Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 12:16 AM   #1
ppony
Artist in residence
 
ppony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 5,098

Palo confusion while booking online

SO.... I was booking my Palo ressies tonight. We're at the 105 day window. When I went to do my first reservation for brunch and then for dinner, it only gave me one choice of time on one day. That's it. No varying choices on varying days. A: it's not possible that they were booked for the entire cruise yet. And B: when I went to see what would happen if I tried to book a second dinner (which I know is a no-no I just wanted to see what would happen), THEN it gave me all sorts of options, all times on ALL days to choose from if I wanted to trade my reservation for one of them. HUH!??!?! Can someone essplain that one to me Lucy? I don't understand why all the options weren't available to me initially.

But I'm HAPPY to have my Palo, nursery, excursion and spa stuff done and hammered out! WHEW!
__________________
ME-Stephanie (44) Brian (DH 49) , Nicholas (DS14), Daniel (DS6)
~1994, 1997, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2009 DCL, 2010(1st DVC), 2012 (twice), Sept & Dec. 2014 DCL&WDW, 2016 first DL trip, 2018 Flower & Garden Fest. trip



ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:15 AM   #2
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,122

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppony View Post
SO.... I was booking my Palo ressies tonight. We're at the 105 day window. When I went to do my first reservation for brunch and then for dinner, it only gave me one choice of time on one day. That's it. No varying choices on varying days. A: it's not possible that they were booked for the entire cruise yet. And B: when I went to see what would happen if I tried to book a second dinner (which I know is a no-no I just wanted to see what would happen), THEN it gave me all sorts of options, all times on ALL days to choose from if I wanted to trade my reservation for one of them. HUH!??!?! Can someone essplain that one to me Lucy? I don't understand why all the options weren't available to me initially.

But I'm HAPPY to have my Palo, nursery, excursion and spa stuff done and hammered out! WHEW!
Firstly congrats on finally getting what you want, it could have been so many thnigs, people cano only speculate what occured last night, from A system glitch on the new site, you being fast in, the system didnt update a quickly as it could etc etc etc.
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-02-2009, 01:23 AM   #3
ppony
Artist in residence
 
ppony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 5,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew DEREK UK View Post
Firstly congrats on finally getting what you want, it could have been so many thnigs, people cano only speculate what occured last night, from A system glitch on the new site, you being fast in, the system didnt update a quickly as it could etc etc etc.
Thanks Andrew Derek. One good thing I think came from it, I was TOTALLY unsure of what days to do the brunch and dinner. So when it gave me one choice on each, well, that took care of that. I'm going to chalk it up to devine intervention and leave it at that.
__________________
ME-Stephanie (44) Brian (DH 49) , Nicholas (DS14), Daniel (DS6)
~1994, 1997, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2009 DCL, 2010(1st DVC), 2012 (twice), Sept & Dec. 2014 DCL&WDW, 2016 first DL trip, 2018 Flower & Garden Fest. trip



ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:26 AM   #4
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,122

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppony View Post
Thanks Andrew Derek. One good thing I think came from it, I was TOTALLY unsure of what days to do the brunch and dinner. So when it gave me one choice on each, well, that took care of that. I'm going to chalk it up to devine intervention and leave it at that.
Yes someone is directing you but if you are booking at 105 days you should have the ablity to consider thoose days and maybe change these before the 90 day mark, I checked during thoose 15 days and I could have taken any slot

Anyway go to bed!!!!
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:35 AM   #5
ppony
Artist in residence
 
ppony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 5,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew DEREK UK View Post
Yes someone is directing you but if you are booking at 105 days you should have the ablity to consider thoose days and maybe change these before the 90 day mark, I checked during thoose 15 days and I could have taken any slot

Anyway go to bed!!!!
Me? BED? NAH! My UK friends always tell me that. I'm always up painting my ponies when they get up. The artist in me doesn't actually ramp up until night time, doesn't work well when you have children I'll tell ya! No matter how often I try to work in the mroning or afternopon, I find all I can do is meanial work and not actually paint untill it gets dark. I have no clue why.
And good point! I can probably adjust ressies and such if I feel I need to. I'll be sending off a note to the concierge tomorrow just to have done it. you know how it is, we wait so long that when our window opens, we pounce.

Can't wait to hear how your trip goes!!!!

But you're right, I should get to bed.... soon....eventually.... 1:30AM right now
__________________
ME-Stephanie (44) Brian (DH 49) , Nicholas (DS14), Daniel (DS6)
~1994, 1997, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2009 DCL, 2010(1st DVC), 2012 (twice), Sept & Dec. 2014 DCL&WDW, 2016 first DL trip, 2018 Flower & Garden Fest. trip



ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:14 AM   #6
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,122

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppony View Post
Me? BED? NAH! My UK friends always tell me that. I'm always up painting my ponies when they get up. The artist in me doesn't actually ramp up until night time, doesn't work well when you have children I'll tell ya! No matter how often I try to work in the mroning or afternopon, I find all I can do is meanial work and not actually paint untill it gets dark. I have no clue why.
And good point! I can probably adjust ressies and such if I feel I need to. I'll be sending off a note to the concierge tomorrow just to have done it. you know how it is, we wait so long that when our window opens, we pounce.

Can't wait to hear how your trip goes!!!!

But you're right, I should get to bed.... soon....eventually.... 1:30AM right now
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
11/28/09-WOOHOO! Just booked, who else is with us? momof2minnies Disney Cruise Meets 36 11-01-2009 06:52 PM
when to book flights..? scojos UK Trip Planning Forum 9 08-02-2009 01:43 PM
WDW Revenue down, yet resorts booked up? DisneyChristmas Disney Resorts 8 08-02-2009 08:15 AM
Read info; still confused and overwhelmed! tiggerb Creative DISigns 1 08-02-2009 05:51 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.