Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
LifeIsTinkIsLife
Don't you get it?! You see the hat?? I'm Mrs. Nesbitt! Hahahahaha!

Question Beware... Fake(?) Hotel

The other night DBF and I were going over our plans, and I was having him actually look over it with me for once. I typed in our hotel we were staying at in Google so I could show him pictures, see if the rates changed, and so on. This hotel is not listed as a good neighbor hotel on DLR website, and I don't really know exactly how I came across it, but when I typed it in the search bar here at DIS, it seems no one has ever written about it. It is America's Best Value Inn and Suites, or Value Inn Anaheim, not sure what it is. Well there is an option to check "Is this Accurate?" On Google, so I clicked on it, and it said it wasn't. Has anyone ever stayed here? website
LifeIsTinkIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
spacemermaid
DIS Veteran

Stayed there with my family a million years ago when it was still called the Fantasy Inn (recognized the pool ). It still exists, but has since changed its name; here's a link to its Tripadvisor page: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...alifornia.html

Lifelong Disney fan!
spacemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
LifeIsTinkIsLife

Hmm, maybe that is why Google says it is inaccurate. Thanks so much! I don't know if I should tell DBF, this is what made him tip and say "Well let's just stay at a Disneyland hotel, it's easier!" So we are going to make reservations at Paradise Pier. Haha!
Old 11-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

LOL it is not a fake hotel. It has been there for probably 30 years if I had to guess. The actual name of the place is "Fantasy Inn and Suites." If you look on the page that you provided a link to, under the America's Best Value & Suites logo it says, "Fantasy Inn & Suites." That is the name of the actual place. Americas Best Value Inn ha taken them under their umbrella of 100s of hotels across the country.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #5
spacemermaid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsTinkIsLife View Post
Hmm, maybe that is why Google says it is inaccurate. Thanks so much! I don't know if I should tell DBF, this is what made him tip and say "Well let's just stay at a Disneyland hotel, it's easier!" So we are going to make reservations at Paradise Pier. Haha!
Then definitely let him keep thinking it's a fake hotel

And have fun at the Paradise Pier! If you like Character meals, the Lilo & Stitch breakfast that they have there is a must-do!

Lifelong Disney fan!
spacemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #6
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Sorry, this post made me giggle. I'd totally do something like that...and then pretend that it is a fake hotel just so I could stay at a Disney hotel
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:37 PM   #7
LifeIsTinkIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Sorry, this post made me giggle. I'd totally do something like that...and then pretend that it is a fake hotel just so I could stay at a Disney hotel
Haha! No worries, I didn't look too much into it before I scratched it off as an invalid hotel and there were no other hotels around and we just had to do a Disneyland hotel because there is just nothing else. Haha! It worked though, DBF was set on that hotel and after that I showed him the price and everything included and he agreed it would be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemermaid View Post
Then definitely let him keep thinking it's a fake hotel

And have fun at the Paradise Pier! If you like Character meals, the Lilo & Stitch breakfast that they have there is a must-do!
I have never done a character meal! I have a free one included with the Costco package we're getting so I will be trying one out this next time. Thanks for the tip though, I'd love to try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
LOL it is not a fake hotel. It has been there for probably 30 years if I had to guess. The actual name of the place is "Fantasy Inn and Suites." If you look on the page that you provided a link to, under the America's Best Value & Suites logo it says, "Fantasy Inn & Suites." That is the name of the actual place. Americas Best Value Inn ha taken them under their umbrella of 100s of hotels across the country.

- Dreams
That would probably be why there is a little mix up then! I was just confused on why no one here had said anything about it (unless the search wasn't working for me again..). But it was a nice excuse to get DBF to get into getting a room at the Paradise Pier.

I am now trying to get him to get theme park view, but I think he is just going to do it for two nights or something.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: