Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2009, 06:20 AM   #106
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
I haven't done a CARS page yet. Hmm, maybe I'll save that for our July trip.

Peter Pan and Wendy are together?? DARN!! DRAT!! I didn't know that...Thanks for telling me...now I'll try to figure out how to switch that around...

Good morning! I was just hopping on to tell you how much I enjoyed looking at your pages. They are delightful! However, since you asked, I must add that, yes, Peter is with Wendy... and Capt. Hook is usually with Mr. Smee. And contrary to what someone else posted, we have seen Genie and gotten an autograph. Sometimes he is with Jasmine and Aladdin and other times he has been alone. I think with finding many of the characters it is LUCK! I have seen people say that they spent YEARS looking for characters that we have seen on every trip!

Again, your book is beautiful and inspiring! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #107
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

We got Genie's autograph at Morocco in Epcot. We saw Aladdin and Jasmine by the Magic Carpets but since my kids are older and the line was full of little ones behind us, I asked the kids to allow the littlier ones to see them and my kids snapped photos and moved on...

PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #108
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEK224 View Post
Your pages are great! I just finished my first ever scrapbook and think I'm hooked.

I'd like to try to put together something like this, with all the autographs in one book. Will I get strange looks if I ask the characters to sign (adult w/no kids?) I want it for myself!
I think the characters would like you all just fine and I really can't imagine getting strange looks (if so, who cares?) It's your Disney experience and you can certainly have fun with the characters, too.

In fact, don't forget to talk to the face characters. Ask Ariel if she heard from Ursula lately or ask Snow White if she still eats apples (you get the idea). They have some really witty "repartee", esp if you get a person in a good mood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlhbdm View Post
My DH and I got back on October 1, and we are married with no kids and loved doing our autograph book and got really great character interaction. It turned out awesome!
I love it!! I always thought it was for kids, too and just never tried to do the character thing before...now I like it probably as much as my daughter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Good morning! I was just hopping on to tell you how much I enjoyed looking at your pages. They are delightful! However, since you asked, I must add that, yes, Peter is with Wendy... and Capt. Hook is usually with Mr. Smee. And contrary to what someone else posted, we have seen Genie and gotten an autograph. Sometimes he is with Jasmine and Aladdin and other times he has been alone. I think with finding many of the characters it is LUCK! I have seen people say that they spent YEARS looking for characters that we have seen on every trip!

Again, your book is beautiful and inspiring! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us............P
Thanks for the kind words about the book! Oh, I totally forgot about Mr. Smee. See, I'm really kind of new to this character thing. Growing up my Dad thought it was a waste of time and money to do the pic/siggies -- we had to get on all the rides!!! So last May was the first time we did it. I had made an ABC book and got characters and park employees (Jungle Cruise captain, Haunted Mansion maid, etc) to sign it. It was great!

And from what I hear you are right about who you may or may not see. I took a guess at 50+ characters but I imagine there are really, 100 more 150+ more? I guess that one day my autograph book will really become book"S".

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessNancy96 View Post
We got Genie's autograph at Morocco in Epcot. We saw Aladdin and Jasmine by the Magic Carpets but since my kids are older and the line was full of little ones behind us, I asked the kids to allow the littlier ones to see them and my kids snapped photos and moved on...
Thanks -- I am hoping to get Genie and will try Morocco.

That was nice of you to let the younger kids to see them.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #109
TEK224

Never gets tired of hearing "You're going to Disney again?!"

Is there a list anywhere of the characters you may see int he parks? I seem to remember one being started a long time ago, but not sure if there is a current one around anywhere.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #110
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEK224 View Post
Is there a list anywhere of the characters you may see int he parks? I seem to remember one being started a long time ago, but not sure if there is a current one around anywhere.
I asked about this on some other threads and was told that since the characters change so much there really isn't a list. You have to pick up a brochure as you enter the park, and even then, sometimes you need to ask a CM to call about a certain character to find out where, if anywhere, they may be.

I know I Google'd Disney Characters and Autographs and found a bunch of websites that had some good information and lists of characters. But there isn't any one definitive source.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #111
hollybearsmom
Please send my fairy godmother home, pronto!

I am so inspired by your book. It looks awesome. I have to get on the ball and make these for the kids coming to our vow renewal. That is a favor i think they would keep!

Keep posting more pictures!
hollybearsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #112
dahall
Mouseketeer

WOW OH WOW!!
I am inspired by you and others I have found here. I am going to the store RIGHT NOW to get supplies to get started. Thanks for the GREAT IDEAS.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #113
Marshay

Thanks dahall!

I've been working on a few more pages to add (Rapunzel & Flynn Rider, Cars (LM and Mater), Lotso, Lilo & Stitch, Tiana and Naveen). I should have pics of them at the end of this month.

We got a ton of pictures this past July trip and the book got so much attention (esp from the other moms). It made me happy -- I love to share it with them!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #114
jacksmomma
WWMD?~ What Would Mickey Do?

Another idea with autograph books...

Head to Epcot and ask a CM from each country to sign your book. These are great souviners and they were free! We especially enjoyed watching the CM from Morocco sign since they write from right to left.
6/04 Yacht Club
8/04 Disneyland
6/05 Disneyland
2/08 POFQ
6-7/08 ASSports
5/11 Pop
jacksmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #115
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmomma View Post
Another idea with autograph books...

Head to Epcot and ask a CM from each country to sign your book. These are great souviners and they were free! We especially enjoyed watching the CM from Morocco sign since they write from right to left.
Cool! We will include this too, after we get most of the characters!
Old 10-24-2010, 11:45 PM   #116
Marshay

Flynn Rider and Rapunzel. Note Rapunzel's hair falling out of the tower ...

The quotes are the only ones I could find so far.

Rap - Best day ever! and She's been grounded like ... forever!

FR - "the smoulder" quote

Old 10-24-2010, 11:46 PM   #117
Marshay

We are hoping to also meet Vidia when we go next month

Old 10-24-2010, 11:47 PM   #118
Marshay

I wanted to make sure Terence's page wasn't too girly

Old 10-24-2010, 11:47 PM   #119
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Oh that is soooooo cute!! I have been looking forward to seeing that movie since I saw the poster in June.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #120
Marshay

Not completely thrilled with these pages since they got so busy-looking but that's ok. I like my hidden mickey and the tire marks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: