pretty present!

CheryL and I had a beautiful meal with her mom at the Melting Pot.. and We had a great pedicure with another of our friends then went to a family dinner at a yummy italian resturant.

Then CheryL and I met up with Linda and Breezy, we had the bestest time.. talking and laughing.. hours flew by and i loved every minute. Linda and Breezy are what we southerns say... " Are Good People"

The mini meet was alot of fun! Sarah looks so lovely, but i've always thought she did! Her family is sweet! It was happy to visit with Cristabelita and Vicki and Donna and Linda and Breezy and Cheryl and Sarah.. just alot of fun. We were like little chickens.. chirping away.

OOpps.. i must go.. will write more later.

Have a happy night.. and once again.. i had such a great time..Thanks for all the memories girlie girls.

CheryL..Love Ya!
Old 09-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #1604
wendylady36

Sounds like you had a great time Dawn!

I agree, Cheryl is a wonderful host!

You both deserved to have such wonderful experiences.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #1605
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Hey divas!!! How is everyone?

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: