Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #31
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimeedyan View Post
Thanks for the tips! I didn't end up making it tonight, so I'll have to freeze my shrimp and make it later this week.

We had pancakes and bacon for dinner. I threw blueberries in mine, DH likes them plain He decided at 645pm to mow the lawn. So, by the time he finished it was after 8pm and I didn't want to mess with the grill so I went with easy!

Anyone heard from Lindsay in awhile? I wondered how her MIL is doing.
I'm not sure exactly how Lindsay's MIL is doing, but I know they are looking for a blood marrow donor for her. Lindsay's DH was all set to donate, but after testing they found out he's not a match. Otherwise, Lindsay's doing pretty well.

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #32
Glynis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
Bethany- I forgot about the Mocha Mondays! Marisa told me and I was planning to go one day.

We did not break the all time record for wet July's that was set in 1938. It was off by some minuscule amount but that measurement was taken at Bradley. If the measurement was up here over the mountain I believe it would have sent that record crashing. 3 inches here the other day.

We have a nice week forecast, I hope it happens. It is too late for a lot of our area farmers, the rain has ruined their crops. Tomatoes are not doing well, they are rotting on the vines. Potatoes have a nasty virus and that spread to other crops.

We had to have the insurance man come and give us permission to harrow our plants under. He is a corn guy in Mass, he told us that the corn is okay but that because of the market folks are picking it too young before the flavor is developed. He also said that there are four viruses going around that are attacking plants, ours included, and he thinks that they are all weather related.

Buddy harrowed our field under in Saturday. This is the second year we lose a crop. I never thought that I would see the day that I was grateful to put a plant out of it's misery but I reached that point. We visited farmers and they look like they are 110 years old this year. I don;t think that Buddy has really processed it yet, he was lost yesterday, this is when we are usually gearing up to take this crop in.
I'm so sorry, Nancy! I know this must be hard for Buddy, and for you, too!

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #33
Glynis

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKWMom View Post

Aimee, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE pancakes. With blueberries - well, even better. But that is one of the things I just cannot cook. I have yet to make a pancake that was edible. That is why IHOP is one of my guilty pleasures. Not that I can convince Kenny to go but once every couple of years.

Come spend Christmas with us! On Christmas Eve morning, we always go to IHOP for brunch. It's the one time that Alan will go, and the kids look forward to it all year long!

Old 08-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #34
Glynis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post

Sounds like the kids are having one exciting summer!

Oh, they are! I, however, am looking forward to the 20th of this month when they go back to school, and I can breathe again!

Old 08-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #35
LBKB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimeedyan View Post
Today is our anniversary so we're going to Texas de Brazil for dinner. Let's hope I can eat some of that meat!
Amy I hope you are feeling better and Happy Anniversary
LBKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #36
Glynis

Have I mentioned lately that Jacob is my favorite child??? Not really, but he is my checkbook's favorite! We went through all his clothes, and he has enough shirts to last him through this school year, enough socks, and he only needs one pair of pants. What a guy! Of course, it means he's not growing as fast as he probably should, but in this economy, I'll take it!

We're not so lucky with Katie. She needs EVERYTHING!!! She hit a major growth spurt, and all her shirts are too short and too tight. Same with the pants. It should be interesting to see how much it costs to outfit her for jr. high. I'm really hoping that she is done growing for a while. She's as tall as I am now, which is really freaking me out! Where did my baby go?

Dinner tonight will be a rotisserie chicken ragout. I got the recipe from a magazine I found at my dad's house last month. I hope it's good. It calls for yellow squash and zucchini, and since my garden is over producing both of those, it will be good to use some of it up. I'll let y'all know if it's any good!

By the way, how does everyone feel about TNFNS?? I'm thrilled!!!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #37
LBKB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Oh, they are! I, however, am looking forward to the 20th of this month when they go back to school, and I can breathe again!
O my Glynis your lucky her in MI we can't start back till after the holiday so we don't go back til Sept. 8. We don't get many days off during the year either.
LBKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #38
liamandcaili
DIS Veteran

Aimee -- Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your dinner.

Glynis -- Like Lauri, my kids don't go back until Sept 8. I think my kids are having a fun summer, but my house is suffering from it. At this point, I am just doing the basics and forgetting about everything else until school starts again. I'm glad you're lucking out with Jacob. It is rare for Liam's clothes to be in wearable condition by the end of a season.

Today I had the choice between cleaning and taking Caili to the beach. Guess what won?

I'm rethinking dinner. It is too nice for pasta...even pasta fresca.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #39
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKWMom View Post
Hailey does sort of the reverse of that. She is still at the stage where she doesn't want to quit what she is doing to go to the bathroom, so she when she makes a run for it, she is always mooning everyone on the way. We're working on that since it's sort of ok now, but I don't think it will be nearly as cute when she's 16.

My DN still has her moments. When we went to Ocean City for Memorial Day weekend they discovered she wasn't wearing any underwear under her dress when the stopped to go to the bathroom right as they got into OC. My sister has her wear that and a pair of shorts and my DN forgot to put them on.

I am changing dinner tonight, all this talk of pancakes makes me want them. I got really good chicken breakfast sausage patties at Costco and also have some bacon.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #40
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon everyone.

Kind of in a funk here today. Kind of got some unsettling news and I just can't shake the bad feeling. Oh well life goes on.

Prayers and good thoughts to you all.

WFDT ~ Meatball sub sandwiches, pasta salad, chips and watermelon.
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #41
tigger813
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

Trying to come up with something for dinner tonight. I got out chicken, bacon and ham and was going to make a Chicken Eugenie or cordon bleu but now may wait until tomorrow as I have to take DD1 to the doctors. Maybe we'll do pancakes and bacon instead and make something else tomorrow night.

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #42
Glynis

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
Good afternoon everyone.

Kind of in a funk here today. Kind of got some unsettling news and I just can't shake the bad feeling. Oh well life goes on.

Sorry about the funk. Anything we can do?

Your dinner sounds fabulous!

Old 08-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #43
Aimeedyan
Why get all excited about something as silly as a fake celebrity? Or getting a tag?
Jello is not meant to be chunky

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly how Lindsay's MIL is doing, but I know they are looking for a blood marrow donor for her. Lindsay's DH was all set to donate, but after testing they found out he's not a match. Otherwise, Lindsay's doing pretty well.
Thanks for the update. I'm sorry Scott is not a match

Quote:
By the way, how does everyone feel about TNFNS?? I'm thrilled!!!!!
I was I can't wait for the show to air!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
Good afternoon everyone.

Oh, I'm sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger813 View Post
Hi everyone,

Trying to come up with something for dinner tonight. I got out chicken, bacon and ham and was going to make a Chicken Eugenie or cordon bleu but now may wait until tomorrow as I have to take DD1 to the doctors. Maybe we'll do pancakes and bacon instead and make something else tomorrow night.
I am regretting not making extra pancakes just to have on hand while I was making them last night. I did make extra bacon but have to keep DH out of it - I'm trying a new potato salad recipe this week that calls for it. Yum!

Hey - notice my ticker?
1982 & 1990 ~ trips as a child ~1997 ~ Caribbean Beach ~ 2002 ~ Vacation Home ~ 2003 ~ Stayed with Family ~ 2004 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~2006 ~ Pop Century & Disney's Vero Beach ~ 2007 ~ Wilderness Lodge & Yacht Club ~ 2008 ~ Carnival Cruise & All Star Music ~ 2009 ~ All Star Sports & Downtown Hotel ~ 2009 ~ All Star Music, Comfort Inn & Boardwalk Villas
Aimeedyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #44
Glynis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger813 View Post
Hi everyone,

Hello, there! Are you new to the group? If so, then welcome! If not, then I'm sorry that I don't recognize your typeface.

What is chicken Eugenie??? Sounds intriguing!

Hope all is well at the doctor!

Old 08-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #45
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post

OK, who is the poll boy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post
I've wondered this also Lauren.
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
I thought Vicki said "pool boy".......

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovan View Post
I do think Vicki probably meant POOL BOY! but with our Dear Scottish friend & her slang who knows! Maybe we are really missing out on something!
should have read " Pool Boy "..........dont tell me youse forgot about Freddie !!

But Sheryl, I do like your thinking...oh sorry I thought you said pole !!

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/

Last edited by scotlass; 08-03-2009 at 04:21 PM.
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: