Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #286
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Yay for getting your mail! I always love getting the ME tags...it's so exciting to see the resort name on your tag. It's like am I really staying here?!

I love the Charlie Brown Halloween show! Though we can never figure out why all the other kids get candy and he always gets rocks.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 11-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #287
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Mmmmm...Thanksgiving dinner!!! Love it!!!! I LOVE the MVMCP tix! When we went in 2006 they were not as cute!!?? Are they plastic like the key to the world cards? Thay look like it. Anyway, hope you family dinner was good!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #288
nic100308
DIS Veteran

LOL I didn't even think twice about ripping open that package, I was so darn excited!!! I think that the front is still in tact though. And we bought our MVMCP tickets so long ago I don't even remember which characters are one them. I'll have to take a gander. We have all our travel/Disney stuff in the dresser in the spare bedroom. It's exciting to add stuff to the pile, but I can't wait to break it out and have fun with my plastic folders and the label maker. LOL it's the little things!
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

Old 11-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #289
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Yeah--they are plastic like kttw cards. I think they are cute, but I would like a Christmas theme on the card itself. Oh well, can't look a gift horse in the mouth--at least they are sturdy.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #290
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Yay for getting your mail! I always love getting the ME tags...it's so exciting to see the resort name on your tag. It's like am I really staying here?!

I love the Charlie Brown Halloween show! Though we can never figure out why all the other kids get candy and he always gets rocks.
SOOOO FUN!! We have never stayed at YC before so it's fun to see the blue mickey head!! I feel so special

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Mmmmm...Thanksgiving dinner!!! Love it!!!! I LOVE the MVMCP tix! When we went in 2006 they were not as cute!!?? Are they plastic like the key to the world cards? Thay look like it. Anyway, hope you family dinner was good!
They are like KTTW cards. The ones I had last year that I got at Will Call were the paper type that my Dfam will get with my main gate pass when we go to the parks (them for free )

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
LOL I didn't even think twice about ripping open that package, I was so darn excited!!! I think that the front is still in tact though. And we bought our MVMCP tickets so long ago I don't even remember which characters are one them. I'll have to take a gander. We have all our travel/Disney stuff in the dresser in the spare bedroom. It's exciting to add stuff to the pile, but I can't wait to break it out and have fun with my plastic folders and the label maker. LOL it's the little things!
I can't wait to start packing as well!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Yeah--they are plastic like kttw cards. I think they are cute, but I would like a Christmas theme on the card itself. Oh well, can't look a gift horse in the mouth--at least they are sturdy.
I like that they are sturdy esp. if it is raining or a hot day if that makes sense?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #291
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

1m 1w!!!!!

1 MONTH 1 WEEK or 37 days!!!!

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??!!!!

The past few days between issues at work and being sick on and off I'm sooo ready to escape to FL and I'm tempted to just stay! haha.

My next post will be about my LISTS LISTS LISTS which might be some time from now.

I'm taking my Praxis test AGAIN on the 14th so until then I'm studying!! My work also needs me to take my certification classes (CPR, etc.) before Dec or they will have to remove me from the schedule according to the state. Now all I have to say is where was all these classes in the summer when I sat around doing NOTHING and now I have to cram in my Praxis stuff in PA and now alll these work classes in OH before Xmas
Gotta love people who aren't organized
So for those reasons I guess my lists will have to wait until after Thanksgiving as I'll have my Praxis test and 4 work cert tests before Thanksgiving

Now for some happy news!!

I'm not sure if I mentioned before but I have 2 wonderful suprises while I'm at WDW!!!!!

My BFF from home in PA will be at WDW in Dec with her DH and DD4!! We are going to MVMCP on the same day (13th) and they will be staying at the Marriott timeshare near Sea World I'm super excited!! So I"m sure you will be seeing pics and posts about her and her fam. The pic of me and the little girl at Steelers practice is "S" as we will call her--it's her DD.

MORE GREAT NEWS!!!

My other BFF that I lived with at WDW..we'll call her E will be at WDW too!! I'm super excieted about E because she lives in CA and is getting her nursing license for ultrasound and is super busy with school and I had NO idea when I would see her again since we moved in May so I'M THRILLLLLLEDDDD to be seeing her!!! She'll be staying with a friend and working at CR pool (lifeguard) for a week in Dec

E was "the friend I wasn't supposed to have" Long story short when I checked in for my CP in Jan 08' my roomie from Pitt and I had planned to live with 2 girls in our apt and when we asked they told us no pairing and took my roomie and I and held the other 2 girls and paired us with E and her roomie and the 2 girls behind us to make our apt of 6 girls. That is why I say everything happens for a reason!!! After our CP, I got a townhouse with 3 other girls but we had 5 br. E was living with other people for the summer, their lease ended and she ended up living with us...more everything happens for reasons! And finally my last condo I lived in was with E and another friend from AK...

So..E is the friend I wasn't supposed to have who is now another BFF!!!

Can you see why I'm super thrilled to see her??!!!!

So between S and her fam and E being at WDW I'm just counting down the days like you would not believe!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is it for now, my lunch is now over!!

Stay tuned!

UP NEXT:
LISTS LISTS LISTS!!!!
..hopefully sooner not later!

Old 11-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #292
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Bummer on having to cram so much in such a short amount of time

But at least it will probably make the next few weeks fly by

Yay on seeing your friends down there
Old 11-03-2009, 07:39 PM   #293
Mom2Brooke
Earning My Ears

Hi Megan!
Just sent you a friend request on fb..WOW you are fast!

I'm loving your ptr!!

October 2010 - Planned in 4 days - Brooke's surprise 5th birthday trip!!, Tried POP and loved it!!

April 2010 - Polynesian, 2nd family trip!!
April 2008 - Polynesian, Brooke & Daddy's first trip!
Me: Too many times to count, offsite!! Disney Paris-1993, first time 'on-site'-Poly/Wonder cruise-October 2005
Old 11-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #294
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Sorry you have to do so much in so little time! You will do it! Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see your lists!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:00 AM   #295
nic100308
DIS Veteran

LOL I LOVE LISTS!!!!

CPR cert is a cake walk. It's a few hours that you have to listen to a lecture and then you're done. I'm surprised your school doesn't offer it through them, or that they don't have someone come in like once a year to get a group of people certified. Anyway the one I took was CPR and First Aid so I knocked them out in one afternoon. I'm not a teacher but my old job was offering it for free so I took it.

Anyway, isn't it funny the way some things work out!?!?! It was a little blessing you didn't know was coming your way. So exciting that you'll b seeing your friends. And just think, by the time you get to Disney you will be all finished with test and classes. Just another thing to celebrate!!!
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

Old 11-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #296
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I'm a list maker. . .I totally love them!

Also, good luck ont he PRAXIS. It's been a long time since I took the tests (then it was the National Teacher's Exam and Professional Knowledge Exam). Praxis was the maker then, and I am glad I don't have to go through them again.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #297
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

I am never thrilled with Halloween either. It's supposed to be about being scary, not skanky!! Next year I'm going as Cruella De Vil, I think! I am in love with dogs and a huge animal rights person so I think it would be funny.

I am jealous of your Mickey mail! I'm going to just die when I get home to a bunch of it beause my mom said I have had a few Disney envelopes come to the house. Can't wait!

How exciting that you'll be seeing old friends. I LOVE THAT! I also love unexpected friends. I am having a reunion in Vegas with friends I met doing an internship...that I almost didn't take! But I did it and met some of the most amazing people in my life!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:05 PM   #298
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Bummer on having to cram so much in such a short amount of time

But at least it will probably make the next few weeks fly by

Yay on seeing your friends down there
I guess you can say that in the end I'll be at WDW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Brooke View Post
Hi Megan!
Just sent you a friend request on fb..WOW you are fast!

I'm loving your ptr!!
Yay for fbook friends!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Sorry you have to do so much in so little time! You will do it! Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see your lists!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
LOL I LOVE LISTS!!!!

CPR cert is a cake walk. It's a few hours that you have to listen to a lecture and then you're done. I'm surprised your school doesn't offer it through them, or that they don't have someone come in like once a year to get a group of people certified. Anyway the one I took was CPR and First Aid so I knocked them out in one afternoon. I'm not a teacher but my old job was offering it for free so I took it.

Anyway, isn't it funny the way some things work out!?!?! It was a little blessing you didn't know was coming your way. So exciting that you'll b seeing your friends. And just think, by the time you get to Disney you will be all finished with test and classes. Just another thing to celebrate!!!
A teacher at my school actually teaches CPR and 1st Aid but I have to go to the Y in Cincinnati to take Child Abuse and Childhood Illness classes which are 7ish hours each?! Crazyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I'm a list maker. . .I totally love them!

Also, good luck ont he PRAXIS. It's been a long time since I took the tests (then it was the National Teacher's Exam and Professional Knowledge Exam). Praxis was the maker then, and I am glad I don't have to go through them again.
Thanks! I'm hoping to nail it this time! It's about time I get my head outta the clouds and finish my last bit of certification lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
I am never thrilled with Halloween either. It's supposed to be about being scary, not skanky!! Next year I'm going as Cruella De Vil, I think! I am in love with dogs and a huge animal rights person so I think it would be funny.

I am jealous of your Mickey mail! I'm going to just die when I get home to a bunch of it beause my mom said I have had a few Disney envelopes come to the house. Can't wait!

How exciting that you'll be seeing old friends. I LOVE THAT! I also love unexpected friends. I am having a reunion in Vegas with friends I met doing an internship...that I almost didn't take! But I did it and met some of the most amazing people in my life!!!
Haha. I'd double check your DME stuff..lord knows those reservation people mess up from time to time lol. Or maybe it's just my luck????
Old 11-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #299
joy13
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you have a busy month! It's nice that you have Disney at the end to look forward too!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:32 AM   #300
Elevationist
DIS Veteran

All that busy-ness will make the time until your trip pass by so much faster.

December 4-11, 2015 Art of Animation

September 2014, Pop Century - December 2009, Coronado Springs - February 2006, Animal Kingdom Lodge - January 2005, All-Star Music
January 2002, Offsite - July 2000, Offsite - January 2000, Offsite - April 1998, All-Star Sports - May 1986, Offsite

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: