Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2009, 09:22 PM   #196
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtosam View Post
Follow-up to my Huggies coupons story:

Last night my MIL dropped off Huggies coupons that were mailed to her. (Somehow she started receiving Huggies mailings in my name years ago when I had my son. ) Anyway, they were coupons for $3.00 off ANY Huggies diapers. So I took my diapers and receipt to a different CVS today, explained that I forgot to use my coupons last time and asked if I could return them and rering it. The manager said not to worry about it and he scanned the coupons and gave me $6 cash! I have not told my DH any of this because he would harrass me endlessly for going through this for $6.
I've gone back for $1!!!! Its the principle of the thing. We all know how far $1 can go at CVS.

Maggie
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997
maggiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:36 PM   #197
talulabelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiew View Post
I've gone back for $1!!!! Its the principle of the thing. We all know how far $1 can go at CVS.

Maggie
I only go back if the amount of money in question is more than the gas and TIME that it would take me to go back. I put a higher price tag on my personal time than on my time I'm paid at work, because I have less personal time and that time is more valuable to me with my family. I also estimate how much gas is. ( I do a quick estimate - I don't waste time actually sitting down and getting it to the penny.) If the CVS was close to me, or right near somewhere I was going anyway..I would go back. I would maybe go back for $6 if I was in the neighborhood. I would probably never go back for $1. My time with my kids is just worth way more than that to me. I would figure that between driving time gas, and actual personal frustration, I would gladly pay someone more than $1 to take care of something like that for me , therefore $1 would not be worth the time it would take out of my very short life on this earth.

I'm only bringing this up because, once I had a discussion with a woman on one of these threads over a coupon deal for cookies. She was all worked up, because her husband had used the coupon she gave him on the larger size and not the smaller size which was on sale, so instead of getting the cookies for free, he had paid $.25 for each package. she was mad because he would not drive the HOUR back to the store to exchange. I think he had bought 4 packages and they were out a dollar over it. (Really not out anything, because they got more cookies for it, but that was lost on her) She was so OCD over the fact that she wanted them for free, that she refused to see it was still a great deal for the money. I tried for sometime, to make her realize that in GAS alone, it would cost him something like $10 to go back, and come home. But she just refused to see the light on that one. I kept saying "but you clip coupons to save money, and this is going to COST you so much more than the cookies" she just would not see it. She was all about seeing $0 on her receipts and couldn't see the big picture.

Rich people are stingy with their time as much as their money. Yes, they could paint a room for cheaper if they did it themselves. But they realize they could be make MORE money doing something else for those hours while they are paying someone to paint and still comeout better in the end. So doing the cheapest thing is not always the wisest thing. You have look at all sides and do what is not necessarily the cheapest thing, but thing that is best for your lifestyle all around.
talulabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: