Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #316
joy13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Can you please PM me your bouncy mickey?!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
Sure!

Old 11-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #317
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear the Praxis didn't go as well as you had hoped. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...I know what a pain those tests are. Just curious what types of questions they asked you. You mentioned studying terms, assessments, etc. My Praxis test was pretty much just like the ACT with math, reading, science, and social studies.

I like your shopping list. I have that Wendy/Tinkerbell Precious Moments you are talking about! hehe
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #318
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Perhaps you did better than you thought on the Praxis. I remember walking out with my head feeling as if it were mush.

Looks like you got a lot this year at Target. I'm hoping none of us need gloves for MVMCP. If it keeps up like it has, we'll need shorts!

Old 11-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #319
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Don't worry about your test. I bet you did better than u think

your must buy look great

Love target dollar section
Old 11-15-2009, 10:45 PM   #320
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Ohhhhh! I just spent a bit of money at Target from their dollar section!!! LOL

Your days look great!

I hope you did better than you are expecting on your test!!!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 11-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #321
nic100308
DIS Veteran

Don't worry about the test. Anytime I would take an exam, once it was over I didn't not speak or think about it. I would put it completely out of my head, because there was nothing I could do. Thank goodness it always turned out well, but if I got to thinking and second guessing I would make myself crazy. At least Disney will be a welcome and wonderful distraction!!!

I love the goodies that you've gotten. I have to look for those gloves!! I had them in the back of my head for just in case and I keep wavering. But I would rather have them just in case.

I love the Christmas tree!!! We will be going the day after we return to get ours. I figured it was perfect because I will decorate before we leave and then when we get back we'll get our tree and put all our new ornaments on it!!!
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

Old 11-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #322
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
Don't worry about the test. Anytime I would take an exam, once it was over I didn't not speak or think about it. I would put it completely out of my head, because there was nothing I could do. Thank goodness it always turned out well, but if I got to thinking and second guessing I would make myself crazy. At least Disney will be a welcome and wonderful distraction!!!

I love the goodies that you've gotten. I have to look for those gloves!! I had them in the back of my head for just in case and I keep wavering. But I would rather have them just in case.

I love the Christmas tree!!! We will be going the day after we return to get ours. I figured it was perfect because I will decorate before we leave and then when we get back we'll get our tree and put all our new ornaments on it!!!
Last Dec when my parents came to visit me at WDW, I did not think a thing about gloves bc I had lived there and adapted to the weather but the one night it was FREEZING!! I ended up buying a pair of their mickey gloves, similar to the ones from Target but just all black with mickey and they were $10. I had 1/2 off gift shops at the time so they were only $5 but still!! 3 bucks is nothing compared to 10!!!! It's always handy to have gloves and hope you don't have to use them!!!

Old 11-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #323
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
Sure!
Thanks!! I the mickey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear the Praxis didn't go as well as you had hoped. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...I know what a pain those tests are. Just curious what types of questions they asked you. You mentioned studying terms, assessments, etc. My Praxis test was pretty much just like the ACT with math, reading, science, and social studies.

I like your shopping list. I have that Wendy/Tinkerbell Precious Moments you are talking about! hehe
In PA you have to take 2 Praxis II. One is content knowledge: here's the question pick the right answer and Curriculum Instruction and Assessment: Here is a situation and how would you solve it. It's hard to get an open ended question and try and decide what you..I mean the darn test would think is the answer even though I think it might be this answer..ya tough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Perhaps you did better than you thought on the Praxis. I remember walking out with my head feeling as if it were mush.

Looks like you got a lot this year at Target. I'm hoping none of us need gloves for MVMCP. If it keeps up like it has, we'll need shorts!
After taking it 4x now and the class which is supposed to help you pass.. I felt the most unsure about passing..go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Don't worry about your test. I bet you did better than u think

your must buy look great

Love target dollar section
Thanks! I'm debating if I want to hit up the travel section over Thanksgiving weekend or wait till the following weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Ohhhhh! I just spent a bit of money at Target from their dollar section!!! LOL

Your days look great!

I hope you did better than you are expecting on your test!!!
Thanks..hope for the best

Quote:

Thanks I found the gloves in the kids clothing section. They were on the end hanging on hooks with matching hats. They also had Hello Kitty and Princess ones too.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #324
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Best news of the trip!!!

HAPPY FRIDAY DIS!!

Can you believe that my trip is only 19 days away

19 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting on Sunday the following will happen:
School: Mon and Tues
Off work: Wed-Sunday for Thanksgiving
School: Mon-following Thurs
Disney: Thurs-Tues
School for 6 days and then off for Xmas!!!

Well, I didn't think I had much to share since I'm planning on doing my shopping and packing over Thanksgiving and the following weekend but...

THE BEST NEWS OF ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE GOT A RENTAL CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dm called when I got out of work and said well your father has some news. I thought she meant someone put an offer on our house in PA and she says 'no ya right'..

Your Dd got a rental car for $197!!!!!!

We are getting it through Dollar Rental Cars. We typically use National or Alamo so this will be new for us. I checked the website and the cars look pretty nice.
Have any of you used Dollar before????????????

I'm psyched. Kinda sad that I won't get to see that movie on DME that everyone raves about but, I'll get over it!
Now we'll get into YC before 11 hopefully so I can jump in the pool speedy quick and head to bed. We won't have to play the bus game and wait and wait and wait. I'm thrilled!!!!

MORE NEWS:

I noticed online that my CM site was giving me a holiday discount 60% off for YC water view. It came to the same price as 1/2 off with standard view. I thought for a moment about calling to switch the ressie and add the QS DDP for the night and thought..ya right. Everything is set from DME for Dm and Dbro to the room. We'll deal with out a DDP this trip!!

Some sadish news...
I had not been on my CM site for about 5 days and got online only to see that WDW opened up ALL of the MVMCP discounts for CMs. Last year we only got a discount ($32) for parties in Nov. This year it's Nov and Dec. We could have saved $80 and now with having a rental car, I would have been able to drive to the store and get the tickets Sometimes it pays to wait I guess???????

Well that is it for now...

I'm spending the weekend in Cincinnati for a work Child Abuse Red Cross class tomorrow..6 hours of it

Hopefully the good news keeps coming!!!

STAY TUNED!

It occurred to me that I have not posted pics of when I worked at WDW so here are a few. My computer crashed twice already in a year so I lost a lot of my pictures from my College Program. I have them on CDs packed away but here are a few that survived via Facebook and cell phone:

The castle suite aka my Dis profile pic: (taken w/cell phone, not great quality)

Getting ready to start my day in BBB:

What FGIT can do before the park opens for the day!!!

How AK Education Presenters get around AK backstage:

Rachel and I holding up props from the Anteater

Meghan (former roomie) and I at AK..her shirt says Extinction is Forever..a motto of AK:

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 11-20-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:14 PM   #325
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Great news for you! You won't get to see the movie, but you will get to hear the CM say, "Welcome Home", which is easily my favorite phrase!

Old 11-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #326
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Score on the rental car

so close now
Old 11-23-2009, 08:09 AM   #327
nic100308
DIS Veteran

You are too funny, I can't believe you actually thought about changing things again. But I think it's really sweet that you're just trying to make things perfect for your family vacation. It's going to be a wonderful trip, so not to worry.

So glad that you got your rental car. It will make things a lot easier on you. I let you know how that movie on ME is. We've never taken ME before, this will be our first time!!

Not that many more days of work, huh!?!?! How many at this point, just over a week? Not even?

Isn't it exciting??!? What are the dinner plans for Thanksgiving!?!?!
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

Old 11-23-2009, 11:32 AM   #328
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Oh!! Congrats on the rental car....makes things a bit easier I think, huh?! Great CM pix!!!! I hope you get to see a bunch of your former co-CM's!!!!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 11-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #329
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Great news for you! You won't get to see the movie, but you will get to hear the CM say, "Welcome Home", which is easily my favorite phrase!
Oh I'm super excited!!! Dm and Dbro will still use DME since their flight gets in so early so they will get to check out the DVD
I've researched Dollar and it didn't seem like the most loved rental car company but people always have their likes and dislikes. We did sign up for their Express Card to by pass the main line to check in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Score on the rental car

so close now
16 days!!!!

Quote:
You are too funny, I can't believe you actually thought about changing things again. But I think it's really sweet that you're just trying to make things perfect for your family vacation. It's going to be a wonderful trip, so not to worry.

So glad that you got your rental car. It will make things a lot easier on you. I let you know how that movie on ME is. We've never taken ME before, this will be our first time!!

Not that many more days of work, huh!?!?! How many at this point, just over a week? Not even?

Isn't it exciting??!? What are the dinner plans for Thanksgiving!?!?!
I know, how dare I mess up the Resort Ressies again!!!

I'm super glad we got a rental car..all the other car sites quoted $300+. I'm hoping that doesn't mean that Dollar is a "poo" company and let us down! I read some pretty crazy reviews online, none of which were from MCO but we'll hope for the best. As long as we have a car that can fit 4 people and has AC or Heat depending on the weather and doesn't have a "Maintenance Required" light that is lit!!

Thanksgiving...we go to my Aunts/Uncles (mom oldest sis) in eastern OH and then on Black Friday my my mom, her 3 sis's, a cousin, and my self all going shopping north of Pittsburgh!! It's a tradition and my mom has created a monster of me...We will be sitting outside of Best Buy at 4am for nothing in particular..It's all a part of the experience!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Oh!! Congrats on the rental car....makes things a bit easier I think, huh?! Great CM pix!!!! I hope you get to see a bunch of your former co-CM's!!!!
Thanks!! I can't wait to see some friends..esp. my one friend who is now an Elephant Keeper at AK!! I was very close with my head manager at BBB and she's very excited to see me!!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:15 AM   #330
nic100308
DIS Veteran

I know what you mean!!! The Black Friday shopping was a tradition that my husbands family always had. When I started dating him I started to go, but I find in recent years it hasn't been as good as it used to be. Anyway, since a lot of the shopping will be done in Disney, I am going to decorate the house for Christmas on Black Friday. Then my mom and brother will be coming for Turkey Day part deux.

If I don't hear from you have a wonderful Turkey Day and good luck with the shopping!!! I hope you get some good finds!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: