Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
TonyB
Mouseketeer

Disney Outlets in the Orlando area

Could someone be so kind as to post the addresses/locations of Disney Outlets in the Orlando area? We tried to find one once, but it seemed like we were on a wild goose chase

Thanks in advance for your help!
WDW - 09/05 (All Star Movies)DCL - 05/21/2006 Wonder (Stateroom 2534)WDW - 05/06 (OKW)
WDW - 09/06 (Pop Century)WDW - 02/07 (Villas @ Wilderness Lodge)WDW - 09/07 (Pop Century)WDW - 9/08 (Pop Century)
WDW - 10/08 (Pop Century/OKW)WDW - 08/09 (CBR)WDW - 02/10 (Holiday Inn - Downtown Disney)
WDW - 04/10 (All Star Movies)DCL - 04/22/2010 Wonder (Stateroom 2620)WDW - 11/10 (Pop Century)
TonyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
Synndy
Mouseketeer

Disney Outlet Stores Close to Disney World

You can get great deals on Walt Disney World theme park merchandise at nearby Disney outlet stores:

Disney's Character Premiere store, located at the Orlando Premium Outlets

Disney's Character Warehouse store at Prime Outlets Orlando, Mall 1 (formerly Belz Factory Outlet World).

Character Corner store at Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores (be sure to check out the printable coupons on the site).

For Walt Disney World souvenirs such as t-shirts, sweatshirts and mugs (and sometimes more exotic stuff), you can't beat the prices at the outlets. Sometimes you will even find current merchandise that is still be offered in the parks, at up to 50% off.

In general, to get to the outlet centers you will need a rental car or else you'll have to take a taxi. However, many non-Disney hotels offer free shuttles to Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores where Character Corner is located - click on the link to see the schedule.

I believe the Character Premiere store is operated by Disney (the staff wears Disney badges and the stores sell Disney passes -- plus you can pay for merchandise with Disney Dollars if you wish). The Character Warehouse and Character Corner stores are independently operated.

I personally think the best selection and most convenient location are combined at the Character Premiere outlet in Orlando Premium Outlets, which is a very short drive from Disney property. It is a nicely decorated store with good service. Be aware that some of the merchandise here is offered at full price, though most of it is marked down significantly. This store will allow returns and exchanges. The Orlando Premium Outlets center is also very large and has many upscale factory outlet stores in addition to the Character Premier outlet. If you like to shop, I think this is one of the best outlet centers anywhere in the US for high-end clothing labels (DKNY, Jones New York, Calvin Klein, Hilfiger, Versace, Fendi, etc.). The Character Premiere store is right in the middle of the center.

By comparison, the Character Corner at Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores is a bit shabby and has a much smaller selection of merchandise than the Character Premiere store. You can find some worthwhile deals here, but I have not seen much at this Character Corner that wasn't also at the Character Premiere store, usually at an identical price. This store also has some non-Disney merchandise and occasionally lower-end Disney merchandise that is not "resort exclusive." Be sure to look for tags that say Walt Disney World -- that's the good stuff. The Character Corner allows exchanges but not refunds. The other shops in this center are much more limited than at Orlando Premium Outlets.

I have not visited the Character Warehouse outlet store at Prime Outlets Orlando. That center is the furthest from Disney. I've read mixed reports on the deals available there, though the store is supposed to be quite nice.

http://www.mousesavers.com/otherwdw.html#outlets

links are there for addresses

My personal favorite is the one at the Premium Outlets.... amazing!
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
TonyB
Mouseketeer

Thanks Synndy!
WDW - 09/05 (All Star Movies)DCL - 05/21/2006 Wonder (Stateroom 2534)WDW - 05/06 (OKW)
WDW - 09/06 (Pop Century)WDW - 02/07 (Villas @ Wilderness Lodge)WDW - 09/07 (Pop Century)WDW - 9/08 (Pop Century)
WDW - 10/08 (Pop Century/OKW)WDW - 08/09 (CBR)WDW - 02/10 (Holiday Inn - Downtown Disney)
WDW - 04/10 (All Star Movies)DCL - 04/22/2010 Wonder (Stateroom 2620)WDW - 11/10 (Pop Century)
TonyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:51 AM   #4
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

We always have to hit all 3! For example I wanted a new watch and found the perfect one at Premium for $70 (originally over $100), I don't think there were any left at Prime of that style. Other times I have made out better at Prime outlets.

As for the one at Lake Buena Vista- this is a great for old merchandise. DD had her 1st Disney trip in 2006 when she was 2 months old and I never really bought her a souvenier. When I went in there this year there were 2006 Christmas ornaments for $.99! Then I got a 2007 one at Prime with the old MGM Studios logo. Now I just need a 2008 one! I have a friend going in a few weeks and I will put her on the hunt! LOL LBV outlet is also good to bring little kids to for cheap souveniers.

DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: