Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2010, 11:02 PM   #76
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by natale1980 View Post
doesn't the cruise start on the 12th?

-nat
Yeppers...I edited my post...I still wasn't done...Aaron and Nana are staying in AKV while we are on the cruise. We will be staying at Kidani on the night of the 16th. At least we get a night there.
A.Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #77
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

you are booked!!!

I think if you are in a Studio, Jambo is easiest with a little one. You can't really cook much in the Studios and there is the Mara right on site...that is one thing that I don't like about Kidani, no CS! We cooked in our room a lot this last trip and had a TON of food, so it wasn't a problem, but something definitely for Nana to plan about when staying at Kidani.

Of course if you end up elsewhere at 7 months, it might be irrelevant!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #78
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
you are booked!!!

I think if you are in a Studio, Jambo is easiest with a little one. You can't really cook much in the Studios and there is the Mara right on site...that is one thing that I don't like about Kidani, no CS! We cooked in our room a lot this last trip and had a TON of food, so it wasn't a problem, but something definitely for Nana to plan about when staying at Kidani.

Of course if you end up elsewhere at 7 months, it might be irrelevant!
Yay!

Hmmmmm...I think maybe we should reverse our stays then if we decide to stay at AKV the whole time. That way Nana will be closer to CS for Aaron while we are on the cruise. Are the buses closer to Jambo too?

The zero entry pool is at Kidani though, right? I really wanna go to that pool with Aaron!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:41 PM   #79
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Just e-filed tonight! Once we get our refund back I will have $2000 left to pay on the Discover. Wish our refund would be a tad bit more, but better than nothing!
Old 02-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #80
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post
Yay!

Hmmmmm...I think maybe we should reverse our stays then if we decide to stay at AKV the whole time. That way Nana will be closer to CS for Aaron while we are on the cruise. Are the buses closer to Jambo too?

The zero entry pool is at Kidani though, right? I really wanna go to that pool with Aaron!
It really depends on where you end up at Kidani as to how far the buses are. We were really close, so the walk was very short - and when we went over to Jambo, it seemed like the walk was forever up to the lobby. Both have looooooooong hallways, so if you want Nana close to the lobby for a shorter walk to the buses, make sure to note it on your ressie. We told them it was a medical need-which it was-for my FIL. We got an EXCELLENT spot at Kidani.

The zero entry is at Jambo, the only zero entry at Kidani is the wee little kiddy pool.

Quote:
Just e-filed tonight! Once we get our refund back I will have $2000 left to pay on the Discover. Wish our refund would be a tad bit more, but better than nothing!
That is AWESOME! We are getting really close to having ours done too.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #81
natale1980
"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"... Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

68.8% PAID OFF!!!

Did you get your refund back yet? Or are you at 68.8% before even getting your refund??? Your amazing! Keep up the great work!

-nat
Old 02-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #82
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
It really depends on where you end up at Kidani as to how far the buses are. We were really close, so the walk was very short - and when we went over to Jambo, it seemed like the walk was forever up to the lobby. Both have looooooooong hallways, so if you want Nana close to the lobby for a shorter walk to the buses, make sure to note it on your ressie. We told them it was a medical need-which it was-for my FIL. We got an EXCELLENT spot at Kidani.

The zero entry is at Jambo, the only zero entry at Kidani is the wee little kiddy pool.
Hmmm....I am going to have to think about staying at Jambo then when we are there for sure! I want a zero entry pool! And yeah I should note on the ressie close to lobby! Thanks for the tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natale1980 View Post
68.8% PAID OFF!!!

Did you get your refund back yet? Or are you at 68.8% before even getting your refund??? Your amazing! Keep up the great work!

-nat
Well, I jumped the gun and subtracted the money I will be getting back from the refund, since it is going straight to credit cards! Should be getting it any day now! I am getting anxious! Thanks!!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #83
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Blogs and Vlogs!

As some of you might be aware, well the two of you that are reading! I started writing my best price list a few months ago, after reading Brook's blog. Brook's blog inspired me to compare MN prices with that in IL, so by looking at what she considers good deals, I figured what my good deals are and I just started becoming more and more aware of the lowest price I see something for and jot it in my growing list!
Brook's Blog (I hope you don't mind that I am doing this, but because of you, you opened up a whole world of savings for me and I am indebted to you!
http://savingmynickels.blogspot.com/

Brook's Blog lead me to other blog sites, I don't even remember how now...but a few weeks ago I discovered Duncan's Deals, she basically does what Brook does, but she does it for the Chicagoland area.
http://www.duncansdeals.net/

A few other ones that I have stumbled across that I really enjoy!

Savings Addiction
www.savingsaddiction.com I really like these guys, even though they do some Michigan groceries too. These guys do a weekly video of how they donate $5 of goods to local charities and they try to get the most bang for their buck!

www.hip2save.com this girl is amazing!!! I <3 it!! She makes really cute videos too! She makes me crack up!

and my fave for Chicagoan's is http://www.jillcataldo.com/
she matches up store ads and coupons in the chicagoland area to get the most bang for your buck! I went to Jewel today and got 2 packages of cheddar crackers for Aaron for free!! From her blog....ontinuing from previous weeks, if you're a fan of Jewel's Wild Harvest line of organics, here's your chance to take some home FREE! Numerous Wild Harvest snacks are on clearance for $1 at many stores (look for herbed saltines, "Endangered Species" kids' crackers [cheddar shapes, like Goldfish] and a few others. Print this $1 off any Wild Harvest coupon (you can print 2!) and these will be FREE!

Saving money is an obsession....but I think I am getting a wee too many razors and shower gel this week

I hope I can help someone else out with sharing these blogs! This is my 1st real month of couponing hardcore and I cannot put anything else in our freezer or cabinets!! We are stocked up!!! I am only buying things now if I can get them for under a $1 or free or those lovely things called moneymakers!!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #84
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

love it! And no, I don't mind a bit of you sharing my blog! I'm so glad I was an inspiration to help you get started, that is my goal!!

And ROCK ON about finding ones for your area. There are NONE that do our area....except me! (at least that I know of...) A couple in Minneapolis, but their stores are different than ours-even different prices.

It does become an obsession... a couple weeks ago I had ZERO coupons with me due to life craziness I hadn't done the match-ups or prepare, and we had to get some basics for the house, I cringed at the total! Ick. I went straight home and got my act together with my coupons!

Look at your rockin' pay off. Makes it worth the extra work, doesn't it? Pretty soon you'll be able to say "I'M DEBT FREE!" it feels sooooo good.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:57 PM   #85
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
love it! And no, I don't mind a bit of you sharing my blog! I'm so glad I was an inspiration to help you get started, that is my goal!!

And ROCK ON about finding ones for your area. There are NONE that do our area....except me! (at least that I know of...) A couple in Minneapolis, but their stores are different than ours-even different prices.

It does become an obsession... a couple weeks ago I had ZERO coupons with me due to life craziness I hadn't done the match-ups or prepare, and we had to get some basics for the house, I cringed at the total! Ick. I went straight home and got my act together with my coupons!

Look at your rockin' pay off. Makes it worth the extra work, doesn't it? Pretty soon you'll be able to say "I'M DEBT FREE!" it feels sooooo good.
You definitely were my inspiration! I am so glad I discovered this world of getting things for free!!

That is awesome that you help out the people that are local to you! I know I love the three that I found that are local to me! They are my go to girls for matchups!

Eek! I couldn't imagine buying things without coupons now! I usually have a coupon for every item I buy. Now that I am all stocked up it is much easier to do. I just go for the free stuff or moneymakers or penny stuff now that I have a good size stock pile.

Yepper! My tax refund helped alot! I will still have my DVC to pay after I am out of the CC debt in my ticker, and technically I have another 3,000 in CC debt after the ticker, but I have a very high minimum payment on that card...around $200 a month and my interest rate is only 5% until the balance is paid off. So, needless to say that card is going down fast!! Just gotta worry about the Discovercard now!
Old 02-15-2010, 11:32 PM   #86
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

More good news! We have two working cars now! My mom said she would help fix one of our cars that has been out of commission since May of last year! I wanted to wait until I was out of CC debt to get the car fixed, but my mom helped out and I only had to pitch in $200 to get it fixed! It sure will be nice to have two cars so when I am at work Jason and Aaron can actually get out of the house and do things! They are planning on going to the Zoo tomorrow.

I have been saving away...I took a pic of all the things I got for free last week!

On top of that I got another Sobe Life Water and an Olay body wash for free!
Old 02-15-2010, 11:55 PM   #87
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

We are very un-traditional when it comes to hallmark holidays like Valentine's Day. We found out that Chinese New Year was the same day as V-day this year. So, I suggested we go down to Chinatown and ring in the New Year! Jason had never been and I hadn't been since I was in High School.

We took the blue line down and transferred to the red line. We were there in no time!

We went into some cute shops and bought some Rice Candy and other fun things. I love how cheap the shops are in Chinatown!

Soon enough it was time for the parade.

The Year of the Tiger!

These guys were interesting.

Cool Puppet show troupe!

Aaron loving every second of the parade.

(I think I need a haircut!)

And the parade wouldn't be complete without a Chinese dragon!!

After the parade we went and found a restaurant to eat a late lunch in...we found a very ummy restaurant called the Dragon Court. They had a fish tank in the front of the restaurant stocked with crabs, eel, and lobster and in the back of the restaurant they had a fish tank stocked with Tilapia, catfish and another type of fish (Aaron got to sit next to it)! It was very neat because halfway through our meal someone ordered a Tilapia and they had a net and had to go in and fish one out!

Aaron trying to figure out how to use chopsticks

Our food!

Heading back to the train.

Wanted to get a good pic with the Sears...I mean Willis Tower in the background..

A very fun Valentine's Day! I can't wait to go back to Chinatown when it is less crowded!
Old 02-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #88
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:

Eek! I couldn't imagine buying things without coupons now! I usually have a coupon for every item I buy. Now that I am all stocked up it is much easier to do. I just go for the free stuff or moneymakers or penny stuff now that I have a good size stock pile.
I'm the same way - and if I don't have a coupon it's something we NEED, or a crazy good sale/clearance. Today I got Henry some suckers from Valetine's day for 50cents. No coupon, but a good deal that brought a smile to his face!

I had such a stockpile going I barely shopped for a couple weeks and we just ate out of our pantry. It was great using that money for something else!

Quote:
I have been saving away...I took a pic of all the things I got for free last week!

On top of that I got another Sobe Life Water and an Olay body wash for free!
Love it! I got a free Olay and 2 free Sobe's last week too! Have you signed up for Vocalpoint and Kraft First Taste already?

Quote:

Wanted to get a good pic with the Sears...I mean Willis Tower in the background..
I love the way you celebrated the holiday! That's what it is about to me - being together, doing something fun, with those you love. Since Henry was still meh on Sunday we celebrated on Monday and ate at PF Changs. Drool.

When did they re-name the tower? I remember seeing that before and I was like "HUH?!" I had no idea. It will always be the Sears Tower to me! And who is Willis?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #89
MomlvsGoofy
Mouseketeer

Hi Shanan! I am here too! Love reading your TR's they are so full of fun information. You have such a way with telling your stories.

1987 offsite/1990 offsite/1996 Fort Wilderness/2008 Pop Century/2010 Pop Century/Podcast cruise 2.0 2010
MomlvsGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #90
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
I'm the same way - and if I don't have a coupon it's something we NEED, or a crazy good sale/clearance. Today I got Henry some suckers from Valetine's day for 50cents. No coupon, but a good deal that brought a smile to his face!

I had such a stockpile going I barely shopped for a couple weeks and we just ate out of our pantry. It was great using that money for something else!

Love it! I got a free Olay and 2 free Sobe's last week too! Have you signed up for Vocalpoint and Kraft First Taste already?

I love the way you celebrated the holiday! That's what it is about to me - being together, doing something fun, with those you love. Since Henry was still meh on Sunday we celebrated on Monday and ate at PF Changs. Drool.

When did they re-name the tower? I remember seeing that before and I was like "HUH?!" I had no idea. It will always be the Sears Tower to me! And who is Willis?
I love filling up our pantry, although it is almost over flowing! I am lucky though because a local store-called Jewel (albertson's) has an awesome promo called yourbucks and I am getting an unbelieveable amount of things for free and moneymakers! Suave shampoo for instance is .89 and you get $2 back every single time you buy it! So needless to say I am shopping constantly and making money shopping.

Yep, I am pretty sure I have signed up for both!

We had a great time celebrating the holiday Aaron still talks about it! It sure left an impression! Yum PF Chang's!

I think they officially renamed it last year, but no one is calling it Willis that is for sure. It is some company based out of England that owns the building now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomlvsGoofy View Post
Hi Shanan! I am here too! Love reading your TR's they are so full of fun information. You have such a way with telling your stories.
Hi!
Thanks for being here! Thanks for the compliments!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: