Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #1
alan
DIS Veteran

The 4F Trip Report - Day 11

Trip Report Index is here

The 4F Trip Report

Day 11 - 07-Jul-2009 - Magic Kingdom, Cinderella's Royal Table

My original plan had been to book Cinderella's Royal Table for the very last day of our holiday, as a nice send-off. Further, I had planned that we would all get dressed up - Marie and Jenni in nice frocks, and Cameron and me in kilt outfits. The pictures would have been wonderful! But all of a sudden we were packing, and those things were just not ready, so they didn't happen.

So instead we found ourselves in distinctly normal cloths, having had a bit of a lie-in and a light breakfast at the hotel, arriving in the Magic Kingdom around 1pm. I was sent to rush on ahead to get Fastpasses to Peter Pan, but on the way of course I couldn't resist taking a picture or two.

Everything seemed fine when we started; the sun was in the sky, the clouds were light and fluffly and the balloon seller was doing great business.

Then half way up Main Street USA, I got stuck behind a very loud procession and a large group of Brazilian kids (I love seeing these large groups of kids in their matching T-shirts!). But note the sky behind the parade float...

By the time I got through this crowd and up to Peter Pan, the rain was bucketing down...

No matter, because we had ADRs for

We checked in, then had to wait for a short time before being called into the ante-room. While we were waiting, the rain continued unabated

but after a short wait (ten to fifteen minutes) we were called in to wait for our photographs with Cinderella. As we waited for the photographs to be taken, the kids had a look at the theming

In truth, I think they were a little disappointed at this point. We live within very easy driving distance of Stirling Castle and Linlithgow Palace, and often kill a half-hour or so in one or other of them (Historic Scotland membership is a wonderful thing). No matter how good the theming was, it was still theming and not a patch on the real thing!).

I began to get the feeling that Cameron had had enough of eing asked to pose for photographs...

(in spite of appearances, they're not sitting on some kind of mediaeval cludgie!)

I have to say that some of the cast members seemed a little nervous about the people they were looking after. When we got the kids to stand on the stairs to pose for photographs, we were told none too gently that they had to come down now and wait in the queue. Well, I suppose they have a lot of people to marshal.

Anyway, we were soon called through for our photographs with Cinders which, as with Akershus, were presented to us at no charge during the meal.

Once the photographs were taken, we had another short wait before being invited upstairs to the meal. This was served in a rather attractive banqueting suite

2009 photo trip report here
alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
alan
DIS Veteran

Cinderella's Royal Table was, I think, my favourite meal of the entire fortnight. The pace was much more relaxed than Akershus, the server was really great. The Princesses came round, but there was a decent gap between them and the pace was never rushed.

Even Daddy got in on the act

And Mummy didn't seem too upset!

The food was lovely too

And the children were given gifts - a wand for her and a sword for him, with both being given a "Wishing Star" on which they were encouraged to make a wish.

So Cinderella's Royal Table gets a huge thumbs up from all of us. It was one we would undoubtedly recommend!

But sooner or later it was time to leave, and after using our Peter Pan Fastpasses we wandered around Fantasyland.

I was sent off to get Fastpasses for Splash Mountain, and agreed to meet everyone else back at the Haunted Mansion. I went for the tickets, but by the time I got back nobody else was in sight - I guess they had gone on ahead so I went in by myself.

The theming here was very cleverly done indeed

and the ride itself very clever indeed - how did they do those 3D semi-opaque dancers?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2009, 07:59 AM   #3
alan
DIS Veteran

We met up afterwards went slowly towards Adventureland. On the way we stopped at the Liberty Bell

and "enjoyed" the newly-revamped Hall of The Presidents.

This shop caught my eye; how dare they take a photo of me before I've had my morning coffee and print it on a nightshirt?

We joined the queue for The Pirates Of The Caribbean. This was a ride I hadn't been on before, but I was very impressed - how did they make the sky look so high? Beautifully done!

It was of course raining was we waited...

These next two were taken with the G10, no flash, and ISO1600. With apologies for the technicalities, I was quite impressed at how usable the pictures were (albeit at a small size). But I do feel from all of today's photos that the the G10 might be a nice compact, but it just isn't as good as the SLR.

Anyway, as I said above, I loved Pirates of the Caribbean, but the rain certainly hadn't stopped while we were on the ride

Luckily enough the Tiki room was just opening for another show, so we went in there and enjoyed the music.

By now it was dry and time for Splash Mountain. Marie, Uncle John and I went on and sat about half-way down our car. I repeatedly reassured everyone that you didn't get very wet when you splashed down the mountain at the end - the water you see comes from concealed pipes at the sides of the run. Near the start of the run, our car stopped just beside the "Splashdown" point, and everyone understood exactly what I had been trying to tell them - when we got soaked by water from the descending car!

I felt so good, knowing that they appreciated and understood my patient explanation of how the water spray worked!

We tried to dry off with a coffee in one of the cafes (actually the cafe was closed but still accessible, and a nearby stall provided us with the coffee). Why is it that the coffee in Disneyworld is so awful? Have these guys never heard of Starbucks?

Our next stop was Aladdin's Magic Carpet, and then the Jungle Safari - which was a hoot! Jenni was especially pleased to be able to shout out the answer to the driver's joke ("Why is Cinderella a lousy soccer player?") and we all had a great time on Zambesi Zelda

Our final attraction with the Swiss Family Robinson's house - a lovely clamber through the trees!

It is so nice to have these smaller, quiet attractions to balance up the bright, flashy rides that everyone seems to talk about - we really enjoyed the more relaxed pace.

By the end of the day, however, I was feeling so tired that when Marie dared to ask me again whether I would carry the bags, I snapped

Fingers crossed they don't find the blood-stained blade. Heck, it's the quiet part of Magic Kingdom - nobody ever goes there, do they?

Thereafter, it was back to the hotel on the bus, a quick snack and off to bed!

Old 08-07-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

That's what you have to worry about with Splash Mountain - it isn't your drop that will get you wet!

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

great day at MK

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

what a great day - I am however disappointed that I did nah get to see a man in a kilt -

we have a ressie at CRT so thanks for the

If your really want to know how they do it in Haunted Mansion then google Pepper's Ghost
Old 08-09-2009, 04:50 AM   #7
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

A lovely day at MK.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:09 AM   #8
suzycute
DIS Veteran

A great day!

PS Why is Cinderella a lousy soccer player?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Great photos of CRT. Sadly this is the closest we will get here as DS would be aghast if we chose this venue

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:38 AM   #10
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

A lovely day in MK

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:55 AM   #11
cap'njack.
Totally in love with Lisa_C

A great MK day
Old 09-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #12
Hodglim
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzycute View Post
PS Why is Cinderella a lousy soccer player?
Because she runs away from the ball?
Hodglim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #13
wicket2005
Hasn't got a clue what a tag is
Christmassyfyed, yes I have had a glass of wine judging by that spelling

Lovely day.

1996, 1998, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008x2, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
wicket2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: