Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #1
Bepyne
Earning My Ears

Quick review, Mom and daughter's week in wdw

Got back yesterday. My 21 year old daughter and I spent 7 days in the park. This is her 5th trip and my 4th. First one with free dining! THere was great, good and bad meals.
1st night- Narcoossee. We loved our meal here. We both had crab crusted halibut. Give this an A. Prompt service too
2nd night - Coral Reef. The service was quick and good. We had the strip steak. I give it a B-. The fish tank was fun to look at
3rd night - Le Cellier- Loved my Filet, my daughter had the salmon and said it was very good also. I couldn't wait to try the breadsticks after reading so much about them. I found them ok but nothing special. Service again was very good and timely. I give the filet an A
4th night- ate off property
5th night - Chefs de France. I had the Macaroni and she had the tenderloin. Neither of us were impressed by food. I loved my dessert though. Had the profiteroles, yummy. I give my meal a C but an A for the dessert
6th night- Tutto Italia- Here comes the bad. I ordered the lasagna and she ordered tortellini. The food came out in 1 minute. Faster then McDonald's. Steam table? Microwave? I never felt as rushed as I did in this restaurant. My lasagna was so-so, no actually is was yuck. My daughter wasn't thrilled with her dinner either. I've had better Italian food at chain restaurants. We were in and out of the restaurant in 20 minutes or so. Very disappointed. I give it a D
7th night- Kona Cafe. I had the teryaki steak and she had the tuna oscar. The bread was so good with the macadamia butter. My steak was tasty and so was her tuna. She did find it a little spicy. Dessert was yummy. I had the lava cake and she had the creme brule. B+
All and all it was an experience. I would suggest Narcoossee, Le cellier as my two favorites. Love to go back there. Tutto Italia is a big never again.
Let me know if you need more details on any of these restaurants. I'm happy to explain further. In general I found that even though they were all packed, my wait was always short. Most waiters were attentive and friendly.
Bepyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:43 AM   #2
msce2
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the reviews!!!

We have a number of the same restaurants on tap for June. I was disappointed to hear about Tutto, and we may have to rethink that one.

Me(31) DH(33) DS(11) DD(7) DS(4)

AKV - Jan 2011
BLT - June 2010
BCV - May 2009
BCV - May 2003
msce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #3
Calgary DISHeads
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry you hated Tutto - it was the best meal on our last trip and we were hoping for another one. It sounds like you were one of the few (which I feel for you for) as most of the reviews have been good.

We also did not feel wowed at Chefs, however DS loves the place and this is his pick for this trip so we are stuck with it! Although you didn't mention the service, this was the worst for us.

AKL/Portofino Bay CL - Christmas 2009
Poly/Beach Club - Christmas 2007
POP/Hard Rock CL-Oct 2006
CBR - Jan 2003
Disneyland - Jan 1999, AllSS Sept 1996
Disneyland - Sept 1991, Camping at DW 1976

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/362dhz1q6jullmo0.png[/img]
Calgary DISHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
Bepyne
Earning My Ears

Tutto - more info

Yup the waiters were pretty cute. I think the food was a big disappoitment because I grew up in the Boston area with tons of Italian friends. I've had some outstanding dinners with them. Tutto just couldn't compete. I was sad since I LOVE that type of food. Maybe it was a bad day?? Service was good though. Had the tiramisu for dessert, that was tasty.
Bepyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
luv2travel29
Earning My Ears

ooo we're going to tutto in a week... i hope it's okay, but how come the food comes out sooooo fast ??
luv2travel29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: