Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2014, 12:53 AM   #1
chairbear
Earning My Ears

Wildeness lodge Vs Port Orleans Riverside

Vacation coming up in august, we originally had a 6 night stay at POR in their garden view but when the summer deal came out it was no garden view available so we switched to WL. This is first time my family is staying at a deluxe hotel. We recently seen that POR has garden view available for our dates with the discounts. Should we save 400 and switch back to POR or should we stay at WL? which hotel is better for a family of four?? DS7 DD10 ( Side note we have only ever stayed at POR )
chairbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:54 AM   #2
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

WL is a beautiful resort and proximity to MK is a big plus, especially with children. If you can comfortably afford WL, I think it's always nice to try out a different resort. I don't think you will regret it. If you are sacrificing anything to make up that $400 price difference, then you need to evaluate what is most important to you. I always ignore the option of upgrading room types and views etc on that basis that we spend so little time at our resort. But that is only partially true: I have found that we spend much more time at a resort when we enjoy the setting/amenities than we did at, say a value (which we thoroughly enjoyed - but we lived at the parks the entire trip). We have a split stay and for BLT, it is mostly resort time on our schedule.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2014, 06:35 AM   #3
chairbear
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
WL is a beautiful resort and proximity to MK is a big plus, especially with children. If you can comfortably afford WL, I think it's always nice to try out a different resort. I don't think you will regret it. If you are sacrificing anything to make up that $400 price difference, then you need to evaluate what is most important to you. I always ignore the option of upgrading room types and views etc on that basis that we spend so little time at our resort. But that is only partially true: I have found that we spend much more time at a resort when we enjoy the setting/amenities than we did at, say a value (which we thoroughly enjoyed - but we lived at the parks the entire trip). We have a split stay and for BLT, it is mostly resort time on our schedule.
Thank you, I think we're going to try something new for once and enjoy a stay at WL
chairbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:19 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairbear View Post
Thank you, I think we're going to try something new for once and enjoy a stay at WL
You won't regret it. We've never stayed at POR, but we love the WL and have had 2 great stays there. We have always found the buses to be great, but we especially love taking the boat to MK (as well as to the CR). You're going to love the lodge .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #5
kte95
Earning My Ears

I have stayed at both properties. If they were the same price i would definitely stay at Wilderness Lodge... but POR was a great alternative. Really nice atmosphere and landscaping.
kte95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:22 AM   #6
arrdee11462
Mouseketeer

Riverside is nice, we loved the boat to DTD, it is however pretty large and in Aug in the heat I would choose WL if we had the money.
The inside corridors with A/C would do it alone. Also the boat to MK was awesome!
We spent a long weekend there last month and loved it. If you can afford it go for WL and your kids will love it.

arrdee11462 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: