Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #16
susieQzee
Mouseketeer

Park Hoppers and Sea World Q's

My daughter and I are able to take our first WDW trip next summer. Life hasn't been kind, but we're finally on our feet and are able to celebrate our survival through some very rough times. She'll be 19 when we travel to Orlando. We live near Disneyland and go fairly often, so we're planning on skipping many of the attractions at WDW that are the same, saving us some time for new adventures at the other parks. I was last there in 1989, and she has never visited (yet). All 4 Disney parks, Typhoon Lagoon, and the shopping districts will be visited during our 12 day visit...trust me!

Right now, we are considering the following game plan:
2 full days at Epcot
1 full day at MK
1 full day at AK
1 full day at WDStudios
1 full day at Typhoon Lagoon
2 full days at Sea World
1 full day at Discovery Cove
2 full days exploring resorts and shopping districts
1 full free day/downtime

Q1: To save money, should we plan on buying single park tickets, and upgrading to park hoppers on the few days we may need them, essentially on our AK, WDStudios, and free day? I see the park hopper plan supplies them daily, but I'm not sure we need them daily. I'm thinking we only need park hoppers for 3 days. Suggestions, please!

Q2: Visiting Sea World is a MUST! We hold passports for the San Diego park and also go there often, as my daughter is planning on working with marine mammals after college. We will be staying at one of the Value Resorts during our stay, but I understand there isn't a shuttle service to Sea World...or is there? How much should we plan on spending for taxi service? Ideas are welcomed!

I love reading all of the threads on this board. Keep those great suggestions coming!
susieQzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #17
smcdaniel4688
Mousejunkie

The cost for adding park hopping is a one time fee of $52 per ticket. We have vactioned with and without this option. I say wait and add it if you see the need. You can add the option at any ticket window or at your resort. There is no bus service to Sea World from your Disney resort, so you might want to plan on a taxi. I see that you plan for 2 days at EPCOT. My family and I LOVE dining there. Our favorites include Teppan Edo in Japan and The Rose and Crown Pub in Great Britain. Plan on the Rose and Crown late in the evening, about 730, for dinner. You may get lucky and get a table outside, which is a prime viewing location for Illuminations. If not, they allow their patrons to go out to a special walkway near the water for viewing. Can't beat it! And try 50's PrimeTime Diner for a meal in Hollywood Studios. Play along with your waitress and have a blast! And don't skip the dessert menu! Hope you guys have fun!
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #18
Snow Shoe
What time is the 3 o'clock parade?

Everyone has said what I would have already, but I would add this. Take a power strip with you. Use it to plug in all of your recharable electronics at one place. It really saves trying to find all of the plugs in your room for each device.

Walt Disney World... been there, done that, GOING BACK!

DLP trip...WOW!!
30th Anniversary trip...DOUBLE WOW!!!!!
Family Trip Christmas 2007...Unbelievable!!!
Retiement trip 2008...DL and WDW Outstanding!!!
Snow Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #19
tinkmom2
DIS Veteran

We are quickly approaching our 4th trip to WDW. This is my advice to you Order the free maps from the WDW website and plan out what you want to see. (We still haven't been on several rides at WDW!)

The first day we usually don't do a park at all. We arrive at the airport at 3 but the Magical Express doesn't always leave on time. We have a nice dinner that night.

Bring a over the door shoe hanger storage bin. It gives you room to store all your electronics, makeup, and other essentials without making a mess in your room. I totally agree with taking a break during the day. If that means going back for some naps then so be it.

Take tons of pics and be wary of others wanting to take a pic for you. (Our first time someone erased all our pics

We have never used hopper passes. There is enough to do at one park a day for us.

Take advantage of the in room or hotel babysitting and have a nice dinner with you and your hubby. Some alone time is always nice.

Don't miss Epcot fireworks! They are the best in the world. But do stake out a place to watch them. We have sat in Germany and Japan to watch them.

Bring a lite jacket with you. Not looking forward to 30 degree nights in November.

Sunscreen. Yes you can get burnt when its cloudy

FAST PASS everything you possibly can.

I totally agree with the comfty shoes.

Wishes and Spectromagic at MK are awesome. Steak out a curb spot at least 45 minutes before parade times.

Buy some rain ponchos for a buck at the dollar store. Carry them with you. They come in handy as it rains almost everyday in Florida.

And most importantly have a great time

Private Meeting with Donald and Friends DCL http://youtu.be/UISHRa8lScM
BBB The Reveal http://youtu.be/AOjMTF9YBtk
tinkmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #20
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Shoe View Post
Everyone has said what I would have already, but I would add this. Take a power strip with you. Use it to plug in all of your recharable electronics at one place. It really saves trying to find all of the plugs in your room for each device.
AWESOMe TIP! I will add that to the list.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #21
ScrappyRN
Mouseketeer

I hope you enjoy your trip. Like everyone said don't try to do it all, especially with a short stay. Make a list of must sees and try to track them out on the maps so that your not walking across the park all day from one thing to another. Our 1st trip I used some of the planning books that had itineraries for traveling with children. Expect the kids to be overwhelmed and tired, we still usually go back to the room and our son is 8, even if it's for an hour to watch tv. A must see with little girls is Storytime with Belle at MK they choose several children to participate in the show.

1975, 1976, 1980, 1983, 1988, 1989- Offsite
9/04- SSR, 5/06- SSR, 12/07-SSR, 10/08-SSR, 10/09-WL, 6/10-WLV, 8/10-WL, 11/10-POFQ, 8/11-BCV, 11/11-CSR, 6/12- BWV, 9/12- SSR, 5/13-BWV, 8/13-Aulani, 9/13 off site, 10/13-offsite, 12/13-offsite, 1/14- offsite, 4/14- offsite
ScrappyRN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time, kids

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: