Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #256
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
LOL I got a few of those e-mails, too. Only, mine worked out to be in my favor!! We got an e-mail about our return flight. We were a connecting flight coming home. They changed the length of the layover and made it 10 minutes longer. Before we got this e-mail, I found out that DS had a wrestling tournament the day after we came home. We were not supposed to land in Philadelphia until 11:30 pm. That would make things rough on DS. So, it said if their was an issue with the change to call and seek other options. I called. They said they could offer us an earlier flight (4:30) and it would be non-stop and there would be no extra cost. Well, that flight was going for $145 more per seat than what we paid. So, that was a hugee savings. Plus, after finding out about the wrestling thing, I was secrectly wishing they would offer that flight. It ended up being a bleesing for us! Just thought I'd share! And, there are still 6 weeks until we go...they could always change again! That was the second time that one had changed!
Gotta love how SW NEVER changes their flights unless it's that day due to weather or what-not!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPer'sMom View Post
Megan,

Did your Holiday Celebration packet arrive?? My DD got hers today It's always fun getting Disney mail like that and she's now even more excited for her (our) December Disney weekend.
Well as you know YES!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 11:33 AM   #257
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

HAPPY SUNDAY DIS!!!!

I've been so busy this weekend that I feel like it's going to take me a week to catch up on everyone's TR!!!

So..yesterday I began a class for my Praxis test to get my teaching certification. It was from 9:30-2:30 but it ended at 12 so I was a happy camper. We do have homework but oh well, nothing I'm not used to!

After my class my Dm and I went to eat at chinese buffet Dd and Dbro were in Columbus for the OSU game so we had a girls day. After lunch I went to get my nails done..a pretty red When I got home mom said :

:woo hoo:
IT CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Of course by that she means: MY HOLIDAY PACKAGE FROM DISNEY!!

If you are fb friends with me you probably saw it on my news feed!!

I checked through everything and it all checked out to what I read online so I was a happy camper! I also got a sticker for my ID for 2010. I'm not sure if this means I'm statused for 2010 because last year we got them as interns even though our IDs were dated with an expiration date so I"m not sure. I'm going to look into it. How great would it be for me to have another full year of disney perks!!!

After my celebration dance, Dm and I headed out shopping: Kohls, Target, and Best Buy. We had dinner at On the Border..yummo food!!!

I came home and crashed after that dreaming sweet disney dreams!!

Later, I'll have pics of what my package looks like but no camera with me right now!!

Well I'm off to exit the house for 2 hours while the realtor has an open house but with a 1:00 Steelers game..we prolly won't get much people!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 10-26-2009 at 12:58 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #258
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

How awesome

Old 10-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #259
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Great news update!

Old 10-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #260
Elevationist
DIS Veteran

How exciting! I'm still waiting on my Mickey Mail. Any day now!

December 4-12, 2015 Port Orleans French Quarter

- December 2009, Coronado Springs - February 2006, Animal Kingdom Lodge - January 2005, All-Star Music - January 2002, Offsite
- July 2000, Offsite - January 2000, Offsite - April 1998, All-Star Sports - May 1986, Offsite
Old 10-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #261
moparop
DIS Veteran

I love Mickey mail! It brightens any day! Hopefully you do get another year of perks -- here's hoping!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #262
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Yay! That's awesome! And my fam goes to OSU games all the time b/c their head coach is a family friend. Woo woo! Getting so much closer to December
Old 10-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #263
nic100308
DIS Veteran

ooooo Disney package!!! I guess mine should be coming soon. I did double check that they had our apartment number and also that nothing was sent out before the change. So we're good to go any day now...

Over the Board? In NY we have an On the Boarder which is super yummy!! I love Mexican food, and Chinese. Those are my two favorite dining out options. I feel like if we're going to eat out I want it to be something that I would normally not cook at home. I do make Chinese type dishes, and Mexican too, but they are never as good. I'm Italian and grew up in a house of cooks, so we never eat out Italian because if I want it I just make it myself.

Any bites on the housing front!?!?! I'm not sure about in your area but I know around here it's definitely a buyers market. Will they do an open house while you're on vacation? If they do that would be a good time, at least you won't have to clear out of there for X amount of hours.
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

Old 10-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #264
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Yay for the package coming! I hope they do extend your status! That would be great for you!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #265
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I saw on your newsfeed you got your package. Hooray! Getting close now!

Praxis...ugh, I hated those tests.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #266
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
How awesome

I know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Great news update!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevationist View Post
How exciting! I'm still waiting on my Mickey Mail. Any day now!
It will come soon, I promise!! If not, call and have them overnight it hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
I love Mickey mail! It brightens any day! Hopefully you do get another year of perks -- here's hoping!
It would be nice wouldn't it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
Yay! That's awesome! And my fam goes to OSU games all the time b/c their head coach is a family friend. Woo woo! Getting so much closer to December
I've never been..no desire and I'm okay with that. I'd rather spend the 200 bucks a ticket on shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
ooooo Disney package!!! I guess mine should be coming soon. I did double check that they had our apartment number and also that nothing was sent out before the change. So we're good to go any day now...

Over the Board? In NY we have an On the Boarder which is super yummy!! I love Mexican food, and Chinese. Those are my two favorite dining out options. I feel like if we're going to eat out I want it to be something that I would normally not cook at home. I do make Chinese type dishes, and Mexican too, but they are never as good. I'm Italian and grew up in a house of cooks, so we never eat out Italian because if I want it I just make it myself.

Any bites on the housing front!?!?! I'm not sure about in your area but I know around here it's definitely a buyers market. Will they do an open house while you're on vacation? If they do that would be a good time, at least you won't have to clear out of there for X amount of hours.
Haha, On the Border is right.. I was lacking sleep I guess when I wrote that. Very good food! I had my leftovers tonight for dinner

No bites on the house..no one even came to the open house. It was 1-3 during a Steelers football game and the Steelers have very loyal fans so it doesn't surprise us. We'll keep at it!

DME was able to look up if the package had been sent out and the CM said it was not sent out and sent it out at that moment for us

Quote:
Yay for the package coming! I hope they do extend your status! That would be great for you!
It would be wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I saw on your newsfeed you got your package. Hooray! Getting close now!

Praxis...ugh, I hated those tests.
Yay!!!!!

I spent a few hours after work at the DR's office. I found out I have bronchitis (again!) and a sinus infection He has me on a Zpak, liquid cough meds, and 2 allergy meds. All it all it was a $78 of 2 hours between the DR co-pay and meds I said it could be worse, it could have been H1N1 so I'll take what I have!!! I follow up in 2 months unless the meds don't work..I have high hopes!

I wasn't going to take a whole post to post but......

OUR DME PACKAGE ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything had been checked out and the info was all A-OK!!!

We're ready to go!!!!

That is it for now

UP NEXT:
PICS:
-Where did the countdown calendar go?!
-holiday package
-DME!!

Day by Day...
Old 10-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #267
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

I know I already wrote on your FB status but feel better soon!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #268
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

I hope you start to feel better soon! I feel like you have been sick a lot! Those rotten kids, huh? LOL

Yay for DME package...we got ours on Saturday!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #269
nic100308
DIS Veteran

still waiting...

Kids are walking germ carriers aren't they!?!? LOL I feel like our young nieces and nephews are ALWAYS sick. Well, spend the next month concentrating on getting well. Rest, lots of vitamin C, no skipping any of the meds, try to get some fresh air, and believe it or not try to change your bed sheets often. I never thought about that until my Aunt, a Nurse Practitioner, was telling one of my cousins to change the kids bed sheets after/while they were sick.
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

Old 10-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #270
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
I know I already wrote on your FB status but feel better soon!!!
Thanks! I gotta kick this before FL unless FL will cure me and I'll say bring it on!!

Quote:
I hope you start to feel better soon! I feel like you have been sick a lot! Those rotten kids, huh? LOL

Yay for DME package...we got ours on Saturday!
I have been sick a lot They say when you begin teaching you will be sick a lot the first year of teaching until your body gets used to it. When I student taugh I actually go pnemonia so you can't get much worse!

Yay for DME, I can't wait to check out the package this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
still waiting...

Kids are walking germ carriers aren't they!?!? LOL I feel like our young nieces and nephews are ALWAYS sick. Well, spend the next month concentrating on getting well. Rest, lots of vitamin C, no skipping any of the meds, try to get some fresh air, and believe it or not try to change your bed sheets often. I never thought about that until my Aunt, a Nurse Practitioner, was telling one of my cousins to change the kids bed sheets after/while they were sick.
Thanks for the advice!! I plan on taking home my sheets and towels this weekend but perhaps since I'm on the medicine now it would be a good idea to change the sheets tonight since I've had 2 doses of it now!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: