Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #121
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

My dogs only eat Pedigree which is cheap and the cat only eats Kitn Kaboodle which NEVER had coupons !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #122
pilesoflaundry
it doesn't get scratched as often as I like

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcc View Post
Hi!just stopped by cvs and all over the coppertones there were 2 dollar
CVS coupons - start with a 4. With the 5 dollar manu coupon the 2 ecb and this, free sunscreen!!
Thanks for all the tips everyone. Im still without a monitor (didnt realize they are so expensive and i only really use the computer for couponing). I read the dis at work but i dont like to post from there, i dont know if it would be against any rules. Im trying now from my husbands blackberry if it works could be fun!
Check freecycle or craigslist for the monitor. I've seen a few on there and I've given a few away in the past.

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a soldier in combat boots.

WDW June 2008, 2009x2 June and Sept., Sept. 2011
DL and DCA June 2013
pilesoflaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #123
pilesoflaundry
it doesn't get scratched as often as I like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarabelleCowFan View Post
I don't think that one is open anymore. The closest ones are MacDill in Tampa and one over near the Space Center. DH and I already decided we would have to do a once a month run to one of the Commissaries to stock up and then just get perishables at Publix. We have friends in Clearwater so we could go see them then swing by the store and head back. Of course, first the Army has to approve the move (branch says don't get your hopes up but until they tell us "no" we are still hoping!).

I was in the APG Comm today - they just remodeled a little bit so the aisles are a bit wider but other than that it's the same. I thought prices were set across the board - didn't realize they were higher on the West Coast. Feel free to fly on back to APG and come shopping. Meet ya there!
I love the macdill commmissary, we go every time we visit my mil in FL. I do notice they are often out of the overage items, they must have a lot of couponers . Dh would like to get stationed there but it will never happen (he's army and they don't need his mos there) Good luck to you guys!

I don't miss the coupon cashiers at ft. belvoir but otherwise I really miss that post. We are 30 miles from post now where we live now (ga) and dh doesn't always feel like shopping after work so I just hit the comm. once every 3 months or so. I can get really good deals at the local store so I don't miss it as much.

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a soldier in combat boots.

WDW June 2008, 2009x2 June and Sept., Sept. 2011
DL and DCA June 2013
pilesoflaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #124
mafibisha
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin_rep View Post
Just received a $5/25 coupon good for one day only, Aug. 12!

Yay, I got one, too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcc View Post
Hi!just stopped by cvs and all over the coppertones there were 2 dollar
CVS coupons - start with a 4. With the 5 dollar manu coupon the 2 ecb and this, free sunscreen!! !

Not at my two stores, just returned

we Disney:

DH Me

and our fur baby

Thank You, maggiew!
mafibisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #125
LanaJae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennedyMcKenna View Post
I don't know if you have a Meijer around you, but they have a five dollar store coupon on purina animal foods, plus if you fill out the questions on giveabowl.com you get 3.50 coupon off and that's 8.50 off purina pet food!
We don't have that store in MN, that's a good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafibisha View Post
Some of you know I have problems with my computer, often with CVS sites and coupons

Some of you have kindly tried to help, also some PMs, thank you again!!

Someone suggested I check out my firewall and I was shocked what I saw -
The firewall 'blocked' over 60,000 INbound connections AND its blocked over 6,200 OUTBOUND connections!!??

So that got me thinking -- what exactly are OUTbound connections?
Does that mean some of my emails might not make it out?

I've also been applying for jobs on line -- any chance those aren't going through?

Anyone know whats included in OUTbound connections? Should I be worried? I hate missing cvs and coupon stuff but I'll be heartbroken if my job applications haven't gone out either!
I'd be grateful for feedback, or point me in the right direction to find it. TIA!!!
Don't worry about firewall blocking, simply put, those are pings and data packets which are checking for the ability to get into or out of your computer to be destructive. They don't have anything to do with what you choose to send in or out. Companies often block websites using a firewall, but if you haven't adjusted the settings on it, and I doubt you did, it is protecting you from someone trying to use your computer to send/store information.

Your emails are making it out and in. Sometimes people have a setting where it deletes junk and spam mail at the server level (the company that you pay to receive internet), but that's a complicated setting and I doubt you did that.

Virus software is another story - it can block coupon printing programs on its own, but it doesn't block email unless you set it up to do that. Problems are often caused by virus software being overprotective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiew View Post
I forgot to mention this yesterday. I wanted to tell you all about my CVS "duh" moment.

Do you remember last week we were talking about the free item coupon we all got from the coupon machine? I said I was dissapointed because I got some diet/nutrition bar. Well yesterday when I went to CVS I looked closely at my CRT because it expired yesterday. It said,

"Abs Divine"

and I thought that was a diet bar so my "Abs" would be "divine".

You see where this is going...

But I read on and it said "chocolate bar" or something like that. Then it hit me that it meant "Absolutely Divine"!

So it ended up that I got the great free chocolate coupon!!!

Maggie
I wish I got that one! Funny about "abs," I would have thought the same.
LanaJae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #126
LanaJae
DIS Veteran

I just got the $5/25 good on Wed only - how come they finally give me a coupon when I don't need it?

The store is probably dead on Wednesday now after the 3-day sales.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #127
ClarabelleCowFan
Found Someone You Have
There's always a shortage of Barbie legs
I'm as coordinated as a drunk duck
Has never owned a guinea pig
If I see a vein I'm done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilesoflaundry View Post
I love the macdill commmissary, we go every time we visit my mil in FL. I do notice they are often out of the overage items, they must have a lot of couponers . Dh would like to get stationed there but it will never happen (he's army and they don't need his mos there) Good luck to you guys!

I don't miss the coupon cashiers at ft. belvoir but otherwise I really miss that post. We are 30 miles from post now where we live now (ga) and dh doesn't always feel like shopping after work so I just hit the comm. once every 3 months or so. I can get really good deals at the local store so I don't miss it as much.
Thanks. If we don't get ACS for DH to go to UCF for his MBA (how's that for a bunch of acronyms) then we will have to fill in the dream sheet in November. Most jobs for his branch are in DC, APG, MI, MN, Tampa and Orlando. From what he is told, Orlando is very hard to get because everyone wants it. If nothing else we have 6 yrs to retirement and we plan to settle in Orlando then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanaJae View Post
I just got the $5/25 good on Wed only - how come they finally give me a coupon when I don't need it?

The store is probably dead on Wednesday now after the 3-day sales.
Yet another coupon I didn't get. I swear they must send these emails coupons to EVERYONE else but me.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #128
LanaJae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. If we don't get ACS for DH to go to UCF for his MBA (how's that for a bunch of acronyms) then we will have to fill in the dream sheet in November. Most jobs for his branch are in DC, APG, MI, MN, Tampa and Orlando. From what he is told, Orlando is very hard to get because everyone wants it. If nothing else we have 6 yrs to retirement and we plan to settle in Orlando then.
I take it MN is not being considered

Its not as cold here at it used to be, at least in the winter. We didn't get a summer this year though

Quote:
Yet another coupon I didn't get. I swear they must send these emails coupons to EVERYONE else but me.
At least this is one that doesn't matter, as we got that quiz one.

I don't know what goes on with CVS and sending coupon emails. A few years ago, Comcast was rejecting all their emails and that's when I got decent coupons, then I switched both our accounts to gmail addresses and it took about 2 mos. to start getting emails on them, and then I started getting them back on Comcast again, but they are the boring online deal ones that I almost always get on gmail too.

My husband didn't get the Wednesday coupon, but that's how it usually goes, they usually only send to one per household. We order each of our prescription refills from both online accounts so both get activity.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #129
ClarabelleCowFan
Found Someone You Have

Quote:
I take it MN is not being considered

Its not as cold here at it used to be, at least in the winter. We didn't get a summer this year though

At least this is one that doesn't matter, as we got that quiz one.

I don't know what goes on with CVS and sending coupon emails. A few years ago, Comcast was rejecting all their emails and that's when I got decent coupons, then I switched both our accounts to gmail addresses and it took about 2 mos. to start getting emails on them, and then I started getting them back on Comcast again, but they are the boring online deal ones that I almost always get on gmail too.

My husband didn't get the Wednesday coupon, but that's how it usually goes, they usually only send to one per household. We order each of our prescription refills from both online accounts so both get activity.
MN is close to the bottom of our wish list (we have to rank order all 150+ openings) for 2 reasons - the cold and the in-laws. I love my in-laws to death but I love them more because they are in MN and we are not. Before DH was assigned to MD he was basically given 2 choices - MN or MD. He chose MD because he knew if he went to MN then his parents would expect him to come home every weekend!

On the email note - I use a Gmail address. Wonder if that makes any difference. I don't do the online refills but I do order quite a few photos from my online account. The only emails I ever seem to get are for photo sales for DVDs or books or for online shopping. Oh well, not like I NEED anything from CVS after our haul yesterday.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #130
disneybound31
DIS Veteran

I need some moral support-
I just realized that after my sucessfull CVS run this a.m. (after dropping kids off for 1st day of school...so I chalk my mistakes up to emotions) my Bic Soleil -$3 coupond fell out of my CVS papers. I never even handed it to her! Mistake number one. Then when I turned in my rain check for the staplers from last weeks 3 day sale I only got 1 and the limit was 2 so I lost out on that easy ECB.

Now, I too, have that darned 5/25 coupon for Wednesday and can't get my run together. I need a L'Oreal coupon if anyone knows of one- have to get face lotion and it's the only kind I use. Don't mind paying a 'little' OOP for it. And does anyone know of any Coppertone coups other than the NutraShield for this weeks deal? We've tried the NutraShield and don't love it- really need the spray regular kind.

And lastly, (I know- so many requests) is SkinEffects spray sunscreen a CVS product or what? I got a CRT for -$5 on this product and can't find it online or in store. And they were too busy to ask today.
disneybound31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #131
disneybound31
DIS Veteran

And just to quickly add- there is a free Glade candle coupon in Sunday's papers... the highly scented kind Frangrance Collection, I believe. Up to $3.49, if anyone needs a filler to get up to their $25 mark.
disneybound31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #132
LanaJae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
MN is close to the bottom of our wish list (we have to rank order all 150+ openings) for 2 reasons - the cold and the in-laws. I love my in-laws to death but I love them more because they are in MN and we are not. Before DH was assigned to MD he was basically given 2 choices - MN or MD. He chose MD because he knew if he went to MN then his parents would expect him to come home every weekend!

On the email note - I use a Gmail address. Wonder if that makes any difference. I don't do the online refills but I do order quite a few photos from my online account. The only emails I ever seem to get are for photo sales for DVDs or books or for online shopping. Oh well, not like I NEED anything from CVS after our haul yesterday.
I feel the same way and I live here (and so does my MIL!), but I would like it if you moved here

I'll never be able to figure out the CVS email thing, I was tempted once to got a different free email account to see what happened, but now that I get a $/$$ about 3 times a year, I am afraid I will lose that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybound31 View Post
I need some moral support-
I just realized that after my sucessfull CVS run this a.m. (after dropping kids off for 1st day of school...so I chalk my mistakes up to emotions) my Bic Soleil -$3 coupond fell out of my CVS papers. I never even handed it to her! Mistake number one. Then when I turned in my rain check for the staplers from last weeks 3 day sale I only got 1 and the limit was 2 so I lost out on that easy ECB.

Now, I too, have that darned 5/25 coupon for Wednesday and can't get my run together. I need a L'Oreal coupon if anyone knows of one- have to get face lotion and it's the only kind I use. Don't mind paying a 'little' OOP for it. And does anyone know of any Coppertone coups other than the NutraShield for this weeks deal? We've tried the NutraShield and don't love it- really need the spray regular kind.

And lastly, (I know- so many requests) is SkinEffects spray sunscreen a CVS product or what? I got a CRT for -$5 on this product and can't find it online or in store. And they were too busy to ask today.
Awe, first day of school already! Hope by the time you see this they will be home and very excited and telling you things 100 mph (and you'll wish school was 2 hrs. longer )

Bring in your receipt and they have a "cash for coupon" option on their register and will give you the $3 for the Bic. Also, they can do the raincheck difference on a money-card back to you, just tell them it said limit 2 and wasn't entered that way.

There was supposed to be a $1 L'Oreal coupon for moisturizer in both the 8-2-09 and 8-9-09 Red Plums if you have that.

The only current Coppertone coupons are for NutraShield. Not advocating this, but the NutraShield coupons work on the spray type that is blue according to others. It may just be the sport kind, I don't know as I never tried it.

Skin Effects is a CVS-Exclusive line of products, the sunscreen will be pretty expensive - around $12-15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybound31 View Post
And just to quickly add- there is a free Glade candle coupon in Sunday's papers... the highly scented kind Frangrance Collection, I believe. Up to $3.49, if anyone needs a filler to get up to their $25 mark.
Thanks! That's a great coupon, I didn't get it as I didn't go buy any extra papers this week, was too lazy. Hopefully it's in the inserts my mom brings me so I can use it another time.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #133
ClarabelleCowFan
Found Someone You Have

Quote:
I feel the same way and I live here (and so does my MIL!), but I would like it if you moved here

Thanks! That's a great coupon, I didn't get it as I didn't go buy any extra papers this week, was too lazy. Hopefully it's in the inserts my mom brings me so I can use it another time.
Aww... thanks. My kids' Godfather actually just moved to Minneapolis about a year ago from Tampa and absolutely LOVES it up there - even the winters! I think he just likes ordering the cold weather stuff from LL Bean.

We didn't get that coupon in the inserts here - for the candle. Maybe it was just in certain regions?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #134
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

We got it here....I couldn't believe but there were a bunch of those in the coupon exchange box at DH's office. I can't believe people wouldn't keep those!

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #135
hmcfall711
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The only one I know of is the 3-in-1 sheets: http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?...=PX&p=6xDl5JFy
Thanks I will print those also.

Quote:
I have 3 computers I can print from if you would like me to print Purex coupons for you and mail them to you. Just PM me where to find the coupons and your mailing addy.

We can only use Tide Free because 2 of my kids have bad eczema.
I sent you a PM. Please let me know if there is anything you are looking for and I will keep an eye out for it.
AKV Mar '15 SSROct. '14, AK-Jambo&POP&Dream&DWL (14 days!) May '14, AKV Dec. '13, Aulani July '13, POP Nov'12, AOA&AKV Oct '12, AKV May '12, AKV Mar '12, OKW Dec '11, AKV May 11, POP/AKL Mar. '11, POP/BLT Nov.'10, HHR July '10, AKV Mar. '10 AKV Oct. '09 DWLV & Wonder July '09, Pop & SSR Mar. '09, DVC members-- AKV Oct. '08, Land (CRB)/ Sea (Wonder) Oct. '08, Pop Oct. '07, CBR Oct. '06, All-Star Music Mar. '06, All-Star Sports Oct. '05, All-Star Music Mar. '04
hmcfall711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: