Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #151
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
Glynis, when did you start Timothy on cereal?

I am curious because DM thinks I should start Emma soon so she does better at night. I think it is to early. Just curious, anyone else who has opinions please share...thanks.
I didn't start him on cereal until he was 4 months old. That's what our doctor recommended, and that's what we've done with all our other children. Our pediatrician told us that they don't start pushing for babies to sleep through the night until they are at least 6 months old.

I think Lauren mentioned that she started T on a couple of teaspoons of cereal in his bottle at 2 months. Check with her on that, though.

When in doubt, check with your pediatrician!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #152
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Becky - Have a safe & fun trip!

Sheryl - I'm so happy you were able to swim, must have felt very good!
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2009, 06:05 PM   #153
shovan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ron is okay with it all, which I think surprised DSD (22). Part of growing up is making your own decisions, and dealing with the results. I just hope they are ready and doing it for the right reasons. Her fiance is enlisting in the Army, and they are planning on getting married by October before he would leave.
I hope it all works out for their son, but to date their relationship has been a rollercoaster. I don't mean to sound negative I just have my doubts that either one is ready to grow up so fast, and has an idea of what lies ahead.
I hope I expressed clearly how I am feeling.
You expressed that very well. I've found being the parent of an adult, sometimes as difficult as dealing with a young child. It's HARD to let them make those decisions, even though you know they need to themselves. I'm praying & wishing the best for both of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamandcaili View Post
Cute! Can you find out if any of Alexis's friends will be on the bus? Caili and Liam both love riding the bus because all their friends do. (We'll see how long that lasts...at some point, the bus is decidedly uncool.)

Nancy -- Wow, you have quite the wine production going! You'll have to start thinking about where to put your tasting room.

I think we are just having sandwiches for dinner tonight. By the time I get Liam from camp, we will only have 40 minutes before we need to get in the car again to go to his game. Thanks for all the good luck!
You had to put Caili on the bus for kindergarten! That would have been really hard for me.

Thanks Laura, I hadn't even thought of checkin to see if any of friends might be on the same bus!

Good Luck to Liam & the team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue26 View Post
Well I'm a little late but I found our new home, it's just as lovely as the last one. Can't believe you guys are already ten pages in. I have read all the way back, but I hope you are all doing well.

Sheryl- Sometimes forgetting the camera works out for the best, your so focused on getting a good picture you sometimes don't get to enjoy what you are there for. Hope your feeling better everyday.

Ann- I turned 20 about 2 weeks after I got married. We'll be going on ten years in February, and boy have we grown up alot. The two of us have never had any problems, I don't want to immply that. My sister in law is 20, and I see her and sometimes think were we like that. My long winded point is, sometimes things do work out. Glad you got some shopping in this morning.
Robin, WELCOME HOME!

You are right about the camera! When I'm taking pictures I end up feeling like I missed out on everything.

I'm not even going to admit how young I was when we got married.

Yes Ann, even when you're very young & really stupid things can work out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsaunt View Post
Nancy, we leave tomorrow. Maybe I'll see Maria on the beach!

Sheryl, I am glad that you were feeling well enough to swim. Swimming is some of the best exercise. Good for you and easy on the joints.

I'll talk to you all again when I am back on Wednesday. Have a nice weekend, ladies!
Thanks Becky, it did feel good! Have a wonderful time at the beach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Becky - Have a safe & fun trip!

Sheryl - I'm so happy you were able to swim, must have felt very good!
Thanks girlfriend! Are you feeling better today? Still no chance of meeting us for lunch tomorrow??

I forgot to mention dinner. We went nearby for dinner last night. We're having leftovers, lamb & beef kabobs that we hardly touched due to the baba ganoush apptz. DH ordered.

shovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #154
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovan View Post
Well now I don't know whether or not to remind you to put the shade up this evening or not! I'm looking forward to tomorrow's lunch!

Yep, you've got it down!
Oh, the sun shade is still on the car from yesterday, which is good because the weather was SO NICE today! A bit warm, but beautiful!

That didn't take long, did it....

Quote:
Bethany- I love what you said about our group, how it's dinner table conversation. I hope you know what I'm talking about but I really need to learn how to use the quote button. I think you summed it up perfectly.
Thanks....yes I know what you are talking about.

Hopefully this is clear:
To quote 1 post: hit the "quote" button on the bottom right of the post you want to quote. It will take you to the typical reply box, except that the text of the post you are quoting is already in the reply box. Make sure you keep the post information at the beginning and end that is in the [ ] part. You can delete information from the post that you aren't referring to (like I did with your post) as long as you keep the bracketed stuff.

To quote multiple posts: hit the "+" button on the bottom right of each post that you want to quote. The button will change color and turn to a "-". (If you change your mind about quoting it, hit that "-" button.) When you have the posts you want (side note: they will be in the reply box in order that you clicked on them), you need to hit the reply tab as you normally do. All the posts you have clicked + for will be in the text reply box. Again, you can remove sections you don't want to refer to from the quoted posts, just make sure you keep the post information inside the [ ]. To type your reply between quoted posts, just type between the "[/QUOTE]" that signifies the end of the first post and the "[QUOTE=posters name; post id number]" of the next post.

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Where'sPiglet? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:20 PM   #155
TigerKat

Robin - I'm so sorry, I totally missed your post, Welcome home my friend!

Sheryl - I'm feeling much better, thanks for asking! Unfortunately since I had to take off work yesterday, there's no way I can get out early tomorrow, but y'all have fun!!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #156
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Hey...not had the chance to catch up.

Really need to hit my bed,Im exhausted.

DH and I are off work this week and are making the most of the time with the boy.

My sister has helped me out child care wise this summer hols so we are paying back this week....and 3 bairns is hard work !!

Swimming monday,indoor crazy fun hoose thingy yesterday and today Local farm/fun park.

We have loved every minute but at the end of each day my bed has never looked soooo goood !!!

Not sure what tomorrow holds.

Hope youse are all well and hugs ower the water to those in need.

P.S My Footie team had an awesome result tonight too....GOOD TIMES !!

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #157
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

Kathy Sorry I missed that you were not feeling well.

Nancy I am going to make the frebreeze stuff. I use that stuff all the time.

Robin Glad you are back. We missed you.

Becky Have a great trip

Tonight is grilled smoked sausage and fruit. I am going to take a long hot shower. Dragging carpet out to the garbage is icky even if it was mine.

Sorry if I am missing anyone I need to clean up around here it looks awful.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #158
shovan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where'sPiglet? View Post
Oh, the sun shade is still on the car from yesterday, which is good because the weather was SO NICE today! A bit warm, but beautiful!

That didn't take long, did it....
Good! I'll see you tomorrow!

Quote:
Sheryl - I'm feeling much better, thanks for asking! Unfortunately since I had to take off work yesterday, there's no way I can get out early tomorrow, but y'all have fun!!!!!
I'm still sad you can't make it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlass View Post
Hey...not had the chance to catch up.

Really need to hit my bed,Im exhausted.

DH and I are off work this week and are making the most of the time with the boy.

My sister has helped me out child care wise this summer hols so we are paying back this week....and 3 bairns is hard work !!

Swimming monday,indoor crazy fun hoose thingy yesterday and today Local farm/fun park.

We have loved every minute but at the end of each day my bed has never looked soooo goood !!!

Not sure what tomorrow holds.

Hope youse are all well and hugs ower the water to those in need.

P.S My Footie team had an awesome result tonight too....GOOD TIMES !!
Hang in there girl! Don't let those bairns wear you down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERSEY View Post
Tonight is grilled smoked sausage and fruit. I am going to take a long hot shower. Dragging carpet out to the garbage is icky even if it was mine.

Sorry if I am missing anyone I need to clean up around here it looks awful.
Take your shower & have a nice glass of wine. You deserve it!

shovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #159
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Yummy was my cheeseburger good. Might add a little bread crumbs next time, the hot sauce and cheese kind of seeped out during cooking. I let it sit on a papertowel before I put it on the bun and it firmed up and wasn't too "juicy".

Had it with some sauted zucchini. I swear I have eaten that two or three times a week this entire summer and my DM just bought some really big ones from a local market today.

Tomorrow night I am going to make a chicken stew with lots of differant veggies.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #160
OKWMom
DIS Veteran

I'll try to read back and catch up later but I wanted to post that recipe Kat wanted.

Kat This is Kenny's absolute favorite of the make ahead french toasts. It is a little more labor intensive, especially the syrup, but it is well worth it.

Baked Blueberry French Toast
1 (12 oz) loaf of bread, crust removed, cut in cubes
1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese, cubed
1 pint blueberries, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon sugar
4 eggs
2 cups milk
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, sifted

Place half of bread in prepared 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Top with cream cheese. Place blueberries over cream cheese. Sprinkle sugar on top of blueberries. Top with remaining bread cubes.

Combine eggs, milk and cinnamon in small bowl, mixing well. Pour over bread. Cover and let sit overnight in refrigerator.

Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until puffed and set. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve with Blueberry Syrup.

Blueberry Syrup
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup water
2 cups blueberries, washed and drained
2 tablespoons butter

Heat sugar, cornstarch and water in small saucepan over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Cook 5 minutes or until thickened.

Stir in blueberries gently, simmering 10 minutes or until berries have burse. Add butter, stirring gently.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #161
TigerKat

Gretchen - Thanks so much, sounds amazing!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #162
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post

Stephanie - I always thought I'd be a crier when my kids left me for school, but it never happened. They were always so excited, and happy to be going, and I was always happy to have them happy. When the twins left, and I had the house to myself, I threw myself a party! I soaked in a bubble bath for hours without anyone asking "Mom, whatcha doin?" It was lovely! If you do cry, that's ok, there will be other mom's crying as well. If you don't cry, that's ok too!
I got over the crying thing really fast! I used to go out to breakfast on the first day of school after that first year Everywhere was mobbed! I guess I was not the only one celebrating the First day Of School!

Quote:
Glynis, when did you start Timothy on cereal?

I am curious because DM thinks I should start Emma soon so she does better at night. I think it is to early. Just curious, anyone else who has opinions please share...thanks.
I would ask the Dr. We used to give cereal early and thought that it helped babies sleep through the night. It is now frowned upon to give it too early, their little tummies do not digest it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsaunt View Post
Nancy, we leave tomorrow. Maybe I'll see Maria on the beach!

Have a great time! Safe Travels!

Quote:

I am glad that you are feeling better. Vertigo is no joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERSEY View Post

Nancy I am going to make the frebreeze stuff. I use that stuff all the time.
I can look up the other "recipes" and then you pick which one you like. Get some rest!

Quote:
Take your shower & have a nice glass of wine. You deserve it!
Sheryl- I am glad that you enjoyed Alexis recital. I have to tell you I think that child is born for the stage! Did she enjoy camp?

Gretchen- How is Miss Hailey today?

Dinner was good. I made Buddy pasta with butter, garlic and EVOO as his starch. He also had a big salad and steak. My one pot toss in all that stuff so it would be ready when I got home was really tasty! I sent some home wioth my neighbor to have for lunch tomorrow. She came with me to Marisa's for our weight management meeting and wants to try Simply Filling.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #163
Aimeedyan
Why get all excited about something as silly as a fake celebrity? Or getting a tag?
Jello is not meant to be chunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmerle1966 View Post
Making a Blue Cheese and bacon burger for dinner tonight. I saw these BC burgers at Wegmans, they just mixed the cheese in to the meat, so I am going to do the same. I may even add a little hot sauce to the meat to give it some kick. Then I'll fry up a little bacon to top them off and have it on some sort of roll, have to go to the store as I have no bread in the house.
When I make a blue cheese or other soft cheese burger, I stuff the burger with it. When it melts inside, it's like an incredible pocket of yummy goodness. Man, now I'm craving a bacon and blue cheese burger - thanks a lot!

Good news!!! Thanks to our very own Janice, we are not going to stay at the Dolphin but instead stay in a Boardwalk villa!!!!!
1982 & 1990 ~ trips as a child ~1997 ~ Caribbean Beach ~ 2002 ~ Vacation Home ~ 2003 ~ Stayed with Family ~ 2004 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~2006 ~ Pop Century & Disney's Vero Beach ~ 2007 ~ Wilderness Lodge & Yacht Club ~ 2008 ~ Carnival Cruise & All Star Music ~ 2009 ~ All Star Sports & Downtown Hotel ~ 2009 ~ All Star Music, Comfort Inn & Boardwalk Villas
Aimeedyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #164
TigerKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimeedyan View Post
Good news!!! Thanks to our very own Janice, we are not going to stay at the Dolphin but instead stay in a Boardwalk villa!!!!!
WooHoo!!!! I've always wanted to stay in a villa at BW or BC!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:32 PM   #165
liamandcaili
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's hot and sticky here so were having antipasto pasta salad for dinner.
That sounds so good. Do you have a recipe?

Quote:
He has not been a very responsible dad to date, hopefully now he will help financially support his son which hasn't happened to date.
They do go through a lot of training, which emphasizes the importance of family. Unfortunately, they also tell the soldiers that their spouses are likely cheating on them while they are away. I found this a completely repulsive tactic.

Quote:
Y I wish I had a better handle on the meal thing but sadly I don't.
I didn't mean to make you feel guilty. I just was wondering if you had meals planned before he moved.

Quote:
Good Luck to Liam & the team!
Thanks, but he'll need it tomorrow. We drove all the way to the game, and after one inning thunderstorms rolled in, so it was canceled. We have to go back tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimeedyan View Post
Awesome!

Dinner ended up being pasta fresca. I will have to come up with something quick tomorrow now too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: