Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #46
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post
Yes, I think DVC is a very wise investment too! I was thinking after my AP expires we could go the next year to Hilton Head or Vero Beach and all we will have to pay for is the airfare!
We are thinking exactly along those lines as well. Joe wants to see a shuttle launch from Kennedy, so we'd do Vero Beach, rent a car for a day for the launch, and just hang out the rest of the time. It's very tempting to me to try and squeeze this in during 2010, but I truly don't think it will happen. We have this big trip coming up, then Chicago/St. Louis and we really want to do NYC as well! I think I should plant another money tree.

Quote:

I didn't see it at first, but then I was like oh my gosh he is cute! The engines look like eyes and the wings make it look like a mouth!
Aw! That's so cute that he spotted that!

Quote:
I really enjoyed the movie and makes me wish that someday I could be as cool as Julie is. Must start blogging about something cool!
I loved that movie! I've seen it twice now, completely adorable. Makes me want to blog about something cool too.

Quote:
This is their largest facility with the grand stands to show the best of animals

This building was very dilapatated
Wow! That's a TEENY building compared to what we are used to! The MN Grandstand building is like 4x that I think!

Quote:

Behold the scorpion.

You didn't...
Quote:

I ate the bug!
YOU DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Quote:
ooooooohhhh something new that is also deep fried!
Holy good gosh...drool.

Quote:
I look to my left and could it be??
TEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Henry and Aaron would get along so well. Choo-choos and tractors, what a fun day! :

(the MN State Fair also has Dole Whips )

Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #47
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

You are a much braver woman than I'll ever be for eating that bug!!!

And it was great seeing you guys last week - it was a lot of fun.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #48
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
We are thinking exactly along those lines as well. Joe wants to see a shuttle launch from Kennedy, so we'd do Vero Beach, rent a car for a day for the launch, and just hang out the rest of the time. It's very tempting to me to try and squeeze this in during 2010, but I truly don't think it will happen. We have this big trip coming up, then Chicago/St. Louis and we really want to do NYC as well! I think I should plant another money tree.
When you get than money tree to start blooming for you, let me know .
I just realized too that Hilton Head is really close to Savannah Georgia. My mom has always wanted to go to Savannah, too bad she doesn't know I bought DVC! None of my family knows yet actually. I think I will tell them when it is paid off!

Wow! That's a TEENY building compared to what we are used to! The MN Grandstand building is like 4x that I think!

I know teeny tiny and run down! The Wisconsin Grandstand is huge and nice and new too!

Henry and Aaron would get along so well. Choo-choos and tractors, what a fun day! :

(the MN State Fair also has Dole Whips )
Hmmm...where is the MN State Fair held?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
You are a much braver woman than I'll ever be for eating that bug!!!

And it was great seeing you guys last week - it was a lot of fun.
I had to eat the bug! I was talking it up at work and at home and on Facebook! I couldn't let everyone down! I am one of those people that will try anything once!

It was great seeing you too last week! Wish Todd could have shown up a wee bit earlier for ya! We will have to hang out again! Jaime needs to fill us in on all the juicy details of TAP!
A.Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:15 PM   #49
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Why Yes It is!!! I scream, "Nana, There it is!"

She was so excited!! It was still before 6pm so you could still get just Dole Whip for 1.00. Here she is pointing to the sign.

Dole Whip Float! Yum!!

In the Tiki-Tiki-Tiki-Tiki- Tiki Room!

Aaron still with his chocolate ice cream cone!

Aaron spots a slide!

That was one stat-icky slide! I don't know if it was from the heat or the dryness of the air, or a mixture of both. But I just put my arm above the plastic of the slide and the hairs stood up on my arm!

Leaving the state fair I witness one of the most, maybe even the most, incredible sunset I have ever seen! I wish my camera could do the sunset justice! The sky literally looked like it was on fire and the sunset wrapped 360 degrees around us!

We then headed over to Jason's brothers (Jordan) house and ooooeed and awwed over it! It is a gorgeous house! They bought at at the start of the market collapse for around 200k now they say you can get the same house for about 120k! Where do I sign! Gosh I would love to live out there! I wish I took some pictures of the inside and outside of his house it is simply stunning!

We hung out at his house for a while and played Rockband. We showed Aaron the putting green on the patio out back and he had fun playing on that. We ended up dropping off Jordan at Bucca di Beppo around 9 and headed over to the Motel 6 to check in. Once we were checked in Nana went to sleep, but Aaron, Dada and I wanted to get some groceries and find something to eat! We ended up getting a few things at Safeway. That place is expensive! We bought 1 gallon of water, a 6 pack of coke in plastic bottles, 8 juice boxes and a box of Ritz crackers and a few bananas for $15! It would have been around $7 back in IL! And to make matters worse, I threw most of the liquids we bought away, before getting on the plane for home.

On the way back we found a Jack in the Box. I ordered the spicy chicken sandwich. Aaron got the chicken strips and Dada got the hamburgers. And we all got:

(YUM Curly Fries!)

It is now close to midnight and our baby has been up for a very, very, very long time! He sure looks ready to go even though this was taken at midnight!

Tomorrow: Phx Zoo, Rehearsal Dinner and other odds and ends.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:05 AM   #50
natale1980
"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"... Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

22.7% That's AWESOME!!! Your doing great!!!!!

When we are on our cruise in January we are going to rebook on board for the podcast cruise. Don't know if we are going to be able to go for sure... but I want to have the chance if we can come up with the money in time. Plus I would love to go with out the kids and that's a long time to leave them with my parents. Who knows... we'll see.

Just wanted to say CONGRATES on the shirking debt!!! Wish I was cool as you!
-nat
Old 12-19-2009, 01:27 AM   #51
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by natale1980 View Post
22.7% That's AWESOME!!! Your doing great!!!!!

When we are on our cruise in January we are going to rebook on board for the podcast cruise. Don't know if we are going to be able to go for sure... but I want to have the chance if we can come up with the money in time. Plus I would love to go with out the kids and that's a long time to leave them with my parents. Who knows... we'll see.

Just wanted to say CONGRATES on the shirking debt!!! Wish I was cool as you!
-nat
Thanks Nat!

You are definitley as cool as me, if not cooler! You just completed Week 7! !!! Honestly, I was spending where I didn't even realize I was spending! The No Buy Thread has really truly helped me see where I can cut corners! I highly suggest coming over and joining the No Buy group when you get back from Disney, so you can join us on 2.0! And don't worry about the kiddos, it is only 4 days! You guys need a break every now and then!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....342250&page=11
Old 12-19-2009, 01:31 AM   #52
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:

Update on the money front! Working on the 2nd card still. I put 400 towards that card last Friday and hopefully I will have the remainder paid on it by the end of the year!
Done!
Old 12-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #53
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Hmmm...where is the MN State Fair held?!?
At the fair grounds in St. Paul.

Quote:
It was still before 6pm so you could still get just Dole Whip for 1.00. Here she is pointing to the sign.
A BUCK! Wow! At that price, even if I wasn't hungry I would have choked one down.

Sounds like cheap houses, expensive groceries!! Blah!

The sunset looked so beautiful!

Quote:
Done!
YAY!!!!!!! How good does that feel?!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 12-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #54
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Well, some bad news on the money front. Annual Dues for DVC are due the middle of January and my 1st payment for DVC is due Jan 1st! Since it is my first payment it is about 100 dollars more than a regular payment will be. So I don't think I will have much extra cash next month to pay towards the credit card debt, but we shall see! At least February I should get my tax return back! Which will definitely pay off a good chunk of debt!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #55
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
At the fair grounds in St. Paul.

Another Reason to visit MN!

A BUCK! Wow! At that price, even if I wasn't hungry I would have choked one down.
Yeah! Although it was just for the ice cream not the actual float. But yeah!

Sounds like cheap houses, expensive groceries!! Blah!
Yeah :P. I want cheap houses and cheap groceries!

The sunset looked so beautiful!

I really wish I had a camera that could really capture what I saw! It was spectacular! I have never seen a sunset like it!

YAY!!!!!!! How good does that feel?!
It feels Awesome! Now on to the next one!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #56
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

D23

I just received my D23 Membership and I just can't get over how high quality the magazines are. I was really pleasantly surprised too by the lithograph (the free gift). From DisneyDaddy's blog "This is a very nice BIG print (original is oil on canvas). It measures 30" tall by 20" wide and is on archival #65 Cougar Natural Cover Stock with fade-resistant, oil-based process inks. A print of this size in the Art of Disney Store would run quite a pretty penny (like $50 or more!)"

Walt Disney Animation Studios Art Director Paul Felix created "Putting a Smile on the World" in celebration of Mickey's 80th anniversary last November, capturing Mickey's trademark charm, youthful exuberance and optimism

Here is a pic!

I can't wait to get this framed!

And of course this came too!

Oh and my 1st magazine!

And the freebie that came with the magazine! A replica of a card that Walt sent back in 1933! I am really pleased with the purchase of my membership! The magazine is awesome! The membership is on sale right now for 64.99.

Last edited by A.Mickey; 12-23-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:15 AM   #57
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

That print is really awesome! What a very nice gift with the membership, almost pays for itself right there.

Love the Christmas Card too, I would frame that and use it as a Christmas decoration!

I had no idea Donald's middle initial was F. What is his middle name?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:39 AM   #58
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
That print is really awesome! What a very nice gift with the membership, almost pays for itself right there.

Love the Christmas Card too, I would frame that and use it as a Christmas decoration!

I had no idea Donald's middle initial was F. What is his middle name?
Yep! Oh and if you buy the magazines separately from the shelf of a Disney Store they are 15.95 each, so right there you are at 63.80 (since you get 4 magazines over the course of a year). I love the print it is all about how Mickey brings a smile to the world .

I was thinking the same thing about the Christmas card!

His middle name is Fauntleroy, although my certificate has Shanan Osinski on it .
Old 01-04-2010, 10:23 PM   #59
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

AZ Day 2

Today: Phx Zoo, Rehearsal Dinner and other odds and ends.

So we wake up bright and early and head to the Phx Zoo Rope Drop!

The view from our hotel room:

(so close to a mall, yet we never stepped a foot inside! We were way too busy!)

Wow, you can see some mountains from our hotel parking lot!

Here we are at the Phx Zoo!

The Phx Zoo's version of a savannah

(you could actually pet and feed giraffes here!)

I didn't realize the Zoo would be so lush!

(made me feel like I was back in FL for a second!)

Do kids even know who this guy is anymore?

Aaron enjoying looking at the fake ducks!

Aaron really liked this play area they had. It was an awesome cave and slide inside.

Next we went on a walking path in which Spider Monkeys can just jump out right in front of you! I have never been that close to a Spider Monkey before, that was pretty neat.

The orangutans:

Hey Look a Hidden Mickey cactus!

This area of the Zoo really looked like Harambe Village in AK but the picture should be more focused on the right side...oh well.

Aaron loved standing here and watching the fish for a long while!

Cool path in a jungle type area with lots of bamboo shoots and big palms. Aaron was having a ball going under the big palms and calling him his tent! He is still obsessed with playing tent!

We stopped and had a nice little mid morning snack and then walked over to the tram. The tram goes around the other side of the Zoo that is out in the sun and all uphill! So we decide to just tour that side of the Zoo on the tram.

Here are a few pictures of us walking to the tram with some plants that you don't see in your everyday life here in Illinois.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #60
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Aaron's Rock Discovery

On the tram I tried to take some pictures.

This is kinda crazy! The first governor of AZ is buried underneath the white pyramid on the right hand side of the picture. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunt%27s_Tomb

After the tram ride we hung out by a kids play area with a tree house and a tunnel tunnel!

We went and petted the stingrays and sharks but Aaron didn't want any part of that so we went and rode the Carousal.

Aaron didn't really like this either, he had his death grip on Nana.

But, by the end he liked it, but he still didn't want to let go!

Ribbit, Ribbit!

(I am wet, from petting the stingrays and sharks. They are slimy little suckers!)

Isn't this armadillo the cutest!?

We told Nana not to buy anything from the store, but she had to get Aaron something so Aaron got two bags of polished rocks. He loved them and they came in handy for a good bath toy later.
Here he is playing with his rocks at Peter Piper's Pizza

After the Zoo we were hungry and dehydrated so we headed for Peter Piper's Pizza. Unfortunately it wasn't in the same building Jason had remembered from his younger days. Nothing ever stays the same.

The pizza was pretty good, much better than Chuck E. Cheese.
Aaron got a few toys and then we were headed to the mall that Jason had such fond memories of too, and here also the mall had been remodeled, no more 80's feel.

But there was a restaurant called Hot Dog on a Stick!

I picked up a shirt for tonight's rehearsal dinner at JC Penny's. And now we wanted to get Ice Cream at Swensen's. Aaron went with the Mr. San Fransisco! I love this little ice cream guy....I left the camera in the car! I found him on the net though!

Disney had rented out a building and seemed to be selling merchandise Up to 80% off! Don't you love those signs! Until you get in the building and realize that there is one item marked 80% off and everything else is about 20% off. No thanks!

We get back to the room and Jason has to head over for the rehearsal, so I try to put Aaron down for a nap before the rehearsal dinner. He naps while I catch up with Facebook. Soon he is up and we are just waiting for Dada to get back. Of course there is nothing on TV so we end up watching the Lawrence Welk show!

Dada comes and picks us up and we head over to the Resort! Wow, this place is gorgeous! I can't wait to stay here tomorrow night!
http://www.fireskyresort.com/

I meet Jason's sister for the 1st time! Yes, the 1st time! I also meet one of his Uncle's for the first time and one of his Aunt's for the first time!

The groom's cake:

I am glad there were rocks on the centerpieces.
Grandpa Joe was pushing all the rocks Aaron's way!

Mama was having fun too!

Aaron and his Great-Grandma

YUM!

I love this picture:
They are both so tired!

This was the day I learned of Vicky's passing (Gabbysmom). She was only 27 with a 4 year old daughter. Every day is precious and we need to cherish and savor every moment we have with one another! We miss you Vicky!

Last edited by A.Mickey; 01-04-2010 at 11:16 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: