Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
LoriABil
DIS Veteran

I take too many pics - how to divide the album?

Hi all!
I need sone advice from people who have scrapped Disney trips. I am working on a 2010 album and have LOTS of pics, including the Halloween party!

If I do all of the layouts I'm thinking, including MNSSHP, We are talking 2 books (yes, I love to take pics). Or...I could do a small layout of MNSSHP and make a whole book devoted to Halloween at WDW!~ (We have been for 4 years and LOVE it!)

I already have 2008 done, but no other books are done yet. I figure I am doing 2 books either way, and a book for MNSSHP might be fun... thoughts? Should I keep the "time-line" type theme and just have a smaller MNSSHP section?

*Meaning, take everything I say with a grain of salt and a lot of tequila

LoriABil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:11 AM   #2
mlktwins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriABil View Post
Hi all!
Or...I could do a small layout of MNSSHP and make a whole book devoted to Halloween at WDW!~ (We have been for 4 years and LOVE it!)
I would do this! I have the same problem taking too many pics!!!! We've only done 1 WDW trip and I'm putting everything into one book (including the Christmas party). However, I'm also getting caught up on my boys' albums, which I'm doing chronologically. I've finally decided to make a 2 page spread of my absolute favorite pics from vacations in their chronological books and make a digital book specific to each vacation.
mlktwins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

I had 3 huge albums last trip. This trip I am condensing to 2 (cruise and parks). I would make a separate album for Halloween stuff I think.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

I'm the odd duck. I guess I must be a little OCD because I have to have everything in chronological order. Having said that, I think doing a separate album for your MNSSH Parties is a cute idea. It would be fun to see the changes each year (i.e., kids growing, costumes, decorations).
Belle0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
LoriABil
DIS Veteran

I am a little OCD about chronological order, too. I guess that's why I'm having this problem! I love mlktwins's idea about a smaller spread of the best pics, and then a separate book for MNSSHP. Plus, I think I have tons of black pages, which would be perfect! Now, If I can get it down to two pages...that would be magical!

*Meaning, take everything I say with a grain of salt and a lot of tequila

LoriABil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
mlktwins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriABil View Post
I am a little OCD about chronological order, too. I guess that's why I'm having this problem! I love mlktwins's idea about a smaller spread of the best pics, and then a separate book for MNSSHP. Plus, I think I have tons of black pages, which would be perfect! Now, If I can get it down to two pages...that would be magical!
You could do 4 pages too :-). The other thing I do is print wallet size so I can get more on a page without having to cut all my 4x6 pics down. I order from Costco and you get 4 wallets of the same picture. This works since I'm doing a book for each boy and a family album (at least that is my plan). I also like that they end up with a white border around them, but that can also be cut off. The wallet size is cute for all those pics of the characters in the parade that maybe don't require a big 4x6 of. I did this for the animal kingdom parade and it turned out really cute.
mlktwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #7
Reddy
Scrapbooker

maybe I'm the crazy one - I'm doing 5 albums for my last trip (3 ring binder)
Old 07-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #8
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy View Post
maybe I'm the crazy one - I'm doing 5 albums for my last trip (3 ring binder)
No!! My 2012 trip was 3 albums (3 ring binders) with 170+ layouts?? Lost count I fill my albums a little too much I believe though.

This latest trip will be two complete albums. (Not to mention previous trips/cruises ) I was proud of myself this last trip and actually didn't stay behind the camera the whole time!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #9
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

I have 3 large 3 ring binders for our 2008 trip.... I don't even remember how many LOs there are... I don't think I even counted....

I am still trying to get through 2010.. It will be at least 4- 3 ring binders...

2012 will be 3-4 - 3 ring binders....

I take so many photos and then I try to make sure if I put a LO together that I don't miss a family member in photos unless 1. they don't ride that ride or 2. I'm behind the camera.

In 2005, our photos are mainly of the kids.. the kids went on vacation.. DH and I just paid for it if you look at our photos... We were there but very few photos! We have actively changed that to make sure we are in photos!

Secrets still a go...but they keep taking my computer...
PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #10
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

I like the idea of doing the 2010 book & then having a separate Halloween book. That would be really cute! So it's like you have all these albums of each year of regular Disney photos & then you have this special book of all Halloween celebrations at Disney. It makes sense to me.

I do digital scrapbooking & I am trying to finish my 2011 book before our next trip. Just talking about it gets me wanting to work on it.

Have fun scrapping!!!
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #11
KinPA
Earning My Ears

I take way too many pics too. I've been to Disney 5 times now and don't even have one album completed. What I started doing recently is making pockets on my pages. Then I pick out the pics I really want on the pages and the others go in the pockets
I think a separate Halloween album would be great too.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #12
disneyfreakjackie
The only thing better than a Disney trip is a new tag!
I want my tag fairy to be Jon Bon Jovi in a soft white robe . . . or not!!
Pick on Bon Jovi and you'll be living on a prayer

I LOVED when Kodak used to offer 3x5 prints ... this was the answer to my prayers!!! Anyone know if you can order this size anywhere?
6/94~Poly*5/00~DixieLandings*12/00~Sports*12/01~Sports*4/02~Riverside*12/03~Music*8/04~Wilderness Lodge*5/05~Riverside & Caribbean Beach*8/05~Coronado Springs*02/06~French Quarter*8/06~Coronado Springs & DISNEY WONDER*8/07~POP & DISNEY MAGIC-Eastern*8/08~Coronado Springs*5/09~Movies*10/10~7-nights @ Bay Lake Tower! & DISNEY MAGIC-Western Caribbean Halloween Cruise *8/11~9-nights~Bay Lake Tower*5/12~ Boardwalk Villa's~6-nights*~11/12 Grand CALIFORNIAN & DISNEY WONDER-Mexican Riviera*8/13~Animal Kingdom Lodge/Kidani~10-nights

disneyfreakjackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #13
writersblock42
DIS Veteran

I personally would do one small book that is just Halloween maybe an 8x10 and then do a couple of layouts to go in the regular album.
On-Site 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
On-Site 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
writersblock42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #14
albarellic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreakjackie View Post
I LOVED when Kodak used to offer 3x5 prints ... this was the answer to my prayers!!! Anyone know if you can order this size anywhere?
I was looking into printing some "Project Mouse" cards and while checking out their prices I noticed that Persnickity Prints still has a 3x5 photo option. I miss that print size too, but can't seem to pass up the free photo offers I get on Shutterfly.

https://persnicketyprints.lifepics.com/Pricing
albarellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #15
snowhitewonder2014
Earning My Ears

Reading all of the posts makes me want to dig out my unfinished books and get started again. We have four children and have take our older two (age 14 & 16 yrs) almost yearly from 8 months of age on. I am very pleased to say I have only 4 years left to complete (2007, 2008, 2009 & 2011). As they older kids grow the better the books look. I take loads of photos but have learned to cut back a bit and to only place the photo's in that I love. This keeps me at one book a year. LOVE the pocket idea.. I also downsized to 8x8 albums although they can be thick the size is great for me. Printing photos in wallet size is a huge help.

Best of luck to all of you! Would love to see where we are all at in 3/6/9 months for
example.
snowhitewonder2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: