Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #91
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Give a Day, Get a Disney Day

I have been thinking that I really want to do this to help lower our cost of our AP when we get one in October. So many questions run through my mind. Will there still be any tickets left in October, should I buy an AP voucher through DVC services when I get my voucher for my ticket.

Oh....wait I still have to sign up and volunteer.

So I went to the site a few weeks ago, scanning through the tons of things to do in the Chicago area and I was interested in quite a few things. I signed Jason and I up for a good dozen at least and three wrote me back. One was working a full 8 hours at an elderly home serving food and making food in the caf. Two was walking dogs. And three was volunteering for May Days...I guess taking money from cars that want a flower or something. Well, I decided that I/we would really like to walk the dogs. So I wrote her back and she tells me that the shelter will be closed the whole month of March, and that they are no longer participating in the program?

This confused me so much. With all the talk of Disney running out of tickets, I thought at the time that Disney had discontinued the program already at the beginning of March! Turns out the dog shelter is just not participating anymore...phew! So the May Day people wrote me an email back and said they had a 5K run close to our apartment on a Saturday in April that they need help with. I wrote her back and said that Jason and I can help anywhere we are needed. That was Monday and now it is Friday...I hope this comes through! I feel like I need to find something fast!

Have any of you signed up and did your service yet?
A.Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #92
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Rawr! and Yay!

After going back and forth with the volunteer group for my Give a Day, Get a Day and finally figuring everything out...the day it closes is the day they finally tell me what to do to sign up! Oh well, at least I have been saving a ton of money on groceries now that I am super couponing! This will make up the $150 that I will be losing out for not being able to participate in the Disney Give a Day, Get a Day.

On other news...we have decided to book at OKW for sure for our trip in October for my cousins wedding. We are at 7 months out on Monday! Wish us luck!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #93
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Good luck with OKW on Monday...my guess is you should be good. So you, Jaime, and us will now all be at WDW at the same time? Today would have been my seven months out date!

And I noticed your signature - WOW - you're almost competely done! Congratulations!!!!

Care to share any secrets of your super couponing?

DH and I were trying to find something to sign up with and then they announced the end of the promotion. I'm guessing Disney still had a good idea as they planted a seed and we still want to volunteer, but now may do so with an organization they were not involved with, or made it difficult to do so and get the ticket (such as Gilda's Club) during the promotion.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #94
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I wanted to do the Give a Day Get a Day, but it just never happened. I didn't realize the program already closed. Wow, that went quick! But, that's good, means a lot of people are volunteering.

That deal at Jewel sounds AWESOME! $0.89 shampoo/conditioner and then they give you $2 back?! Ya, I would have Suave coming out of my EARS. Our stores aren't as generous with the programs unfortunately.

Your debt ticker is looking REALLY good!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #95
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Good luck with OKW on Monday...my guess is you should be good. So you, Jaime, and us will now all be at WDW at the same time? Today would have been my seven months out date!

And I noticed your signature - WOW - you're almost competely done! Congratulations!!!!

Care to share any secrets of your super couponing?

DH and I were trying to find something to sign up with and then they announced the end of the promotion. I'm guessing Disney still had a good idea as they planted a seed and we still want to volunteer, but now may do so with an organization they were not involved with, or made it difficult to do so and get the ticket (such as Gilda's Club) during the promotion.
Wow, cool! Where are you staying and what are your dates in October?

My secrets are:
and my fave for Chicagoan's is http://www.jillcataldo.com/
she matches up store ads and coupons in the chicagoland area to get the most bang for your buck!
Duncan's Deals, MashupMom, and Bargain is the New Black. They are all local! If you need anymore help I will be happy to help you!

I have been posting alot on my FB page about my deals too. Friend Me! Shanan Westover Osinski

That is so awesome that Disney planted a seed and you are still volunteering! I really would love to go volunteer too! Just must stop couponing for a second...I really gotta finish my TR too, before it gets closed again...if it hasn't yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I wanted to do the Give a Day Get a Day, but it just never happened. I didn't realize the program already closed. Wow, that went quick! But, that's good, means a lot of people are volunteering.

That deal at Jewel sounds AWESOME! $0.89 shampoo/conditioner and then they give you $2 back?! Ya, I would have Suave coming out of my EARS. Our stores aren't as generous with the programs unfortunately.

Your debt ticker is looking REALLY good!
I know! It went really quick . I was surprised when the ended it so soon, after having the big shin dig with Joe Jonas and Demi Levato.

Yes the deal at Jewel is awesome...unfortunately, they are on to us shoppers and Ragu and Suave are no longer moneymakers...it was fun while it lasted. I didn't get too much of it.

Made progress on my TR got all the Donald Duck pictures done and photoshopped tonight! I hope to get the TR finally finished this week! Will post here when complete, I have a goal!!

Last edited by A.Mickey; 03-16-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #96
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Booked for October!!

We are booked October 15th-22nd at OKW!

This trip will just be Jason, Aaron and I. Our first trip just the three of us. Nana is staying home.

Where are we going to EAT!?!?!

We are renting a car this trip too, since my cousin will be getting married in Tampa. Gotta start looking for deals and have to find a good hotel in Tampa for the night of the 22nd and 23rd. Wonder if we should fly into Tampa or Orlando? I guess that could wait as we now Southwest and we can't book any October flights for another 2 months.

As far as my debt goes I am almost done with the CC's! Okay..well not exactly...My discovercard is almost done...and that is the one that has the interest...after my discover..I just have about 2,500 on a card that is at 5% interest until paid off....my DVC loan on the otherhand is at 14% sooo I think I will be paying off my DVC after Discovercard is done!

Also good news...I just got a credit line increase on my discover...and a balance transfer offer on another credit card, haven't looked into the details of the offer yet..but if it is good, maybe I could just transfer over my DVC loan to my credit card? Would this be smart?
Old 03-19-2010, 06:41 PM   #97
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Thanks Shanan...I've just started checking out those sites and they are amazing. Never knew about half the promotions. I may need some of your help.

We are staying at BCV the first couple of nights and then moving over to AKV for the rest of the trip. We are also trying to decide where to eat. All I know is we'd like to hang at the BC/BW area the first couple of days.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
Old 03-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #98
aaronmckie
actual name: Jason
Don't judge me by tonight

Well it's not a place I want to take Aaron but I really want to try blue zoo sometime. 'Ohana is a good choice to repeat, Biergarten and Sci-Fi Drive in (for lunch) as well, and I'd love to do Trail's End Buffet again too.
As far as new restaurants to try... maybe Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose to finish off all the ones at DHS?
Old 03-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #99
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Thanks Shanan...I've just started checking out those sites and they are amazing. Never knew about half the promotions. I may need some of your help.

We are staying at BCV the first couple of nights and then moving over to AKV for the rest of the trip. We are also trying to decide where to eat. All I know is we'd like to hang at the BC/BW area the first couple of days.
I know, isn't it awesome! I have saved over $1000 dollars this month from coupons and sales! Sure thing, any help you need, I am here!!

What a great time to stay at BCV! I love me some Food and Wine Festival!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmckie View Post
Well it's not a place I want to take Aaron but I really want to try blue zoo sometime. 'Ohana is a good choice to repeat, Biergarten and Sci-Fi Drive in (for lunch) as well, and I'd love to do Trail's End Buffet again too.
As far as new restaurants to try... maybe Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose to finish off all the ones at DHS?
I would love to go to all of those!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #100
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

So I think our October trip I am going to start typing details in this color for the color of leaves/fall
And our December trip I will start typing in blue for the ocean!

We bought our plane tickets for our flight for October! Still have to look into renting a car, and what hotel to stay at in Treasure Island, FL for my cousins wedding.

As far as the money front goes, I am jumping the gun a week early with my ticker, because next week I will be paying $1000 to my Discovercard! Then I will have one more large payment and I will be done with that card. Then it will be time to tackle our DVC loan!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #101
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post
As far as the money front goes, I am jumping the gun a week early with my ticker, because next week I will be paying $1000 to my Discovercard! Then I will have one more large payment and I will be done with that card. Then it will be time to tackle our DVC loan!
WOW - that's fantastic! Congratulations.

I know people have said not to finance DVC (which we did), but it's already paid off in what we would have spent just these past couple years and this one. As a bonus, without a car payment for DH, we've been putting a little extra towards it and have already knocked another year off the loan. You'll love watching how quickly it can come down.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:16 AM   #102
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

ADR's for October!

So we decided on what restaurants to try! We are only repeating one....I decided to do Garden Grill instead of Akerhaus this trip because I think Nana would like to see the Princesses in December and we are going to Chef Mickey's in December too.

So here are the finalists.....

Garden Grill
Cape May
Olivia's Cafe
1900 Park Fair
Kona
Mama Melrose's
and Casey's

So that would be 6 new restaurants if we try all of them!

Made our ADR's tonight, still have to think about Cape May and where I want to put it, and if we want to go for breakfast or dinner...any suggestions?

Every night at 9pm Illuminations! Spectro 1 hour before Wishes on days Wishes is.

15- AK open til 8 pm Wishes 10 pm
16- HS open at 8 am Wishes 10 pm Kona 5:05 pm
17- AK open at 8 am Garden Grille 7 pm
18- Wishes 9 pm Mama Melrose...change to the 21st? Fantasmic 7:30 pm HS open til 10:30 pm
19- Epcot open at 8 am Halloween Party Casey's
20- Epcot open til Midnight Wishes 9 pm Olivia's at 2:05 pm- Epcot Open late
21- MK open at 8am Fantasmic 7:30 pm 1900 Park Fare 7:20 pm
22- AK open til 8pm leave for Tampa

I already see that maybe I should switch Mama Melrose and 1900 Park Fare.

Last edited by A.Mickey; 04-21-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:05 AM   #103
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

SURPRISE! We just got back from Disney World!! Here is a link to our Trip Report!
SURPRISE! We are at Disney World getting Muddy!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:53 PM   #104
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

ADR's for December!

ADR's to book for our December trip are fast approaching, less than one month to go! And here is Nana's Wish List!

50's Prime Time Cafe
Boma (of course)
Cape May Cafe
Captain's Grill

Chef Mickey's
(of course! Maybe twice?!!)
Coral Reef
Spirit of Aloha
Donald's Safari Breakfast
Fantasmic Dining Package

Garden Grill
Kona Cafe
Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Ohana
Ohana - Breakfast
Crystal Palace
Tokyo Dining???

Last edited by A.Mickey; 05-17-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #105
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Bad news! Aaron's favorite ride....it's a small world will be down for refurbishment until 10/22. That is the day we leave for Tampa! I really hope it comes out of refurb early. This is going to be hard to explain to a 3 and 1/2 year old why he can't go on his favorite ride. He went on it 19 times his last trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: