Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #751
liamsaunt
I was an irish girl with an afro
I am Doombah Dippinlips. I just don't know what to say about that
Agh! I'm a chip junkie!
Mashed potatoes were invented as a delivery vehicle

Vickie, I am sorry about your DH's job. I hope soemthing else turns up soon.

Gretchen, you are in my thoughts.

Glynis and Laura, ugh....I have a headache now just reading about the sick boys. I hope everyone is better soon and there are no barf-a-thons.

Sheryl, great news on the collar! Continue to take it easy though, don't overextend yourself.

I am forgetting some stuff...I have a mind like a sieve!
liamsaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #752
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeadPirate View Post
Lauren- We'll be there for F&WF. Looks like cruising the food booths on Saturday 10/17. Maybe one cocktail at BWI since we have dinner at Boma that night at 7:55. Depending on how that goes, I'm trying to get to Brenda's thing too. That might be a little ambitious though!

Just need the time and place to meet!
Can you do Bellevue Lounge at 6:00 on the 17th? You really need to try and do Brenda's bash too!!!!!!! We cannot be in WDW on the same day and not hook up!!!
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #753
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Jacob is feeling 100% better now. He slept most of the day, and woke up with no fever, and no headache! Hooray!!!

We are going to grill burgers tonight. Easy and yummy. We'll probably also grill some zucchini as our garden has overproduced that vegetable.

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #754
liamandcaili
DIS Veteran

Vickie -- I'm sorry about your husband's job.

Ann -- That is sweet of Luke to want to surprise your parents.

Glynis -- I'm glad Jacob is better! I hope Liam recovers as quickly. He did come down and eat dinner, so that is a good sign.

My pasta was good. It had tomatoes, corn, onion, garlic, bacon, sweet peppers and avocado in it.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #755
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

Tonight I'm making a new recipe so I'll let you know how it is. It is a taco melt that I am nanatizing since I don't have the right kind of biscuit dough and I don't want to go out in the rain.

Vickie Layoff's are crappy. Sorry to hear about the car issue. I hope everything turns out ok.

Kathy Hitting a police officer is not a good idea.

Laura Glynis I hope your boys get better fast.

It was Alex's first day today. He was poking around this morning and missed his bus. Good thing his dad was off today and could drive him
Old 08-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #756
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Jacob is feeling 100% better now. He slept most of the day, and woke up with no fever, and no headache! Hooray!!!

We are going to grill burgers tonight. Easy and yummy. We'll probably also grill some zucchini as our garden has overproduced that vegetable.
Im glad your boy is better.

Ann - The Boy thinks POP is POPtastic !!

Hey....thank you all for The Boy's birthday wishes.

He really did have a good one.

He wanted an Xbox.

We told him ok but that would be all he would get ( didnt quite work out like that but hey ho.. ) and no party this year.

Kids parties are so expensive.

Any ways, as my Na -Na used to say " God loves a tryer " so he asked last week if he could get his friends together for a wee kick about instead.

So after much phoning and running around I got 12 of them together at the local indoor pitches on Sunday.

They played football for an hour and a half,I took juice and chips and some candy and it cost me all in $20 !!

And goin by the laughs and fun they had and big hugs and kisses I got at bed time it was the best $20 I've ever spent !!

We had a small family party at home yesterday which was really nice.

I will post pic's on FB tomorrow.

The Boy also went back to school on Monday but I'll tell youse about that later because Im ready to hit the sack.

Nighty,night...xx

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/

Last edited by scotlass; 08-26-2009 at 06:01 PM.
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #757
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamandcaili View Post
Vickie -- I'm sorry about your husband's job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERSEY View Post

Vickie Layoff's are crappy. Sorry to hear about the car issue. I hope everything turns out ok.
Thanks lassies....

The reshuffle has been going on for the last 2 years and DH said that after the initial shock he felt as if a huge weight had been lifted.

He has at least 3 months notice So he has some time to look.

He is very good at his job,well respected and liked so we are hoping that he gets sorted out ok but times are tough over here.

Good news is the holiday is all paid for we are gonnae hit WDW big time !!

DH has steam to let off....

Now...really...bed !!

Nighty,night x

Old 08-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #758
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Glad to hear this!!

Quote:
He did come down and eat dinner, so that is a good sign.

My pasta was good. It had tomatoes, corn, onion, garlic, bacon, sweet peppers and avocado in it.
Glad to hear Liam was able to eat, that is definitely a good sign! Your pasta sounds delicious.

Quote:
Kathy Hitting a police officer is not a good idea.
I told DH the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlass View Post

Any ways, as my Na -Na used to say " God loves a tryer " so he asked last week if he could get his friends together for a wee kick about instead.

So after much phoning and running around I got 12 of them together at the local indoor pitches on Sunday.

They played football for an hour and a half,I took juice and chips and some candy and it cost me all in $20 !!

And goin by the laughs and fun they had and big hugs and kisses I got at bed time it was the best $20 I've ever spent !!
You're such a good Mom.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #759
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post

You're such a good Mom.
you say the nicest things...

Your Kyle story had me in tears....

Got to love The Boys.

Im really making up for lost time here,nearly filled a page on my own.

But its late and Im gettin sleepy....very sleepy...my eyes are gettin heavy...sleeeepy...sleeeepy....sleee oh, bloody heck Im wide awake !!

Last edited by scotlass; 08-26-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:04 PM   #760
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

The recipe got so here it is

Grands Taco melt

1 lb ground beef cooked and drained
1 pkg taco seasoning
2/3 c water
1 1/2 c salsa
1 can pillsbury grands biscuit
1 c shredded montrey jack cheese or mexican cheese blend
1 c sour cream

heat oven to 375
in medium saucepan cook taco seasoning, water and 1/2 c of salsa with the cooked browned ground beef until thickened.

press each biscuit into 6 inch rounds. fill each round with taco mixture and 1 tblsp of cheese. fold dough over and press to seal. place on greased cookie sheet.
bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden. Serve with remaining salsa and sour cream.

I didn't do the individual things. I put the ground meat mixture in a greased casserole dish topped with cheese and put flattened crescent roll dough over top and sprayed with pam. Maybe the pam was not needed but I thought it would help with the browning part.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #761
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
The recipe got so here it is

Grands Taco melt

1 lb ground beef cooked and drained
1 pkg taco seasoning
2/3 c water
1 1/2 c salsa
1 can pillsbury grands biscuit
1 c shredded montrey jack cheese or mexican cheese blend
1 c sour cream

heat oven to 375
in medium saucepan cook taco seasoning, water and 1/2 c of salsa with the cooked browned ground beef until thickened.

press each biscuit into 6 inch rounds. fill each round with taco mixture and 1 tblsp of cheese. fold dough over and press to seal. place on greased cookie sheet.
bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden. Serve with remaining salsa and sour cream.

I didn't do the individual things. I put the ground meat mixture in a greased casserole dish topped with cheese and put flattened crescent roll dough over top and sprayed with pam. Maybe the pam was not needed but I thought it would help with the browning part.
I like the way you nanatized this! Every time I try to do the "turnover" thing, it makes a huge mess as filling oozes everywhere! I think I'll try this sometime next week!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #762
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I like the way you nanatized this! Every time I try to do the "turnover" thing, it makes a huge mess as filling oozes everywhere! I think I'll try this sometime next week!
Boy do I hear you. I was just to tired to deal with the little devils. Besides this was just soo much easier. Turnovers sometime just don't turn over for me. Maybe if you do a calzone kind of thing that might work too.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #763
nucpharm29
The Exercise Goddess

Looks like our sickies are feeling a bit better this evening. PD that it continues!

Gretchen--lots of prayers coming your way!

Kathy--good luck to Kyle on his walk-on. I think I could root for a Tiger--that is except in football--especially the Friday after Thanksgiving

Vickie--OMG on the guy walking out in front of the car! Yikes! And lots of good thoughts coming over the pond for your DH and his search for a new job. Glad to hear the WDW trip is all paid for and you guys can enjoy the break!

Well, today was MUCH better than yesterday. Turns out the guy in front of me in carpool today ended up with a dead battery too. What luck. Luckily, DH was with us today and he helped the guy out. The guy kept apologizing to us, and I tried to tell him, that that was me yesterday. No worries. I also had a mom of one of the boys in Emma's class call today and we worked out some carpooling. I am so thankful not to have to drive back and forth everyday now!

Oh, and I'm really excited. I booked a Wine seminar at F&W this afternoon, Mot & Chandon, Champagne, France, Seth Box. Should be fun for me and my girlfriends to learn a little and taste a little!

Stephanie
nucpharm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #764
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quote:
He just came into my room a few minutes ago with a fever. I'm not sure what is going on with him. Yesterday he threw up in the farmer's market parking lot, but he said that was because he felt too hot and dehydrated. After a cool shower and some water, he was fine. Now he has a fever.
My DN ran a slight fever after getting dehydrated at WDW in June.

Quote:
Kathy -- I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling it is going to be a bad year for storms coming up the East Coast. The water is a lot warmer than usual. I'm glad Kyle had a good time, and I hope he makes the team.
I get the feeling we are all in for some rough weather this Fall and Winter after the weird Summer weather.

I thought I quoted more but I am so tired. I hate this week! Training last 7 to 8 hours a day but I end up having to work around 11 hours just trying to keep up with everything. I don't have to teach anything thankfully, I am responsible for getting breakfast and snacks, purchasing them and set up. I make up trays and try to make everything look nice. I am so tired that tomorrow I am throwing all the breakfast foods we have left on the table and telling everyone to have at it.

I also have to try and keep up with all of my office work so I don't have to work on the weekend. Luckily this year the voice mails and e-mails have been a lot less then usual.

Dinner tonight was spaghetti and meatballs.

For all the WFD peeps, for whatever you may be in need of....

POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:35 PM   #765
shovan
DIS Veteran

Evening Y'all,

Our aide is here now. I needed to make sure I got here tonight because DH will be working from home again tomorrow.

Quote:
I hit an old man with my car today !!

Well,when I say hit I mean nudged,he just walk out right in front but you know I saw it coming.I just knew he was going to do it so I had slowed right down.

Silly old bugger.

He was told last week after a company reshuffle his job is gone !!

...just watch out for silly old men !!
I will do my best to watch out for old men!

I'm so sorry to learn that your DH is going to be job hunting! Prayers being sent that he will find something right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeadPirate View Post
Lauren- We'll be there for F&WF. Looks like cruising the food booths on Saturday 10/17. Maybe one cocktail at BWI since we have dinner at Boma that night at 7:55. Depending on how that goes, I'm trying to get to Brenda's thing too. That might be a little ambitious though!

Just need the time and place to meet!
We will need to make sure we meet up, gotta make it 3 in a row. We booked a tequila tasting for 3:00 on Saturday, so hopefully we can meet up before or after!

Quote:
It must be a bad car day, DH almost hit a policeman on a motorcycle!

I'm so sorry about the job.

If you need a laugh, here's a link to the story.....

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=565
He did what?!

Quote:
Can you do Bellevue Lounge at 6:00 on the 17th? You really need to try and do Brenda's bash too!!!!!!! We cannot be in WDW on the same day and not hook up!!!
Kat, Tell me again, what time are y'all arriving on Sat? I'm sorry but my brain leaks!

Quote:
It was Alex's first day today. He was poking around this morning and missed his bus. Good thing his dad was off today and could drive him
Oh dear, I hope tomorrow goes smoother!

Quote:
Hey....thank you all for The Boy's birthday wishes.

He really did have a good one.
I'm glad that it all went well & the kids had fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucpharm29 View Post
Well, today was MUCH better than yesterday. Turns out the guy in front of me in carpool today ended up with a dead battery too. What luck. Luckily, DH was with us today and he helped the guy out. The guy kept apologizing to us, and I tried to tell him, that that was me yesterday. No worries. I also had a mom of one of the boys in Emma's class call today and we worked out some carpooling. I am so thankful not to have to drive back and forth everyday now!

Oh, and I'm really excited. I booked a Wine seminar at F&W this afternoon, Mot & Chandon, Champagne, France, Seth Box. Should be fun for me and my girlfriends to learn a little and taste a little!
Wow that is just crazy! Is something zapping the car batteries in the carpool line??

Bob & I love the seminars & the food demos! Well we loved them when they were free, we'll see how much we like them this year. We booked a bunch of stuff today too.

shovan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: