Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #1
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out
 
wdwmom0f3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 7,946

Smile Can you relate? DD's poem about Disney World

I have been after my DD to write a poem about Disney and to shut me up she finally did it. See if you can relate.

World

You can't help to become anxious as the days slowly pass.
You can't help but get excited when you're beneath that gate at last.
You can't help that you're walking in such a fast pace.
And you can't help the fact that this smile will not come off your face.
You've waited so long, and yes, you're finally here.
When you walk around that corner it's hard not to shed a tear.
You are in the World standing before that castle again.
And you can feel in your heart that the magic is about to begin.
This is a place for both the young and the old.
Stand back and let all of the wonders unfold.
It's beautiful here, as well as peaceful, calm, yet wild.
Exploring each and every corner, you'll unleash your inner child.
Going all day long, the only place you're legs won't begin to hurt.
Standing with the people you love at night to watch the fireworks.
No doubt you'll meet some characters here, I really love them all.
Or maybe go for a boat ride that'll make you realize the world's actually small.
You've never been to a place so truly amazing before.
And being there with your family makes you love it that much more.

By:Lauren Morris
__________________
Carla DH DD 21 DD 16 DS 13

Last edited by wdwmom0f3; 08-09-2009 at 10:07 PM.
wdwmom0f3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
littlbugmom
DIS Veteran
 
littlbugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 593

I love it!

Especially, this line:


"Standing with the people you love..."
__________________
Kim




2012 A week in the parks and then our first Disney cruise on the Dream!
2010 StoryTime Villa
2008 Sheraton Vistana Villages
2005 Old Key West Resort
littlbugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out
 
wdwmom0f3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 7,946

I liked it too and I thought it was special that she mentioned being there with family. It's good to hear that from a teenager, you know. She did in in just a few minutes and she has promised to do a better one for me later. Maybe after our trip so she has something to think about.
__________________
Carla DH DD 21 DD 16 DS 13
wdwmom0f3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
Get me to Disney!
Mouseketeer
 
Get me to Disney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 372

:)

Tears are in my eyes!! What a beautiful poem!!
__________________
1984 - Family trip for Sister's graduation
1987 - Family trip for Brother's graduation
1990 - Family trip for my graduation
4/17-4/24/1994 - Honeymoon (Dixie's Landings)
2004 - First Family Trip with kids
- 1 day trip with DH - all four parks in one day
9/3-9/20/2009 - ASMovies w/free dining
8/17-8/28/2010 - ASMovies w/free dining


Daddy (41) , Mommy (40) , Daughter (15) , Daughter (13) , Son (10) , Daughter (7) - All lovers of Disney
Get me to Disney! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!
 
a1tinkfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,933

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
I have been after my DD to write a poem about Disney and to shut me up she finally did it. See if you can relate.

World

You can't help to become anxious as the days slowly pass.
You can't help but get excited when you're beneath that gate at last.
You can't help that you're walking in such a fast pace.
And you can't help the fact that this smile will not come off your face.
You've waited so long, and yes, you're finally here.
When you walk around that corner it's hard not to shed a tear.
You are in the World standing before that castle again.
And you can feel in your heart that the magic is about to begin.
This is a place for both the young and the old.
Stand back and let all of the wonders unfold.
It's beautiful here, as well as peaceful, calm, yet wild.
Exploring each and every corner, you'll unleash your inner child.
Going all day long, the only place you're legs won't begin to hurt.
Standing with the people you love at night to watch the fireworks.
No doubt you'll meet some characters here, I really love them all.
Or maybe go for a boat ride that'll make you realize the world's actually small.
You've never been to a place so truly amazing before.
And being there with your family makes you love it that much more.
adorable!
__________________
Where Dreams Come True
a1tinkfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:34 PM   #6
alberty2k
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1

Topics frequently discussed: b d, b m, b s, bdsm poetry, d b, d d s, d m, d s, ... Here at Poetry World, our group is for all styles; poetry, short stories, ...
alberty2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
Lesley Mahler
Proud Mom of a Princess
 
Lesley Mahler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,012

I love it!!!!!! Would she mind if I made a copy and put it in our camper? Everything in our camper is Disney...it's our "World" away from "the World"!!!
__________________
Lesley
(DH) (Me) (DD) (Penny) (Deogie)
Lesley Mahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #8
Betzee
Mouseketeer
 
Betzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 149

Awww...

Great poem, sounds like you have a very special girl...my favorite line:

"...You've never been to a place so truly amazing before.
And being there with your family makes you love it that much more."

As a pp said, so nice to hear such loving words about family from a teenager...you've obviously done a great job with her.
__________________


July 1975 -- Trip with Parents
May 1995 -- CBR with my Sister
February 2008 -- First Family Trip at POR
Sept 2009 -- Grand Gathering with Family at CBR
February 2013 -- Family Trip at CSR
Betzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:33 PM   #9
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out
 
wdwmom0f3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 7,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley Mahler View Post
I love it!!!!!! Would she mind if I made a copy and put it in our camper? Everything in our camper is Disney...it's our "World" away from "the World"!!!
Sure, I wanted to share it with you guys and would be happy for you to do that.
__________________
Carla DH DD 21 DD 16 DS 13
wdwmom0f3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:01 AM   #10
2shortpeopleruleme
Mouseketeer
 
2shortpeopleruleme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 216

What an awesome poem! I have tears in my eyes. Your daughter is very special.
__________________
Megan
Me DH DD (7) DD (5)
1 heart grown + 1 tummy grown = 1 HAPPY MOMMA!!
Nov '04 FW Cabins, Sept 9/09 SSR Villa, Dec 11-18/10 off site. 6/27-7/2/11 CSR Mommy and Daddy ONLY trip! 1/9-1/18/14 Bonnet Creek!
2shortpeopleruleme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #11
Lesley Mahler
Proud Mom of a Princess
 
Lesley Mahler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
Sure, I wanted to share it with you guys and would be happy for you to do that.
THANK YOU!!! Can you have her make up a screen name and when I print it I'll put her screen name as author...I like to give credit where credit is due!!!
__________________
Lesley
(DH) (Me) (DD) (Penny) (Deogie)
Lesley Mahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #12
Mrs. Charming
I'm not your entertainment, get a life.
 
Mrs. Charming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: wayyyy too far from the mouse, or PA.
Posts: 4,370

Love it! My DH loved it too!
__________________
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Taking 2011 off. I'm sure I'm going to start shaking from WDW withdrawal any minute now!
Ok. Maybe not. Thinking about September 2011. How about sending us a code, Disney?
DD3 is a BIG SISTER! ...and now has a brand new little BROTHER!
Mrs. Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #13
Lstar311
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 354

That was great, I have tears in my eyes!
Lstar311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #14
Dismom55
DIS Veteran
 
Dismom55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 963

Loved it! She is very talented.

If you don't mind I would like to use it in my scrapbook. I do Disney Scrapbook challenges (one every month) and I would like to do a page with the poem front and center.

My son writes poetry too, over the last few years he has gotten very very good, but his tastes run a little darker (going thru the emo phase, age 16 now). It amazes me when one of my kids shows a talent, I often thank my maker for giving such talents to my kids.

Again, really great poem! Thanks for sharing!
__________________
1st July 1984; 2nd AS Movies-July 2000; 3rd AS Music (Suite) Dec 2007; 4th Pop Century-Sep/Oct 2009; 5th POFQ May 2011; 6th Pop Century April/May 2014

Dismom55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:14 PM   #15
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out
 
wdwmom0f3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 7,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley Mahler View Post
THANK YOU!!! Can you have her make up a screen name and when I print it I'll put her screen name as author...I like to give credit where credit is due!!!
Her name is Lauren, and I don't mind you using it. I just added it to the poem at the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismom55 View Post
Loved it! She is very talented.

If you don't mind I would like to use it in my scrapbook. I do Disney Scrapbook challenges (one every month) and I would like to do a page with the poem front and center.

My son writes poetry too, over the last few years he has gotten very very good, but his tastes run a little darker (going thru the emo phase, age 16 now). It amazes me when one of my kids shows a talent, I often thank my maker for giving such talents to my kids.

Again, really great poem! Thanks for sharing!
Sure, feel free to use it.

I showed her this thread and she said that she couldn't believe that anyone liked it, so she was tickled that you did. She has been writhing poetry for a while and some of her work is unbelievable. She didn't think that this one was even that great but I loved it and it did bring a tear or two to my eyes as well.
__________________
Carla DH DD 21 DD 16 DS 13
wdwmom0f3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disboutiquers Part 16 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew teresajoy Disney for Families 3662 02-23-2010 03:39 PM
As God as my witness.I'll never be sick at Disney World again~~~wrapping things up... winkers Completed Trip Reports 1693 01-01-2010 02:21 AM
who packs snacks and water for the on site disney trip? newfiegirl Transportation 111 08-17-2009 07:51 AM
Help...i am sick and leaving foe Disney very soon newfiegirl Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 22 08-08-2009 12:51 PM
is swine flu at disney? concerns newfiegirl Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 45 08-08-2009 08:41 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.