Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #106
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Sheryl - No fussing, just prayers.
Ditto from me!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #107
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

Aimee - Are any "true" Disney on-site hotels available? The reason I'm asking is because if the parks fill to capacity, I'm not sure the Dolphin has the same status to get into the parks. Also, I can't remember if they are eligible for EMH or not. Otherwise, I think the Dolphin is a great location and the price is about half of what you'd pay at the neighboring WDW hotels.

Sheryl - I'm looking forward to Thursday!

Marilyn - Mice LOVE chocolate, and meat grease. They are nocturnal and tend to run along the walls - I've read it's because they don't see well and use their whiskers to help them move. So...put your traps along the edge of walls and bait them with meat grease or chocolate.

Glynis - That is a lot of shopping! Good luck!

Lauren - I hope you feel better soon! That sounds miserable.

Kathy - Sorry you are going through a rough time.

Nancy - That really stinks about the farm. Even the weather is not cooperating to help out the economy. This summer has been so weird for so much of the country. I think it's been normal here... Is it? Kathy? Sheryl? Is this normal?

There was more I was going to say...but I got distracted and now I can't remember.

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Where'sPiglet? is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #108
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

I know someone was talking about a blueberry french toast recently. I looked back through the threads and couldn't find it. Can someone help? If it's something I can fix the night before I'd like to try it this weekend.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #109
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

Sheryl Hopefully you are only sore and didn't hurt anything.

I have only one piece of carpet to take up but I am all out of steam. Working all day and then coming home to do demo is wearing me out. I found where Mr mouse got in upstairs. There is a hole in the floor of the closet. I will plug that up and my cat will not have anymore snacks.

I thought I should paint as long as the floor is not down. Then I won't have to worry about dripping on the new floor.

Glynis I have not shopped for Alex yet. September has always been his growing time. I am waiting for his growing to stop.

Tonight we went out for sandwiches I am pooped.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #110
Glynis

Quote:
I know someone was talking about a blueberry french toast recently. I looked back through the threads and couldn't find it. Can someone help? If it's something I can fix the night before I'd like to try it this weekend.
I've got a couple of overnight french toast recipes that call for various fruits. I'll look through my stuff and post what I can find.

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
Old 08-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #111
TigerKat

Bethany - I'd like to comment on the weather here but I don't want to jinx us....extremely quiet hurricane season.....I didn't just say that.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #112
Glynis

Ok, here's a couple of recipes. None of them call specifically for blueberries, but I'm betting that you could throw them in.

Raspberry-Cinnamon French Toast

12 slices cinnamon bread, cubed
5 eggs, beaten
1 3/4 C. milk
1 C. packed brown sugar, divided
1/4 tsp. each cinnamon and nutmeg
1/2 C. slivered almonds
1/4 C. butter, melted
2 C. fresh raspberries

Place bread cubes in a greased 13-9-inch baking dish. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle almonds over the egg mixture. Combine butter and remaining brown sugar; drizzle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with raspberries. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.

Maple French Toast Casserole

7 C. cubed French bread
1/2 C. golden raisins
1 pkg. (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 C. warm heavy whipping cream
1/4 C. maple syrup
6 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
Additional maple syrup

Place bread in a greased baking dish; press down gently. Sprinkle with raising. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in whipping cream and syrup; mix well. Whisk together the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt; add to cream cheese. Pour over bread; lightly press with a spatula. Cover; refrigerate overnight. Remove 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Uncover, bake 20-25 minutes longer or until center is set and top is golden brown. Serve with syrup.

I know I have some more. I'll keep looking.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #113
TigerKat

Thanks Glynis, that first one sounds yummy and not TOO bad for me...
Old 08-04-2009, 09:15 PM   #114
Where'sPiglet?

I just went outside and the fighter jets are flying in circles. Kinda cool to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
As long as the fussing have been taken care of.......................
I missed this earlier; I only caught it when I went back to see what I missed in the earlier post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlass View Post

I made the OP !!

Ok sure, not quite the traditional way but be serious it was never gonnae happen for my " cooking skills " now was it !!??

" Im in the OP,Im in the OP...na na na na na..Im in the OP !!"
The guy is hot, but you are a hot mess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
Thanks everyone for your concern.

Nothing MAJOR just a big dissapointment for all of us. The sun WILL come up tomorrow and with everything else going on in this thread it is nothing.

But thanks SO much for all of the good wishes. You have no idea how much I appreciate it. Life goes on.

Ellen
It's NOT NOTHING. You don't have to share if you don't want to, but you are always welcome to share what's going on - good OR bad. That's what this thread is all about! It's like a family dinner in here...you meet up to eat, but the heart of the meal is the conversation and support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamandcaili View Post
We had burgers for dinner tonight. That was Liam's choice. At first I wasn't sure I wanted that, but they tasted so good after our day of sun and surf. Liam was a little disappointed that he missed out on the beach, but he had a great time at the camp too. He agreed that he would rather miss out on one afternoon of beach to skip three days of sitting in the skating rink.
I love a good burger! (Ask Sheryl ) Your kids sound like they are being raised right, and I'm always amazed at how committed they are to their activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERSEY View Post
I got part of the carpet up. Surprise the carpet padding is foam. This builder did everything on the cheap. I am all for a bargain but foam. Thank god we never had a fire I hope to have to rest of the carpet up tonight but I am not going to overdo it. I have to go to work this week. Where did I get such heavy furniture?
WOW! I'm glad you're changing it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucpharm29 View Post
So, trip drama. Here goes. We traveled to Northern Wisconsin to stay a week with my parents in the house they rent for 3 weeks. We were invited, not vacation crashers. So,I figured that we might do some stuff with them during the week. Heck, we brought their grandkids with us. We spent 7 days in the same house as them and we only did one thing with them, and that was maybe for 2 hours. We invited them to come with us to do stuff. But they made other plans and didn't include us in on anything. I mean, who has a vacation for a week with their grandchildren and doesn't do anything with them. Really made me mad, I mean, these are my parents! But I prayed for a change of attitude (for myself, can't change what they will or won't do) and we had a nice time. Just the 4 of us.

So, then we start driving home late Saturday afternoon after a lovely time with some old friends. We get about 30min from our stop for the night (8:30pm) and both our headlights go out! Who has that luck? So, we drove the rest of the way with fog lamps and brights. Scott got up early Sunday morning and changed the headlights. We get on the road only to find out our car DVD player won't work. Oh goodie, gonna be a fun 13 hour drive home. So, then I think "Aha! I can play some shows off my iPhone" only to discover that I have almost no battery left and I left my charger in Wisconsin. Geez! So we stopped and got a car charger at a Walmart. We made it home after that w/o any other problems.
That is unbelievable about your trip - both the way the family dynamics went and also BOTH lights going out at the same time. Are you sure it's not some sort of short?

Old 08-04-2009, 09:21 PM   #115
Where'sPiglet?

Quote:
Bethany - I'd like to comment on the weather here but I don't want to jinx us....extremely quiet hurricane season.....I didn't just say that.
Say what? ...and I'm actually beginning to get unnerved by that...

Today was gorgeous minus about an hour of pouring rain.

And I KNEW it was going to rain. HOW? I always forget to put up that sunshade thing. My car (with a black interior) was so hot when I got in it to run errands. So when we got back, I put in the sunshade....because NO CLOUDS IN SIGHT. FINALLY remembered! Yes! And I thought to myself...because I'm putting this thing up, it's going to rain. MMmmhmmm. Rain it did!

And yes, OF COURSE I got caught out in it. I was out walking to the mailbox. With the dog that doesn't like rain.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #116
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

Kathy I found this that Sheryl made http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=379 you can easily make pancakes instead of waffles or just zip over to Sheryl's house.

Alex went on a cheesecake factory tour and brought me homw a sampler of 4 different kinds. So far I had a small wedge of french silk last night and tonight I had the carmel apple. Since I am doing so much physical labor I thought I need the extra calories.

My upstairs looks so bad I hope no one comes by in the next couple of days. I forgot to mention. This morning I scared my self so bad. I was coming out of the bathroom and going do the hall and saw a dark shape out of the corner of my eye. It was my recliner but it sure put up quite a battle. Good thing I was alone and no one witnessed my punch a defenseless chair.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #117
Aimeedyan
Why get all excited about something as silly as a fake celebrity? Or getting a tag?
Jello is not meant to be chunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmerle1966 View Post
Bejeweled Blitz is offline tonight.
Ack! Whatever will I do late tonight while watching mindless TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where'sPiglet? View Post
Aimee - Are any "true" Disney on-site hotels available? The reason I'm asking is because if the parks fill to capacity, I'm not sure the Dolphin has the same status to get into the parks. Also, I can't remember if they are eligible for EMH or not. Otherwise, I think the Dolphin is a great location and the price is about half of what you'd pay at the neighboring WDW hotels.
Yes, they do have some but all of the deluxe hotels are pretty pricey. I usually okay at a moderate but hate the buses and end up driving and dealing with traffic anyways. I know, I'm weird. Plus the moderates are $219 We are likely not going to go to the parks on Christmas - if we do, it's be Epcot, which has not closed in the past (usually MK).

I checked and Swanolphin hotels are eligible for EMH and are on the WDW transportation system. But you can't charge to the room, buy the dining plan, or do package delivery.

Can I just say how much I my GI? I was watching TV a couple hours ago and the GI office called (caller ID). Picked it up and it was him! I expected his assistant, since she was checking on why I don't have medication yet. He said he got the lab results and the biopsies confirmed Crohns - what a surprise It is good news, as there is a slightly higher risk of cancer and you never want cancerous cells to show up.

He also wanted to see how I was feeling and when I told him about my throat, he said it should not still hurt. He apologized and said if it still hurts next week, come in and we'll see what's going on.
1982 & 1990 ~ trips as a child ~1997 ~ Caribbean Beach ~ 2002 ~ Vacation Home ~ 2003 ~ Stayed with Family ~ 2004 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~2006 ~ Pop Century & Disney's Vero Beach ~ 2007 ~ Wilderness Lodge & Yacht Club ~ 2008 ~ Carnival Cruise & All Star Music ~ 2009 ~ All Star Sports & Downtown Hotel ~ 2009 ~ All Star Music, Comfort Inn & Boardwalk Villas
Aimeedyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #118
TigerKat

Thanks Janice!!!!

Nan - Thanks so much for the wrinkle release recipe. It is freaking amazing, my son will not have to look rumpled when he's at LSU!!!!!

Last edited by TigerKat; 08-04-2009 at 09:48 PM.
TigerKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:51 PM   #119
TigerKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimeedyan View Post
Can I just say how much I my GI? I was watching TV a couple hours ago and the GI office called (caller ID). Picked it up and it was him! I expected his assistant, since she was checking on why I don't have medication yet. He said he got the lab results and the biopsies confirmed Crohns - what a surprise It is good news, as there is a slightly higher risk of cancer and you never want cancerous cells to show up.

He also wanted to see how I was feeling and when I told him about my throat, he said it should not still hurt. He apologized and said if it still hurts next week, come in and we'll see what's going on.
That's wonderful news Aimee, hopefully your throat will get better soon!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #120
Glynis

Quote:
Thanks Glynis, that first one sounds yummy and not TOO bad for me...
It's really yummy with raspberries, but I imagine it would be really good with blueberries, too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: