Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2009, 08:58 PM   #271
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Ugh. Hope you are feeling better. I also got the sinus infection/bronchitis diagnosis yesterday. I'll share your misery!

Can't wait to read the day by day plans!
Old 10-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #272
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
Ugh. Hope you are feeling better. I also got the sinus infection/bronchitis diagnosis yesterday. I'll share your misery!

Can't wait to read the day by day plans!
Thanks!! Wish I could say I was feeling better after having taken day 3 of my Zpak but no such luck Cough is much better though! Pretty sure I have an ear infection but not sure if the Zpak will cure that or if another $30 co-pay + ear drops are in my future

Hope you are feeling better!!!
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #273
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Photo Update!

HI DIS!!!!

It's been several days since I've updated and a while since I've posted pictures so I figured why not spend my Wed not making out my lesson plan for next week and be consumed by Dis!!

This post is updates only with pictures.

Nothing new to report that I have not already reported so well here we go!

41 days to go!!!
Tomorrow will be 40 days aka 6 weeks!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to vacation. Pretty much my Nov/Dec will be as follows:
Thanksgiving break Thurs-Sun
1 week and 4 days at school
Disney!!
6 days of school
Xmas vacation
5 days of school
New Years vacation

Can you tell I'm looking forward to everything??!!
..OT post but this just made me sooo upset today at work I had to post (sorry for the rant)

Pretty much my co-teacher (we'll call her S) and I were in the classroom after my lunch. She attempted to ask the 2 managers at the front desk what she should do as we don't need 2 teachers in the room at naptime. She went to the front desk and neither were there but saw on the room cameras that they were in a meeting with 2 "suits" in another classroom so she came back. 10 mins later a teacher in School Age room (not fond of her) came in and we asked if the managers were back to see what S should do and she said no and we told her of the meeting with the "suit" guys and she said oh I'll go find out who they are. Later that afternoon teacher D that works with me in the afternoon came in and said oh BTW, I was told to tell you that School Age teacher said it was none of your business who the "suit" guys are.

I was so mad. Some people have some nerve to blame their curiosity on others!! I would like to tell her off but there are kids around so well I'll hold back but man was I mad!!

Okay enough of the school rant!!!
..can you see? Much needed vacation!!

Disney Update:
As of today the following things are done:
-Resorts, booked with deposits.
-ADRs, booked but still need to print out confirmation nums
-DME, booked and package arrived!
-Flights, booked and have ticket info printed
-Mousekeeping, printed and ready for money!
-Holiday Celebration, received in the mail and in the binder!
-Day by Day plans done!
-Menus, printed and in the binder!

Looks pretty good right now

I have not started my packing list. I'm a super OCD packing person and well it is way too early to think about that!!!

I also am considering a celebration cake for our first night at YC. I've seen some pretty cool cakes from YC cake thread so I'm thinking of a standard 6inch cake with an edible image of mickey and friends Christmas. Should be pretty cheap as I'm not asking for fondant or any statues.

I've attempted to see if I could book my YC room at my holiday celebration discount of 60% off like CPersmom's DD did and add the DDP (qs) for the night but EVERYTHING seems booked. I guess between the Dis event, and football event, and other meets, it will be a busy weekend. Let's hope the parks don't show that!!!!

Other than that I have been super busy at school and trying to get over this darn illness which I think has erupted into a right ear infection. I'm hoping the Zpak will cure it so another $30 co-pay and ear drop costs will not have to be used Any advice would be wonderful if you can think of home remedies that would help!!!!

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some pictures from the past few weeks!

Cirque Du Soleil's Algeria's Program:

My classroom decorated for Halloween:

Long awaited Holiday package coupon booklet:

The card that holds my park tickets, photopass, and other discounts:

The card in my ID holder: I can't show park guests my ID or nametag out of costume but for now they are all together to not get lost!!

Where did my countdown go??!!!

And that is it!!! I'm off to go watch Hocus Pocus on ABCfam

STAY TUNED!!!!

UP NEXT:
Pics of DME info
Pics of MVMCP tix
Day by Day schedule
Will I ever start my packing/shopping list??!!!
What will I buy with 40% off ALL gift shops at WDW??!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #274
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Wow--I want 40% off!

That stinks about that teacher. Some people get their underpants all in a wad for nothing. I said it today, and I'll say it again--there is no reason not to be pleasant! Not chipper, not excited, but simply pleasant. Especially in a working situation when you are a teacher, for goodness sake!

You've gotten a lot more done than me! I'm playing around with ridemax some, but I have so many subscriptions now here, that it takes me forever to catch up--I don't anyone to be left out!

Old 10-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #275
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Sounds like you are all set

That sucks about that other teacher...

Hope you feel better soon

Son just finished up being sick, then it was mine turn and now my hubby is down for the count
Old 10-29-2009, 12:26 AM   #276
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Aw I am sorry that happened at school...I totally know what you mean and have definitely had that happen to me before. I liked the pics you took! I'm jealous that you got your ME stuff! I mean, I think I got mine b/c I had it sent home since I am at school. My mom said I got a few envelopes from Disney so I can't wait to check them out when I get back. Have a good weekend and I will tell California Mickey that you said hi!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #277
nic100308
DIS Veteran

Where did your countdown go!?!?!

I love your classroom, it's so cute!!

I'm an OCD packer and planner too. I plan to get everything, or as much as possible, together this weekend. I've taken the packing list from Mouse Savers and customized it for our needs. I hang onto extra things like toiletries and such so I won't have to buy them again and I've decided to add one or two things for the trip to our weekly shopping list. If I had an out of the way place to put a suitcase I would totally start packing!!
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

Old 10-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #278
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Woo hoo, your trip will be here before you know it! I can't believe it's almost November already. Where did the year go?!

Your classroom looks very cute all decorated for Halloween!

40% off at all the gift shops?! Ohhhhhh boy that sounds dangerous. I'd be in heaven.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #279
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Wow--I want 40% off!

That stinks about that teacher. Some people get their underpants all in a wad for nothing. I said it today, and I'll say it again--there is no reason not to be pleasant! Not chipper, not excited, but simply pleasant. Especially in a working situation when you are a teacher, for goodness sake!

You've gotten a lot more done than me! I'm playing around with ridemax some, but I have so many subscriptions now here, that it takes me forever to catch up--I don't anyone to be left out!
I the 40% off. If you can believe it but last year we got 50% off the gift shops in the park gift shops. EVERYONE and their brother got WDW gifts last year lol. It was nice to stay at a resort and have them ship all the bags to the resort and not have to carry them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Sounds like you are all set

That sucks about that other teacher...

Hope you feel better soon

Son just finished up being sick, then it was mine turn and now my hubby is down for the count
::well wishes:: for your sickness!! I think I'm going to go to school in a bubble from now on. My co-teacher is now sick too and she is also expecting her first DD (7 mos along) and feels horrible that she can't take any meds except tylenol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
Aw I am sorry that happened at school...I totally know what you mean and have definitely had that happen to me before. I liked the pics you took! I'm jealous that you got your ME stuff! I mean, I think I got mine b/c I had it sent home since I am at school. My mom said I got a few envelopes from Disney so I can't wait to check them out when I get back. Have a good weekend and I will tell California Mickey that you said hi!
I saw you made it to Cali, yay! I expect tons of pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
Where did your countdown go!?!?!

I love your classroom, it's so cute!!

I'm an OCD packer and planner too. I plan to get everything, or as much as possible, together this weekend. I've taken the packing list from Mouse Savers and customized it for our needs. I hang onto extra things like toiletries and such so I won't have to buy them again and I've decided to add one or two things for the trip to our weekly shopping list. If I had an out of the way place to put a suitcase I would totally start packing!!
My countdown is gone from 90-45. Now the other side of my closet is just let It says 40 days today!!!

I'm just counting down the days until I can hit target hard with their travel section!! My Dm and I will make a day of it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Woo hoo, your trip will be here before you know it! I can't believe it's almost November already. Where did the year go?!

Your classroom looks very cute all decorated for Halloween!

40% off at all the gift shops?! Ohhhhhh boy that sounds dangerous. I'd be in heaven.
40% is dangerous but last year when we had 50% off...it was horrid. It took me 3 months to pay off my credit card bills between xmas gifts and gifts for myself!!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #280
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Your classroom looks really cute! Sorry the teacher gave you such a hard time!

Your countdown is dwindling quickly huh?!

I can't wait!!!!!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:55 AM   #281
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Your classroom looks really cute! Sorry the teacher gave you such a hard time!

Your countdown is dwindling quickly huh?!

I can't wait!!!!!

39 days today crazy!!!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #282
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Mickey mail!!!

YAY FOR MICKEY MAIL!!!

I hope everyone had a great Halloween!! We don't do much for Halloween. I for one have never been too thrilled with Halloween so besides the fact that my Dd's birthday is on Halloween that is about it in the thrill department!

No news to report on besides the fact that Disney is still having some major issue with the CM online dining reservation discounts. They STILL have not fixed the issue (whatever it is!) and have not uploaded the pages for us to book our discount ADRs online. Not a huge deal but it's real nice to be able to print out your confirmation numbers and check different times. The lady from the holiday celebration emailed me back again and said that IT are still having issues with it and to call wdw-cast to make my dining reservations.
So....I'm going to hope that all of my ADRs check out fine and that everything is okay...
Lord knows those "reservation" CMs were supposed to update my DME stuff 3x and none of them ever did it and it took me calling DME personally to get my info updated
So, I guess I'll trust that the Dining CMs can get everything correct without me being able to confirm it online!

On a happy note, I have pictures of my MICKEY MAIL!!!

DME TAG OF YC!!!!

DME BOOKLET!!!

...I had to take out the vouchers for my Dd and I since our flights get in much later than Dm and Dbro. I felt like I was destroying it I debating about calling to see if we could get a duplicate package for Dd and I but that would be another round of explaining that 2 people can actually believe it or not be on different flights at different times! So I'm hoping DME won't mind us destroying the package and taking the vouchers out. The info in the booklet includes our flight numbers and a map of the airport. I have the flight numbers in my binder and I lived in WDW for a year and 1/2 and I'm VERY familiar with the airport so I guess I really don't need the packet

MVMCP TICKETS!!!!! I'll take the Minnie one

And finally, I thought I would share a pic of you from my Halloween/PJ party at school on Friday. One lil creature turned his head but well you get the gist. We watched Charlie Brown Halloween and ate yummy food!

Well, that is it for now!

We're off to Eastern OH for an early Thanksgiving with my Dd's side (grandma/grandpa leave to go to FL for Thanksgiving so we do it early) and then I'm heading back to Cincinnati for the work week! Take care!!!

UP NEXT:
LISTS LISTS LISTS!
..WILL THEY EVER GET STARTED?

Old 11-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #283
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

OOOHHH! I love Mickey Mail! I think my MVMCP ticket is Goofy, lol. It fits.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #284
Elevationist
DIS Veteran

I got Mickey Mail yesterday! Isn't it exciting!

I opted for the printed e-tickets for MVMCP, so no fun characters on mine, I'm afraid!

December 4-11, 2015 Art of Animation

September 2014, Pop Century - December 2009, Coronado Springs - February 2006, Animal Kingdom Lodge - January 2005, All-Star Music
January 2002, Offsite - July 2000, Offsite - January 2000, Offsite - April 1998, All-Star Sports - May 1986, Offsite

Old 11-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #285
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Yay for Mickey Mail!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: