Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #91
LBKB
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post
Hey Guys! BBL later to catch up...I went to the Endocrinologist today and my levels were high so I now have to take 4 pills a day instead of 2. I also cannot have my heartrate go over 100 since Graves disease can affect the heart. I am also starting to get symptoms of hyperthyroidism/Graves Disease. At times I feel it hard to swallow due to the size of the thyroid and sweat like a pig...something I never did. Last week while bowling my head was soaking wet with sweat. What joy. I am probably going to have my thyroid removed soon...as soon as my levels are stable, I can talk about surgery. I will then have to take Synthroid everyday. Getting it removed will mean no more painful biopsies, not as many dr appointments and not as many pills.



Mom is still here and doing OK. She gets alot alot to go to the bathroom and went into T's room this AM thinking it was the bathroom and woke him up at 5:30! Luckily he had a bottle and snuggled up with Mommy and went to sleep again.
Oh Lauren that doesn't sound good I'm sorry
I pray you have enough strength while your mom is there
LBKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #92
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran
 
Nancyg56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 15,181

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKWMom View Post

This was on Sunday and I told Mom I needed to bring her when Dad was feeling up to it. I'm not sure he is really able to handle her visit, but he doesn't want to keep her away any longer if she is calling for him.
Gretchen- I bet she is going to be good medicine for your Dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmerle1966 View Post
THIS IS WAR!!!!!
No More Nice Gal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post
I am also starting to get symptoms of hyperthyroidism/Graves Disease. At times I feel it hard to swallow due to the size of the thyroid and sweat like a pig...something I never did. Last week while bowling my head was soaking wet with sweat. What joy. I am probably going to have my thyroid removed soon...as soon as my levels are stable, I can talk about surgery. I will then have to take Synthroid everyday. Getting it removed will mean no more painful biopsies, not as many dr appointments and not as many pills.

This will probably be the best thing, you cannot live like this, especially trying to raise two boys. I wish you the best!

Okay, I am not getting much done lately. I have no motivation
__________________
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #93
lttlmc3
You can ship it. I'll still eat it
If I were a ghost, I would def. stay at WDW!
 
lttlmc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,310

Tonight it's hamburger pizzas! Not too excited about them, but my father gave me a whole bunch so they were free!
lttlmc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #94
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!
 
Glynis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alpine, Utah
Posts: 15,790

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucpharm29 View Post
Morning ladies! Thanks for all the welcome backs.

So, trip drama. Here goes. We traveled to Northern Wisconsin to stay a week with my parents in the house they rent for 3 weeks. We were invited, not vacation crashers. So,I figured that we might do some stuff with them during the week. Heck, we brought their grandkids with us. We spent 7 days in the same house as them and we only did one thing with them, and that was maybe for 2 hours. We invited them to come with us to do stuff. But they made other plans and didn't include us in on anything. I mean, who has a vacation for a week with their grandchildren and doesn't do anything with them. Really made me mad, I mean, these are my parents! But I prayed for a change of attitude (for myself, can't change what they will or won't do) and we had a nice time. Just the 4 of us.

So, then we start driving home late Saturday afternoon after a lovely time with some old friends. We get about 30min from our stop for the night (8:30pm) and both our headlights go out! Who has that luck? So, we drove the rest of the way with fog lamps and brights. Scott got up early Sunday morning and changed the headlights. We get on the road only to find out our car DVD player won't work. Oh goodie, gonna be a fun 13 hour drive home. So, then I think "Aha! I can play some shows off my iPhone" only to discover that I have almost no battery left and I left my charger in Wisconsin. Geez! So we stopped and got a car charger at a Walmart. We made it home after that w/o any other problems.

Nan--hmmmm, think you can send some of your wine down to F&W for us????

Becky--do you have a recipe for the fennel and tomatoes? Looks yummy!

Glynis--learned an interesting Utah fact on our trip. That Utah is number two in the nation in cherry production. Who'd a thought! Michigan is no. 1 and Wisconsin no. 3. We won a dollar on our trolley ride by coming up with Utah!

The cherry pie turned out yummy, but a little runny. I think I need to drain the cherries a bit longer before baking. Very tasty though. Not sure WFD tonight. It's my mom's night to cook for the kids, so whatever she makes is fine by me.
Holy cow, what a trip!!! I'm glad you made it home!

I had no idea that Utah was number 2 in cherry production! We do have tons of cherry orchards around here, and they are beautiful to look at! I did know that we are number 1 in Jell-O consumption, and we used to be number one in ice cream consumption. How's that for useless trivia!!!
__________________


2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #95
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!
 
Glynis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alpine, Utah
Posts: 15,790

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmerle1966 View Post
Doing something with ground beef for dinner, not sure what yet.

Got a little more done downstairs last night, the vent guy is coming Saturday at noon.

I have pulled all of these clothes and stuff out and have been using my bed to sort it all so I have been sleeping on the daybed in the family room rather then clean it off every night, if I did I would not get as much done. So this morning I wake up and hear scratching in the storage area of the family room right behind the daybed. All I have to say is....

THIS IS WAR!!!!!

I have tried to be nice about this and tried to relocate this little pest but he will not cooperate and climb in the nice, safe, little trap. Now it is time for the big guns, I'm going with the clothes pin trap. It looks like a big clothes pin and is quite effective. Just last night I was getting something out of the pantry and found mouse droppings on the floor and last week my DM found where he had gotten in to a baking bar that was on the pantry shelves in the storage room upstairs. It is off to Target tonight to find my traps!
I feel your pain! We just got rid of our little pest! We tried trap after trap, but finally he ate the blue pellets and we were able to get rid of him.
__________________


2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #96
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!
 
Glynis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alpine, Utah
Posts: 15,790

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post
Hey Guys! BBL later to catch up...I went to the Endocrinologist today and my levels were high so I now have to take 4 pills a day instead of 2. I also cannot have my heartrate go over 100 since Graves disease can affect the heart. I am also starting to get symptoms of hyperthyroidism/Graves Disease. At times I feel it hard to swallow due to the size of the thyroid and sweat like a pig...something I never did. Last week while bowling my head was soaking wet with sweat. What joy. I am probably going to have my thyroid removed soon...as soon as my levels are stable, I can talk about surgery. I will then have to take Synthroid everyday. Getting it removed will mean no more painful biopsies, not as many dr appointments and not as many pills.

Nancy, so sorry for the loss of the crop. I know you were praying that would not happen. So sad about the other farmers too.

Ann, Thomas had been having a little rice cereal in his bottle since he was about 2 months old. At 4 months, he started on a spoon. I started with oatmeal last week and then green beans today. He loves to eat and just loved the green beans today. I made them myself. I steamed/boiled frozen organic green beans and them pureed them...yay!

Stephanie, Glad you had a great vacation and a positive outlook!

Mom is still here and doing OK. She gets alot alot to go to the bathroom and went into T's room this AM thinking it was the bathroom and woke him up at 5:30! Luckily he had a bottle and snuggled up with Mommy and went to sleep again.

OK, gotta get stuff done here. I will try to BBL!
Lauren - I'm praying that your levels stabilize so you can have the surgery. It seems to me that taking Synthroid would be a lot less of a hassle than what you are going through, now! I hope it all works out for you.
__________________


2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #97
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!
 
Glynis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alpine, Utah
Posts: 15,790

Well, I got Jacob all outfitted for school today. Not that he needed much. Just a pair of pants, a new shirt for the first day of school and some underwear! I just love that kid! After we shopped, we split a personal cheese pizza, and then had a shake. It was nice to have some one on one time with my little man! Tomorrow I'll take Leslie out and try to have a nice experience there, too. She's a little more high maintenance. Luckily, she and Mary don't need a whole lot for school. Mostly just some pants. Their shirts from last year still fit, so that's good.

I ended up not making the rotisserie chicken ragout last night. We had mac and cheese instead. Tonight I will make the ragout.

Prayers for all of you who need them!
__________________


2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:05 PM   #98
shovan
DIS Veteran
 
shovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: metro NOLA
Posts: 8,349

I just realized I get to get out of this house a couple of times this week! Alexis has a mini music recital tonight for her summer singing class. Thursday, Bethany is picking me up for lunch with a few Nola girls. DD asked me to go to the movies on Friday to see Julie & Julia! I hope I can handle of that!

We'll probably pick up something for dinner while we are out. DH has been much too easy on me, suggesting takeout. I'm never going to get back in the groove of "real life"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
Sheryl- School supplies! Marisa starts early and buys a lot of sale things. Thank goodness the list is not long.

So no kisses for Angelina? I get that from kady as well, home is one thing but out is another. Now Buddy's kisses are few and far between lately...after all....he is a GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

You all are not ignorant consumers. It goes both ways. We have friends who are a little irritated when the store only wants perfect veggies but seriously, if you are paying good money for a vegetable and can choose pretty over a spotted one, what would you choose?

Farming in the North is bittersweet. It very seldom pays the bills so for many it is a second job. .
Nan, Chris isn't one to prepare ahead of time, but then the school does some awfully dumb things too. They send out the supply list, with a bunch of things that have to be purchased at the school. Get this though, you have to come on this one certain day between 9:00 -2:00!!! I guess they think the tuition money falls from the sky like mannah and these parents don't have to work! Angelina told Chris she would do it for her & make the run to Walmart for everything else. Of course WalMart didn't have everything & she had to go to Office Depot too.

Angelina did stop her & got her hug, but not without huffing & eyerolling from Alexis.

One thing I do understand about fresh produce, is that the prettiest ones aren't always the tastiest. There were some tomatoes labeled as Creoles in the grocery. I walked up to them & picked one up & smelled it. An older lady walked over to me & said "Honey you know that's not Creole's! They are too pretty & smell like cardboard, not a creole tomato." Neither of us purchased those tomatoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmerle1966 View Post
I have pulled all of these clothes and stuff out and have been using my bed to sort it all so I have been sleeping on the daybed in the family room rather then clean it off every night, if I did I would not get as much done. So this morning I wake up and hear scratching in the storage area of the family room right behind the daybed. All I have to say is....

THIS IS WAR!!!!!

I have tried to be nice about this
Charge!! Marilyn, The last time I had them in the house, my regular pest control guy said " You do realize it's not just one mouse. They always move in & invite the whole family." Sorry, I know gross! Buy a few traps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKWMom View Post
Tonight Kenny and the kids are having leftovers and leftover ice cream cake. Hailey and I are going to see my Dad. .
I'm sure he will feel better just seeing her!


Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post
Hey Guys! BBL later to catch up...I went to the Endocrinologist today and my levels were high so I now have to take 4 pills a day instead of 2. I also cannot have my heartrate go over 100 since Graves disease can affect the heart.
Lauren, I'm sending prayers that the dr. guides you in the right direction. You have too much on your plate to be feeling bad all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lttlmc3 View Post
Tonight it's hamburger pizzas! Not too excited about them, but my father gave me a whole bunch so they were free!
Free is always good!
__________________


shovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #99
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!
 
bigmerle1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MD
Posts: 11,105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
I feel your pain! We just got rid of our little pest! We tried trap after trap, but finally he ate the blue pellets and we were able to get rid of him.
I'm afraid to give them poison. I worked at a concession stand at a local lake one year when they had a mouse problem and we ended up finding the little suckers all over the place. I want to know where the little thing is going to meet it's mousy maker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovan View Post
Charge!! Marilyn, The last time I had them in the house, my regular pest control guy said " You do realize it's not just one mouse. They always move in & invite the whole family." Sorry, I know gross! Buy a few traps!
The weird thing is in the past we have always had just one at a time, I swear it's using my house as a hotel.

When we have gotten a mouse in the past, once we have gotten rid of it there wouldn't be one for a couple of years and then just the one again. I would only know we had one because I could hear it in between my bedroom ceiling and the kitchen above and has only gotten in to one or two things, usually chocolate. We've found droppings but they were usually in very hidden areas.

Now with this one, I have heard it under the dresser in my bedroom, in the storage area, it's gotten in to my DM's plants (she found dirt on the floor more then once) and we've found mouse droppings in numerous places that are more visable like the pantry and the bathroom floor. The baking bar was sitting on a shelf in the storage room upstairs which is VERY visable.

I guess he thinks he's special but I am going to get him!
__________________
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
...
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #100
shovan
DIS Veteran
 
shovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: metro NOLA
Posts: 8,349

Marilyn, I hope you get that little trespasser tonight!


I just did something really dumb. I went to water my potted plants, I've done it the past week using the hose with no problems. I realized they hadn't had plant food in quite a while. So I poured the plant food in the watering can & filled it up. Not realizing it's a 2 gallon can & a bit heavy. Well I picked it up & then I knew it! I'm hurting from it already. Say some prayers I didn't hurt anything. No fussing necessary, I've already been fussed at by Chris & will get more when DH comes home & DD finds out.
__________________


shovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #101
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse
 
TigerKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Terrytown(New Orleans)LA
Posts: 39,616

Sheryl - No fussing, just prayers.
__________________
TigerKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #102
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran
 
Nancyg56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 15,181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
I did know that we are number 1 in Jell-O consumption, and we used to be number one in ice cream consumption. How's that for useless trivia!!!
I bet that we are #1 now.....Buddy cannot get enough ice cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Well, I got Jacob all outfitted for school today. Not that he needed much. Just a pair of pants, a new shirt for the first day of school and some underwear! I just love that kid! After we shopped, we split a personal cheese pizza, and then had a shake. It was nice to have some one on one time with my little man! Tomorrow I'll take Leslie out and try to have a nice experience there, too. She's a little more high maintenance. Luckily, she and Mary don't need a whole lot for school. Mostly just some pants. Their shirts from last year still fit, so that's good.

I ended up not making the rotisserie chicken ragout last night. We had mac and cheese instead. Tonight I will make the ragout.

Prayers for all of you who need them!
It is so nice that you get to take them out individually. I love high maintenance girls as long as I am not shopping with them. Some day I'll share my shopping trips with Debbie and Kim. Both were athletes, developed muscles in places girls should not until they are 25 and very opinionated about clothing. One shoe trip ended badly until Marisa picked her up, gave her 5 minutes to say yes to the shoe and leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lttlmc3 View Post
Tonight it's hamburger pizzas! Not too excited about them, but my father gave me a whole bunch so they were free!
As Sheryl pointed out we all like free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmerle1966 View Post


The weird thing is in the past we have always had just one at a time, I swear it's using my house as a hotel.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shovan View Post
No fussing necessary, I've already been fussed at by Chris & will get more when DH comes home & DD finds out.
As long as the fussing have been taken care of.......................

We are having grilled steak, broccoli and salad. I started a potato and onion packet but Nola was having no part of my fixing dinner so that will wait until tomorrow. Dinner may be , Buddy has been saying there is nothing wrong with the grill but tonight it is just simmering. Mind you he has never used the grill and it is really in sad shape but tonight he said dinner would take a loooooooooog time. I am okay with that, I just poured a glass of wine to hold me over!
__________________
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #103
Aimeedyan
Why get all excited about something as silly as a fake celebrity? Or getting a tag?
Jello is not meant to be chunky
 
Aimeedyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 16,524

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucpharm29 View Post
Morning ladies! Thanks for all the welcome backs.
Crazy trip! I'm glad that you made the best of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKWMom View Post
This was on Sunday and I told Mom I needed to bring her when Dad was feeling up to it. I'm not sure he is really able to handle her visit, but he doesn't want to keep her away any longer if she is calling for him.
I hope it goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post
Hey Guys! BBL later to catch up...I went to the Endocrinologist today and my levels were high so I now have to take 4 pills a day instead of 2. I also cannot have my heartrate go over 100 since Graves disease can affect the heart. I am also starting to get symptoms of hyperthyroidism/Graves Disease. At times I feel it hard to swallow due to the size of the thyroid and sweat like a pig...something I never did. Last week while bowling my head was soaking wet with sweat. What joy. I am probably going to have my thyroid removed soon...as soon as my levels are stable, I can talk about surgery. I will then have to take Synthroid everyday. Getting it removed will mean no more painful biopsies, not as many dr appointments and not as many pills.
I'm sorry you're having issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovan View Post
I just did something really dumb. I went to water my potted plants, I've done it the past week using the hose with no problems. I realized they hadn't had plant food in quite a while. So I poured the plant food in the watering can & filled it up. Not realizing it's a 2 gallon can & a bit heavy. Well I picked it up & then I knew it! I'm hurting from it already. Say some prayers I didn't hurt anything. No fussing necessary, I've already been fussed at by Chris & will get more when DH comes home & DD finds out.


I think we're having grilled shrimp and corn tonight... and maybe rice... my throat is back to bothering me a lot today and while I'm starving, it hurts too much to bother eating. I will see if I can get down the shrimp and corn without too much issue.


Disney WWYD: We are going to WDW Dec 18-26. I scored a great rate at a Comfort Inn for the first 5 nights but we need somewhere from 23-26, so three nights. Since I am told that is a crazy time at WDW, I thought we'd stay at The Dolphin so we don't have to drive anywhere if we don't want to and I looooooooove that Boardwalk area. Mom says the traffic is horrid and staying as close to property as possible is key. We may not even do the parks those days, but want to be close for dining, extra activities, pool, fireworks, etc. I got a $169 rate at Dolphin the first two nights but on Christmas, the lowest rate out is $319. Y'all, I have never spent that on a hotel and it kills me to pay rack. But it's Christmas! DH is about to have a heartattack Now, I paid $150 for the first FIVE NIGHTS of hotel total so I think we've earned the splurge but he's not as easily convinced.

We can stay at the Gaylord or Celebration Hotel for half the price. But, we'd have to drive anyplace we wanted to go and mess with parking/traffic. Is it worth the extra $150 to stay in the Epcot area on Christmas? Or would you save the money and book an offsite spot?
__________________
1982 & 1990 ~ trips as a child ~1997 ~ Caribbean Beach ~ 2002 ~ Vacation Home ~ 2003 ~ Stayed with Family ~ 2004 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~2006 ~ Pop Century & Disney's Vero Beach ~ 2007 ~ Wilderness Lodge & Yacht Club ~ 2008 ~ Carnival Cruise & All Star Music ~ 2009 ~ All Star Sports & Downtown Hotel ~ 2009 ~ All Star Music, Comfort Inn & Boardwalk Villas
Aimeedyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #104
LBKB
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovan View Post
Marilyn, I hope you get that little trespasser tonight!


I just did something really dumb. I went to water my potted plants, I've done it the past week using the hose with no problems. I realized they hadn't had plant food in quite a while. So I poured the plant food in the watering can & filled it up. Not realizing it's a 2 gallon can & a bit heavy. Well I picked it up & then I knew it! I'm hurting from it already. Say some prayers I didn't hurt anything. No fussing necessary, I've already been fussed at by Chris & will get more when DH comes home & DD finds out.

OH NOOO Praying I know we do things without thinking that's a sign that your doing well TAKE IT EASY MY FRIEND
LBKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:08 PM   #105
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!
 
bigmerle1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MD
Posts: 11,105

Sheryl- You're lucky I don't bring out the eyebrow, I am known in other parts of the Dis for that and it means you are in trouble.

Change in dinner tonight, the ground beef was frozen and I didn't feel like messing with it so I am making crab legs.

I am going to be very good tonight and get lots of stuff done. I am off to eat dinner then I am going to find something to dust and fold.

Bejeweled Blitz is offline tonight.
__________________
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
...
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Here's the postcard thread for returning/future cruisers - "Pay-it-forward!" - Part 2 lbgraves Disney Cruise Line Forum 598 07-20-2014 04:15 PM
8/15/09-Eastern-Tortola Treasure Seekers:Kids thread AL'N'STEVE Disney Cruise Meets 221 08-22-2009 06:47 PM
10/24/2009 Bash On the Boat (I'm with B.O.B.) - Thread #25 captchris Disney Cruise Meets 3758 08-07-2009 07:24 AM
Grand floridan cafe for dinner any good? kawing123 Disney Restaurants 20 08-02-2009 07:05 PM
The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP) TigerKat Community Board 3231 08-02-2009 12:39 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: