Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #76
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flakypuff View Post
Maggie. Did the Ajax printable beep?
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiew View Post
Nope!

Maggie
Maggie,
do you happen to know if the ajax coupon is still out there? I looked but couldn't find it, but want to make sure I didn't miss it. thanks.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #77
LanaJae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flakypuff View Post
...hmm I could use you at my house to talk to my DS about rules
I'll be there as soon as my kids are fixed - they don't listen to a word I say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafibisha View Post
Lana it sounds so good and TIA for always helping us.

I really want to do this but I can't even see / find the rotating sections! When you say rotating, are they actually moving / changing on the site? Because nothing is moving or rotating on the site. Is it my computer yet again? Could some please tell me *specifically* where to look? Thanks!
EDIT: See post below instead - I never tried it myself so we're going to make sticklovestink tell us the secret:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
LanaJae,
YOU ROCK GIRL!!!
Thank you so much for telling us how to delete the flash cookie! WooHoo!
I did it. It's easy peasy (and I was worried I'd screw something up! ) and I got a different # the second time too. YAY!!
I'll be heading out soon for some CVSing.
BTW, DH is on the road all day long. So I have made it his mission to collect a ready fill book at each CVS he sees. So far he got 3 for me on Friday and none of them were from our local stores.
I'm making him hit the locat ones this weekend. Good reason to give him to take his motorcycle out for a ride.
Thank you! Thank you! LanaJae
Your husband is great!! Can he come talk to mine? LOL!

P.S. to everyone - you don't have to thank me, but thanks to you all too and you're welcome, I'm happy to be able to have somewhere to write about stuff like this!

Last edited by LanaJae; 08-09-2009 at 04:23 PM.
LanaJae is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #78
LanaJae
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I really want to do this but I can't even see / find the rotating sections! When you say rotating, are they actually moving / changing on the site? Because nothing is moving or rotating on the site. Is it my computer yet again? Could some please tell me *specifically* where to look? Thanks!
Oh - I am so dense! On the main page at CVS, there is an advertising box at the top and it shows 4 different ads that keep playing over and over. You just have to wait until you see the "Ready-Fill" one and click on it - does that make sense?

It's the first one that shows as soon as you go to CVS.com, but about 3 seconds later it changes to a $10/50 online ad and then one for Tena products, etc. It will show the Ready-Fill one again if you miss it.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #79
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

See remarks below for add'l help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanaJae View Post
I'll be there as soon as my kids are fixed - they don't listen to a word I say!

I never tried it myself so we're going to make sticklovestink tell us the secret:

P.S. to everyone - you don't have to thank me, but thanks to you all too and you're welcome, I'm happy to be able to have somewhere to write about stuff like this!
But we you LanaJae!
It looks like you figured it out before I could post.

Quote:
Oh - I am so dense! On the main page at CVS, there is an advertising box at the top and it shows 4 different ads that keep playing over and over. You just have to wait until you see the "Ready-Fill" one and click on it - does that make sense?

It's the first one that shows as soon as you go to CVS.com, but about 3 seconds later it changes to a $10/50 online ad and then one for Tena products, etc. It will show the Ready-Fill one again if you miss it.
Or there is the spot that looks 'roughly' like a 4 leafed clover w/ a 1, 2, 3, = choices. If you click on the 1, then the choice to take the quiz will pop up immediately. Or at least for me it did. And BTW at the end, it will ask you a question about giving permission to store info and you choose accept or deny. well if you pick deny, you won't have to delete the cookie because it won't get to leave one. It won't ask this question until the 2nd time you do the survey (after having deleted the cookie the first time) or at least that was my experience. Good Luck everyone.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #80
koima
Mouseketeer

I don't have a huge coupon stockpile so I did what I could with what I had!

Revlon foundation - $9.99

Used $6.98 ECB
$3.75 OOP
Received $9.99 ECB and surprise $4 off $20 ECB!

2 Snickers 2/$1
Coppertone $8.99
2 Covergirl Outlast lipstain $8.99 x2

Used
$1/2 Snickers Q
$5 Coppertone Q
$2.50/2 Covergirl Q
$9.99 ECB
$4.00 ECB

OOP $7.62
Received $2 ECB Coppertone, $2 ECB Covergirl, surprise $2 off $10 ECB for vitamins

So my totals:
Used $20.97 ECB
Paid $11.37 OOP (of which $2.88 is tax)
Received $19.99 ECB

I also got the coupon book from the pharmacy but haven't used any of those coupons yet. I could have done better, but I felt pretty good about my haul!

My trip summary says "Today you saved $10.98" on my Revlon receipt and "Today you saved $27.27" on the Coppertone/Covergirl receipt.
koima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:35 PM   #81
LanaJae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But we you LanaJae!
It looks like you figured it out before I could post.

Or there is the spot that looks 'roughly' like a 4 leafed clover w/ a 1, 2, 3, = choices. If you click on the 1, then the choice to take the quiz will pop up immediately. Or at least for me it did. And BTW at the end, it will ask you a question about giving permission to store info and you choose accept or deny. well if you pick deny, you won't have to delete the cookie because it won't get to leave one. It won't ask this question until the 2nd time you do the survey (after having deleted the cookie the first time) or at least that was my experience. Good Luck everyone.
You did a much better job! - I was thinking about that flash cookie thing which I never tried because I went around to different computers before I read about it.

I realized something else today - if you got the coupon pushed through today because of the beep, the same numbered coupon will probably work tomorrow too.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #82
momtosam
Oh, Schmootsie-poo!

I got my 80 free with q chocolate bars today! I kept apologizing to the cashier and the people in line for taking so long. The man and woman behind me were amazed. They asked nicely, "What are you doing?" Then the man asked if I had anymore of those great coupons. When I was done the lady behind me couldn't believe I only paid .36 for tax. The cashier called out, "She's getting $10 ECB too!" I felt like a star, LOL!
Old 08-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #83
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?

Quote:
Maggie,
do you happen to know if the ajax coupon is still out there? I looked but couldn't find it, but want to make sure I didn't miss it. thanks.
Ajax .99 $1 http://www.coupons.com use zip code 85712

Maggie
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997
maggiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #84
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Maggie
Found It!! thank you very much!
Old 08-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #85
Newfie2000
Doesn't anyone make split pea soup?
The place was a mad house

I finally found two Reinventing Beauty Mags at a CVS about 50 miles away from home. I was thrilled until I got home and really looked at them and saw most of the coupons are expiring at the end of this month. So now, I am trying to figure out how to make them work the best I can in the short time I have. I have a raincheck for the bodywash from last week. Can I use a MFG coupon and the coupon from the RB book for the same item? Anyone else have any ideas for me? TIA
Newfie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #86
LanaJae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtosam View Post
I got my 80 free with q chocolate bars today! I kept apologizing to the cashier and the people in line for taking so long. The man and woman behind me were amazed. They asked nicely, "What are you doing?" Then the man asked if I had anymore of those great coupons. When I was done the lady behind me couldn't believe I only paid .36 for tax. The cashier called out, "She's getting $10 ECB too!" I felt like a star, LOL!
That could be a CVS commercial to get people started shopping there!

Quote:

Maggie
Thanks Maggie, great deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie2000 View Post
I finally found two Reinventing Beauty Mags at a CVS about 50 miles away from home. I was thrilled until I got home and really looked at them and saw most of the coupons are expiring at the end of this month. So now, I am trying to figure out how to make them work the best I can in the short time I have. I have a raincheck for the bodywash from last week. Can I use a MFG coupon and the coupon from the RB book for the same item? Anyone else have any ideas for me? TIA
Yes, you can use both - any of those coupons that start with a "4" under the bar code are CVS coupons and can be used with a mfg. but only one per transaction. There are mfgs. mixed in there too, they start with a "5" under the bar code.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #87
Newfie2000
Doesn't anyone make split pea soup?
The place was a mad house

Quote:

Yes, you can use both - any of those coupons that start with a "4" under the bar code are CVS coupons and can be used with a mfg. but only one per transaction. There are mfgs. mixed in there too, they start with a "5" under the bar code.
Thank you! When you say one per transaction, do you mean only one of that particular coupon? Or I can only use one magazine/cvs coupon per transaction? Sorry for my stupidity...
Newfie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #88
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

SOunds like everyone had good days I had to work 10-6 so I only got to do a quick stop this morning since all our stores only open at 9. I got the Nutrashield, Revlon, Soleil, Speedstick and highlighters on both cards. I used the $5/$25 twice and it was pushed through both times.

Hopefully can get out tomorrow and do a few more deals and get the few deals at Rite Aid. Luckily it was a slower Sunday since I had to work!

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #89
ClarabelleCowFan
Found Someone You Have
There's always a shortage of Barbie legs
I'm as coordinated as a drunk duck
Has never owned a guinea pig
If I see a vein I'm done!

RUN don't walk to CVS! DD15 and I went to both of our local stores today and at one of them we hit the summer clearance jackpot.

Flavor-Ice .19 a box
Wyler's Italian Ice .19 a box
Spongebob Wonder Balls .09 each
Snickers bars .09 each
M&Ms .09 each
Dubble Bubble huge bags of Bubble Gum .59 a bag
Campfire Marshmallows .09 a bag

We filled a cart and it was overflowing. For all the candy, Italian Ice, 1 of the Coppertones, all the makeup and protein bars - $3.64 OOP after coupons and ECBs.

This actually represents 4 transactions between 2 stores. My OOP for the day was less than $10 (all on a gift card!) and that includes 2 cases of water not shown. With each transaction I was able to use the $5/25 and the $4/20 from the readyfill book. The school supplies were all raincheck freebies.

Think we can give out Italian Ice tubes for Halloween?

Last edited by ClarabelleCowFan; 08-09-2009 at 07:39 PM.
ClarabelleCowFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #90
LanaJae
DIS Veteran

Did I write about this already? It's a great filler for the $5/25 coupons!

Buy a Colgate Total toothpaste and a Colgate Wave toothbrush that are BOGO and use $3 coupon from coupons.com and its free and up to a 21¢ money-maker but won't beep because of the BOGO sale. Coupon does say "available at Walgreens" but wording says it can be redeemed anywhere coupons are accepted.

Coupons.com, use zip code 85031

Use up to 3 coupons (6 items) per transaction because of limit. I've done it twice, no problems at all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: