Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #106
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Kathy, thanks for a Yummy food report! That is so sweet that you give a child a baloon in memory of your Dad. What a great tradition.

I'm glad you got to meet so many Disers! thank you so much for sharing all the great pictures.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #107
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeapplemeadow View Post
Kathy, Great report, thanks for the great pictures and all the time you put into the report. I've never tried Fultons (being a New Englander with the best seafood around I've been doubtful) but your review has made me put Fultons on the list for next time. I must say, the ballon in memory of your father pushed me over the edge, I'm still crying. What a beautful way to remember your Dad. My Dad died 2 years ago and still whenever I see Spectromagic (his fav.) I'm reduced to tears. Thanks again.
I've never been to the New England area, but I've heard you have wonderful seafood. We have never had a bad meal at Fulton's...and I think you should give it a try. And thanks for the word about my balloon memory and I know what you mean about Spectromagic...it reduces you to tears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymama5816 View Post
Kat, what a wonderful tradition. You brought tears to my eyes. It is amazing how many little "traditions" we all have at Disney. So glad you were able to go "home".
Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Kathy, how wonderful...another teary moment. The first time I read through I missed this part of the story b/c I was so taken with the picture of you & Mark at the Plaza. Goodness, does that mean I skimmed??

I know you will not be surprised to learn (that) I do the same in honor of Toby ~ he so loved the MK as a child and giving a balloon to a child seemed so right. I have done each visit since he passed, but have told no one until now....I know you understand.

I am always shy when it comes to finding a family and never sure how much to say. So I usually say something to the effect that my little boy loved WDW and like to share my memories with another child with a balloon.

Beautiful, Kathy.
Thanks, Christine (and no, I don't think you skimmed...Pickles don't skim ) and I'm not surprised at all that you do the same for Toby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoronni37 View Post
I missed that part of the story as well - I was caught up in the photos, the food and the fun... what a beautiful way to honor your father's memory.

3 weeks ago my father had a heart attack. He had a bypass done that same week, and now he's recovering. Do you know what he keeps asking?

"When are you taking me to Disney World?"

Unfortunately he can't come with us in January, he has a business obligation - but the Happiest Place on Earth has kept him in good spirits, just the prospect of going back there has put a smile on his face, and the memories of going when I was a child are what we shared while he was in the hospital.

Walt sure has made us a magical place...
I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but glad to know that he is recovering. Please keep me posted and I'll keep him in my prayers. Walt should be proud of that magical place he made for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Kathy, thanks for a Yummy food report! That is so sweet that you give a child a baloon in memory of your Dad. What a great tradition.

I'm glad you got to meet so many Disers! thank you so much for sharing all the great pictures.
Glad you enjoyed the food report. I think Dad would have liked what I've done.

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2009, 02:33 AM   #108
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Loved the food reviews and am so glad I was able to eat with you guys at Bomas. You're right it was very good. I already have another ADR to eat there in Dec with my mom and husband. Glad you guys had a good trip!
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #109
Sorcerer Fan
Yes, I am a LOCAL, deal with it ;)

Thumbs up

Loved your food report, and the pics of you and Mark
The Plaza is our fav in MK Except for this last (short) trip, it's always a must do for us... although Cosmic Rays, and CHH are close 2nd and 3rd
CSR: 2009- May, Sept, Oct Dec... 2008- Aug, Sept... 2007- Oct... 2006- May, Dec... 2005- Oct... 2004-Sept... 2003- Sept... 2002- Dec... 2001- May... 2000-June... and a few more that I can't seem to remember at the moment.... CBR: 1997- Aug... 1996- Aug (Honeymoon) Off Site: Bonnet Creek.... MIL owns there and a gazillion "day trips"
Sorcerer Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #110
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Loved the food reviews and am so glad I was able to eat with you guys at Bomas. You're right it was very good. I already have another ADR to eat there in Dec with my mom and husband. Glad you guys had a good trip!
Good for you that you get to go back to Boma! Have a gallon of juice for me, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer Fan View Post
Loved your food report, and the pics of you and Mark
The Plaza is our fav in MK Except for this last (short) trip, it's always a must do for us... although Cosmic Rays, and CHH are close 2nd and 3rd
Thanks. We love Cosmic Rays and CHH too (with the exception of Mark's most recent meal at Cosmic Rays).

I'm glad you both enjoyed the food reviews.

RIP Genie
Old 10-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #111
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Kathy, loved your trip report and loved your dining report. Yum all the way!
The Plaza is definately on the list for us for another time. Future...way future. Must say on track. No planning for me (I need to keep convincing myself of this!)

I agree with everyone else that the tradition to give a child a balloon in your father's memory is so touching and healing to spread some pixie dust!

Thanks for sharing!

Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #112
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
Kathy, loved your trip report and loved your dining report. Yum all the way!
The Plaza is definately on the list for us for another time. Future...way future. Must say on track. No planning for me (I need to keep convincing myself of this!)

I agree with everyone else that the tradition to give a child a balloon in your father's memory is so touching and healing to spread some pixie dust!

Thanks for sharing!
Yes...no Disney planning for you...Hawaii or Alaksa are on the radar.
Glad you enjoyed the reviews.

RIP Genie
Old 10-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #113
jeminni
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

I can't believe I didnt find your DR til today. I'm really enjoying all of your reviews. You and Mark are so cute.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #114
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeminni View Post
I can't believe I didnt find your DR til today. I'm really enjoying all of your reviews. You and Mark are so cute.
Thanks, Bridget.

RIP Genie
Old 10-13-2009, 08:07 AM   #115
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Thanks for your reviews, you did a great job!
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #116
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_princess_85 View Post
Thanks for your reviews, you did a great job!
Thanks. I enjoy doing the dining reviews and those were done first as they are easier than the trip report (which I just finished the other day).

RIP Genie
Old 10-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #117
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Thanks. I enjoy doing the dining reviews and those were done first as they are easier than the trip report (which I just finished the other day).
Ooh, I will check out your TR too!
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #118
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
I made Mark get his with the chips and I got mine with the fries. I really like the fries here--I think they are the best in all of Disney, but I also love the chips so we shared.

As the parade ended, I decided to make it a yearly tradition to get a balloon as we leave and give it to a child in memory of my dad. We found a wonderful couple with their five year old daughter. I excused myself and explained what it was that I was doing (I did much better this year--although I had tears in my eyes, I wasn't hysterical and was actually coherent and you could actually understand what I was saying). The wonderful couple asked about my dad and what his name was and said they'd say a special prayer for him and had their daughter give me a hug. It was a nice way to end our trip to Disney.
Those fries look AWESOME! They used to have big thick ones like that at CHH, but now have the skinny, skins-on ones. I am thrilled to see the thick ones at the Plaza! I wonder if they would make a "to go" order for me, so I could have that with my Corn Dog Nuggets from Casey's...

Your balloon story made me cry!! What a WONDERFUL thing to do in honor of your Dad!

Quote:
Don't ask me...I've only been married to him 26 years and don't understand what he's talking about half the time.
Love it!!!

Wonderful reviews! Glad you had so many successful meals! Thanks for sharing it all.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #119
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Those fries look AWESOME! They used to have big thick ones like that at CHH, but now have the skinny, skins-on ones. I am thrilled to see the thick ones at the Plaza! I wonder if they would make a "to go" order for me, so I could have that with my Corn Dog Nuggets from Casey's...

Certainly wouldn't hurt to ask.

Your balloon story made me cry!! What a WONDERFUL thing to do in honor of your Dad!

Thank you.

Wonderful reviews! Glad you had so many successful meals! Thanks for sharing it all.
My pleasure. Is tomorrow the big day...the last day of work?

RIP Genie
Old 11-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #120
Belle_373
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I ordered a Hot Fudge Sundae, minus the whip cream and cherry, and they gave me extra Hot Fudge:

Oh....I do LOVE me a good Hot Fudge Sundae!
YAY! I found someone else who doesn't order whip cream on their hot fudge sundaes. I find the whip cream takes away from the taste of hot fudge & ice cream. My DF always makes fun of me for this, but I am very particular about my sundaes.

I really need to make an ADR for the Plaza the next time I go to Disney.

Belle_373 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: