Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #106
LanaJae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarabelleCowFan View Post

We use the Chinet plates quite a bit. They are $1.79 a pack at the Commissary so a $2 coupon gives us the plates for free and .21 overage per pack. They were in SS today I believe - not sure since I already cut up my inserts and threw the scraps out. Thanks!!! The Chinet napkins coupon was about a month ago - no clue of the insert but it was a grouping of 4 Chinet coupons all for $1 off different items.
I have three of group of 4 and one of the $2 plates. My mom will bring me two more of the $2 plates when she comes to visit and I can mail them all about August 29th, or I can mail the ones I have now right away. The group of 4 expire on 9-14-09.

Just looked - the group of 4 don't have a napkin coupon, it's cups, crystal plates and cups, plates and salad side dish, they are all $1.
LanaJae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #107
mafibisha
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanaJae View Post
Oh - I am so dense! On the main page at CVS, there is an advertising box at the top and it shows 4 different ads that keep playing over and over. You just have to wait until you see the "Ready-Fill" one and click on it - does that make sense?

It's the first one that shows as soon as you go to CVS.com, but about 3 seconds later it changes to a $10/50 online ad and then one for Tena products, etc. It will show the Ready-Fill one again if you miss it.

Thanks so much LanaJae, it was my computer Got it working finally! Appreciate all your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post

Or there is the spot that looks 'roughly' like a 4 leafed clover w/ a 1, 2, 3, = choices. If you click on the 1, then the choice to take the quiz will pop up immediately. Or at least for me it did. And BTW at the end, it will ask you a question about giving permission to store info and you choose accept or deny. well if you pick deny, you won't have to delete the cookie because it won't get to leave one. It won't ask this question until the 2nd time you do the survey (after having deleted the cookie the first time) or at least that was my experience. Good Luck everyone.

Thanks for your help! It didn't ask me for a number? And it printed twice on its own!! ?? Do I dare try and use both?

we Disney:

DH Me

and our fur baby

Thank You, maggiew!
mafibisha is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #108
ClarabelleCowFan
Found Someone You Have
There's always a shortage of Barbie legs
I'm as coordinated as a drunk duck
Has never owned a guinea pig
If I see a vein I'm done!

Quote:
I have three of group of 4 and one of the $2 plates. My mom will bring me two more of the $2 plates when she comes to visit and I can mail them all about August 29th, or I can mail the ones I have now right away. The group of 4 expire on 9-14-09.

Just looked - the group of 4 don't have a napkin coupon, it's cups, crystal plates and cups, plates and salad side dish, they are all $1.
Whooo hooo that would be great. There is one of those in the group of 4 that doesn't show napkins but says it in the print (or at least it did in ours here - those may be a different grouping). The napkins here are .90 so with the $1 coupon we get .10 overage.

I'll PM you my address. THANKS SO MUCH!!! Let me know if there are any that you need.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:13 PM   #109
LanaJae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post

What I really need to figure out is how to get bargains on pet food! I spend $100/month for my 2 cats and beagle and they eat like royalty....but I refuse to feed them anything with by-products, fillers, glutens etc. and I try to limit the chicken in their foods....so it gets expensive! I would be thrilled to find some deals on their food!
Glad I'm not the only one with the grocery store thing!

I know the price of pet food has gone crazy. I know someone who makes all their own pet food, it's baked. I don't think I could handle the smell, but it probably is a lot like our food when it's made at home - but also probably even more expensive than buying it. Can't win. My daughter's cat eats organic/expensive food (and my daughter pays for it), but my cat only likes Purina Cat Chow of all things, I've given her really good/healthy food and she won't have anything to do with it. She's almost 15 so pretty set in her way.
LanaJae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #110
ClarabelleCowFan
Found Someone You Have
There's always a shortage of Barbie legs
I'm as coordinated as a drunk duck
Has never owned a guinea pig
If I see a vein I'm done!

Quote:

I know the price of pet food has gone crazy. I know someone who makes all their own pet food, it's baked. I don't think I could handle the smell, but it probably is a lot like our food when it's made at home - but also probably even more expensive than buying it. Can't win. My daughter's cat eats organic/expensive food (and my daughter pays for it), but my cat only likes Purina Cat Chow of all things, I've given her really good/healthy food and she won't have anything to do with it. She's almost 15 so pretty set in her way.
I had a cat that lived until she was 18. She refused to eat anything other than Meow Mix and Kozy Kitten (the absolute cheapest brand). She was very healthy all of her life until close to the end when she went thru a period of a few months of kidney issues. She wouldn't touch the "good" stuff.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #111
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazmatic View Post
Maggie how did you get such low OOP? Were you using old ECB's or are there stores in IL left that aren't charging taxes on the pre-coupon price? It is killing me to pay tax on everything.
I have no idea! I want to know when you started to be able to get negative subtotals!

I was shopping at the store in Third Lake, right on the border between Gurnee and Lindenhurst.

Maggie
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997
maggiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #112
KennedyMcKenna
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I don't know if you have a Meijer around you, but they have a five dollar store coupon on purina animal foods, plus if you fill out the questions on giveabowl.com you get 3.50 coupon off and that's 8.50 off purina pet food!
KennedyMcKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:52 AM   #113
mafibisha
DIS Veteran

Some of you know I have problems with my computer, often with CVS sites and coupons

Some of you have kindly tried to help, also some PMs, thank you again!!

Someone suggested I check out my firewall and I was shocked what I saw -
The firewall 'blocked' over 60,000 INbound connections AND its blocked over 6,200 OUTBOUND connections!!??

So that got me thinking -- what exactly are OUTbound connections?
Does that mean some of my emails might not make it out?

I've also been applying for jobs on line -- any chance those aren't going through?

Anyone know whats included in OUTbound connections? Should I be worried? I hate missing cvs and coupon stuff but I'll be heartbroken if my job applications haven't gone out either!
I'd be grateful for feedback, or point me in the right direction to find it. TIA!!!

we Disney:

DH Me

and our fur baby

Thank You, maggiew!
mafibisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #114
meanser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngramma View Post
I used it on my trip tonight and cashier pushed it through. I had no idea it was not supposed to be used until the 10th.
Happened to me too! She was very nice about pushing it thru though. She even said it didn't say anything on the coupon itself about it not being good until the 10th!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #115
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?

I forgot to mention this yesterday. I wanted to tell you all about my CVS "duh" moment.

Do you remember last week we were talking about the free item coupon we all got from the coupon machine? I said I was dissapointed because I got some diet/nutrition bar. Well yesterday when I went to CVS I looked closely at my CRT because it expired yesterday. It said,

"Abs Divine"

and I thought that was a diet bar so my "Abs" would be "divine".

You see where this is going...

But I read on and it said "chocolate bar" or something like that. Then it hit me that it meant "Absolutely Divine"!

So it ended up that I got the great free chocolate coupon!!!

Maggie
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997
maggiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #116
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:

My girls are both younger (1 and 5) so they have adjusted ok, but it took the one a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarabelleCowFan View Post
I had a cat that lived until she was 18. She refused to eat anything other than Meow Mix and Kozy Kitten (the absolute cheapest brand). She was very healthy all of her life until close to the end when she went thru a period of a few months of kidney issues. She wouldn't touch the "good" stuff.
LOL....my girls LOVED the Meow Mix stuff in the purple bag. I call it McDonalds for cats. My one girl pukes up everything though and was on the verge of starving to death until we figured out her teeth problem and allergies (we suspect chicken or grains) so I avoid those products in foods. $700 dollars later and after getting her used to the "good" food she is doing fantastic. And so is our other cat and dog (who also had bad allergy problems which are almost nonexistant now that we changed his diet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennedyMcKenna View Post
I don't know if you have a Meijer around you, but they have a five dollar store coupon on purina animal foods, plus if you fill out the questions on giveabowl.com you get 3.50 coupon off and that's 8.50 off purina pet food!
Thanks for the tips. I don't feed them Purina becuase of all the by products and glutens they use.....but hopefully this info helps someone else out

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #117
disneybound31
DIS Veteran

Anybody know the limit on the Ajax? I got one today, but didn't see a limit on the sign.
disneybound31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #118
rockin_rep
DIS Veteran
Spending time at DL in the middle of the trip is just the icing on the cake!

check your emails!

Just received a $5/25 coupon good for one day only, Aug. 12!

~ Measure wealth not by what you have, but by what you have for which you wouldn't take money.
~ You can make more money; you can't make more time.
rockin_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #119
amcc
Mouseketeer

Hi!just stopped by cvs and all over the coppertones there were 2 dollar
CVS coupons - start with a 4. With the 5 dollar manu coupon the 2 ecb and this, free sunscreen!!
Thanks for all the tips everyone. Im still without a monitor (didnt realize they are so expensive and i only really use the computer for couponing). I read the dis at work but i dont like to post from there, i dont know if it would be against any rules. Im trying now from my husbands blackberry if it works could be fun!
amcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #120
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcc View Post
Hi!just stopped by cvs and all over the coppertones there were 2 dollar
CVS coupons - start with a 4. With the 5 dollar manu coupon the 2 ecb and this, free sunscreen!!
Thanks for all the tips everyone. Im still without a monitor (didnt realize they are so expensive and i only really use the computer for couponing). I read the dis at work but i dont like to post from there, i dont know if it would be against any rules. Im trying now from my husbands blackberry if it works could be fun!
Great find My stores didn't have these, but hopefully others can find them!!!

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: