Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #331
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Aww I love your CM pictures. Sometimes I wish I would've done the CP. Oh well.

You're getting close now! I'm so jealous.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 11-26-2009, 07:10 AM   #332
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
I know what you mean!!! The Black Friday shopping was a tradition that my husbands family always had. When I started dating him I started to go, but I find in recent years it hasn't been as good as it used to be. Anyway, since a lot of the shopping will be done in Disney, I am going to decorate the house for Christmas on Black Friday. Then my mom and brother will be coming for Turkey Day part deux.

If I don't hear from you have a wonderful Turkey Day and good luck with the shopping!!! I hope you get some good finds!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!!!

I've been so caught up in the fact that I don't have to work at WDW this year for Thanksgiving and Black Friday that I've forgotten that I leave in 2 weeks for WDW!!!!!

I hope all the cooking and decorating go well!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2009, 07:11 AM   #333
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Aww I love your CM pictures. Sometimes I wish I would've done the CP. Oh well.

You're getting close now! I'm so jealous.
I look at them too and I miss it, a ton. I miss always having something to do and somewhere to go with someone. To go from that to moving to a brand new city and working with people who have lived there their whole lives and are established is pretty rough! WDW and meeting people was sooo much easier. You had no choice though I guess!!
Old 11-26-2009, 07:28 AM   #334
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Happy thanksgiving!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!

~AND~

2 WEEKS UNTIL DISNEY!!!!!!!!

14 DAYS IF YOU COUNT TODAY
13 DAYS IF YOU DON'T!!!!

I just thought before all the craziness of today and tomorrow start that I would post some updates

I seem to have been caught up in the fact that I'm actually off work (and not working at WDW) for Thanksgiving and Black Friday that I've forgotten for a moment about the trip and that we leave in 2 weeks!!!

First of all, I hope everyone has safe travels today! I left Cincinnati on Tues night and man on man did we have traffic. A 4.5 hour ride turned into a 6+ hour ride mixed with a horrible migraine that I got. Thank god I Dd was driving because I might not have made it!

Yesterday...first day off work since Labor Day My co-teacher: S, txted me throughout the day with updates on the kids. Our teacher/kid ratio is 1:13 and we only had 11 kid yesterday, 2 left before nap and 6 were left when S left at 3 so I'm soooo glad I was able to be off! Not so glad when the dermatologist removed a mole from my right arm It's pretty sore even today so it looks like no heavy lifting for Black Friday!
My Dd and Dbro got our Xmas tree yesterday
(photos will come Sat or Sun) Dbro has to work at the local mom and pop restaurant ( like a Big Boy or Dennys) on Friday..our traditional day of getting the tree!!! It was still where we had tagged it and no family tried to steal it which is

Today is TURKEY DAY!!! We will head over to my Aunts & Uncles house in eastern, OH this afternoon. Before that, I might do some shopping at Kmart ( I need to look at their ad again) and Dd and Dbro are going to finish the outside lights and Xmas tree lights for our street's annual "Light up Night" tomorrow

Friday....BLACK FRIDAY!!! My mom has said she has turned me into a monster. Never in her life has she had to get up before 3am to wait outside a store in the freezing cold to buy things. Well, she started the tradition, I've perfected it Dbro want's some TV at Best Buy tomorrow so he is going at midnight tonight to wait in line. Assuming he survives until 3am when they give out the "golden tickets, " Dm and I will be there at 3 to relieve him since he works breakfast shift at his work and pick up the TV. Dd will meet us at 6 to switch cars and take the TV home.
Dd was interested in a Canon camera at Best Buy but went last night and was able to swing a deal and get last week's Ad price which was $100 more than the BF price but came with a better camera bag (backpack type), extra charger, and memory card so my Dd was the whole night!

My parent's also decided that for our "family" gift this year that we would get a WII so Dbro and I stayed up last night playing WII sports...my arm was killing after that..oops!! It's funny how our first "family" gift was a train that went around the tree and it has gone from that to a WII!

ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had posted on 2 other Dec TR about this but I figured I'd post on mine as well.

My family has chosen 2 girls this year for the Giving Tree Program. They are 11 and 12. My dad got them through work from his secretary who's grandson goes to the same school as these girls.
Makes you sick to your stomach the basic needs they need met that we don't think twice about:
1. Clothing, gym shoes, and dishes to eat off of.
Dd talked to his secretary and she said that these girls won't get anything else for Xmas besides what we get them so we really want to do it right for them. Typically we spend $100-$150 on a child but this year we're looking at $200 each child plus the dishes and a gift card to the local grocery store.

On the girl's wish list they want: Jewelry, Make-up, and Art Supplies. My cousin works for Lancome make-up so we have that covered. We got them diamond heart necklaces and earings and are going to get a bracelet and maybe a jewelry box.

Art supplies we are clueless on Assuming they don't have the basic markers, paper, scissors. We were thinking doing a small gift basket of that and then maybe some sort of art kit from Michaels...

What would you get for a girl that is 11 or 12????????

Well that is it for now, I'm off to prepare for the Macy's Parade!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!

Old 11-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #335
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

WII is awesome. Glad you are enjoying it

Have fun tomorrow...Hope you get everything you want

That is so nice you are helping out those two girls
Old 11-27-2009, 08:08 AM   #336
Elevationist
DIS Veteran

Art Supplies: Well, since it sounds like they are beyond the construction paper and Elmer's glue age...

I am 99% you could set them up very nicely at Michaels. I would say look for the sets, like you suggested. Something like this one. Or this one. Or both. And a pad of good sturdy drawing paper. I bet they would be thrilled with that!

December 4-12, 2015 Port Orleans French Quarter

- December 2009, Coronado Springs - February 2006, Animal Kingdom Lodge - January 2005, All-Star Music - January 2002, Offsite
- July 2000, Offsite - January 2000, Offsite - April 1998, All-Star Sports - May 1986, Offsite
Old 11-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #337
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

I'm soooo sorry I'm so behind!! I'm finally done with school though so I can catch up! That's so nice of you guys to do the giving tree. There used to be a mall by me that did it but it closed a few years ago and I haven't seen anything like that around since. Since I am a huge animal person I usually go to Target and buy a bunch of dog toys and food to take to the animal shelter I wish they could all have a loving family for Christmas!
Old 11-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #338
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
WII is awesome. Glad you are enjoying it

Have fun tomorrow...Hope you get everything you want

That is so nice you are helping out those two girls
Thanks!!! It was a fun shopping day and we got a ton of stuff. My Dm said it was the most we have ever gotten on Blk Friday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevationist View Post
Art Supplies: Well, since it sounds like they are beyond the construction paper and Elmer's glue age...

I am 99% you could set them up very nicely at Michaels. I would say look for the sets, like you suggested. Something like this one. Or this one. Or both. And a pad of good sturdy drawing paper. I bet they would be thrilled with that!
Thanks so much!! We got them an art set and a pad of drawing paper and a pad of paint paper along with 2 other kits.. Hannah Montana drawing fashion set and a set of bracelets that you can make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
I'm soooo sorry I'm so behind!! I'm finally done with school though so I can catch up! That's so nice of you guys to do the giving tree. There used to be a mall by me that did it but it closed a few years ago and I haven't seen anything like that around since. Since I am a huge animal person I usually go to Target and buy a bunch of dog toys and food to take to the animal shelter I wish they could all have a loving family for Christmas!
Doesn't it break your heart? I can't imagine not having money to even go to the dollar tree to get some gifts. You almost wish you could be there that morning when the girls open up the gifts to see their faces. We just hope that they enjoy what they get and I'm sure they will love everything!
Old 11-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #339
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

11 DAYS!!!! and pics!

11 DAYS!!!!

I was going to update tomorrow when it would be 10 days but oh well!!

I've been going camera crazy the last few days so I thought I would share. I put the WDW trip on hold for a few days to get into Xmas/Black Friday mode!!

I hope all of your Thanksgivings were good. Mine was filled with yummy food and 20 family members at my Aunt/Uncles house!

Here is a pic of our Xmas tree that we got on Wed:

Here is a pic of Thanksgiving Day after we got home (new outfit!):

Up close pic. My hair looked better in the day lol:

*My dad said that the gym had been paying off as I was able to get a smaller sweater size and the skirt that I bought was a tad loose. Can't tell in the pics but I haven't had my pic taken since May (aside from my license and we won't go there) so to me I still need a lot of work but it was nice to hear a comment like that from my Dd who always nags!!

After T.D., we made our game plan for Blk Friday! yes planner Megan in action!!
The Plan:
Dbro will wait outside of Best Buy or Sears for his $600 TV and GPS
Dm and I will meet Dbro at BB at 3:30 if he got a ticket for the items or I will meet Dbro at Sears at 3:30 for store opening at 4 to load the TV in the SUV.
Go home and get Dm and head down to Kohls and Target, meet up with my 3 aunts, cousin, and baby cousin Caden for breakfast at Bob Evans, and go to the mall...

Well...
Dbro drives the 30 mins to BB, there were 100 solid people in line at 11:30 so he leaves and goes to Sears which is 10 mins from our house and no one is there. He waits in his car till 1 and then gets out and was 2nd in line. I met him at 3:30 and we got the TV and the GPS!! After waiting 30+mins at package pick up, we loaded the TV and headed home!!

DM and I headed to Kohls and Target (same area as BB) and got some great things at Kohls for our Giving Tree girls and I got some games for my kids at school for $4 each!
We got some good priced DVDs at Target and was thankful they had the Express lines as Express lines!!!

We met Dm's sisters, my cousin, and baby caden at Bob Evans for breakfast and had a great time. Here is Caden after he ate!

We were kidding around saying he was already tired and the day didn't start yet! My Dd said my cousin was crazy for bringing him bc he is almost 6 mos old but you know what, he did not fuss at all the whole day!!! He was such a good baby and enjoyed looking around at everything!

My best deal of the day, Vera Bradley backpack on sale for $60 from $90!

I've decided to take this to WDW to use unless it rains a day and then I will use my drawstring bag.

I also got for my BEST BEST deal of the day, a COLUMBIA winter coat at JCP. It was $160 full price, 1/2 off, and then $15 off, Dm gave me a $25 gift card, and I paid on my debit $40 for the coat Sorry no pic! It's all brown with sea green!

After some mall shopping..and good deals at Disney Store, we were headed to Cheesecake Factory at the mall to find a 2 hour wait!!! Dm's sisters and cousin didn't want to wait .
On the way home Dm and I stopped at B&N, BB, and Toys R US and ended our 12 hour shopping day and were home by 7pm!

Today Dm and I went for much needed pedicures! After that we did some more shopping at our local Target and Walmart. I HIT THE TARGET TRAVEL SECTION!!!!!! When we got home I began to pack!

I got this shirt on sale for $10 at Disney Store in the mall to wear with jeans:

I got this shirt for $5 at Old Navy to wear with black gauchos pants for MVMCP or CLP

My bags that I'll be taking for sure!

To use for the parks if it would rain. My stuff would be in ziplock bags:

My "airplane bag" I thought about just taking my Vera Backpack but I want to take my binder and passporter and they for sure won't fit!

My clothes, toiletry bag, etc.

The only bag I didn't take a pic of was my red Vera large duffel bag which will be my 2nd Carry On. It will have my shoes in it and maybe my light columbia coat but mostly for gifts/souvenirs that I bring back.

Toiletry bag:

Filled and ready to go!!

I was even able to fit all my make-up in that bag! I didn't want to put the extra money into buying some make-up but I don't want to worry about carry-on liquids and figured I can keep the extra make-up at home in PA and won't worry about taking it from Ohio all the time! We also got 2 forms of deterg. After last Xmas trip and my food poisoning and needing to wash clothes at AKL, we have our own deterg now just in case!

Well that is it for now!!

It will be a busy week at school. It is my lesson week on Kwanzaa, we have a staff meeting Tues, First Aid training on wed (i think), and I head home to PA again on Fri to see the Rockettes with my Dm on Saturday!! My work party is on Sun afternoon so I won't have time to sit around Sunday to pack for WDW so it will be done Sat!!

Stay tuned!!!

*Packing Pics
*Left to do
*Order the Xmas cake or not???

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 11-28-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:26 PM   #340
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Great tree

Sounds like you got a ton of great deals Black Friday

Way to go on buying smaller clothes

Cute shirts and I love all your bags

Have fun seeing the Rockettes. We saw them in April about 7 or 8 years ago and it was great. I would love to see the Christmas show
Old 11-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #341
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

That's so great you are doing the Giving Tree. I was going to suggest maybe some sort of jewelry kit but it sounds like you're done shopping!

Yay on the VB deal!

Have fun at the Rockettes show...it is AWESOME!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 11-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #342
Elevationist
DIS Veteran

Grats on all the great Black Friday deals! And loving the photos! It didn't even dawn on me to wrap up my PTR with packing photos, I think that's exactly what I'll do in a couple days.

December 4-12, 2015 Port Orleans French Quarter

- December 2009, Coronado Springs - February 2006, Animal Kingdom Lodge - January 2005, All-Star Music - January 2002, Offsite
- July 2000, Offsite - January 2000, Offsite - April 1998, All-Star Sports - May 1986, Offsite
Old 11-29-2009, 09:11 AM   #343
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Great tree

Sounds like you got a ton of great deals Black Friday

Way to go on buying smaller clothes

Cute shirts and I love all your bags

Have fun seeing the Rockettes. We saw them in April about 7 or 8 years ago and it was great. I would love to see the Christmas show
I'm super excited about the Rockettes! They were in Pittsburgh a few years back and my Dm and I didn't go and we were sad about that so now it's our chance to go again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
That's so great you are doing the Giving Tree. I was going to suggest maybe some sort of jewelry kit but it sounds like you're done shopping!

Yay on the VB deal!

Have fun at the Rockettes show...it is AWESOME!
Thanks for the tip and yep we bought a jewelry kit!
All in all we got for the girls:
-Heart diamond necklace with diamond earings
-Silver bracelet
-Make up kits
-Sample make up from my cousin who works at Lancome
-Art kits with drawing paper and paint paper
-Hannah Montana fashion drawing kit
-Friendship bracelet making kit
-Yahtzee and Uno games
-Poofy vests, blue and pink from kmart
-Nike shoes on sale for $30 at Kohls
-Colored socks

We just have to wait to double check shirt/pant sizes. On the sheet it says 14/16 Jr. size shirt but size 2 pants..there is noooo way! Dd will double check tomorrow and we'll finish shopping for them next weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevationist View Post
Grats on all the great Black Friday deals! And loving the photos! It didn't even dawn on me to wrap up my PTR with packing photos, I think that's exactly what I'll do in a couple days.
I did my pre-packing today since I've been home for 5 days and have a lot of my cooler weather things with me that I'd take to WDW and everything fit with room to spare (not including a set of PJs tho) and well, I'm guessing it will be under 50lbs. I've "overpacked" right now not knowing what the weather will be like in 10 days but by next weekend, I"ll have a better idea and color coded my list accordingly
Old 11-29-2009, 09:15 AM   #344
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

10 days!!!!

10 DAYS!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!

UP NEXT:
-What will the weather be like??
-Celebration cake or not???
-Packing Pics!!
-This time next week pics!!!!

Old 11-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #345
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! I was behind...busy, busy! And, you have updated tons!!! Sorry I did not get back to you sooner on the girls art supplies. I would say Michael's or AC Moore for sets would be great. They also have iron on gems that you could get and plain t-shirts. They can make something and wear it too!!!

Everything else going on looks great...glad you got some great BF deals and a fun shopping day!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: